[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this the mentality men have in today's world? Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 26
File: job.jpg (24 KB, 216x395) Image search: [Google]
job.jpg
24 KB, 216x395
Why is this the mentality men have in today's world?

Is it more important to be employed, rather than finding a career you enjoy?
>>
Finding a career you enjoy can be hard
>>
>>74299835
That's not the mentality most people have.
>>
>>74299835

Surely it's "inconsistent with those beliefs" if you stop looking for something you value over factory shift work. This makes zero sense, and it sounds like another Laboeuf JUST DO IT may-may.
>>
>>74299835
This guy walks the line between Man and Cuck on this issue. On one hand you shouldn't take shit from nobody, should work towards what you want, and shouldn't put up with bullshit just to have 'a job'.

On the other hand, he's right that just getting out there, getting a job, making money and contributing to society instead of being a parasite is an admirable goal in itself.
>>
>>74299835
I like eating more than thinking about clocking out at 5 every friday.
>>
>>74299835
Some people *do* value almost any employment over engaging in the things that might only possibly lead to working in a career they might enjoy more.

Most people don't know what they'd actually enjoy to begin with.
>>
Normal men realize you gotta earn a living or you will be out on your ass in the street.
>>
>>74300181
>On one hand you shouldn't take shit from nobody
What does that mean?
>>
File: kuvWv.jpg (233 KB, 1055x617) Image search: [Google]
kuvWv.jpg
233 KB, 1055x617
>>74299835

>sounds kind of like this, to me.
>>
>>74299835
men don't have that mentality
theyre universally lazy
>>
>>74299835
Just because you enjoy something doesn't mean it will pay the bills
>>
>>74300832
we aren't a slave caste society that views people as disposable insects like china
>>
>>74299835
Yes goy, get the first dead end job you see, work long hours, keep to a shit job that pays nothing and will get outsourced in the next decade.
>>
>>74301242
What does that have to do with "taking shit"?
You "take shit" from the IRS every paycheck.
>>
>>74301242
>>74301505
Correction - you're a leaf. CRA I think.
>>
>>74301487
What's the alternative though?

Sleeping on the streets?
>>
well someone have to do the job no one wants to do
>>
>>74301589

Emigrate, you sappy fuck. Jobs in the UK are bullshit.
>>
>>74301505
It means that if you get a job doing labor and your boss expects you to break safety regulations to save time you walk on the job

I did that once when I was in a machine shop, I wasn't going to use industrial chemicals without a new filter for my mask.
>>
Most people in the world don't have that mentality. White people didn't until the 40's. Basically, because the Baby Boomers have a fucking huge pension and own 80% of the property in the West, they don't give a single fuck about family because they don't need them. So they kick their children out at 18 and sell all their property so they can go on meaningless cruises leaving nothing for the kids. This has just carried on and on. Now, its unthinkable for a kid to expect their parents to save up for college for them. Meanwhile, the Muslims and Chinese are taking over and doing better in school because their parents actually give a fuck.
>>
>>74301589
You can live with relatives and do their housework. Most people don't think that's a bad arrangement, unless you're an intolerable cunt to live with.
>>
>>74301721
And do what? A bullshit job in a different country?
>>
work is the only thing I can do that validates my existence as a human
>>
>>74301729
You can walk on jobs in China too.
Not many places in the world are people physically threatened to work for someone else.
>>
>>74300852

>a tripfag
>and a brit

you trans too? i'm looking for a hat trick here.
>>
File: fountainhead-4261.jpg (23 KB, 356x426) Image search: [Google]
fountainhead-4261.jpg
23 KB, 356x426
>>74299835
The mentality of men is to produce. The romantic ideal of having a perfect career you love is a fairy tale, it's not going to happen. On the other hand, making money any way you can, the more honestly the better, is going to give you the capital you need to enrich your life beyond day to day time wasting, degenerate, consumption based pleasures that don't amount to shit in the long run.

His point is, being a man, you're expected to produce and you will only be happy when you're producing. As you produce and save and improve your lot in life, you open doors and options you didn't have when you were holding out for that fantasy career you wanted to believe existed.

I've worked my entire life. I'm 36 now, started working, making change at a video game arcade at age 14. I joined the Army when I turned 18 and used that experience to land myself a job doing building maintenance. Since then I've expanded my skills and am now a maintenance director for the building I work at. You know what my "dream job" was when I was a kid? ...a video game designer. Do I still dream of doing that? Sure. But obviously if I'm not doing it now, it wasn't a dream I wanted bad enough to go make real.

These days, I own my house mortgage free, have no debt, and have a variety of hobbies and toys I've earned through honest, fairly easy, work. Maybe I'll make that video game I dream of someday, but until then, at least I'm building a life and finding happiness.

Maybe if you hold out you will get that dream career, maybe you won't, the key is that working at a random job for a fair wage isn't going to kill you while you continue to pursue your dream career.
>>
>get TEFL degree
>teach english to chinkshits and poopeople
>earn dosh + free travel + fuck the natives

redpill as you go and liberate the cucked east
>>
>>74301780

depends what qualifications you have. go teach in thailand or vietnam or something? work 18 hours a week, party every day. You won't save money, but...fuck it. You're not gonna do that in the UK either, and at least you'll have teaching experience.

