[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Casting white actors as non-white characters: racist >Casting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 19
File: 4576492-kingpin+movie.jpg (84 KB, 556x640) Image search: [Google]
4576492-kingpin+movie.jpg
84 KB, 556x640
>Casting white actors as non-white characters: racist
>Casting black actors as white characters: progressive

Double standards!
>>
that said
duncan was a good actor
>>
I don't really recall anyone getting butt blasted over Tropic Thunder.
>>
>>74172710
F
>>
>casting white characters as nonwhite: CALL DAVID DUKE, CALL MILO, CALL TRS, CALL DONALD TRUMP, CALL SAM HOIDELBERG

>casting Asian characters as white: lol well just deal with it shrimpdicks u mad we fuck ur women lol muh dik

:^)
>>
thank you for that impiortant and fresh observation
>>
Makes ya think huh
>>
>>74172799
Except we dislike asian people cast as white people too. If I'm going to see a movie about samurai, I want japanese people. Not Tom cruise.
>>
>>74172997
>We

Whites aren't one person :^)
>>
>>74172997
>implying he was bad in The Last Samurai

Plus that movie needed a white boi since it was about a cracker training the gooks in modern warefare.
>>
>>74172662
>whitewashing in reverse
We should call it mudwashing or shitwashing
Or "an Indian shower"

>looks like they gave 007 an Indian shower
>>
File: kingpin makes a point.jpg (17 KB, 384x286) Image search: [Google]
kingpin makes a point.jpg
17 KB, 384x286
>>74172710

Agreed.

for the version of Kingpin they did, he was perfect, hell Kingpin was suppose to be Black originally but Marvel thought it'd be racist if their villain was black.

Go Figure.

also his VA in the 90's cartoon was black too and his voice was perfect for the role, very classy.
>>
>>74173042
That's why he said we you fugging neckbeard
>>
>>74172997
His character was based off of a French guy who went to Japan though. Plus, the movie is about him having to learn and adapt to their culture, not just "OOGA BOOGA WHERE DA CHINESE WOMEN AT?"
>>
>>74172662
Honestly i like this actor. Very charismatic in this movie.
>>
Liberals already created a patch for problem such as this by rewriting the definition of racism.
>>
>>74173125

Maximum kek
>>
They could have cast Duncan as Hermione and I would have called it perfect casting.
The man could play any role, he was a national treasure.
>>
>>74173239
It's not, you virginal cuckold.
>>
>>74172753
That was before being an sjw was the new trend
>>
>>74172662
>talkin shit about my boy
he was the best part of that movie nigger
>>
>>74172799

That's fair, america is a white country, if you don't like it you're more than welcome to help yourself to a tall frosty glass of bleach.
>>
>>74173095
The Last Samurai was a bad movie though.

>>74173485
His role was dull, like the whole movie.
>>
>>74173579
>America
>''''''''white''''''''

That's a good one. 60% consisting of "one half Cherokee and one quarter Irish" isn't white.

Moreover, you just tacitly admitted jews are white seeing as I was referring to casting Scarlett Johansson in the Ghost in the Shell movie :^)
>>
>>74172662
>Casting whites actors as Asians
>Nobody gives two shits
>>
>>74173989

I don't care what you were referring to, in general, whites have the right to do as we please and if they interfere with us we have the right as the biological superior race in all regards to destroy them, the only reason we don't is because many people are too dumb to do the right thing and disregard our inferiors in the lesser races thanks to showing empathy for them, which is an emotion that is below those who espouse proper master morality, once again, if you don't like that you are more than welcome to kill yourself.
>>
>>74174178
>Do as we say, not as we do!
>I-its okay when we do it because we're totally not emotionally fragile and unhinged

Lel you're cuckolds when it comes to metaphysics as well, how sad.

