[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you ever want to colonize Mars if things ever became "I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 42
File: Mars-1.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Mars-1.png
2 MB, 1280x720
Would you ever want to colonize Mars if things ever became "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" tier /pol/?

I'd take it. Probably would live a crappy life like a Jamestown colonist, but I'd make my mark on history.
>>
>>74230773
>Would you ever want to colonize Mars
It honestly depends on many factors, like what would I be doing daily and such.
>>
>>74230773
>if
No if. Want right now. Always want to go to Mars.
>>
>>74230773

Mars is a fucking deathtrap.

I'd rather be out in a hab floating around the sun.
>>
Amen Canadabro. Raise a redpilled family, instill old school values, eventually go full Zeon and rebel against Earth gov once we become self sustainable.
>>
File: omfg.jpg (4 KB, 125x123) Image search: [Google]
omfg.jpg
4 KB, 125x123
>>74230773
Nice Destiny Screencap friend! Firebase Delphi is best map!! XXDD
>>
>>74230773
I'd do it right now if i had the chance.
Provided there's enough tech to keep the colony alive and healthy, I'd do any decent job short of gay prostitution.
It's a chance to start fresh on a different planet. No global economy, no religious zealotry, no bullshit politics, just me, my shovel and the red earth beneath my feet.
>>
>>74230773
It would be assloads of work starting to build the base for terraforming but sure.
>>
>>74230773
i do, i definitely do

musk said he could probably get a one way ticket down to around 400k. dunno if i could make that but i think its a reasonable life goal to have

i just hope that its far enough away that society has no influence on the cultural development
>>
>>74231391
Well there would be a shitton of scientific tests to be done at the behest of world goverments and scientific corporations, but thats another story.
>>
>>74231067
Dropping shit on Africa and India would be really easy with a space foothold.
>>
File: img17.jpg (48 KB, 470x740) Image search: [Google]
img17.jpg
48 KB, 470x740
Space exploration is a waste of money. Nothing good comes out of it. Especially considering we have too many problems here on Earth we have not yet solved.
>>
>>74231391
>shovel
Sheesh, I hope not.
>>74231492
>terraforming
That would take forever.

We need to start sending robots to map out these things:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martian_lava_tube
>>
>>74231569
Hey, the moment we get enough vespene gas for an anti-missile system the world governments can go fuck themselves.
The only research we'd be doing is in life support and genetically engineered cat-girls.
>>
File: spooky.png (52 KB, 166x234) Image search: [Google]
spooky.png
52 KB, 166x234
>>74231632
They said the same thing about the Americas 500 years ago, and look at where we are now.
>>
>>74231671
I did say build the base, didn't I. Be it giant domes, halls or underground in lava tubes.

Eventually though, with all the ice in the solar system, it would be possible to terraform mars
>>
>>74230773
To many demon outbreaks
>>
File: 1406713320644.jpg (380 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1406713320644.jpg
380 KB, 1920x1080
>>74230773
>if things ever became "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" tier /pol/?
I'm already here now.

>>74231632
faggot
>>
>>74231881

How about the low gravity?
>>
>>74231881
centrifuge desu senpai
>>
>>74231881
>it would be possible to terraform mars
Mars doesn't have a magnetic field to make this truly possible
>>
>>74231808
that'd still be too early for me anon. I'd say the safe point would be when we could successfully construct the high end polymers, computers, and all the other necessary capital 100% on Mars without any imports from earth.

Only then could we safely say fuck them with greatly diminished repercussions of embargo.
>>
You do realise that the first person to step foot on Mars is going to be a black female because the future current year, right?
There won't be an option to stop blacks from coming either.
>>
>>74232006
Not much to do about it apart from living in centrifuges.

Not sure what the presumed effect of that are going to be really though? I think growing up in low gravity makes you taller, but more frail.
>>
File: oceanbottom.jpg (208 KB, 854x479) Image search: [Google]
oceanbottom.jpg
208 KB, 854x479
We should have been building underwater and moon bases by now

>tfw you could have been an deep sea colonist but no one cared
>>
>>74232006
martians would look different than earth humans obviously

>>74232085
by the point we can manage to carry enough ice and other resources required for terraforming we can probably generate artificial magnetic fields or heat the core back up
>>
>>74230773
I would like to leave this planet, but because type 1 diabetes they wouldn't take me with them...
>>
>>74231881
All we'd really have to do is import/generate a shitton of greenhouse gases. It'd probably take a few decades if we did it at chinese speed but eventually it could bulk up the thinned density of the Martian atmosphere for non microscopic life to survive.

Only big worry would be some sort of serious adverse reaction taking place causing an Andromeda effect.
>>
>>74232356
They could. the only thing is that you'd probably be among the older colonists when they'd be willing to take you. Gotta look at how they did transatlantic travel in the 1600s for a refrence point. That or be rich enough that Elon Musk would transport insulin or insulin creating components/machines. But I could see him doing it for his rich buddies.
>>
>>74232549
But thinking that they would only take the genetically healthy ones. Kinda like having a "fresh" start.