>>74301908

FOR YOU
>>
>>74299835
>surely chasing dreams and pleasure will make me happy
~every miserable person ever
>>
>>74301924
>His point is, being a man, you're expected to produce and you will only be happy when you're producing
You think fulfilling other people's expectations will make you happy? That's pretty fucking retarded senpai.
>>
>>74301884
In china you either work or starve in a lot of places, don't kid yourself otherwise.

>Not many places in the world are people physically threatened to work for someone else

That isn't the point you faggot, the point is you don't put yourself at expense for work to the extent it could cost you your life.
>>
>>74300773
Normal white men, niggers and spics get handouts because more melanin.
>>
>>74301947
>>74301984
who wants to fucking live in Vietnam or Thailand lol
>>
>>74299835
i used to like his tv show. now he just seems like a corporate shill trying to sell the slave mentality to the masses. sure you have to be realistic but you still have to look out for number one. the goal of any employer is to get as much work out of you for as little money as possible. don't be a chump!
>>
>>74299835
>a TV host saying you shouldn't spend a long time building a career doing something you like
So I guess he just showed up at a local coal mine one day and worked his way up to hosting a show on Discovery Channel from there.
>>
>>74299835

Good goy the thread.
>>
>>74301947

my nigga here gets it. last job I had in Beijing paid me 2 grand a month, and I didn't have to pay rent, or food or travel at all.

Just walking around money. I saved more than some people in the UK make.
>>
>>74302074
Sure you do. Every single thing you do involves risk of death. Getting in your car, walking across the street, getting in an elevator - all of it. You could die at any moment for any reason.
>>
>>74299835
>Is it more important to make payments on the bills and keep a wife happy rather than finding a career you enjoy?

Fuck you Hippie.
>>
>>74302092

>implying you have to stay there for more than a few months
>implying it's not a thinly veiled cover for sex tourism paid for by the EU

Use the cucks own power against them my friend. It is the only way.
>>
>>74302201
Spraying corrosive gas on rusty metal without changing your mask filter to say five minutes can be avoided though, can't it?

What point are you even trying to make?
>>
>>74302170
Noice
>>
>>74302029
It's not about fulfilling others expectations, my point is that society expects you to produce and will not coddle you, as a man, in the same way it coddles it's women. Basically, you're going to sink or swim on your own efforts, no-one except maybe your mother will wipe your tears when you fail.

As for happiness, producing is a source of happiness. It is an end to itself. Don't do it for society, just know that society expects you to take care of yourself, and then do it for yourself because fuck society, they won't help you anyway.
>>
>>74299835

>Is it more important to make your bills and keep the lady happy, rather than finding a career you enjoy?

Yes.
>>
>>74299835
If you do something for a living, then you're not supposed to enjoy it. Work=Career, and there is no such thing as a "perfect" career.
>>
>>74299835
Because fundementally you should get through the day with money in your pocket and food on the table; you can go to night school and decide then where you want to go.

But no one in their right mind would employ a 20 something, living with his mum with no history of work.
>>
>>74302302
You can avoid death by car wreck by not getting in a car too. The obvious point being you're making a non-point in trying to say "it's different for them cuz they don't have a choice" when they DO have a choice - their choices are just shittier by your assessment.
>>
>>74300852
t. literally the farthest away from feminism one could possibly be
>>
>>74302401
Nobody cares?
>producing is a source of happiness
So that's why everyone loves working right?
>>
>>74302447
This. Work is fundamentally something you are programmed to hate. Even if your hobby becomes your work, you're still gonna hate it because it restricts your lifestyle.
>>
Got the first job I could as a labourer and moved on to being a heavy plant operator. Would not recommend/10. Left and got into what I had a passion for.

Get a fucking degree and do what you love, provided it ain't a stupid fucking thing like art, music, womyns studies or any other shite like that
>>
>>74301924
Only good post in this thread everony show disagrees is shit.
>>
>>74302522
Oh I'm making a non point?

If you grew up in a Chinese slum your work options are extremely narrow, you could work in any number of plants around you but all of them have people dropping dead from safety violations daily.
You could work say, at a local store but the robbery rates are also extremely high.

Assuming you are a white western man, you have a wide array of options, and I'm not even pulling leftist shit.
I've worked in various restaurants, fast food places, landscaping, and machine/workshops.

In china you could choose not to work in these bad palces if you were poor, but then what exactly are your options?

Saying "oh you might die in a car crash or get hit by lighting" is a fucking moot point if I've ever heard one, you could stop breathing and die so why don't you faggot?
>>
>>74299835
This is the mentality men USED to have in this world. Your view on it is what is flawed
>>
File: scrambledeggsWWII.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
scrambledeggsWWII.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>74299835
Because I wasn't raised with any values or information.

I learned everything from video games, public school systems, young adult novels, and the internet.

I'm getting to the point where I'm just going to sign up for the military and perhaps get lucky enough to die saving some cuck's life on the battlefield.

>mfw all the video games I played set me up to fight like a good goy in the military
>>
>>74302631
Im curious, what do you do for a living?
>>
>>74302631
Stay a neet then. I don't really care.

