[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your views on people who are "PC"? Do They
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 11.png (425 KB, 739x1086) Image search: [Google]
11.png
425 KB, 739x1086
What are your views on people who are "PC"?
Do They annoy you, if so why?
>>
who am I to tell someone else how to talk?
>>
>>74245247
A citizen with a responsibility to make sure your nations culture and public discourse is not turning to shit.
>>
>>74245144
What the fuck does PC even mean. is it Some term college kids use? It got mentioned on south park and something about a safe space. I'm glad I'm not inThe loop desu
>tyranny is the key to peace
>>
>>74245348
that sounds like a great supporting argument for political correctness
>>
File: Rules for Radicals.jpg (770 KB, 883x1451) Image search: [Google]
Rules for Radicals.jpg
770 KB, 883x1451
>>74245144

Who is "They"?
>>
>>74245401
Being pc is avoiding language that "marginalises oppressed groups".
Ie it's faget shit that needs to be mocked and destroyed.
>>
It's fun to see the faces they make or rather the faces they try not to make when you say something /pol/ related.
>>
>>74245440
It is, that's how ideologies like that work. Culture war and all that.
Not fighting, or thinking you have no place to "tell someone else how(they ought to) to talk" is giving up.
>>
>>74245618
So its just more of this social justice busllshit and all that white cis male/ pronouns garbage. God 2016 is just getting worse
>>
>>74245440
>>74245647
To be more specific, PC argues for self censorship and tabooing, the opposition argues for a complete freedom of speech, even if it's 'hate speech'.
It is your responsibility as an American to preserve your constitutional rights, not only for yourself but for the next generations.
>>
Political Correctness = Cultural Marxism
Look up the definition and "Frankfurt School"
>>
File: Hooked.png (64 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
Hooked.png
64 KB, 625x626
>>74245144
Annoy? Annoy doesn't even begin to describe it. I find it insulting. It insults my intelligence. They believe that I'm so stupid as to give them justice points because of their insincere concern for the oppressed? They think that makes them superior human beings? I find it contemptible. I'd rather someone be an honest asshole than a polite liar.
>>
>>74245144
Used by fascists to control public discourse and to push their own political agenda.
>Fuck PC Faggots.
>>
>>74245768
those opposed to PC speech want to eliminate the PC terminology from popular use

its its own form of censorship and tabooing
>>
>>74245144
Political correctness is just a method to censor free speech and control the narrative. You can't have honest and open discussions when one group of people are active trying to shut down certain aspects of speech.
>>
>>74245144
>few friends i have aren't restrictive on words
>they say nigger, and other words
>my fault.
>we call each other jews, faggots, niggers
>4chin never brought up
>hearty keks when allauh snack bar shouted during zombies.

>also should try to stop them from saying it
>>
>>74245963
>its its own form of censorship and tabooing
Not really, eliminating terms that were created for censorship is not censorship.
But anyway that's not the point, because no they don't - the opposition wants the PC terminology to not be required. For example, people can use POC and SIC as much as they want, but you should be able to say 'blacks' or 'straight' without public outrage.
The basis of the opposition to PC is that public discourse should not be censored or even regulated, and most of them will absolutely agree that PC people can keep using their own retarded terms.
>>
>>74246296
Canadia's hatespeech argument is that the hatespeech itself is damaging enough to warrant censorship.
Politically correct is a style thing. You can't say terms like kike or nigger in public these days(nigger if you're black is fine for magical reasons) and its enough to get you fired and blacklisted. We don't usually include those terms as politically correct, but if they aren't then what it?
Censorship is only a issue when the government mandates it. When you have regular people making their own choices who to associate with based on what they say, no one cares. These days however you're supposed to cheer when someone says something about trans rights and it sickens me that agreeing with a position makes you a hero and opposing it makes you old and uncool.
>>
>>74247422
The problem is that it's leaking into academia, and that it gets worse, like you said, you have to cheer for things you find disgusting and if you don't you might get fired. It will get to govt censorship if it continues like this, which is why I said you Americans have a responsibility to fight the idea as a whole.
Also
>X itself is damaging enough to warrant censorship.
Infuriating idea. Fuck Canada.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.