[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Europe migrant crisis: EU faces 'populist uprising&
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: dearlove_1938641b.jpg (28 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
dearlove_1938641b.jpg
28 KB, 620x388
>Europe migrant crisis: EU faces 'populist uprising'
>Europe faces a "populist uprising" if it is unable to show people it can control the migrant crisis, former MI6 head Sir Richard Dearlove has said.
>Sir Richard also warned against offering visa-free travel to Turkish nationals, describing the move as like storing gasoline near a fire.
>Sir Richard said the numbers of immigrants coming into Europe over the next five years could run into millions.
The crisis could reshape the continent's geopolitical landscape, he said.
"If Europe cannot act together to persuade a significant majority of its citizens that it can gain control of its migratory crisis then the EU will find itself at the mercy of a populist uprising, which is already stirring," he added.
>He described the UK referendum on leaving the EU as "the first roll of the dice in a bigger geopolitical game".
>The former head of MI6, which gathers intelligence abroad for the UK government
>For the EU to offer visa free travel to 75 million Turks seems to me, perverse

UK CONFIRMED TO BE POSISTIONING FOR RACE WAR

BREXIT FIRST STEP

HAPPENING LEVEL MOVES ALONG

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36304721
>>
>populist uprising

As in people are finally trying to choose representatives that aren't trying to rape them by proxy? EU will show it's true colours if the brits choose to vote to leave EU.
>>
>>74230431
As in revolution dear Finn.
>>
>>74230431
If I understand the EU correctly, the non-elected bureaucratic councils have the authority to override any legislation passed the EU parliament, essentially making the parliament a weak body with no real power.
Is this correct?
I don't live under the EU, so I can't speak for how things really are.
I'm genuinely curious though.
>>
>>74230275
I dont think brexit will pass because they are economically fear mongering the brits. David Cameron literally said that if the referendum passes that it wi be WW3
>>
>>74230577

There won't be a revolution for a while yet. People are a little too comfy for that, but if the economy goes in shambles and the gubbermint can't provide enough bennies to the people, there just might be enough discontent people for such a thing. But that's maybe in a decade or two.

>>74230722

94% correct. Gubbermints still have some say in internal matters, but it's usually beneficial to adhere to EU's wishes for cushy jobs and funding later on. I hate arguing with people who keep saying EU is a free and a democratic place to live in, because the top dogs are not being directly elected into positions of power. These are also the same people that are trying to rush semi-auto rifle ban in all of Europe.

It's fucking bullshit, really.
>>
>>74231164
>94% correct.
Thanks for input.
I have another question.
Is it true that the unelected bureaucrats are paid huge salaries with tax money collected from the member states?
I saw a documentary that said more than 10k EU workers are paid more annually than the PM of UK.
It was the BrExit docu and I know it was biased. I'm trying to get more sides of the situation so I can make an infomed opinion.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>74231461

Yes.
>>
>>74231850
that fucking sucks.
In some ways it reminds me of the politbureau than ran the USSR with the illusion of democracy thrown in to keep the people from revolting. My country isn't that much better, but I really feel the euros now.
>>
>>74230275
THIS IS A WARNING FROM THE INTERNATIONAL INTERNET DEFENSE FORCE. THIS THREAD IS BEING MONITERD FOR SUSPICION OF TREASONOUS DISCUSSION. LEAVE NOW OR RISK BEING PROSECUTED.
>>
>>74232439
You are not my liege
>>
File: 1539989-fran10.jpg (41 KB, 300x474) Image search: [Google]
1539989-fran10.jpg
41 KB, 300x474
>>74231164
Revolution and war is always preceded by Economic uncertainty.

The GFC and then resulting migrant crisis almost read like a history textbook for the causes of European war.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.