But yeah, if there is a chance for it, will have to snatch my fiancee with me aswell.
>>
How will be post on 4chan? With the latency we'll never be able to out-banter anyone. Earthlings will always be like "Oh, martians are so slow!". They are going to reply to us with memes like "15 minutes later, on Mars..." or some shit. :(
>>
File: marsearthmagfields.jpg (387 KB, 1890x886) Image search: [Google]
marsearthmagfields.jpg
387 KB, 1890x886
>>74230773
>colonize Mars

You'd have to import literally EVERYTHING just to stay alive. Air, water, food, shelter... Mars is a dead world that cannot retain an atmosphere.

You might as well start a colony at the bottom of the sea. At least that way, you wouldn't have to wait six months for help if something went critically wrong.

Pic related, without a magnetic field, solar winds beat the shit out of Mars every day.
>>
>>74232988
just make fun of them for being stuck with poo in loos and niggers
or living on earth in the year 20XX
>>
File: 2016GOTY.jpg (87 KB, 500x707) Image search: [Google]
2016GOTY.jpg
87 KB, 500x707
I'd absolutely say colonize Mars in order to bring about the true prophesy of what happens during that time period.
>>
>>74233046
>2072
>no comfy mars storm
>no deep underground well ventilated bunker and abundant clean water supply
>>
>>74230773
>lie through psych eval to get on Mars mission
>land
>kill a few males with a wrench
>declare self first king of Mars, hold wimmenz and dudez hostage to earth for supplies
>establish sovereign worldnation
>bang wimmenz and create the first true martien heirs to the space toilet/throne

All hail king aeries.
>>
>>74230773
Inna woods is more habitable.
>>
>>74233020
This, Terriforming mars is near impossible without restarting it's magnetic field. The best we will have on mars is underground cities or biodomes.

It's more likely that we will reach another earth that is livable before mars could complete a terraformation
>>
>>74233622
>written as if poster wouldn't just sit inside 24/7 breathing recycled air and posting on mchan.

Right. You're getting so much out of the outside world currently.
>>
>>74233622
>restarting it's magnetic field
Soo.. gotta do like in "The Core"?
>>
>>74233831
No, yeah, I wouldn't care either. It would be for other people.
>>
You are a burger flipper slave

in space you will have the same shit job but in space form

So once again we get better materialistic things
Which is shit cuz that does not verify u being forced to slave till you die

Also when we go to space remember that your life will not bw remembered unless your a 33 degree freemason
>>
>>74230773
it depends. how many solar pannel arrays are we setting up and are they giving me personally a insane rig (pc). ill go right now if we got enough power for me to play vidya all day on a titanx sl rig
>>
Ask a government funded, intergalactic space explorer anything

Go on, I'm listening
>>
>>74234310
welfare queen
>>
>>74231008
technically you already are
>>
File: kadingir_sanctum.jpg (378 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
kadingir_sanctum.jpg
378 KB, 2048x1152
>>74234061
>implying the newest, best games support SLI before 2yrs post release
dob geg
>>
Fuck yeah, especially if I get a chance to climb Olympus Mons.
>>
No because Martian gravity is like 30% of what Earths is. I think that the best effort for colonization would be to continually sent a bunch of resources to an Earth like planet and work on both faster than light travel or stasis technology.

Terraforming Mars is way, way outside of what is currently achievable and due to the weak Martian gravity is isn't really worth it. If you know how to add more mass to a planet and terraform an atmosphere then go to NASA because they'll hire you. Unfortunately the obscene resources required and the small payoff means that it'll barely be worth it.

Terraforming Venus would be better but realistically terraforming anything is a shitty idea.
>>
File: doom.jpg (232 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
doom.jpg
232 KB, 1920x1080
>>74235542
You're right but i want an invasion from Hell
>>
Yes , no jews there ! Finaly i could escape the slavery of the financial system made to make us all slaves .
>>
>>74235920
Ok cool but you'd have better luck just editing the genes of babies to make them have mutations or something. Much cheaper.

Anyone coming from mars will have brittle as fuck bones and you'd be able to beat the shit out of them do to their acclimatization of the martian gravity.

Fuck we don't even know what would happen to a fetus in utero in a low gravity environment lol.

We should definitely mine mars and maybe establish a permanent base there where people spend semipermanent time there.

If we can simulate Earth like gravity on a space station then it would be much more prudent to live on space stations rather than mars.
>>
>>74235542
>add more mass
You could also condense it or move more of the mass near the surface.
Some planets are less overall massive than others, but have higher surface gravity due to the weight distribution.
This is also impossible to do and a pointless comment.
>>
>>74236159
If our technology has progressed to the point of terraforming mars then we'd probably be already colonizing/colonized another world. Mars is not our best shot realistically.
>>
>>74230773
Honestly, I'd like to colonize Earth.
>>
File: bluemarblewest.jpg (1023 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
bluemarblewest.jpg
1023 KB, 2048x2048
>>74231008
< I think you forgot where we are...
>>
>>74236328
If we could build mountains in the middle of Australia and the Sahara we could easily add thousands of square KM of habitable land.

