[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Girls outscore boys on inaugural national test of technology,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9
File: 1463554370001.jpg (19 KB, 300x299) Image search: [Google]
1463554370001.jpg
19 KB, 300x299
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/education/wp/2016/05/17/girls-outscore-boys-on-inaugural-national-test-of-technology-engineering-skills/
>Girls outperformed boys on a national test of technology and engineering literacy that the federal government administered for the first time in 2014, according to results made public Tuesday.

>Among eighth-grade students in public and private schools, 45 percent of girls and 42 percent of boys scored proficient on the exam, the National Assessment of Educational Progress, or NAEP. Overall, 43 percent of all students were proficient.

>The test was designed to measure students’ abilities in areas such as understanding technological principles, designing solutions and communicating and collaborating. Girls were particularly strong in the latter.

>There also were large racial and socioeconomic achievement gaps, mirroring results on standardized tests in other subjects. Just 25 percent of students who received free and reduced-price lunch scored proficient, compared to 59 percent of more affluent students. Eighteen percent of black students and 28 percent of Latino students scored proficient, for example, compared to 56 percent of white and Asian students.
>>
>>74352984

Why the fuck does a test on technology and engineering require you to have communication skills?

The autist who develops warp drives isn't going to be talking to people who need constant instructions anyways.
>>
>>74353146
Because engineering is a structured collaborative effort.

Do you think it's just some lonely wizard at Intel that's churning out all the cutting edge microprocessor designs?
>>
>>74353563

You expect me to believe that all those pictures of people soldering motherboards are fake? Nice try Goldberg.
>>
>>74352984
>>Among eighth-grade students in public and private schools, 45 percent of girls and 42 percent of boys scored proficient on the exam
wow it's fucking nothing
>>
>>74353635
This, what kind of engineering knowledge can eight graders have? Its literally irrelevant to the real field.
>>
Yeah yeah. Women can continue being try hard students studying for tests and shit while men actually invent shit.

>b-but it says here on paper that women are smarter!
ok well then do something with it.
>>
>>74352984
And yet they still can't open a pickle jar.
>>
More like this
>Among eight graders in public and private schools, girls at 45 percentage scored higher than their male counterparts at 42 percentage in teamwork.
This is all that happened

A bunch of slutty, party going eighth grade girls are better at teamwork than a bunch of insecure, shy teenage boys.
Fuck teenage girls.
I was at chick fil a last night and asked these girls to be quiet because they were screaming so loud they made babies cry. They ignored the request.
Then this CHAD came up and said the same thing and they said alright and left.
What the shit
>>
>>74352984
>Yeah, girls are smarter at math and science, the tests prove it!

>Whites and Asians aren't smarter than blacks and Hispanics though, the tests don't show the whole picture
>>
>>74352984
END FEMALES PRIVILEGE NOW. STOP THESE UNFAIR TEST FROM MARGINALIZING THE DISADVANTAGED MALE POPULATION. END MISANDRY NOW!!!
>>
Years of female teachers and male cucks trying to push boys down in favor of girls is paying off
>>
Its funny I keep seeing these ets results being reported for teenagers between 12-14 as proof girls are smarter. But no one ever seems to do any testing of male and female students at 18-19 when academically boys catch up to girls and usually exceed them.
>>
File: 1445764505969.gif (3 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1445764505969.gif
3 MB, 250x250
>>74352984
>eighth-grade students
>>
>>74352984
That's because boys mature later and are much more outgoing and energetic at a young age. Most studies on the subject has shown that girls are either equal or outperform boys at a young age, while boys start to outperform girls in their mid-teens.
>>
>>74352984
>45% girls vs 42% boys
Girls are so much smarter
>18% black vs 56% white and asian
Nothing to see here.
>>
File: received_1332122853468608.jpg (18 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
received_1332122853468608.jpg
18 KB, 960x540
>>74353912
8/10 story would jej again
>>
File: Pure coincidence.jpg (420 KB, 664x2468) Image search: [Google]
Pure coincidence.jpg
420 KB, 664x2468
>>74352984
Well this certainly seems legitimate.
>>
A qualitative test (possible scores are proficient and not proficient) featuring early puberty boys with little sexual dimorphism.

