[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should Texas secede? Keep in mind the United States only keeps
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5
File: texas_simple.gif (272 KB, 1412x1062) Image search: [Google]
texas_simple.gif
272 KB, 1412x1062
Should Texas secede? Keep in mind the United States only keeps Texas around:

1. as a buffer from Mexico
2. so we have somewhere to put criminals
>>
>>74290394

3. Its got a big ol' economy, right?

I'd be all for it, and I'd hope they would let us Oklahomans come, too
>>
>>74290394
texas is based as fuck and when he build the wall it will be even more of a white paradise
>>
>>74290593

Don't kid yourself. If you honestly want to live in an all white society, Texas is not the place for you. Even if all illegals disappeared overnight, I would expect whites to still be only 70-80% of the population. Plenty of brown Americans down there.
>>
>>74290509
So you want to survive solely off of Oklahoma's economy? Are you sure this is what you want? Texas would have its hands full as it is.
>>
>>74291453
No we would add it to Texas'
It not like its a sucking vacuum or anything.
Plus, I'd rather have Texas' leadership than Oklahoma's
Keep in mind we are speaking of things that quite literally could never happen
>>
>>74290394
Yeah nevermind the fact that Texas is an economic powerhouse.
>>
>>74290394

Yes, Texas would be much better off seceding.
>>
>>74291676
I doubt Texas would want you. You'd be more of a burden.
>>
>>74290394
That was their initial plan tqbh
>>
There was a debate at the state GOP convention about adding secession to the party plank this weekend.

I'm moving to Texas in a week. How long do I have to live there before I start looking down on non-Texans and agitating for secession?
>>
yes

then we don't have to hear them whining about wanting to secede any more
>>
>>74292368

Mind explaining?
>>
Wichita Falls > Arlen
>>
>>74290593
I can't believe you're this delusional.
>>
It's illegal to seced from the union. It wouldn't matter dickhead
>>
>>74290394
nigger what

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_tax_revenue_by_state

texas is a cash cow for federal revenue. and california's been shitting itself; those numbers are already four years old.
>>
Texas can't legally secede no matter how hard the "people of texas" people cry. It's a moot point.
>>
>>74292872
>t. carpetbagger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQkZp7iCX1w

get fucked, commie
>>
>>74293156
Commiefornia piggus go home
>>
>>74293078
>i have no justification for this statement whatsoever
>muh war

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXOEdvfMeIY
>>
>>74290509
Okie here, fuck texas, damn fuckers are mostly Mexican now
>>
>>74293335
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_v._White
>In accepting original jurisdiction, the court ruled that, legally speaking, Texas had remained a United States state ever since it first joined the Union, despite its joining the Confederate States of America and its being under military rule at the time of the decision in the case. In deciding the merits of the bond issue, the court further held that the Constitution did not permit states to unilaterally secede from the United States, and that the ordinances of secession, and all the acts of the legislatures within seceding states intended to give effect to such ordinances, were "absolutely null".

So sayeth the law of the land.
>>
>>74293422
>the Constitution did not permit states to unilaterally secede

oh no shit? the city's pool rules also don't apparently explicitly permit it, huh, that's weird

good thing you're a constitutional scholar, barack you sure saved me from an embarrassing position like the ones in the declaration of independence and the federalist papers and in half the states' ratifications of the constitution, which as it happens did not delegate the power of choice of union membership to the federal government. gosh just imagine all those completely wrong people who would be laughing at me right now
>>
>>74290394
>Should Texas secede?

FUCK NO!

This whole thing is just trickery from spics trying to return Texas to shit puke fuck mexico.
>>
>>74293690
>When, therefore, Texas became one of the United States, she entered into an indissoluble relation. All the obligations of perpetual union, and all the guaranties of republican government in the Union, attached at once to the State. The act which consummated her admission into the Union was something more than a compact; it was the incorporation of a new member into the political body. And it was final. The union between Texas and the other States was as complete, as perpetual, and as indissoluble as the union between the original States. There was no place for reconsideration or revocation, except through revolution or through consent of the States
Anyhow, your comparison of texas joining a nation compared to city pool rules being hilarious aside, Texas can claim it's independent and then the US would use the full force of the law and military to fight against it. All military presence in Texas aside, the other 49 states would crush Texas.

As far as legality - it's an entity of one nation claiming it's independent over 150 years later. The rest of the world wouldn't do shit. Texas would be crushed easier than Ukraine was by Russia.
>>
If Texas secedes it will become Mexico 2.0 within 3 years
>>
>>74292745
y-you're Wichita falls too?
>>
>>74294034
>Texas can claim it's independent and then the US would use the full force of the law and military to fight against it

You seriously think this would happen? I can't see a Republican congress or president sanctioning war with Texas. Nor can I see the military voluntarily doing it, especially when so many servicemen are Texans. I doubt even a Democrat president and congress would do much more than snide remarks about racism. It isn't 1860 anymore.
>>
>>74293156
Why would you want to seced anyway fucking moron?
>>
>>74294812
>I can't see a Republican congress or president sanctioning war with Texas. Nor can I see the military voluntarily doing it, especially when so many servicemen are Texans.
If service to the country were the factor then how could texas successfully succeed?