We also currently posses the technology for large land reclamation projects such as drying up the English channel to create a lot more land.
>>
>>74236616
>build mountains
Huh neat. That would affect the climate and make the land less dry somehow?
>>
>>74236616
That's not what I meant. I meant clear out all the fucking human cancer and start an actual civilization without you fucking mongs.
>>
>>74236306
Heh.. yeah I guess. The next logical step is probably just outer space industrial bases. In the asteroid belt? That would be a boring place. Just the void to stare at.
>>
>>74236149
You're 100% right on all accounts. I'm not denying this. I just want the hubris of a human controlled colony on the first planet we colonize (for growth or purely material/manufacturing reasons) to be a humorously hideous downfall. This is why the first time we reach out and establish a banner it can't be on an Earth-like planet. We will destroy it. We will learn from the process. Making sure we don't nuke the only naturally habitable one within several light years will actually sustain (and propagate) the human race. I'm half kidding when I say I want an invasion from Hell - I hate people in general and a challenger would be well appreciated. But if we're to survive, history has shown we need a fucking lesson in how bad shit can go. If we're to actually succeed I mean. Humanity's history can be boiled down to
>success
>fuckup
>success
>serious fuckup
>success
>colossal fuckup
>success
ad infinitum.
>>
To add to that - let EC-01 be the lesson taught in history books. Let all after that be examples we learn from while simultaneously enjoyed their resources and habitat.
>>
>>74236710
Basically the rain would condense and fall as snow on the top of the mountain and create a cooler and more humid environment around the base extending far from the mountain. Also when the snow melts it provides the surrounding area with a lot of water.

Some big mountains could make large areas of desert habitable and farmable. Plus it could supply those dry areas populations with nice fresh water, I think a big problem with other ideas of permaculture is that it requires drawing water from already overstressed sources or large scale desalination which the long term effects would be to fuck the ocean and requires a lot of energy to maintain, also it's not really a permanent solution.
>>
>>74230773

Being the first guy on Mars would be cool. Being the 20th guy is like "who gives a fuck" but you accomplish a lot of cool and important stuff Being the 500th guy is the worst cause you are just now a worker bee and will not even be mentioned in the history books. It would be cool to the the 100.000th cause everything is established pretty well and you are like "cool I am on Mars".
>>
>>74236817
Honestly I think that you wouldn't really want too many people living in space aside from a rotating crew (too much time spent in space has really dire health consequences such as bone density shrinkage worse than osteoporosis sufferers). If we're at the stage where we are mining space we'll probably have it mostly automated.

We would probably want drone factories in outer space, maybe build them on the moon or whatever and we'd have a space elevator on Earth so that we can safely receive the minerals. I think a cool consequence of this would be that we could start to eventually build big space ships in space which would drastically reduce the cost and perhaps even work on things like orbital hydroponics farms that rely solely on the 24/7 solar power you get in space. The less land that we use on Earth for farming/mining etc the more people we can support on Earth.

Eventually I think we'll have a master list of planets that are within range of Earth using nuclear propulsion or the EM drive and that are also potentially habitable and we'll establish a colony there. I imagine that we'll basically just keep doing this until we've colonized as much as possible. It's going to be much harder if we don't have FTL travel but with stasis technology and potential lifepan increasing medical enhancements it is feasible.
>>
>>74237160
Any new colony needs hundreds not dozens. Any ship sent to Mars to colonize will have likely near 1000 or more people on it.
>>
>>74236876
Haha, the biggest "fuckup" will probably be that in a considerably short time the people on the colony will develop their own culture, customs and be far more patriotic to their colony than Earth. They won't want to do what Earth tells them and either Earth will starve them out, militarily agress them or will cut contact. Interstellar war will most likely be between different human colonized planets for sure.
>>
>>74237498
Not neccesarily, it might be more prudent to send people gradually rather than in one fell swoop. If you really wanted to save on costs as much as possible you could send a bunch of women and send heaps of frozen sperm. I remember reading that you need around 1500 breeding partners in order to have a population that won't succumb to the effects of inbreeding, we have so much genetic variation stored in the ball sacs of dudes living on Earth that it won't be too much of a hassle.
>>
>>74237543
If you think interstellar war or even aggression will happen between Earth and the colonies so early you've been playing too many 4x games. Rebellion is likely but it's not gonna happen in the first 4 or 5 generations of [colony]-born people. The influx from Earth is going to be massive for a long time, enough to keep the people inhabiting any planet from feeling like there's a difference between "us and them."
>>
>>74230773
We're way past "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" tier pham
>>
>>74237058
That's interesting! First time I hear about it. And I forgot a lot about the hydro-cycle I guess (they thought me that I'm sure). Seems like it would require yuuge mountains to make a difference though. That would be hell of a project.