Nice. Objective as always.

If anything, this measures racial superiority.
>>
>>74352984
>amerifat men
>>
File: 1428600010911.gif (2 MB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
1428600010911.gif
2 MB, 350x197
>>74352984
>communicating and collaborating. Girls were particularly strong in the latter.

Test on Technology/Engineering skills.

>Communicating and collaborating.

Huh? So when girls can't be tested skill for skill they can be shown proficient at something? Imagine that...

>Eighteen percent of black students and 28 percent of Latino students scored proficient, for example, compared to 56 percent of white and Asian students

Yep. Seems about right.
>>
>>74354411
>in the class during test
>boys are all hard at work doing test
>girls busy chatting amongst themselves
>female teacher writes down "communication and collaboration, A+"
>>
File: Bait_Carnada-881789884-large[1].jpg (191 KB, 809x1200) Image search: [Google]
Bait_Carnada-881789884-large[1].jpg
191 KB, 809x1200
>>74353912
>Fuck teenage girls
This is jailbait
>>
>>74352984

Just more rigging of the system against men. The entire "equality" movement is actually just meant for women. Boys can no longer even be boys.
>>
>>74352984
Go outside and take a look around Goldberg everything you see is built and maintained by men with the help of a few exceptional women.
>>
>muh womyn in STEM
>>
>>74353563
I actually work in bioengineering and I can tell you, the guys in the back that rrally make breakthroughs are antisocial as fuck. That's how most tech companies are. Don't have a personality, but you have a brain? Into the think tank in the back with you.
>>
>>74353912
>You: REEEEEEEE GET OUT IM TRYING TO EAT TENDIES
>>
>>74354012
>>
File: 66c.jpg (156 KB, 727x1000) Image search: [Google]
66c.jpg
156 KB, 727x1000
>>74353563
Actually...

Technology is a completely non-collaborative effort.

While you see "teams" work on implementations, their part of the implementation is very compartmentalized.

With that said, I do run into situations at my company where engineers will have their work overlap with each other due to lack of communication. Then they will fight with each-other over who's overlap is better.
>>
>>74352984
>45 percent of girls and 42 percent of boys

as a whole group what was the percentage of girls? if only 10 of them took the test while 1000 boys did it will be reflected in those figures
>>
>>74352984
>The average score (range 0 – 300) and percentage results are estimates based on representative samples of students rather than on the entire population of students. Results are not reported for individual schools or students.
>>
File: 1460341743587.jpg (143 KB, 600x901) Image search: [Google]
1460341743587.jpg
143 KB, 600x901
>>74352984
Also, another note. Even if this were something you could actually test for.

No woman would ever want to be the lead architect / developer on a piece of hardware or software.

It requires 10+ years of dedication to a specific technology to be familiar enough with the tools, and then the hours and solitude required are hellish even for a wizard.

Even in a reality where women were 100x better at scientific disciplines, anyone would rather wave their ass around for money then have someone take care of you than engage in such miserable work.
>>
>>74353823
This
Its the same story everywhere
Women do better on written tests, they know how to remember stuff and how to present it to the examiner. But that's it, the woman probably has 0 interest in the subject she's studying, its not uncommon for women here to study engineering, without any interest.

I have had several stories and events from my college life which have essentially striped away all my expectations from female """ engineers"""
>>
>>74352984
One of the things tested is not like the others, one of the things tested doesn't belong.

>>74353563
As an actual engineer, pretty much, in a very small scale. Results get percolated across the different regions, the goals and requirements talked about first, and a constant competitions of "uhm actually"s making sure no one fucks up. No one sits down in a roundtable to discuss if frank the material scientist man is feeling fine and if he agrees with Josh the aeronautical engineer that the shape won't trigger people.

Collaboration through individual, separate efforts is how most high level engineering is done for a reason.
>>
Men and women are on bell curves of intelligence, with both groups having a mean somewhere around the same point. The male bell curve is flatter. This means that there are more stupid men, and more smart men.