If loyalty to the country were no longer a factor why would the rest of the country not fight back in a circumstance that Texas sought to cut itself off from the rest of the US?
>>
>>74295202
Not everyone thinks service tot he country means slavish obedience to the federal government.

You honest to God think that any modern politician, Republican or Democrat, would call for war against Americans for trying to get a right to self determination? With how unpopular Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan have been? That is even more delusional than the idea that Texas will ever actually secede.
>>
File: pol - american rebellion_2.png (203 KB, 1802x905) Image search: [Google]
pol - american rebellion_2.png
203 KB, 1802x905
>>74294034
>The rest of the world wouldn't do shit.

>The rest of the world wouldn't do shit while a schism forms in America's power bloc under the justification of protecting innocent freedom-wanting citizens against a tyrannical federal government

Wow professional analysis of global politics there friendo
>>
File: tx1836.jpg (310 KB, 429x543) Image search: [Google]
tx1836.jpg
310 KB, 429x543
>>74290394
If we secede we have to get our clay in New Mexico, Colorado, and Oklahoma back.

Santa Fe is Texas.
>>
help contribute to Texas's independence http://www.thetnm.org/
>>
>>74290394
I think we actually only keep it around to keep Christians from bothering the rest of the country.
>>
If Hillary wins, then we can secede.
>>
If Texas tried to secede, within hours the feds would freeze the assets of every bank in Texas, the State of Texas, every political subdivision in Texas, as well as the assets of every public office holder in Texas. The only money in Texas would be the cash in people's pockets and business cash registers. All electronic money links between Texas and the rest of the world (FedLine wires, ACH's, SWIFT, etc.) would be instantly severed. Banks would not even bother to open the doors because the cash in the vaults would be gone in minutes. Texas would go from a first world economy to an African tier economy overnight.

The military wouldn't even be necessary.
>>
>>74294836
To get there own flag on /pol/
>>
>>74290744
From all the tanning.
>>
>>74296343
And the US would fuck over their own economy in the process. Way to go.
>>
>>74295719
1)
>The Texas Interconnection is one of the three minor alternating current (AC) power grids
Yawn. The power would go around other routes through more major interconnects.

2) [citation needed]
The civil war had nowhere NEAR those rates.

3) Assumes that ragtags would have a real chance in a ware with real borders.

4) Getting a substantial amount of troops and supplies across the border is easy. All of Mexico/South america wouldn't necessarily fall in line and you'd need a way to avoid the rest of the US on either border from Texas that could fire on your shit.

5) Closer to Texas this would be true, but that would be containable.

6) It's texas, logistically you'd need an organized war in face of modern intelligence and to get people WITH the right supplies far outside of texas.

7) [citation needed]

8) Assumes you could get people in and up the country [see prior points]

9) At the point Texas seceded with no one else the circumstances would dictate a large separation..

10) [US will never nuke former citizens comment]. Nukes are a last resort, obviously they wouldn't - if they didn't have to.
>>
>>74294836
Is that a serious question
>>
>>74296622
literally this. it would be murder suicide
>>
>>74296343
I think you underestimate the economy of Texas friendo. It would destroy the US economy over night as well. If Texas seceded the US wouldn't do shit. Texas doesn't need anything from the US. We have our own power grid, water, food, military and majority of the oil reserves in north America. The US would continue to trade with Texas no matter what. You need us more than we need you. Deal with it.
>>
>>74290394

>Hillary or Bernie gets elected
>Texas secedes and pretty much uses Trump's wall idea

How mad would liberals be? It'd be pretty funny to see.
>>
>>74290394
What would Texas national anthem be?
>>
File: image_12.jpg (44 KB, 316x533) Image search: [Google]
image_12.jpg
44 KB, 316x533
>>74296686
>>
>>74294836
>"it's illegal for you to secede!"
>gets BTFO by facts
>"lol y would u wanna secede anyway?"

yanks
>>
>>74296622
>>74296691
Everything has a cost/benefit. If the feds allowed a single state to secede then federal power would be gone forever. The US would fly apart quicker than the Soviet Union did. For those in power who derive their power from the federal government, there is no price too high to pay to preserve their power and position.

You can disagree all you want and decry the justice of it, but that doesn't change the gaming decision process.

>>74297488

I don't underestimate the economy of Texas, Texas is a powerhouse economy - but that doesn't mean anything if the economy grinds to a halt. Money is the lubricant of any economy and a straight up secession would destroy the money supply literally overnight.

I am actually a Texan and would prefer for Texas to be independent, but without a viable alternative banking system in place beforehand then any secession attempt would end in failure before it even got off the ground. The economy would be in smoking ruins, there would be food riots in the streets, and most of the people would be begging for FEMA and the US Army to restore order in a matter of days.
>>
>>74290394
Yes, let it secede and be a buffer.

Texas is already a Latino state.
>>
>>74290394
>Texas seccedes
>majority mexican population
>continue on importing mexicans
>a few decades and Texas is Mexico again

Sure, why not?
>>
>>74295857
Most of that was mexico gifted to you by the states.
>>
>>74301200
kek
>>
File: texas chan.png (189 KB, 800x495) Image search: [Google]
texas chan.png
189 KB, 800x495
>>74301829
Actually it was traded off to the US. In return for Texas's current borders, the US assumed the massive public debt accumulated by the Republic of Texas.

We literally traded sagebrush for gold.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.