You want a nice story? This is 100% true BTW. My job is facility maintenance for healthcare. I met a guy just last month. He's 42. He's a neet. He still lives in his moms basement. He plays vidya games, and probably posts on boards like this one. This guy has had 2 heart attacks, a stroke, and a bypass surgery.

I talked with him for a while, because despite being a working man, I enjoy stuff like video games still. We talked a little about GoT, 40K, and some video games. I realized quickly that he was terribly depressed and unhappy with his life. He cried a little when he talked about how he is probably bed ridden now. I felt bad for him, but he chose his life.
>>
>>74302121
This guy gets it
>>
File: 9NoOaSW.jpg (163 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
9NoOaSW.jpg
163 KB, 768x1024
>>74302900
This is why you fucks don't pay debts. You can learn to enjoy aspects of work, whatever it might be. But I always forget that this board is full of lazy fat fucks who don't understand hard work if it's not grinding in some rpg.
>>
File: 1436413266392-0.jpg (170 KB, 800x1110) Image search: [Google]
1436413266392-0.jpg
170 KB, 800x1110
>>74299835
Actually, that's not the viewpoint that many men in the West have. They have what you think they have, a desire for fantasy land (the perfect job). Now while that is possible for the special few, most guys need to man up and just get a job and become self-sufficient.
>>
>>74300181

He didn't say it was admirable goal. He didn't say anything about society. And most jobs are useless or make society worse off than the previous year.
>>
>>74299835
Only if you have a family to take care of. If you're a single man with no kids, go do whatever you love but if you're struggling to take care of your family, you better get off your ass and not allow the government to sustain you.
>>
>>74301924

>the mentality of men is to produce

No, that's the mentality of a cuck. The mentality of men is to create and invent.
>>
>>74299835
>work a shit job goy
>come in early and stay late to make lots of extra sheckles for you boss
>don't worry about being happy goy just work
>don't do what you like do what is best for Isreal
T. Judism incarnate
>>
>>74301924
I'm 25 at have just hit the point where I've started to realize this. You can't really explain this to someone who hasn't "clicked" yet.

But yeah, my life feels a lot better when I am busting my ass for at least a part of the day. It also makes relaxing in the evenings more rewarding, since it feels like I've "earned" it.

I've talked with a bunch of old guys about this, and they all say the felt compelled to work, even after retiring. You just feel like a bum without it. On weekends, if I have nothing to do for a chunk of the day, I'll do something like clean my apartment just to stay busy.

And I think even men who are lazy as fuck still understand this on some level. If they're not working, or studying their ass off, or doing anything productive, they'll start to obsess about their recreational activities and how rigorous and productive they are. They'll start to fuss about avoiding things that "rot your brain", like the Simpsons, and will fetishize their own forms of leisure, watching things like documentaries and other "serious" shows. It's like the work drive will find some way to manifest itself, even if your not working.
>>
File: 1436976049297.gif (47 KB, 306x469) Image search: [Google]
1436976049297.gif
47 KB, 306x469
how do you work a wagecuck job and not kill yourself

serious replies only please
>>
>>74305690
Literally impossible
>>
>>74303102
>life in other places sucks
>therefore
Therefore......?
>>
>>74305690
i did it today, fucking sucked family. i miss NEET life every second i work.
>>
>>74299835
because there are no jobs left. all thats left is working at ghetto check cashing places and gas stations. AKA, places you have a 50/50 chance of not coming home alive after your shift.

>GET A JOB LOSER!
need experience to get the job
>GO GET EXPERIENCE THEN!
All the jobs that give experience need experience to get.
>STOP IT WITH ALL THESE EXCUSES! YOURE JUST LAZY!
I've applied for my career path for over a year and studied for over 4 years to get a degree in said career.
>YOU CHOSE A POINTLESS CAREER YOU FAGGOT

Welp. Guess im fucked. Might as well get a job that is soul sucking and hope some nigger puts some lead through my head to get me out of this hell hole of a world. All this and I'm in a FIRST world country. Imagine what indians have to go through, other than the 10 miles of poo on the road to even apply for jobs that pay 10cents per hour.
>>
File: bear pit.png (392 KB, 501x384) Image search: [Google]
bear pit.png
392 KB, 501x384
>>74299835
Why is Mike Rowe so based?
>>
>>74299835

Finding a career you enjoy.

My father worked a job he hated for all his life and he's just, blank, monotone. Almost all the time.

No thanks.
>>
>>74305817
>>74306144
Welp. I look forward to the daily commute crammed like sardines, being pushed around by a grouchy old bitch for 8 hours, then repeating the sardine trip back to my palace where I can pretend I'm still a neet.
>>
>>74299835
Go rural, find your niche to live off of, have a family of your own, raise yoir children

Life has become one big ponzi scheme after another, anon needs to distance himself from those and focus on his family and local community, working the land also does wonders
>>
You're all fucking pathetic and/or reading into this too much. He's talking about millennial faggots who refuse to work anything other than fast food jobs or stay at home with their parents because they can't find the job they like.
He's literally saying stop fucking around and get a job. That's it. Stop worrying about finding a job that'll make you happy, and just find fucking work in the meantime.

