[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>see political landscape >think the world is pretty bad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: 1460631184879.png (11 KB, 283x178) Image search: [Google]
1460631184879.png
11 KB, 283x178
>see political landscape
>think the world is pretty bad NOW
>then realize you were born too late to be part of discovering a new land
>also realize you were born too early to take part in space travel
HOW DO COPE THO? YOU KNOW IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN SOONER OR LATER, JUST ADMIT IT, IT'S OK, WE WON'T RIDICULE YOU
>>
>>74332547
This 'Sooner or later' actually is a very long time in terms of human generations.

How much energy would you even need to bend all that fuckhuge space between you and your destination, anyway? I figure the technology isn't close to it by any standards.

If anything I think we might get to freeze people for long journeys at some point in the near future, but that kind of exploration isn't the kind of comfy anime space station stuff you're probably thinking of.
>>
File: dfrhdtrhd.png (311 KB, 344x410) Image search: [Google]
dfrhdtrhd.png
311 KB, 344x410
>Implying humanity will leave this fucking rock before it kills itself
I read somewhere that we're eaither near the beggining of human history or nearing the end. If we get off Earth and colonize, its the beginning. If we fuck up before hand, it's probably nearing its end.
Now I ask you: do you really think we can hold this shitstorm together long enough to colonize mars even?

Doubtful
>>
File: JOJOpepe.png (81 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
JOJOpepe.png
81 KB, 750x1000
Humans will not go beyond solar system.

Screencap this.
>>
>>74332547

First step is leaving mommy and daddys house. Next, you will find something to live for. Good luck.
>>
>implying they would let your sorry ass on the sailing ships or caravans to explore the seas and frontiers
>impyling they would let your sorry ass on the starships to explore new worlds and new civilizations
>>
>>74333452

POO
>>
>>74333101
We could very feasibly accelerate ships to near light speed using plain ol' nuclear explosions to propel them. The tech is there, the funding or interest isn't. Plus, travel like that is basically suicide for the occupants given that they'll get to their destination in a decade or so, but back on Earth the sun would've swallowed us thanks to time dilation.
>>
>>74333541

Solar Sails
>>
File: 1436472773889.gif (410 KB, 1183x1578) Image search: [Google]
1436472773889.gif
410 KB, 1183x1578
>>74332547
>also realize you were born too early to take part in space travel
>he ACTUALLY thinks we're ever going to leave the earth!
>>
File: brave_new_world.png (2 MB, 1232x1283) Image search: [Google]
brave_new_world.png
2 MB, 1232x1283
Relax.
It's a pendulum.
When they go to far, it will swing the other way.
Right now, they're looking for a "Doctor Raymond Cocteau" type.
When they find them, shit will be fucked for a while, but then he'll overreach.
Then it will swing the other way, until the other side/faction overreaches.
And back and forth until shit settles.
>>
File: 1388896496598.gif (992 KB, 389x259) Image search: [Google]
1388896496598.gif
992 KB, 389x259
>>74333541
>Humanity
>Propelling through space by nuking the space behind ship
>First Contact
>The aliens see how we're getting around
>Laugh their asses off
>We're now intergalactic Sentinel Island
How embarassing
>>
>born too early to take part in space travel

Uh no, you weren't. The singularity happens in the next 30 years. We are rapidly approaching either the end of history or its true beginning. Either way, its an exciting time to be young.
>>
>>74333722
>you now realize that's Obama third from the left.
>>
>>74333452
Indiana will be the first people to create a
Designated
Shitting
Crater
On the moons colony
>>
>>74333871
Hows that kush boi
>>
>>74333896
Indians**
>>
>>74333866
>mmm. mu.. muh singularity
>>
>>74332547
too early for space exploration just in time to fuck off
>>
>>74332547
>how do you cope though?
I'll play NMS and explore that universe/galaxies. Same idea but more cartoony I guess. So escapism.
also, we'll probably never achieve type 2/3 civilization or any space travel anon. We'll all die out long before most likely.
>>
>>74334053
>singularity
>a meme
God you're going to regret ever doubting it.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.