[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why they kill me?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: Ceasar.jpg (98 KB, 450x592) Image search: [Google]
Ceasar.jpg
98 KB, 450x592
why they kill me?
>>
>>74207697

because you tossed salad wrong
>>
>yolo
>>
Learned all about him on Hardcore History. Seemed like a decent fellow. Left all his money to the people.

Patricians were total dicks desu senpai.
>>
>>74208006
What episodes of hardcore history are about him?
>>
>>74207809
Edgy m8
>>
>>74208233
'Death throes of the Republic'

Five 1-1/2 hour episodes and one 5 hour episode. Good listening, man.

He goes about 100 years before Julius Caesar up to him.
>>
Are you sure this is Caesar in the pic?
>>
This one is a pretty good explanation of the why did he got killed, as always money makes the world go round.
He was pretty based IMO.
>https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/research/monetary-history-of-the-world/roman-empire/chronology_-by_-emperor/roman-republic-imperators/gaius-julius-caesar/
>>
>>74207697

Because you forwent the 1st rule of being a dictator: trust nobody, including your closest confidants.

Have a plan to murder everyone so that they can't murder you first.

What a piss poor tyrant you were.

If I had the chances in life that you had, my descendants would still be the rulers of Rome in 2016.

You should have also wiped out the Senate as well. There's no such thing as going "half retard" in life.

If you're going to commit to going "retard" then you need to go balls out with "full fucking retard".

You were weak.
>>
File: 1422746303934.jpg (49 KB, 292x293) Image search: [Google]
1422746303934.jpg
49 KB, 292x293
>>74208006
>I just wanted to reinstate a dictatorship, purge dissidents, and dissolve the constitution
>why is everyone being mean to me :((((((((
>>
>>74209973
Look, I only know what I heard from the podcast but it seems like the Republic wasn't doing so well.

A capable and benevolent dictator is by far and away the best form of government and buddy seemed to fit that description.
>>
>>74209973
>I just wanted to reinstate a dictatorship

You do know that roman dictatorships were only for a year or 2 max and that the dictator was elected by the people to deal with issues that the senate couldn't, right?
>>
>"What are you gonna do, stab me?"
>>
>>74207697
He wuz a good boy, he dindu nuffin.
Gave bread to da roman peoples every sunday.
>>
File: Statue-Augustus.jpg (492 KB, 1500x2250) Image search: [Google]
Statue-Augustus.jpg
492 KB, 1500x2250
>>74207697
to lead way for glorious Augustus
>>
You were too good for the world; we did not deserve you. Good night, sweet consul.
>>
>>74207697
He declared himself dictator in perpetuity
>>
>>74211773
Augustus would have been a much better emperor if he had spent some time at creating a established order of succession.
>>
>>74207697
Cuz u wuz a proud black man and brutal and the senaters kno ur power
>>
>>74209973
He didn't purge dissidents, that's what got him killed

Sulla and Augustus did
>>
>>74207697
For the maximum keks
>>
>>74207697
Because bald people have bad genetics and should be murdered.
>>
>>74209973
The Senate was corrupt to the core, Caesar was power hungry, to be sure, but he really did have the Romans people's interests at heart.
>>
>>74212129
he was objectively the best emperor and Rome thrived under him, but yeah it baffles me that he never had sons. The world would be so different if he had had sons.
Tiberius wasn't all that bad either and pretty much continued Octavian's policies. But Caligula was a disaster.
>>
>>74212415
>that he never had sons.
He had. They died. So then he picked other relatives, and good friends, they all died. Augustus lived unbelievably long.
>>
>>74207697
Et tu, pepe?
>>
>>74207697
Because you got dangerously close to proclaiming yourself Rex
>>
>>74212481
He also got cucked hard by his wife, the poor man.
And did Rome ever get any estabelished order of succession? As i always heard it it was never that clear who would get the power when the last emperor died.
>>
>>74212481
his only biological child was Julia.
>>
>>74212928
>As i always heard it it was never that clear who would get the power when the last emperor died.
Usually the Emperor picked his successors. Of course this didn't apply during times of assassination or extreme strife. In the case of Caligula, after his assassination the praetorians went through the palace killing numerous potential heirs and then finding Claudius. Claudius, allegedly looked scared and huddled up on his knees maybe even beginning for his life, they threw their swords down before him, did the roman salute, and proclaimed him Emperor.
He was a good lad. A shame both his wives were cunts. The second being the biggest cunt in history.
>>74213015
Right. My bad. I meant that he intended Julia's sons to be the heirs. But they died before puberty.
>>
>>74209856
>If I had the chances in life that you had, my descendants would still be the rulers of Rome in 2016.

no. because agrippa and augustus did purge the senate. and the judeo/claudian dynasty ceased to rule less than 70 years into the new millennium.
>>
>>74213839
>judeo/claudian
>judeo
Julio-Claudian.
Julio. From the gens Julia.
We're not talking about Jews here.
>>
File: funnyfrog.png (369 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
funnyfrog.png
369 KB, 600x500
>>74207809
>Roman Jokes
>>
>>74207697
Caesar did nothing wrong
>>
File: 1446430954814.png (3 MB, 1650x900) Image search: [Google]
1446430954814.png
3 MB, 1650x900
>>74215376
He trusted Brutus.
>>
>>74209295
It isn't. Romans are black. This is just another whitewashing by the white man.
>>
>>74207697
They thought you were too ambitious, even though Marc Antony offered you the crown thrice, and each time you refused it.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.