The other megageoprojects I heard about were draining the mediterranean (this one is somewhat famous):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantropa

And creating new lakes in northern Africa by digging canals with nukes (I forgot how those projects were called). The water would evaporate and cause more rain. Eventually the lake beds would become filled with salt though.
>>
>>74237795
Sure and not to mention that they won't have power anywhere comparable to Earth for a long time but the culture will be exceedingly different and I would wager that the populations of the colonies will be disproportionately Chinese, Indian and African, from overpopulated overstrained countries seeking a better life. Westerners on these colonies will be a minority and I think that we won't have too frequent contact with the colonists either due to the speed of light. We won't be able to spam them with imperialistic American media very well.
>>
File: Skitarii assault.jpg (551 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Skitarii assault.jpg
551 KB, 2048x1536
>>74230932
My negro.
>>
>>74230932
This. I'm bored of Earth.
>>
>>74237934
Yeah it would be an incredibly expensive project but when you look at the international rise of real estate prices, overcrowding of cities and an increasingly urbanized human population it seems inevitable that we're going to need more large cities.

I remember reading about Atlantropa and I think it is pretty awesome, I think that the huge amount of hydroelectricity generated for it would be awesome. Apparently it would have cost only a little bit more than the US invasion of Iraq lol.
>>
>>74237425
>FTL travel
I don't even dream about it... :/
I'm resigned to at least one year per light year (actually more with acceleration and deceleration time) and we won't be reaching anything near c for a long while I'm guessing. Even with time dilation for people on the ship, it sucks.
>EM drive
Is it just a meme?
>>
>>74238407
I read that with nuclear propulsion we could actually travel at 4.5% the speed of light which could mean that we reach our closest star 100 years.

If you can make either a generation ship or a cryotasis chamber maybe it could work?
>>
>>74233020
>solar wind
>real

Put down the reefer pipe and stop believing everything the Space Jew tells you, hippie.
>>
>>74238344
>Apparently it would have cost only a little bit more than the US invasion of Iraq lol.
Damn. That's a shame...
>>
File: DOOMCOVER.jpg (2 MB, 5060x2752) Image search: [Google]
DOOMCOVER.jpg
2 MB, 5060x2752
>>74238058
It'll be different but it will be ours. Idk if you've watched Babylon 5 but it's a good example of the kind of diplomacy a not completely Earth based system can implement while maintaining independence yet also holding "American" ideals. It will be different, it will be strange, but there will be a mainstream train of thought that's held by the inhabitants regardless of the daily migrations. That's how people function.The culture does shift slightly but it's also transferred slightly. This is why I want the first station destroyed from a "Hell-like invasion" because I know that no matter what happens our first try will get sacrificed on the altar of progress and we'll keep on keepin' on. Here's hopin' it's brutal as fuck and normies get redpilled in the meantime.

Gotta sleep as it's 1:30am, but thanks for being the uncommon Aussie and having a conversation.
>>
>>74238526
Without sending a recon mission first, we wouldn't even know what we're sending them to. The ship would have to be huge to be prepared for every eventuality.

It would probably be much cheaper to send a human factory instead. Frozen embryos or something. A few decades before reaching destination, babies are grown in tubes and raised by robots. If scanners don't show habitable planets they could just not bother with the humans and the mission becomes to establish an automated outpost instead.

inb4 autism
>>
File: hideo5.jpg (99 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hideo5.jpg
99 KB, 1920x1080
> Be Scientist in mid 22nd century
> decide it would be smart to colonize Mars
> form the U.A.C. and start excavations on Mars
> uncover ruins and artifacts from an ancient civilization that inhabited Mars long ago
> Learn how to use teleportation technology from one of the uncovered stones
> build bases on Mars' moons Demos and Phobos
> start playing with teleportation technology
> all of a sudden Mars record transmissions from the bases on the two moons that something has come out of the teleporter
> Demos loses complete communication
> Phobos requests immediate help
> Mars sends up a security team
> Demos complete disappears from Mars' Orbit
> stand outside base on Phobos with Pistol while your team goes in to look for survivors
> suddenly you hear loud screams and gunfire over your radio
> communications then go silent
> you open the door to the base and go find your team
>>
>>74239334
make a thread on >>/qst/
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (313 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
313 KB, 640x360
>>74239334
Legendary
>>74239461
Link it when you do plz
>>
>>74233889
You ever seen the first total recall? Like that.
>>
>>74233020
>>74233622
Hello.
http://www.nifs.ac.jp/report/NIFS-886.pdf
>>
i would probably go down with the ship, and by that i mean stay at home and post on 4chan all the time like i do already
>>
Another option, believe it or not, is the upper atmosphere of Venus. Unlike most of the planet, the air that far above the clouds has a climate and atmospheric pressure very similar to Earth's. It's free of Venus' extreme toxicity too, so as long as you had a constant oxygen supply and could live in the sky, it would likely be survivable.
>>
>>74239803
Oh sweet, Japan saves the day!