I don't know why this thread has so many replies, it's fucking embarrassing.
>>
>>74303509
Nice story. Here's mine. My grandfather worked his whole life in factory and died shortly after reaching retirement. We barely had enough money to burry him. My second greandfather worked his whole life on his farm and drinked to forget how miserable he was. When he died he left only debts. My father for his whole life was a lazy bum and he is still living better than i do working my ass off. Life isn't fair.
>>
>>74304431
>And most jobs are useless or make society worse off than the previous year.
Give me an example. If a job was useless, i.e. produced no economic value, then it would not exist.
>>
>>74299835
Truly the goodest goy.
>>
File: A-10_Thunderbolt_II_Gun_Run.jpg (2 MB, 3008x1960) Image search: [Google]
A-10_Thunderbolt_II_Gun_Run.jpg
2 MB, 3008x1960
>>74301924
Maybe for you. I get to fly planes and kill hajis. Love my job
>>
>>74307173
Because this whole thread is a Jewish experiment to give a kick up the ass to anyone who doesn't have a job but is lurking this thread.

You think we're reading into it too much? You're not reading into it enough.
>>
>>74299835
Any work experience at all is better than being none, plus if you do get a job you like you have people that can say you're a damn good worker.
>>
>>74299835
Considering how many of us are unemployed, any employment is better than none.
>>
Because if you tell your kids that they should only work jobs that they enjoy, then they become entitled little degenerate shits who major in dance therapy and want a 6 figure job right out of college.
>>
>>74299835
“You’re talking about the American dream. You find something that you love and then you twist and you torture it, try to find a way to make money at it. You spend a lifetime doing that and at the end you can’t find a trace of what you started out loving.”
>>
I don't like the guy but technically that quote is correct.
>>
File: 1458954179777.png (133 KB, 827x289) Image search: [Google]
1458954179777.png
133 KB, 827x289
>>74301947
>>
>>74299835
I own a small thrift store in Colorado. Ask me anything.
>>
>>74308116
Is it profitable?
>>
>>74307428
Do you call your plane "Bert" by any chance?
>>
>>74308421
It pays the bill if thats what you are asking. People just want to get rid of shit and I oblige by them donating stuff and reselling it. It profits well.
>>
>>74299835
How do you know you enjoy your "career" if you haven't done it yet?

Sorry Charlie bit not everyone is entitled to making stacks doing exactly what they want, and work isn't supposed to be fun.
>>
File: ditto.png (164 KB, 245x342) Image search: [Google]
ditto.png
164 KB, 245x342
>>74303844
Ditto.jpg
>>
File: ccsu_oneal_elephant_15.jpg (139 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ccsu_oneal_elephant_15.jpg
139 KB, 1920x1080
>>74307481
Yes, because DA JOOS would much rather have independent taxpayers than NEETs who are dependent on the government teat. I mean, you have so much less control over someone who has to directly do whatever you say to get their welfare check.
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 576x244) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 576x244
>>74299835
>>74300181
>>74300773

I never knew this guy was this big an idiot. He's basically telling people to settle and that a career can't equal happiness.
>>
>>74299835

Nothing Mike Rowe said was incorrect.

He is trying to motivate you because he knows things are shit. He is absolutely correct.
>>
>>74299835

Because this worked in the 60s, when you could buy a house with 2 years clerk's salary. This worked in the 80s, when franchises were popping up everywhere and people with a bachelors degree were in high demand.

Then however. The effects of trickle-down Reaganomics took effect together with baby boomer population explosion and a total sell out of US education.

The simple truth is that there are too many people with similar qualifications and due to even women flooding the work force, the employers dictate the terms of employment, thanks to syndicates and unions being considered "socialist".

Welcome to the post 9/11 world, where niggers are to blame for all the problems in the US.
>>
>>74299835
If people only worked careers they legitimately enjoyed then we would be deficient in objectively undesirable jobs like trash collecting or being a tax attorney. We incentivize undesirable positions by offering more money in hopes that the wage compensates for the undesirability.

If people just did what they wanted to do, nobody would do anything.
>>
File: checkem.png (1 MB, 1354x893) Image search: [Google]
checkem.png
1 MB, 1354x893
I have worked like 2 years of my life and I am 28.

I dont give a shit who I am leeching off, I have no love for anyone but myself and my partner. We were both on benefits until my SO got a once in a lifetime job opportunity out of nowhere for a comfortable 2.4k/month.

Since we both agreed beforehand if one of us got a job the other was not obligated to I get to play video games / exercise all day, live in a pretty decent house (which half of gets paid for) and since we are gay (tried to avoid bringing genders in to this, but it became relevant) we will never have kids so our lives are being lived solely for us.

I actually feel so fucking lucky too, I bring in more than my miserable friends selling a few paintings and collecting benefits, I do not have to put up with annoying as shit females and my best friend is also my lover. Seriously guys going gay is the ultimate red pill, if I was straight my quality of life would be 100% worse, probably would be on /r9k/ or some shit.
>>
File: 200px-HappyMerchant.gif (15 KB, 200x225) Image search: [Google]
200px-HappyMerchant.gif
15 KB, 200x225
>>74299835
>be from an affluent family
>end up as reality tv star doing "bad" jobs for a few hours
>try to pass off as a hard working blue collar
>tell goy to work shitty jobs at their hardest for shit pay and be happy about it

Guess what ethnicity he is?
>>
>>74300852
There is literally nothing wrong with this. This was the sort of empowerment women had prior to the sexual revolution. After the sexual revolution, sex became the highest commodity, because there was no taboo on its exchange and it is something that appeals to biology rather than abstract notions of civilization. When sex is the highest commodity, women hold nothing of value relative to other women, unless they make good deals with the distribution of sex. The sexual revolution destroyed much more than people's views on sex itself, but the whole relationship between men and women.

