[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/pol/ Option 1 or 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8
File: IMG_20160516_171246.jpg (895 KB, 2251x2393) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160516_171246.jpg
895 KB, 2251x2393
/pol/ Option 1 or 2
>>
File: Americans.png (109 KB, 1476x900) Image search: [Google]
Americans.png
109 KB, 1476x900
>>74198789
As pol is filled with angsty, insecure teens, they'll say option A. The correct response is option B.
>>
Those nips had it coming. Besides way more would've died in a ground invasion
>>
>comic sans
>smiley face bullet points

Eat shit you fucking leaf
>>
>>74198922
This.
/thread
>>
>>74198789
Is this a high school paper or some shit-tier college?
>>
>>74198932
Blame my 400 pound teacher for this shit
>>
>>74198789
Anything is justifiable.. And how could you say it can't be justifiable when the US Government DECIDED to do it?
>>
>>74198789
>Grade 11 history
At least pay attention in this class before you come on /pol/ and fall for all the memes. They l i t e r a l l y made this class to end the shitposting on /pol/
>>
>>74199141
>Pay attention in class
Nice joke kek
>>
File: fuckingjaps.jpg (334 KB, 1772x1329) Image search: [Google]
fuckingjaps.jpg
334 KB, 1772x1329
>>74198982
My thoughts exactly.

And option 1. It's just like that syrup licking leaf said. The japs were ready to hand out bamboo spears to the women and children to defend the homeland.

Besides, look what great culture we've created in pic related.
>>
>>74199055
>Anything is justifiable
That's the whole point of an argument anon.

I would argue Justified. Nips were a determined enemy. 'Shock and Awe' displays of force are very effective in changing the enemy's perception of the war. The bombs ultimately saved lives on both sides.
>>
>>74199452
It's a stupid question. I had the same question on that unit. It's not even a question if the item in question is to the benefit of the perpetrators of that action.
>>
>>74198789
We should've dropped them on Russia too tbqh fampai
>>
>>74198789
Yes. Japan fought hard for every shred of land in the Pacific, and their home islands would've been no exception. The planned invasion of Japan to get them to surrender would've been a bloodbath for both sides. The Soviets were also on the way with a fresh declaration of war now that their Western front was secure, and seeing how tightly they held their grip on Eastern Europe, the U.S. decided that they cannot allow that to happen to Japan.
>>
File: Me irl.jpg (69 KB, 500x496) Image search: [Google]
Me irl.jpg
69 KB, 500x496
Thanks for the replies senpai, now who here's actually bored enough to write the whole paragraph LOL

And yes Japan fucking asked for it desu
>>
The fact that we had to drop two justifies dropping one desu. They didn't know when to give up, we had to make their decision for them.
>>
>>74201076
After the first nuke Japan still didn't surrender?

Sorry cba to research this shit
>>
>Comic Sans

I cant take this paper seriously.
>>
>>74201198
Welcome to highschool
>>
The killing of Japanese, and German civilians was totally unjustified. Asians aren't niggers, you fucking retards.
>>
>>74201166
We dropped one on Hiroshima on August 6th, then Nagasaki three days later because they were too stubborn to surrender.
>>
>>74201561
Am i getting this right?

So America told them to surrender, or America would attack Japan, they refused, so America dropped nuke #1. After the first nuke Japan still didn't surrender then America dropped the second one and then they finally surrendered?
>>
>>74198789
Research Operation Downfall and its casualty estimates and you'll have your answer.
>>
File: ningensengen.jpg (110 KB, 519x672) Image search: [Google]
ningensengen.jpg
110 KB, 519x672
The Japanese at the time had a religion that was not unlike Islam. The bombs were necessary to destroy their faith or else they would still go on thinking the world belongs to them.
>>
>>74201694
Pretty much
>>
>>74201694
They announced surrender a bit after the second nuke, under a week I think. But pretty much. If we did a land invasion, more lives would have been lost on both sides.
>>
>>74201033
>me irl
If you're in grade 11 in 2016, you were at best alive for less than 365 days of the 90s.

Also reported for underage.
>>
>>74198789
I'm pretty sure there was a General who was posed the same question.

I'm paraphrasing, but something like this.

>Genanon was it worth all those nippon lives lost to drop the bomb?
>I wasn't thinking in terms of nippon lives lost, but American lives saved.
>>
>>74201763
Weren't they Christian towns
>>
What if the a-bomb had fuck all to do with Japan and it was meant to warn the Soviet Union not to get any ideas?
>>
>>74202111
Grade 12, failed history twice. Fuck off dude.
>>
>>74202928
>failing a class
>in high school
Underage and mentally handicapped. You're the reason Canadians get a bad rap on /pol/.
>>
>>74203141
Not my fault History is too hard for my autistic ass, and is 18 considered underage here?
>>
>>74202928
>Canadian history
>>
>>74202457
Nothing wrong with that either.