>Here we show that a series of planet-encircling superconducting rings can provide an artificial geomagnetic field equivalent to 10% of the present-day field necessary to prevent adverse effects. A feasible system consists of 12 latitudinal high-temperature superconducting rings, each carrying 6.4 MA current with a modest 1 GW of power requirement.

It seems like they mean that this 10% of the earth's field is enough protection.

Must be a lot of matter to lift though. But Mars is a better place for a space elevator than the Earth.
>>
Why Mars? Why not Europa?
>>
>>74240131
Is there something wrong with me if my first thought was how badass of an execution method it would be to just drop people down into the Venusian hellscape? 450C and 90ATMs.
>>
>>74240303
IT IS FORBIDDEN
>>
It depends.
>>
>>74240186
Just manufacture it on site.

People can live underground in the mean time
>>
File: 1462519916656.jpg (58 KB, 506x552) Image search: [Google]
1462519916656.jpg
58 KB, 506x552
>>74230773
>the chance to colonize Mars
I would divorce my wife, and leave next week if I had to. I honestly don't even care what job I would be doing there.
>>
File: where da whyte wimmin at.png (2 MB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
where da whyte wimmin at.png
2 MB, 2048x1152
>>74240416
Fuck those rectangular space niggers, we're going there.
>>
>>74230773
>move to Mars
>use iron resources to create weapons
>become Adeptus Mechanicus

I can't wait
>>
>>74240380
They would die long before they hit the ground.
>>
>>74240380
Nope. It probably wouldn't be feasible to keep things like bodies around anyway.
>>
>>74240513
I like that ring-style dome. I haven't seen that one before.
>>
>>74230773
Venus is a better option. It's much closer to Earth's gravity and has protection against radiation.
>>
File: 1463445449195.jpg (77 KB, 600x650) Image search: [Google]
1463445449195.jpg
77 KB, 600x650
>Getting life extension tech by 2030
>Getting Mars Colony by 2045
>Born just in time to witness the birth of the Imperium of Man.
>>
Wouldn't the low gravity make it near impossible to give birth to a healthy child?
>>
File: 1463456658613.png (364 KB, 564x1086) Image search: [Google]
1463456658613.png
364 KB, 564x1086
>>74240726
>life extension tech by 2030
If so, it will be outside of my price range.
>>
>>74240513
Neat!

We can do it /pol! Melt the ice caps, import icesteroids and build rings Mars can be ours!

>>74240644
kek
>Fuck those rectangular space niggers
/pol's first contact with the monoliths
>>
>>74230773
REEEEEEEEEEE NO get the fuck off mars you faggots. you brought this shitstorm into this planet you're not gonna fucking escape it like that. you will die with this world. stop trying to corrupt other planets with your shit, just go extinct already you fucking demons.
>>
Better off deconstructing all the useless planets and creating some form of orbiting megascape within the habitable zone.
>>
>>74230773
I'd hold out for Titan.

Much better view.
>>
>>74240869
Much more radiation.
>>
File: 1444885991636.jpg (293 KB, 1500x843) Image search: [Google]
1444885991636.jpg
293 KB, 1500x843
>>74240824
Don't bully the useless planets :(
>>
File: 1449198638969.jpg (208 KB, 704x899) Image search: [Google]
1449198638969.jpg
208 KB, 704x899
>>74240869
>Titan
I think that's already been claimed.
>>
>>74240913

It's smaller though, prolly doesn't need as much ringage: >>74239803
>>
>>74240785
This y'all niggas know it's going to be for the super rich only right? You really think the nwo includes you? Lol
>>
File: 1463013264305.jpg (312 KB, 2000x1076) Image search: [Google]
1463013264305.jpg
312 KB, 2000x1076
>>74230773
Soon
>>
>>74240913
I fail so see how, considering it actually has a thick atmosphere, unlike mars.

Plus, the tidal forces from saturn keep its core hot, and in motion.

Titan is a better candidate than mars.

Much better skyline as well.
>>
>>74241003
Hopefully we'll eat them all just before the mission is due to launch. It'll make sense in the near future, trust me.
>>
>>74240869
Wouldn't Titan be too far away to live on the surface of it? Being that far from the sun it's way too cold, right? I'm not a scientist though, please explain.
>>
>>74241003
At that point we riot. Really, nothing to lose.
>>
>>74240815
>you brought this shitstorm into this planet you're not gonna fucking escape it like that. you will die with this world. stop trying to corrupt other planets with your shit
Sorry, but war and conquest is what we filthy mon-keighs do best. Now bend over.
>>
File: o-TITAN-LAKES-facebook.jpg (187 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-TITAN-LAKES-facebook.jpg
187 KB, 2000x1000
>>74241118
Titan is not really feasible right now compared to Mars.

