[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aren't most modern day democracies actually republics?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
Aren't most modern day democracies actually republics?
>>
Heavily influenced by Governments Corporations and Kikes as well
>>
>>74334746
Other way around.
>>
Yes and no. They're republics in name but they actually suffer from mass democracy syndrome.
>>
File: zizek1.jpg (124 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
zizek1.jpg
124 KB, 620x372
>>74334746
>mfw simple semantics undoes my entire worldview
>>
>>74334746
Other way around.

We started as republics, which made us great.

We've been turning into nothing but democratic shitholes since.

Democracy = Tyranny of the masses

>Be every white western nation (which, naturally, were all very successful)
>Be republic
>Shitskin immigrants appeared!
>Out birth whites because of gibs and uncontrollable monkey-syndrome
>marxists see the weakness and teach shitskins that their country is a demoracy so EVERYONE should have a say, everyone is mayor of crackerville.
>WE WUZ KANGZ
>Endless "positive discrimination" laws
>Shitskins have special privileges
>Whites cucked out of existence and country, white flight ensues
>Without whites the entire country turns int South Africa/Zimbabwe

Woohoo.
>>
>>74334871
>>74335559
But we elect people to make/break most laws on our behalf. We have democratic elements but we are still considerably more a republic

>>74335027
God do I love/hate that feel so much
>>
>>74335559
jews love money, commies hate money, jews hate commies

get out of here jew
>>
>>74335747
A republic expects representatives to be educated in their field as well as have popularity with the people.

Democracy puts whoever the rabble wants in office regardless of merit.

We're more democratic than republic. Apparently being a "career politician" is enough education now.
>>
Both words semantically mean the same, it's just that one is of Greek and the other of Roman origin. That's also why modern Greek still uses the same word for both, the name of the Hellenic Republic is Elleniki Demokratia.
>>
File: laughing krauts.jpg (76 KB, 750x390) Image search: [Google]
laughing krauts.jpg
76 KB, 750x390
>>74335973
>jews hate commies
>>
File: nigger.gif (773 KB, 248x250) Image search: [Google]
nigger.gif
773 KB, 248x250
>>74335973
>>
They're both you idiot. Take a civics class, fuck...
>>
>>74334746

The US is a republic not a democracy

sauce: Federalist Paper No. 10

A very good read OP
>>
>>74334746
This just one of those stupid semantics arguments where no one can agree exactly what the terms 'democracy' or 'republic' mean exactly.

Everybody is right according to the own special snowflake definitions of the words. Nobody is right because they all have slightly different definitions.

BTW Constitutional Monarchy is the best system.
>>
>>74334746
DELET THIS
>>
>>74337570
De·moc·ra·cy: A system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives.

Re·pub·lic: A state in which supreme power is held by the people and their elected representatives, and which has an elected or nominated president rather than a monarch.

Make up your mind dictionary
>>
>>74334746
Us
>>
>>74337570

No, it's was specifically outlined by James Madison in Federalist No. 10

>More specifically: No. 10 addresses the question of how to guard against "factions", or groups of citizens, with interests contrary to the rights of others or the interests of the whole community.
>>
>>74337776
Want to expand on how these two definition as so very different?
Or why they should be considered authoritative definitions?

>>74337941
Pretty sure that Federalist No. 10 was an opinion piece and not part of your constitution.
>>
>>74337570

>BTW Constitutional Monarchy is the best system

You have been reported to the The Crown Prosecution Service for a hate speech offense against muslims and their UK Caliphate.

I would encourage other anons to do the same:

https://secure.met.police.uk/hatecrime_national/index.php
>>
>>74335747

Representative democracy
>>
>>74338622

We are a republic, just deal with it.

>“I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the REPUBLIC for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.”
>>
>>74338564
Jokes on you. Constitutional Monarchy is the preferred system of true Muslims and Caliphate approved.
>>
>>74338769

You can call yourself a theocracy for all I care
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.