[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Degree Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
File: 1447518234991.jpg (24 KB, 500x605) Image search: [Google]
1447518234991.jpg
24 KB, 500x605
So, I'm majoring in combined poli sci and business administration with a concentration in finance. What are my job prospects like?
ITT we talk about how unemployed our degrees will make us.
>>
>>74256370
Doing Master's now in software dev.
I'll see how that goes for me.
>>
>>74256448
you'll be fine dude. Software development may be starting to become slightly saturated depending on where you live, but you'll most likely find something that pays well.
>>
It's STEM but I don't want to say what kind because i'll be laughed at.
However it definitely can get me an ok job.
>>
>>74256370

>political science

Shit tier. On the same footing with gender studies.

And not even joking
>>
>>74256697
Bio major detected

>>74256370
unless you're willing to suck some serious corporate cock and brown nose the right people you're fucked dude, enjoy serving me those fries

Comp Sci and Math major here, can't wait to see all you fags be replaced by the machines I'll be programming
>>
>>74256370

I hold a dual masters in Nutrition. My core studies and certifications pertaining to geriatric medicine. My Alma Mater is Columbia Medical College in NY, NY.

I went to Culinary School before medical school.
>>
>>74256772
>>74256774
I've been told Poli Sci on its own is terrible. But does the addition of business with finance con. improve anything?
>>
>>74256977

Surely it will. Political science alone is a dead end unless your dad is someone really famous.

With business added, there might still be some hope.
>>
>>74256370
I really feel its one of those degrees where all the employment will go to women and minorities. I don't know what it really entails but always struck me as a tad shit

I do Chemistry, looking into analytical chem after graduating. Done some internships and havnt been unemployed since highschool
>>
>pick Civ Eng
>1 semester after I enter uni economy tanks and market goes to shit
I want to get off this ride
>>
>>74257379
I'm planning on adding an economics minor to my degree too. Maybe that will help me somehow.

>>74257403
Luckily for me, I am a minority. Maybe business with finance will be enough to push me ino a decent entry level job.
>>
>>74257810
sounds rooty tooty jobby gobby to me mate. What the hell do you do in pol science anyway, looks like a bunch of wank based on nothing
>>
>>74256977
It's fine if you're a normie who networks and shit.

>>74256772
It's not that bad m8. It's not good, but it's just one of those vague sounding nebulous majors that is whatever to most people and impressive to boomers, because a lot of boomer politicians did poli sci and just got into politics or whatever because--boomers.

As long as it doesn't have "studies" on the end you won't be laughed out of the room at least.
>>
Applied Physics here

It's pretty good m8
>>
>>74256370
I have a degree on women studies with a mayor on poc women feminism
>>
>>74258294
>Applied physics

topkek
>>
3rd year of architecture school here
>>
>>74257686

>mech. engineering
>market crash has fucked the auto industry, know veterans who either get a shitty job working as aprenttice technicians or no jobs at all
>this in the top 3 uni in the country

i'm glad i learnt 5 languages so i can go off this ride, economy won't even recover before 2020
>>
>>74256370
Useless arts degree
>double major in media & communication and children's literature

I've always planned to go into a masters of teaching though
>>
Working on PhD in aqueous geochemistry. I've been employed in my field since after my BS.
>>
>>74258727
Which languages?
>>
>>74256370
>we talk about how unemployed our degrees will make us

Doing Master's in meteorology. It's nice but i'll be probably washing dishes in another country with that one.
>>
Even STEM is becoming increasingly worthless because Pakis, Chinks, and Indians will do high level STEM work for $5/hour

Best to go into something like commercial refrigeration or pipe fitting. Can't outsource those.
>>
File: lordy.jpg (51 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
lordy.jpg
51 KB, 848x480
Computer science.
Got my AS, but my town's uni denied me 3 times (of the 600 applicants from my program, they accepted 100), so it looks like my only option is taking a year off to gather resources and pick out some far-off uni that'll have me.
I'm not too bummed about it, but it's not like I was applying to an ivy league school. Figured a state uni might at least have a bit of mercy on a towny who dicked his 3.7 into a 3.5 by taking two labs, a language, and a calc course last semester.

Can't wait to be 50 fucking years old, when I get my cap and gown.
>>
>>74259226
i have portuguese, deutsch and english down, i'm currently in the middle of learning japanese and spanish, which i will be finished with by the time i leave uni.

end of the year i'm gonna go for a semester off in canada to learn french though
>>
>>74259616
I was thinking of learning Japanese and/or Spanish
What do you recommend?
>>
>>74259269
in Hungary this is our only option
>>
>>74259932

Spanish would be of more use to you. Unless you plan on working in Japan sometime in the future, you'd be a total weebfag for learning it rather than Spanish.
>>
>>74256370
Computational Linguistics major, with Computer Science as minor.

Depends on my luck, I guess.
>>
Law and management. Am I good?
No idea on my master's and doctorate yet though
>>
>>74257403

Go into financial advice before they make it degree minimum. You literally do a month course and you're accredited. Even in the shitty customer serice entry level roles its minimum 50k in a capital city.
>>
>>74259932
in all honesty i picked up japanese more as a hobby, but it's turning out great, though working in japan will still be extremely hard compared to a spanish speaking nation

Spanish is a more necessary language for work since a third of the world speaks it, but i never really wanted to learn it because i always thought that some company would end up paying a 6 month course in argentina for me or somenthing

Japanese is more of a hobby oriented language, since chances to actually use it are slim and getting work in japan is not only hard, but the work ethics there is retarded. Spanish is more of a career oriented language to be learned and it's extremely easy for brazillians due to the similarities, and the market for brazillian civil engineering contracts in south america is real (i.e. all empreiteiras in lava jato worked in the entire continent), so the job prospect is also better

tl;dr do japanese as a hobby and/or a backup or far off dream if the opportunity ever arises

do spanish as a carreer oriented language that will expand your employment area
>>
Doing a Master's in business informatics.

I guess i gonna be okay.
>>
>>74256370
>poli sci

Congratulations, you fell for a meme
>>
Majoring in Business Administration as well, minor in Graphic Design maybe?

I'm stuck between choosing some Private 4 year Catholic school and going to the local college for the first 2 years. What should I do?
>>
BS in biology here
Going to Pharmacy school fall 2017
>>
>>74256977
Do Engineering, it is far better in terms of employment than pure math or physics.
>>
Chinese (language and studies). Finishing my bachelors in a year and wondering if I should go for my masters or just join the feds already
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.