It's just so much more utterly difficult to get there.
>>
>>74241192
Eh, yeah, -180C wiki says. And I think it's toxic too. Toxic atmosphere is even worse than no atmosphere I'd think?
>>
>>74230773
>life on Mars
>wake up on a non synchronous day of 24 hours and 50 minutes
>go hope my crops didn't die so I don't die
>dig a bit more
>the electrolizer failed again
>the reactor is acting up
>go to sleep hoping to still be alive tomorrow
Still better than being surrounded by muzzies
>>
>>74241297
Also, it's incredibly cold there

Nearly impossible to terraform
>>
>>74241344
reading this post gave me vibes of that 2300 AD part of Chrono Trigger.
>>
File: 1463456224745.jpg (148 KB, 852x938) Image search: [Google]
1463456224745.jpg
148 KB, 852x938
>>74241325
>even worse
If it was corrosive or something, I guess it would be worse. One way or another, if you step outside without a suit on you're gonna die.
>>
File: screw-the-earth.jpg (259 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
screw-the-earth.jpg
259 KB, 640x360
>>74240815
No, he's right >>74240824
Let's build the death star and then blow up this gay earth.
>>
>>74240951
Ganymede is actually not bad, since it has a magnetic field.
>>
>>74232310
Why don't we have more people exploring the ocean? Why haven't we made settlements down there (excluding a hotel I think that's underwater.) There's so much neat shit potentially down there. And unlike space it'd probably end up quite a bit more affordable.
>>
File: 1463453808590.jpg (63 KB, 500x493) Image search: [Google]
1463453808590.jpg
63 KB, 500x493
>>74241508
We do have people exploring the ocean. There's just not a tremendous amount down there for us to exploit. Oil, and some other minerals, but nothing else is worth the tremendous cost. There is plenty of empty space on land.
>>
File: Ganymede.jpg (874 KB, 3500x3500) Image search: [Google]
Ganymede.jpg
874 KB, 3500x3500
>>74241505
Yeah Ganymede is the best choice for a future Jovian settlement

Too bad Europa is kek'd by Jupiter's radiation
>>
>>74241325
So what? Space is a harsher environment than the surface of Titan.

Why try to Jumpstart at dead planet like mars, when you can just invest in a way to get to Titan instead.

The atmosphere is not toxic. It is 90% nitrogen. Very thick as well. It has a natural cycle similar to our water cycle, except with liquid methane.

It's the best chance of habitability in our solar system.
>>
>>74241411
More chances that it could leak in the suits/habitats and poison people? It said there was cyanide of some kind in it. Dunno if that's the super toxic one. Maybe it's not a risk as long as inside pressure is higher than outside.
If we were to terraform eventually, the current atmosphere would have to be removed or detoxified as an extra step. All the soil must be contaminated as well.
>>
>>74241568
True but we've pretty much explored nothing in terms of the size of the ocean unless that changed? wasn't it like 5-10% explored at most? For all we know there could be a shitton of cool things down there.
>>
>>74241411
You'd just need a way to keep warm, along with an oxygen tank.

It's not toxic, or corrosive. You're thinking of venus.

Even if liquid methane rained on your coat, you'd still be fine. Leidenfrost effect is real.
>>
>>74241508
Spooky underwater shit
>>
File: 1463454793636.jpg (95 KB, 2000x527) Image search: [Google]
1463454793636.jpg
95 KB, 2000x527
>>74241663
>cool things
Give me some examples of what you mean.
>>
File: 46574325745263.png (182 KB, 810x520) Image search: [Google]
46574325745263.png
182 KB, 810x520
>>74241592
I'm not sure you appreciate how difficult it is to get to Saturn

It literally takes a spacecraft 4 times the size to get the same payload to Saturn as to Mars

>>74241616
Hopefully genetically modified plants can be used to de-toxify the soil on their own
>>
>>74230773
i hope i live long enough for your colonies to tell you to fuck off and wage war for independence lol

the irony
>>
>>74241692
Prehistoric fish and shit, Goblin sharks, Giant squids, all sorts of potentially amazing creatures that we've not discovered yet. Also potentially some old crashes and vanished things from the past.
>>74241673
more the reason to explore imo. That'd be awesome to find a truly 'monster' like thing.
>>
>>74241665
>It's not toxic, or corrosive.
Oh ok.
So it's just cold and low-gravity.
And that's the only other place in the solar system with a real atmosphere?
>>
>>74241568
>There's just not a tremendous amount down there for us to exploit. Oil, and some other minerals, but nothing else is worth the tremendous cost.

RIP Eyebro ;_;
>>
>>74230773

What makes you think that the jews won't sent muslims and other shitskins to mars for diversity?