>>74299835
There isn't much wrong with what he said, either. Keep in mind, he is saying this to a generation that believes that a piece of paper alone will get them into their "dream career", and when they don't find a streamlined path into that field, they give up. He is speaking to that generation, that has all the school education in the world, but has no work education.
Basically, what he is saying is to get a work education. People believe so much in the advertising of school education, which revolves around finding your "dream career" and not enough on being useful. He is saying that through work education, you can learn that it is through working hard and being useful that you can find fulfillment.

Combining the two into bringing solid work ethic into something you are an expert at in theory will maximize this usefulness and, therefore, maximize your fulfillment and make you happy.
>>
File: 1463508814384.jpg (97 KB, 433x419) Image search: [Google]
1463508814384.jpg
97 KB, 433x419
>>74313726
>get a bunch of debt and a worthless degree
>trade jobs that pay well and don't require debt are jewish tricks
>you'll be a wage slave goyim
>mike rowe is a kike
t. shecklebergblatstien
>>
>>74313672
That won't last long. nothing makes someone angrier than working all fucking day for their degenerate sig other to have been playing video games all day.

Watch, you miss doing the dishes once and your whole world is going nuclear
>>
>>74299835

wagecucks need anything at all to try to feel better about their lives
>>
>>74314116
>working a trade job means you have to undersell yourself and be a literal slave
>mike rowe isn't a kike
>>
Mike Rowe fucking gets it. He understands what it takes to make it and have security in employment.

People who disagree are entitled fuckers. Communists that expect shit to be handed to them without working hard.
>>
File: costco5.jpg (638 KB, 922x2040) Image search: [Google]
costco5.jpg
638 KB, 922x2040
>>74301780
>be brit
>be working pic related
pro tip: Costco exists in the UK too.
>>
>>74314136
You are underestimating how hot I am.

And as he actually pointed out to me, I am making more than some of our friends who work.
>>
File: apparently.jpg (30 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
apparently.jpg
30 KB, 500x500
>>74313672
I've read some retarded shit on this board but you're close to be a winner of retard of the millennium.

Enjoy being discarded by the end of the summer
>>
>>74315167
Not going to happen! I can say without a shadow of a doubt that I am in the happiest relationship that I have ever seen.

also I have inherited a 3 bedroom house / field in the country when my granny dies. I am her sole carer in the family as I live pretty close and my schedule is wide open.

I am not moving in until she dies however, and of course I am letting her stay there until then.

I know all this sounds like convenient lies, and I sound like an asshole but I am in this position because I am nice.

So yeah, even if I get dumped (I wont) all I need to do is move in with my gran. Either way, I am sorted for life.
>>
>>74299835
>rather than finding a career you enjoy

don't tell me, you also believe that romantic love is a solid foundation for marriage.
>>
>>74299835
Studies have shown that you don't ever just HAVE a passion.

First do something that provides good rewards to you, and then you become conditioned to have fun doing that thing. Then you get rewarded for doing what you like. This continuous cycle is called "passion" or "doing what you love"

So yes, he's right.
>>
>>74305690
you're not unhappy because of your shit job friendo. and the thing is.. nobody likes work. We all do it because we have to, and whatever shit job you have is 100000000% better than being a fucking hunter/gatherer and worrying about survival every. single. day.

There is no dream job. You think people love their jobs? anywhere? Even fucking professional gamers have to take it seriously and practice with intense effort for hours and hours, it's not leisure. its work. if its work, its not fun, its necessary.

by the way, the more miserable you are, the worse everything else is. again, you're not unhappy because you don't like your job. sort yourself out man
>>
>>74299835

If Boomers weren't the bosses there would be no problems with this.
>>
>>74299835
If Mike really did say that, that dude is smarter than I thought
>>
>trying to justify being on the dole

fuck off and get a job, contribute to something rather than letting people who work pay your way.
>>
>>74305690
and remember, your boss most likely is there before you and leaves after you. the higher the position the more work there is. so if you think you have it bad at the bottom, man, just imagine having an extra 10 hours of work every week, or an extra 20. How many hours a week do you think the person who owns the company and has to worry about it 24/7 works? A LOT. You only work your 40, then you fuck off and don't worry about it for a little bit. and you're unhappy? jesus christ, put some effort into your life LOL
>>
>>74299835
Happiness does not come from a job - that
is true. But a job that you're bored at, pissed off at, scared at, dealing with assholes all day, etc., is a major drag.
>>
>>74317154

what is there to justify? I dont waste 8 hours of my life everyday doing something I hate and get 3k a month for pretending to be retarded
>>
File: 1454029838218.png (200 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1454029838218.png
200 KB, 2000x1333
>>74299835
>being happy spending 8-10 hours doing something you hate, then spending whats left of your free time too tired to do anything productive

These wagecuck shills crack me up
>>
>>74314136
Dishes hell, he will be taking that angry worked all day sweaty dick up his ass and won't even get the reach around.
Poor faggot, dicks are for chicks
>>
>>74317467

>higher the position the more work there is

only an americuck could still belive this in 2016
>>
>>74299916
u mom found a career where all the men be hard desu senpai
>>
>>74317531
>understanding that work is awful
>being okay with letting somebody else go through it so you can be a lazy loser
>thinking you're productive

wew lad
>>
>>74317531

How would you exist if it weren't for "wagecucks" supporting you?
>>
>>74300181
>>74299835

The two don't need to be mutually exclusive.

