[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else notice how hard it is now to get a decent thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: 1330903258410.jpg (45 KB, 227x262) Image search: [Google]
1330903258410.jpg
45 KB, 227x262
Anyone else notice how hard it is now to get a decent thread started here now?

Im not even a Nazi but /pol/ without a frontpage Nazi thread or holocaust denial thread doesn't bode well for scaring off the normies or red pilling them in any way

General threads are and have always been a blight on 4chan culture. Over simplification is what killed /sp/ back in 2011
>>
File: 1329588742034.jpg (31 KB, 184x250) Image search: [Google]
1329588742034.jpg
31 KB, 184x250
nobody else?
>>
>>74300040
>General threads are and have always been a blight on 4chan culture. Over simplification is what killed /sp/ back in 2011
everyone says this
no one ever says a better alternative

generals exist because there are topics so popular, either there is a single thread up 24/7 (obviously it's not the same thread, once one dies another is immediately made) or there are like 5 threads up for the same topic.
it's better there is a Syria general then having 3 threads pop up every time anything happens in Syria or anything related to Syria pops up in the news.
Same with trump, even though Trump is too popular to be contained in a general for the most part.

generals suck, but the state of the board without them would be much worse.
also, meta threads are trash kill yourself
>>
>>74300826
Id rather have 5 threads about the same topic and have them all fight for my attention

generals attract the worst kind of 4chan posters

chaos is golden
>>
>>74301233
>complain about generals, a pathetically small amount of threads in total, taking up too much space on the board
>would be happy if those generals were split into 2-5 threads each
yea generals suck just flood the board with the same couple topics so I can see which one holds my ADD riddled mind's attention better

generals are the best way to handle the problem. don't like them? hide and don't post them.
4chan, in general, attracts the worst types of posters anyway.
>>
File: 1330556060323.jpg (47 KB, 266x255) Image search: [Google]
1330556060323.jpg
47 KB, 266x255
posting high quality korn
>>
It's an election year in the US and this is an American website and people are being paid to post here. It's also the third most-trafficked board on 4chan, and when a happening happens to happen, it skyrockets to the first-most trafficked board.
>>
>>74301705
we existed fine before the generals does everyone forget this?

maybe we don't need 3000 trump threads a day when he's already won and on his way to god emperor status

4chan posters are the best kind of people though even if we are all scum
>>
>>74300040
I don't know about that OP, but I do know when ever I make a well thought out post here I get zero replies. I can then make a bait thread with something as simple as "hurr trump sucks" and the thread gets hundreds of replies.

I really, really hate all of you who browse here. I think you are all pathetic retards yet I can't keep myself from coming back here
>>
>>74301926
this exactly

and if you actually want good discussion you have to create a general thread which brings in the general tripfag subhumans thereby destroying your thread
>>
>>74301896
>we existed fine before the generals does everyone forget this?
we did not.
there were usually multiple threads up for similar topics, mods/jannies would come in and clean up. this is how things went til generals become a known meme.

generals are the best thing we can do right now.
saying it sucks means fuck all unless you end your sentence with a method of operation that is better than using generals.
>>
>>74302230
>mods would come clean up and do their jobs

sounds good to me

generals destroy the board and should be eliminated.

all they do is create cliques to congregate in and prevent the rest of the board from interacting with one another

/pol/ should be one big dog pile, not 8 separate dog piles. the job of the janitor is to control the dog pile
>>
File: 1346892868454.jpg (62 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1346892868454.jpg
62 KB, 250x250
>>
>>74302470
mods/jannies are still doing there job, now without the added weight of constantly having to delete extra threads.

you have yet to actually offer a better idea than generals. just post shitty opinions and images like a 14 year old.
you are what is wrong with /pol/. meta posting, posting images for no reason other than iz funny xD, bitching without offering a resolution, and being a massive faggot.
>>
File: 1327724442778.jpg (114 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
1327724442778.jpg
114 KB, 500x700
>>74302882
>defending the mods

all i am suggesting is that we get rid of generals and have the mods spend all their miserable lives pruning redundant threads or just letting them die on the vine

apparently you don't like this suggestion

and for complaining so much about me and this meta thread you are the only one replying to me thereby giving me the power to post more forced memes while i eat dinner
>>
>>74303184
>apparently you don't like this suggestion
because it's a shitty suggestion
generals work well at containing thread overflow. simply allowing it to overflow, allowing the board(s) to turn to shit, and forcing mods/jannies to waste time purging duplicate thread after duplicate thread is a horrible idea.

>the boat is flooding, this cork seems to stop it
>dude fuck corks they're lame as shit, just like let the boat flood and it'll just flow out the top and it'll be cool
this is you idea. you are dumb. you don't know what you are talking about. stop posting.
>>
>>74303425
I would rather have chaos and run down mods then the same 5-6 generals each day rehashing the same BS day in and day out

/pol/ isn't even interesting anymore

generals breed laziness and degrade posting quality
>>
You're still here and not shitposting after pol harbour. This place has been dead for a long time, all it is now is a place for the fed to monitor young makes who may go postal.
>>
>>74304241
Males
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.