Or do you think that you can remove jews from power before you start colonizing mars?
>>
>>74230773
I hope I can start-up an immigration business there, bringing somalis with overfilled boat-rockets to mars
>>
>>74241702
This entire thread is theoretical. I'm suggesting a better alternative to mars.
>>
>>74241508
I miss you, Mad :(
>>
Yeah sure. Id enjoy the solitude aswell.
>>
>>74241773
Well, there is a cloud of frozen cyanide about 80km up in the atmosphere, but it only appears at the change of seasons (7 years long) and only over the south pole, 80km up. That's like saying there's too much radiation 80km above earth to live there.

The only problem would be keeping warm, breathing oxygen, and growing food. The same problems you'd have on mars, only you wouldn't need a pressurized suit on titan.
>>
>>74241663
The military have been mapping it for their submarines. They patrol it nonstop.

I don't know if they really mapped the deep area though. But I think they have heightmaps for most of it. They use them to find their own position when needed.

It's hard to scan anything underwater. You can't see far and radars doesn't work. Sonars don't give precise images. You're basically blind.

And the pressure makes building habitats even harder than in space.
>>
That game sucked.
>>
File: face-mars.jpg (129 KB, 918x913) Image search: [Google]
face-mars.jpg
129 KB, 918x913
Reminder that there are pyramids and faces on Mars, Mars used to be colonised by negro space monarchs and there's nothing you white boys can do about it

>inb4 it's not a face hurr durr my white power

STFU
>>
>>74242043
WE WUZ SPACE NIGGER KANGZ N SHIET
>>
>>74242043
WE
>>
>>74241988
Fair enough I'd assume it would be difficult if you go to a good depth since like you said, pressure. Though I assumed radar was pretty solid by this point no? Because I'd assume that the people who went down the Marianas trench would've used extensive radar and that type of tech to map it a bit while down there?
>>
>>74241934
Ah ok.
>The only problem would be keeping warm
At -180C yeah it must be. I guess everything could be nuclear-powered and produce a lot of heat.

Now I remember reading that with the low-gravity and very dense atmosphere, a human could fly if it had wings strapped to its arms. Dunno if that's correct.
>>
File: mars faces.png (637 KB, 918x913) Image search: [Google]
mars faces.png
637 KB, 918x913
>>74242043
>>
>>74242225
I read the same, and watching saturn and it's 20 or so other moons in the sky fall past as you glide your way across the surface gets my dick hard.
>>
>>74242281
Ok let me explain this to you since you're clearly in need of a helping hand to guide you to the ultimate redpill:

>space negro monarchs colonise Mars
>live there for centuries
>their facial structures morph into what we now call "caucasoid" because of Mars' atmosphere and light
>come back to Earth after the Ice Age

and the rest is history
>>
>>74230773
Honestly depends on how terraformed it is.
>>
>>74242218
Nope. Pretty sure there's no radar underwater. The water stops the EM waves after a few meters or some such. No radio (or other EM) communications either. Submarine communications is always a problem (between their bases on earth, or their guided torpedoes, or their buys on the surface, etc). They either use cables, or sonar (which is detectable by other submarines). To receive their orders they often go near the surface and deploy a communication buoy connected by cable.

The US had a system of "extremely low frequency" communication for their subs (one-way, it only sent the periodic orders to NOT launch the nukes (when appropriate)), but it was expensive and made the whales go mad, so they stopped using it. It had two stations on opposite coasts of the US (each with their own power stations (it was power hungry)) and used the whole earth as an antenna somehow (they intersected at the earth's core or something).
>>
>>74242363
Oh yeah.. Saturn would have the best sky view. Especially with an atmosphere giving it color.
>tfw stuck on this gay earth :/
>>
>>74242432
Then why would they build the acurate negro face right next to it and why are there still negros that look just like that roaming around in Africa?
>>
>>74230773
I want to colonize Mars right now.

Mars is what the New World was to Europeans in the past.
>>
>>74242764
because some of them wuzn't KANGZ and wuz actually KUNTZ of course, you'd have also left them behind tbf

the negro face is just a reminder of who they were, you'd think astronomers would have got that a bit earlier but no, an italian nobody had to do it for them

ur welcome
>>
>>74230773
The only hope for the white race is to leave this planet behind and colonize Mars
>>
>>74230773
nigs would mess it up...and jews
>>
>>74242507
https://www.rt.com/usa/319927-us-sonobuoys-submarines-whales/
>>
>>74242858
You're a fucking retard.

Ignoring the fact that the human brain is engineered to recognize faces in every goddamn thing, here's a higher resolution picture to show you how much of a fucking retard you are.
>>
>>74240303
Europa is further away, and the radiation from Jupiter would be overwhelming.
>>
>>74242938
oh yes looks at how they messed up the barren wasteland that was Israel, or every single ghetto in every european city

say what you want about the Jews but they know how to make things work (usually for themselves)

>>74243008
looks like ur mums face in HD, was she a negro space monarch by any chance?
>>
>>74230773
only if I can take my ducks
>>
>>74243008
Still an odd shape. Wouldn't be that hard either to send a nuke with the vessels that travel to mars with rovers and WOOPS something happened. Not like anyone would notice.