In fact, it strengthens the argument for dropping the bombs from a realpolitik perspective
>>
>>74203349
Memorizing names and dates is hard for you? Don't disparage the poor people of the world who have to live with autism. You aren't autistic, you're just a moron.
>>
Sure, there were a fuckton of perfectly legit reasons for dropping the bomb. Sure, the B-29 airdropped mining campaign had shut down 95% of all shipping traffic to the home islands in just a few months, and waiting for Japan to starve out would've cost hundreds of millions more civilian lives than the bombings. Sure, dropping the bomb told the Russians, that they weren't going to get their filthy fucking commie mitts on Japan in their postwar land-grab; which is why japan was rebuilt and became a prosperous country, instead of languishing as a rotten, bankrupt hellhole ruled by tyrannical monsters like all the states the Soviet Union gained control over. But you know what? None of that fucking matters.

All that aside, the truth, the real, honest, brutal truth, is that by 1945, we didn't give a single rotten fuck what happened to those little slant-eyed bastards. By the time we knew about the Bataan death march, we knew all about the POW's who were machine-gunned then dumped into trenches. We knew all about the rape-houses in the Philippines where women were literally raped to death. We'd seen the pictures or our soldiers having their heads chopped off by smirking little cunt cowards with cheap "katanas", so proud of being big bad warriors for the emperor. We'd seen and suffered the length and breadth of the cruelty inflicted by the average Japanese soldier, who was a bully, a rapist, and a miserable little fuck with absolutely no respect for human life. So when we finally reached mainland Japan, believe me when I say we just didn't give a fuck about how "humane" the bombs were. They made our victory easier, and that's all we fucking cared about. And the Japs, to this day, have the fucking gall to bitch and whine about how those mean old Americans nuked them, but they refuse to take responsibility for the wanton murder, rape and cruelty inflicted by their own government.

You reap what you sow, and in 1945, the japs reaped hellfire.

Condensed to fit in 1 post.
>>
File: The Thin Red Line village.jpg (565 KB, 1600x666) Image search: [Google]
The Thin Red Line village.jpg
565 KB, 1600x666
>>74198789
they were out of control and had to be stopped. little boy should have been dropped on an exclusively military target as a demonstration. they didn't need to take out two cities and their civilian populations.

So a mix of Option 1 and 2.
>>
>>74198789
fuck off kiddo
i literary wrote an essay aged 14 on the subject
go fuck yourself do your readings and do your own damn homework
>>
File: waito piggu go home.jpg (27 KB, 300x229) Image search: [Google]
waito piggu go home.jpg
27 KB, 300x229
>>74203693
>Japanese """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""civilians""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>74203548
> Memorizing names and dates is hard for you

For me yes, I have terrible short term memory. Studying doesn't do shit. I'll forget when it comes to tests. If I wasn't so lazy I'd be doing research myself on this assignment.

No need to bash on me dude. chill out
>>
>>74198920
how does it feel to know you are inferior?
>>
>>74203842
>Studying doesn't do shit
>If I wasn't so lazy I'd be doing my own research
So you're too lazy to research this topic yourself, but you expect me to believe you actually take the time to study? Lmao get your story straight you fucking mong. Christ you're an embarrassment.
>>
>>74203701
> Do your own homework
But..why? Getting answers from here is easier then reading through some bullshit wikipedia page for answers,
>>
>>74203946
Well I don't fucking study for 2 hours on end, i just skim through my worksheets when there's a test (lazy).

Done replying to you fucking troll, and it must suck if you care that much about others.
>>
>>74203693

1. Japs didnt have "civilians" all they had were people who hadnt had the need to pick up a weapon yet. Those people were so brainwashed that on okinawa they were throwing their infants off of cliffs, and then the mothers were charging US forces with bamboo spears because of what they were told and believed.

2. Those targets were extremely viable military targets. Hiroshima was a gigantic industrial center, with extensive railheads for tranportation as well as being home to a military headquarters. Nagasaki was one of the biggest steel refineries/manufacturing centers as well has having one of the largest shipyards in Japan. Just because there were people living near by doesnt make them any less of a target.
>>
>>74203551
this
i was always amazed that poor stormweenies try to minimize the holocaust and japanese war crimes (unit 731 much) and then whine endlessly about muh dresden and hiroshima.
>You reap what you sow, and in 1945, the japs reaped hellfire
exactly
>>
>>74204192
>Admits to being too lazy to study
>Admits to being too lazy to do his own research
>Blames failing HIGH SCHOOL history twice on "autism"
I'm not the troll here you inbred moron
>>
>>74204210

Hell, Kyoto was even on the list of targets for the bombs. But we decided to remove it as an option due to the historical, religious and cultural significance of it.

If we wanted to purely go for the MAXIMUM dick kick Kyoto would have been choice #1.

We held back.
>>
>>74204192
>I don't fucking study for 2 hours
Underaged or just a future welfare recipient?
>>
1 of your soldiers is worth more than 6 million enemy civilians. If you disagree with this, you're a piece of shit.
>>
>>74204751
Neither, not a faggot normie who wants to get top grades
>>
>>
File: 1457747210074.gif (1 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1457747210074.gif
1 MB, 360x270
>>74204967
>Iam special
>I don't need good grades

Am I this old?
>>
>>74198789
>>
>>74198922
and it stuck it to the soviets
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.