A test which only measures whether you are in the top ~50% of the population, like this one, will not detect any noticeable difference between the sexes. However, to get a job in difficult stem fields, the requirements are probably closer to being in the top 10%, a level at which there would be noticeably more boys than girls.
>>
>>74356062
>I have had several stories and events from my college life which have essentially striped away all my expectations from female """ engineers"""
Tell us more, if you're not due to pass your vindaloo onto the cobbles outside.
>>
>>74356271
>look up results for graduation
>find that my year had the highest-scoring female student ever
>see a photo
>questionable throat bulge
>suspicion grows
>do a quick search on normiebook
>"she" was previously named Scott
>>
>>74356271
>sitting in library reading on evolution microcontrollers, interesting stuff
>two classmate bitches are sitting on the other side of the table
>overhear one of the girls asking the other "what is this Intel thing i keep seeing?"
>the other one responds "dont worry they dont ask that in the tests"
>>
>>74352984
>Washington Post
>>
>>74356709
Another

>test on operating systems
>very pleasant to study, read up on everything, learn all the concepts instead of learning everything by heart (rote learning) because concept help in real life situations, not textbook knowledge
>give test
>get 55/100
>mfw the highest scorer was a girl with 89/100
>mfw she got such a good score because all her answers were from the textbook, word for word
>mfw she can't even install an operating system irl and has to drop off her laptop at the repair shop to get anything done

I know the topic operating systems and installing operating systems actually aren't really that overlapping but for fucks sake what good is so much bookish knowledge with so little practical knowledge?
>>
>>74352984
Was this ever debated? Girls score really well on tests. Horrible workers tho
>>
>>74352984
>5 of the 11 women tested were proficient
>300 of the 606 men tested were proficient
>>
>>74353563
You have team leaders for that kind of thing. They divide up the work and coordinate shit. Usually they're less autistic than the socially inept colleges.
>>
>>74357420
> all her answers were from the textbook
No shit sherlock, thats how school works.
>>
>>74352984
Sex segregated schools when?
>>
>>74357558
That would be funny
>>
>>74357420
Its those people that get all the tech support jobs
>have you tried turning it off and on again?
>>
>>74357420
You will end up doing tech support and everybody i n north america will despise you to your very core.
>>
>>74358022
Im already working as an embedded dev
>>
File: 1463209645072.jpg (439 KB, 1000x839) Image search: [Google]
1463209645072.jpg
439 KB, 1000x839
>>74352984
>WaPo
>at the very least no archive link

No.
>>
>>74353563
I can go whole shifts without talking to anyone, if I don't go out of my way to strike up a conversation.
>>
>>74352984
>Women scored best in collaboration
>Women scored best when there was someone else to do the work
I am schocked
>>
>>74352984
The test was designed to measure students’ abilities in areas such as understanding technological principles, designing solutions and communicating and collaborating. Girls were particularly strong in the latter.
>Girls were particularly strong in the latter.
First of all, 3 percent is insignificant, probably falling into a margin of error.

Second, the major disparity is in collaboration, which isn't even that important on large scale engineering projects. You relay relevant/important information, that's really it.

Also
>There also were large racial and socioeconomic achievement gaps, mirroring results on standardized tests in other subjects. Just 25 percent of students who received free and reduced-price lunch scored proficient, compared to 59 percent of more affluent students. Eighteen percent of black students and 28 percent of Latino students scored proficient, for example, compared to 56 percent of white and Asian students.

This test is racist.
>>
>>74352984
>2% of participants were female
>out of that 2% 98% of them were autistic with an iq at the highest possible for women: 120
>>
>>74352984
>Yet another aptitude test rigged toward promoting girls/women.
>>
>>74353563
Im ChEng and while there is so many woman in the industry, the best researchers are literally 30+ year old wizards with flash of brillance and moving on the edge of insanity.

The biggest autist/tech wiz i saw in R&D lab of Bayer when i was on intership, his eyes were like fucking void.
>>
>>74352984
Stupid bitch writes an article about a test with subscales but fails to provide the results for the different subscales. Womens is good at science and jaw-jawing guys!
>>
>Score well in grade school when girls are known to be more developed than boys at that age
>Then completely fall behind men in terms of numbers of STEM majors in college.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.