You can have a shit job and not be a parasite while still working toward and looking for your ideal career.
>>
>>74317514
If you're fine with being a leech on society, fine by me.
>>
>>74317531
actually i spend what's left of my free time too drunk to do anything productive so fuck yourself abbo cunt
>>
>>74299835
Happiness is for little girls.

Duty is for men.
>>
>be a slave to your corporate master while he goes on yacht cruises and parties it up with models
>don't hope for anything better, this is what you get

North American work culture is a fucking cancer
>>
>>74305690
Everyone is different, but when you're working towards and/or for something greater, I've learned you can take pride in anything.
Example, working to provide for a wife/family, working towards earning enough to continue education, etc.
>>
>>74317791

the only drain on society is wagecucks who keep perpetuating the system that is resposible for all their unhappiness and being grateful for it
>>
>>74317967
at 100 rads bar?
>>
>>74299835

Yes. It is more important to be employed, making money, and contributing in some way to society, than to be unemployed sitting on your ass waiting for that comfy job to come.

Most people don't get to have their dream job. A job is a job and no matter how enjoyable it is, the fun/happiness factor will wear off or dull down at the least over time. I thought I found my dream job a year ago after finally getting a promotion, and I fucking hate it now. I'm planning on quitting in a few months to start my own business.

Find happiness in the things that you truly value.
>>
>>74317708
If im not productive now, a shit job aint going to make me more productive. Just working towards someone elses gains.

They say people who own their own companies work the hardest, but you gotta remember they are working for themselves, every hour is fulfilling because its a means to the end of their growing success.

Being a replaceable wagecuck doing menial labor doesnt get you anywhere.
>>
>>74318204
This for sure.

I understand why you young lads think it's a suckers game. I used to think so too. But I got my "dream career" and it's meh.

Most things become routine, no matter how much you loved it.

"For everyone beautiful woman, there's a man who is sick of fucking her."
>>
>>74317467
>this is what ameridiots actually believe

I worked at a butcher's shop when I was younger. Store owner would come in for a few hours everyday to yell at his employees, and delegated everything else to his middle-managers. Then he would go off to his cottage or country home. Had cameras set up throughout the store so he could check on us from home, call in and yell at us if he checked and saw people not CONSTANTLY moving.

You're a fucking idiot.
>>
File: 1455302068287.jpg (501 KB, 3008x2000) Image search: [Google]
1455302068287.jpg
501 KB, 3008x2000
>>74311241

Are you dense? He's saying that people shouldn't expect to enjoy their job, which is true. The reason thousands of millennials have wasted their time and money on unnecessary college is because they mistakenly believe they can find a job that's just derivative of their interests or hobbies.

A good career is a component of general happiness, but if anybody expects to get a sense of general happiness and fulfillment out of what they're being paid to do, then they're fucking delusional.
>>
Sometimes you just gotta work. Work isn't always fun. This isn't a fucking T-Mobile commercial where everyone gets to be a break dancer or DJ. If you're lucky you will find a career that you love, but the odds are you are just gonna need to learn to love hard work in general. Cash flow is cash flow, and if you don't dick around looking for fantasy jobs you will probably end up making a lot more money in the long run.
>>
File: 1402329906140.gif (220 KB, 320x238) Image search: [Google]
1402329906140.gif
220 KB, 320x238
>>74302619
>leaf fell for the "feminism is about equality" meme
It's always been about making things easier for women at any cost for men.
>>
>>74318321
>im not productive now, a shit job aint going to make me more productive

it literally will by working and contributing to your society, retard.

>someone elses gains
dont be retarded, its mutual benefit or nobody would work

They do work the hardest, you think it is easier to start and maintain a company than cleaning the bathrooms?

>completely ignored the fact that you're okay with making somebody else do this thing you recognize as awful so you don't have to

who are you using? the publics tax dollars or your parents who would rather let you use them then see you on the streets?
>>
File: 1439503512591.png (203 KB, 495x495) Image search: [Google]
1439503512591.png
203 KB, 495x495
>>74299835
>hurr durr suck it up and work doing things you hate
>be a good goy don't ask questions

No, fuck you. You don't get to raise our generation with endless messages of 'be anything you want to be' and then pull the rug out from underneath us expecting that we'll be fine with it.

I'm only working as much as I need to survive.
>>
>>74318451
nice meme faggot

in the real world the higher up in the company you are, the more you fucking work and the more you have to worry about.

