[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is /pol/'s view on income inequality?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: 20150808_woc142.png (51 KB, 1190x550) Image search: [Google]
20150808_woc142.png
51 KB, 1190x550
CEOs of the S&P500 companies made 335 times the average workers' salaries in their companies.

Average CEO compensation: 12.4 million
Average worker: 36.900 dollar

In 1980 the average CEO of the S&P500 companies made 42 times as much, in 1990, they made 107 times as much.
>>
>>74287182

Don't worry, soon the plebs will make $0 when the robots takeover. Then there won't be income inequality because anything multiplied by zero is zero
>>
>>74287182
Your Führer helped you with that...
Then again, every aspect of your country became better because of Hitler.
My God I feel bad just for being British.
I'm so sorry, Germany.
>>
File: income_richmegarich-wm.jpg (163 KB, 630x933) Image search: [Google]
income_richmegarich-wm.jpg
163 KB, 630x933
It's caused by deregulation of wall street (jews), mass immigration (jews again), and outsourcing (some anglos, but mostly jews)

the solution is to reregulate wall street, stop mass immigration, and stop outsourcing.
>>
File: 1386635372622.png (304 KB, 625x586) Image search: [Google]
1386635372622.png
304 KB, 625x586
>>74287329
Hitler was just a very successful Keynesian.
>>
>Corporations ruthlessly maximize shareholder profits at all cost
>CEOs are paid far more than they are worth

pick one
>>
>>74287182
CEO's are paid the amount of value that they represent to the business, it's a unique position to run an entire business and not many people are good at it which drives up the value.

If the average worker was capable of being a CEO then they'd work as a CEO and not just an average worker, but they're not because it takes skill and experience that they don't have.

In the modern world running a business is more complicated because governments pile on more and more regulations and so you need to be more savvy to navigate them and the increasing complexities of technology etc. That's why CEO value is going up.

People are paid in the free market the value they bring to the business. As they should be.
>>
File: hilary-CiSP_agXIAEHR8O.jpg (57 KB, 600x372) Image search: [Google]
hilary-CiSP_agXIAEHR8O.jpg
57 KB, 600x372
>>74287182
>>
>>74289092
>If the average worker was capable of being a CEO then they'd work as a CEO and not just an average worker, but they're not because it takes skill and experience that they don't have.

>Cucks actually believe this

It's not about skill, it's about being born into a family with lots of connections and being a psychopath.
>>
>>74287316
>Then there won't be income inequality because anything multiplied by zero is zero

Actually, if people make 0 dollars, CEOs will be making an infinite time more than the non existing workers.
>>
File: sandersmob.png (42 KB, 1003x246) Image search: [Google]
sandersmob.png
42 KB, 1003x246
>>74287182
>How is /pol/'s view on income inequality?
It's definitely worse than absolute equality, indeed.
>>
>>74288760
>>Corporations ruthlessly maximize shareholder profits at all cost
This one?

CEOs are paid whatever the market deems they are worth, so that statements is wrong.

However, I do not see how corporation can be "ruthless".
>>
>>74288760
This.

Shareholders pay CEOs massive pay-packages because they want them to take risks. The massive pay-package acts as an incentive to take the risk, if it backfires they fire the CEO and give him a massive amount of money so they don't scare off future potential CEOs.
>>
>>74289475
>every CEO (aka business owner) is a nepotist psychopath
That's not how this works, pinko.
>>
>>74289092
What would happen if the government taxed CEOs a lot more? What if the average net income of a CEO goes down to e.g. 100 times the average net income of a worker? Would that end capitalism?
>>
File: 14657484564586.jpg (30 KB, 480x451) Image search: [Google]
14657484564586.jpg
30 KB, 480x451
>>74288345
>this pic
Oh my fucking God, I'm laughing out loud.
>tells that Keynes was right and Monetarism is a shitty policy that created the wealth gap
>>
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.
>>
>>74289667

>this is what cucks actually believe
>>
>>74289475
>It's not about skill, it's about being born into a family with lots of connections and being a psychopath.

Of course it's about skill. Becuase if you hire a bad CEO then they can fuck the entire business in a very short time span and people who are investors in the business and on the board of directors aren't going to hire anyone who will do that.

There's no free rides, people have to prove themselves. And some people got it easy because they were given investments by parents or inheritance but ultimately only those who did something good with that money get the job.

This idea that CEOs are lazy fatcats who just sit there smoking cigars is a liberal power fantasy of what it's like to be at the top. I'm a Director for a medium sized international business and our CEO is one of the hardest working people I know, he calls me at 2am in his time zone and is already working every day, he expects his Directors to take calls any hour of the night.
>>
>>74287182
Companies are bigger. CEO pay generally scales with company size.
>>
>>74289741
If government taxed CEO's more then those CEOs would get less money and would feel inclined to resign and relocate to countries with smaller tax on the rich because their net income is higher after tax.

It's called human capital flight and it's why taxes aren't just slammed to 90%+ for successful people. It's a global economy now and that will never go away, and the rich are the ones who can relocate the easiest because they have the funds to do so.
>>
>>74289959

A cuck's religion that allows the Jew to fuck you over and commands you to stay quiet about it.
>>
>>74287182
CEO wages are pretty irrelevant to the wages of the rest of the workers. For example, McDonalds CEO gets paid 8 million dollars, meanwhile the company employs nearly 2 million wage slaves who want a $7 raise, costing the company $14 million on an hourly basis, 40 hours a week means labor costs would go up $500 million each week. Who the fuck cares if the CEO gets 6 or 7 million? It changes nothing for the workers because they're not productive enough to justify a pay raise.
>>
>>74290297
>would feel inclined to resign and relocate to countries with smaller tax on the rich because their net income is higher after tax.

As far as I know, the decision whether to relocate the headquarters of a business is the decision of the shareholders. The CEO has no say in it.
>>
>>74289877
fuck off jew

Only neolib kikes believe in austerity
>>
>>74290902
No i mean the CEO will quit his position in the business and become CEO of another business which is located in a better tax zone. Although quite frankly it is possible to relocate HQs to certain area for tax breaks it's just less likely to be done unless it benefits the business rather than just the CEO.

Part of understanding CEOs is dispelling the myth that it's not just some other job, because it is. CEOs will reguarly go job hunting for better paying CEO positions and because there's so few of them who are proven to be great at their jobs it makes the market competative to keep them through bonuses and high wages.

A board of directors isn't going to pay a CEO so much money that it's a detriment to the business, they'll just fire them and get someone cheaper. The pay they get is relative to the value they bring to the business and its predicated around running businesses well, being a rare talent.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.