Personally, I won't believe anything until I experience it personally.
>>
>>74242987
Eh, neat. I guess with so many buoys they can just go near one and have their messages relayed by sonar. Too bad it apparently still makes the whales go mad though...
>>
>>74240951
>>74241505
>>74241586
Callisto would be the best Jovian moon to settle, as it's just outside Jupiter's main radiation belt.
>>
>>74243008
Don't try to reason with italians, you'll loose all the time
>>
>>74243297
I couldn't tell what country it was because the only flags on the moon were the American flag, and because of radiation, the French flag.
>>
>>74233831
This would be actual heaven
>>
>>74243297
tbf I was clearly shitposting I thought it was obvious
>>
File: moon-flag-white.jpg (40 KB, 585x400) Image search: [Google]
moon-flag-white.jpg
40 KB, 585x400
>>74243351
>and because of radiation, the French flag
kek
>>
>>74242858
>because some of them wuzn't KANGZ

So that means that we're the KANGZ and they have no relation to KANGZ because they were never on Mars? Got it.
>>
>>74243155
Yeah it's sad. Apparently Dolphins swim up sometimes bleeding out of their ears.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywaKV8su94U
>>
>>74243411
You're not as good as Australia. When I want a good laugh I'll look at your battles in WW2.

You greasy pasta-nigger.
>>
File: golden buddha kek.jpg (40 KB, 366x488) Image search: [Google]
golden buddha kek.jpg
40 KB, 366x488
>>74243496
>When I want a good laugh I'll look at your battles in WW2.
>>
>>74243469
>“Sonars can confuse and disorient them, terrify these animals,” Allen said. “Animals exposed to sonars have been known to rapidly change their depth in an attempt to escape the noise. This causes them to bleed from their ears and eyes,” she said, adding that whales and dolphins often beach themselves in their attempts to escape sonar.

God.. dammit...
>>
>>74230773
Other then mars being basically a massive desert I would probably go there when prices a low and shit. Other then that there's nothing to do on mars

>>74241823
Whites aren't going to be the only people traveling space mate

China, Russia, Europe, USA and possibly India will have a stronger foothold in space
>>
>>74244042
>and possibly India

Dear god...no...
>>
>>74244120
It's true tho their space program one of the only things in there government which is not corrupt and actually do shit
>>
>>74244287
>actually do shit
Which reminds me...
>>
>>74243496
We won 2 world wars cunt
>>
>>74244725
It's easy to say you won when you fight on both sides you spineless donkey herders.
>>
>>74230773
>Would you ever want to colonize Mars
Yes. And we'd damn well get independence too since urbanized terra can go fuck off. Hell, with space crafts, we could probably fling a rock at earth.
>>
>>74232299
Don't worry, when the nigger migration starts they'll all die on the way to Mars anyway. Because locking them up for the entire journey would be racist.
>>
>>74243461
It wasn't French when we placed it there. Besides, the fucking Vatican will probably claim that, because a Catholic ate the consecrated Body of Christ on the moon while Neil Armstrong was walking around, the moon belongs to the Catholic Church.
>>
File: Upper Class Cuizine in Europe.jpg (209 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
Upper Class Cuizine in Europe.jpg
209 KB, 900x675
>>74246215
Oh shut up you queer. The Immigration crisis is only manufactured by you fags and some yankee(American wannabe Euros) fucks to "justify" imperialism as you claim that "only colonization can solve the problem" despite it being YOU FAGGOTS WHO FUCKING CAUSED IT.

Fuck, I hope there's a Suez Crisis 2.0 that involves us nuking you eurofaggots.
>>
>>74244725
No you didn't.
>>
>>74246381
>implying it's not because your SJW epidemic turned into a pandemic
If European countries didn't want American culture so much the shitskin problem would only be a Swedish thing.
>>
>>74246652
We're not going to apologize for being too dominating.
>>
The colonists are dependant entirely on the country who founded the colony being able to constantly send very expensive deliveries to them.
If america goes to war, goes broke, whatever, the colonists are fucked.
Mars simply doesnt have the resources to become self sufficient.
If the want to build a new wing for their growing population, all the metal, electronics, chemicals, whatever has to be shipped from earth.
Anything from earth is also going to take many many years to arrive, so deliveries will almost certainly not be sufficient for all maintenance, medical and personal needs.
Also any power struggles or violent conflicts of any scale amongst settlers could have drastic consequences in an environment so confined and delicate.

Jamestown colonists might have been an ocean away from england but at least the air was breathable and the soil had plants.
>>
File: olympus mons.jpg (1019 KB, 1312x969) Image search: [Google]
olympus mons.jpg
1019 KB, 1312x969
>>74230773
I just want to visit Mars, like, now. Always wanted to go there. Photographs of the place just made me want to go more. I want to see the volcano half the size of California.
>>
>>74247434
The view is better on titan, friend.
Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.