There is literally a fucking christmas story that is based on this concept. GO HOME RICH MAN, YOU HAVE A FAMILY! CEO's etc live to work, as people at the bottom work to live.
>>
>>74318787
>correct

What slightly annoys me is how most westerners think feminism IS about equality, even though how you described it is spot on.
>>
>>74320407

I agree with your sentiment, but that wasn't what he said.

He is saying that life sucks, life is hard and you need to haul ass if you want to get anything done. Instead of thinking you should be given things, go out and take those things and give them to yourself instead.
>>
>>74320820
>He is saying that life sucks, life is hard and you need to haul ass if you want to get anything done. Instead of thinking you should be given things, go out and take those things and give them to yourself instead.

Then I agree. Previous post activated my sperg rage towards boomer shills.

Life does suck, absolutely, but it's up to you to make it suck less by not falling for anyone's tricks.
>>
>>74299835
That's not the mentality that people have at all.
>>
>>74318451
One Canadian jizz worked at a butcher shop and that owner didn't stay long hours at that particular point in time.

Well fuck, I'm convinced.
>>
>>74320173
Society doesnt need my productivity as a worker drone, supply outmeets demand in that domain.

My true value of productivity will only come about doing something I love that brings a product or service superior than what already exists in the market.
>>
File: 7ac.jpg (12 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
7ac.jpg
12 KB, 260x194
>>74299835
Mike Rowe is fucking awesome.
>>
>>74299835
He is overwhelmingly correct.
>>
>>74299835
Who fucking cares lol, I live in Monaco, I can do whatever I want.
>>
>>74299835

This shit is terribly edited, and you forgot the whole part of the beginning. This is part of an answer to some lazy fuck who's been waiting for years for his perfect job, meanwhile living with his parents. The full answer talks about success, and how working is how you achieve it.

This advice of you all you Sanders lovers who want everything given to you: You work for a living!
>>
>>74299835
Neither.
Power is what is most important in this world today.
The power to destroy the kikes.
If someone does not acquire this power soon, all is for naught.
>>
>>74322947
>Society doesn't need my productivity as a worker drone, supply out-meets demand in that domain.

cool story bro, completely irrelevant to the point that was being made and talked about.

again, who are you using, your societies combined wealth or your parents? There are people whom are going through the rat race you understand as awful, and yet knowingly let them go through it and sit back benefiting from it, and pretend like it's valueless or something. All these people have no value unless they love it or create something new? are you retarded?
>>
>>74299835
Meh, I think having a strong work ethic is a good thing, but Puritan-descended Americans have taken it to the level of fetish, and it's been used against them for their own exploitation.

Yeah, you need to work hard and bust your ass to get things done, but that doesn't mean you have to call someone a pussy for wanting basic working conditions like sick leave or not having to do a turnaround every other day. It is equal parts responsible for the best parts of the US today and the worst.
>>
>>74305690
Mostly by being the positive, hard working, friendly guy. Your boss will love you, or if when I was at Mcdonalds once, my lowest job ever besides Cutco, your boss will be suspicious of why you don't suck as much as the rest of your coworkers,
>>
File: zion.jpg (295 KB, 1202x802) Image search: [Google]
zion.jpg
295 KB, 1202x802
>>74299835
that's right goy.
work for pennies till you drop dead.
forget career, benefits, vacation, healthcare, time to spend with your wife or time playing catch with your son, or planting a garden so you get fresh produce.
forget your life, filthy slave. now get back to work
>>
>>74324814
The only thing thats irrelevant is working some dead end job thinking you are propping up society.

Who says the people supporting me are in shitty jobs?
>>
>>74299835
Total crap. Been living off dealing stuff, parents support and friends assistance when in "hiding" until early twenties. Then did hairdressing course for 28 weeks for freaking 9,000£. At the age of 24 I make minimum 200$ a cut(those take like 15 min). Usually it's 350-400$. Work two, sometimes three days a week, make 3000$/week without even trying that much. Banged clients, participated in LFW, British, German, French, Russian cinema and theatre projects. All went better than expected. It's freakish important to enjoy what you do.
>>
>>74316161
Well glad you are happy, Britanon-wait. Britanon.
>sorted for life
>Britain
Oh you're sorted for life alright when the muslims knock on your door babbling something about gays. But seriously, I don't like that you sound so smug in a thread about people being confused about their futures and telling their woes, but just the same, be safe over there britanon. World's going crazy these days and your storybook life may or may not survive the storm so whatever you do, stay well and be careful in that strange land across the ocean.
>>
>>74299835
More importantly, who got the quints?
>>
>>74325030
you are a good american
>>
>>74318544

Dubs of truth
>>
>>74299835
Real men enjoy hard work. That's the way it is. If you didn't start young or you were a lazy little shit as a child and your parents didn't force you to work at least a little bit, it's probably already too late for you. Kind of like how the older you get, the harder it is to learn a new language. If you didn't make a go of it when you were young, I'm sorry to inform you, but you'll probably be a pussy your entire life.

Even worse, if you actually were so naive your whole life that you believed you could be whatever you want when you grow up, I pity you. You are probably eternally stuck in perpetual adolescence. That's why most kids these days end up going to universities anyway, it lets them pretend at some subconscious level that they never have to grow up.
>>
>>74325732
>The only thing thats irrelevant is working some dead end job thinking you are propping up society

some non statement to throw off the actual discussion again. why are you avoiding bro

>society would be the same even if nobody worked, it holds itself up
okay retard

>who says the people sukpporting me are in shitty jobs?
job type and pay is irrelevant to the core issue, try try.

every job is shitty, it's work, not fun, not play, its work.

you're a user, who benefits from somebody working, who benefits from society working together, and then tries to act like it has no value, or you're entitled to a slice. loser. retard. I bet you want to KYS, you should.
>>
>>74326905
You've drunk too much of the wagecuck coolaid.
Use your misery to find something better instead of trying to justify the daily grind.
>>
Mike Rowe was a failed opera singer and QVC host. He bounced around until he found something he liked.

His old QVC clips are hilarious. He blatant disdain for the job was amusing.
>>
>had job
>was in third year of 3 year uni degree
>had to drop out of both because health reasons
>now a benefit leech

Where and how the fuck do I even get back on the wagon
>>
>>74327314
not an argument.
>>
>>74305690
I just can't deal with being someone's bitch, makes me extremely angry when I work in a place that treats you like a slave. A friendly or even neutral boss is fine, but I still plan on starting my own business in the future.
>>
>>74299835
Uber goy, the ultimate wage cuck
>>
>>74327612
That seems to be your response to everything.
Must be working some kind of rote position where anything off script doesnt compute.
>>
>finding a career you enjoy

If people enjoyed a job, no one would pay anyone to do it.

To say that you enjoy a job or career is a misuse of the word "enjoy." You might TOLERATE a job. You might enjoy the pay that comes from it. But no one really enjoys the job itself, with the possible exception of professional athletes or entertainers. The rest is just media brainwashing.

If you wouldn't do it for free, you're not enjoying it. You're tolerating it because it allows you to do other things that you actually do enjoy.
>>
>>74302165
this made me laugh really hard, can someone shoop a happy merchant in the background of OP's picture.
>>
>>74303102
People in other places also dont have access to the quality, quantity or choices of food that we do, but I'm sure you don't force yourself to eat rice and beans everyday out of solidarity, faggot.
>>
>>74307328

HR.

Come back when you actually have to work for a living.
>>
File: 1427767976836.gif (1 MB, 460x259) Image search: [Google]
1427767976836.gif
1 MB, 460x259
>>74299835
jobs are like relationships

your gonna get tired/bored of it eventually and most just stick with em since they already have it

the sooner you learn this the better off you'll be

gotta learn to live within your means and be happy with the shit you got.
>>
>>74301924

So in other words you worked a bunch of jobs and all you have to show for it is a mortgage free house and you call that an accomplishment. You worked to merely exist. Bravo. You are every man's hero.
>>
>>74299835
If you're going to get a min wage job at least get one you like. Figure out your core values and find a way to live based on those in as high a capacity as possible.

Getting a wageslave job is the most disgusting thing you can do with yourself. I do actually believe it's worse than being unemployed. The only way being unemployed would be worse is if: A) You were neglecting the financial needs of your family or B) You were on welfare.

Otherwise just take 6 months and look for a job tat maters to you. Build your hobbies, skills, relationships, read books, take courses, travel a bit, try starting your own business or creative pursuit, get in shape. Take the extra time to be wesome. Or just play video games, it doesn't really matter. Almost anything you do barring most felonies is better than getting a wageslave job because "op, well nobody likes work, might as well go get a job then."

If you were born lucky enough, or have already earned the ability to truly enjoy your life or start walking down a path that will lead you to do something you love - then do it. Anything lse is degenerate. Only a cuck would react to the immensity of free time that is unemployment and prefer to be told what to do by a zit-faced 21 year old Domino's Manager. FUcking don't be a coward and take the 6 months or however long you can responsibly try to take off and better yourself while looking for a great career.
It'll force introspection, force you to gain perspective, to evaluate your life and emotions, and to be more interesting to prevent your own boredom and to find things to talk about that aren't work.

Do it. Be unemployed, just don't be a leech or let your kids starve. And then if you can't find a good job after that then accept defeat and start saving up to try it again.
>>
>>74317467
Whatever happened to "work smarter not harder". Staying late just so you can leave after your boss is retarded.
>>
>>74329748
>mortgage free house
That's actually kind of an accomplishment, yes. I don't know anyone who hasn't built their own house or makes somewhere in the millions that can say that and even then I know a few who are morons and one had to sell his house because a fucking mansion was way more than he could afford even with his dosh.
>>
>>74329905
why don't you just work the 30 hours a week at mcdonalds and spend the other 60 hours of free time being a free spirit? why does being an unemployed loser have to take up all your time?
>>
what if your job makes you want to kill yourself every night
>>
>>74299835
I'd die before I'd do what the guy in the image says. Fuck him and fuck his coal mining ass.
>>
>>74331548
Then you're on the right track. Remember to use the money you earn to buy more things to fill the void goyim.
>>
File: 1377502146785.png (117 KB, 448x539) Image search: [Google]
1377502146785.png
117 KB, 448x539
>good guy
>go look for a job from mr. shekelstein!
>go make him rich while he laughs at you!
Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.