Sorry to break it to you, but the US standard of "white" is laughable. You're not white if you have "1/8th Chickasaw blood", you impotent little boy. You're "white®".
>>
>>74174178
Also jews are superior to you in intellects so by your logicx they have the right to establish a Zionist Occupational Government ;^)

>b-but muh physical prowess muh might makes right

That's nigger logic.
>>
>>74174416

No, jews are not superior, being incapable of handling themselves in any direct conflict or capable of operating in any honest capacity because of their general frailty and irrationality makes them an inferior species even to the niggers, because the niggers are at the very least honest and strong if stupid and incompetent. Morality and strength are what truly matter, not the ability to manipulate people, because when the lie falls off the strong will always destroy the weak, just as they did in all of europe every time the jew was exposed, just as they will in the near future as the far right takes control of america and europe and restores the white man to his rightful place in the thrones of his homelands and conquered territories. Your words have the tone of a man who needs the bitch slapped out of them.
>>
>>74174649
>muh physical prowess nigguh
>might makes right

Sorry, I don't speak nigger.
>>
>>74174063
http://www.highsnobiety.com/2016/04/27/ghost-in-the-shell-hollywood-racism/

Sweden, the world is more cucked than you think (you should know).
>>
>>74173125
>washing
No it should be dirtstaining/mudstaining
>>
>>74172662
i only care if it is a famous caracter of if it is a history movie
>>
>mfw people think hollywood representation is some form of systemic racism
>mfw they couple this with how racist America is

Hollywood exists for one purpose. To get money. As much money as they possibly can per movie. If they can get more money casting a white/black/asian/whatever person as a role, they will do it. It is 0% about race and 100% about business.
>>
>>74172799
Fuck your strawman, casting whites as Asians is also not cool
>>
I don't like when they misscast at all.

Why the fuck is Russell Crowe playing Noah? Why the fuck is Emma Watson playing his daughter?

Why do they always have Brits playing people from the middle East in religious movies?
>>
I really don't care so long as they're a legitimately good actor, honestly.
There's just not a whole lot of good black actors. Your pic was an exception.
>>
File: 1462401395800.jpg (102 KB, 500x224) Image search: [Google]
1462401395800.jpg
102 KB, 500x224
>>74174819
>mfw forgot my face
>>
>>74174720

You do not speak sense, if force is not the final arbiter of all power, then what is? There is no more direct expression of morality than in it's enforcement, those who can destroy are the final arbiters of what is correct regardless of your sad little manlet opinions because disagreeing with them can cost you everything, therefore it is incumbent upon all men to aspire to be mighty. Not that a full bitch mode nu-male like you could understand that dorothy.
>>
File: 1454437320586.png (24 KB, 718x507) Image search: [Google]
1454437320586.png
24 KB, 718x507
>>74174828
>strawmanning is only okay when we direct it towards demographics/groups we don't like

Wow I guess you better write an email to the guys who run the FB page that posts these me-mays
>>
>>74174839
Money. Would you rather see a movie with Russel Crowe and Emma Watson or some no name Arabian actor/actress? Most people would want Crowe/Watson.
>>
>>74174859
>might makes right
That's nigger logic, I don't speak nigger.

>if you disagree with me you're a nu-male
That's a spook.

Try arguing at any time.
>>
I understand what you mean OP, but Michael Clark Duncan was a perfect Kingpin and an amazing actor.

I don't mind white characters being given to black actors IF that actor is good enough to suspend my disbelief and act a perfect match for that role.

So far to this day only Michael Clarke Duncan has succeeded in that.
>>
>>74174976

I have already provided the only truth in this matter that any man needs to know, the strong take advantage of the weak, whether they like it or not, if you don't like it, once again you are more than welcome to end your suffering. I hear a bullet to the head is a swift way to go if not completely painless.
>>
>>74172710
That's because black actors who are shit get filtered out fast because they usually have no charisma or looks to fall back on.
>>
>>74175057
>perfect Kingpin
No he isn't. The perfect Kingpin would encompass every aspect of the character down to a T.

>amazing actor.
Overrated. He's pretty good but far from great.
>>
>>74175074
>keeps on shilling his "ay yo might makes right so imma shoot an kill u fo yo phone" nigger logic

Sorry, I don't speak nigger. Kind of figures that a tripfag would espouse nigger behaviour.
>>
File: ride never ends.gif (121 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
ride never ends.gif
121 KB, 600x600
While OP is correct, I am still surprised they didn't make the nig Kingpin the hero of the movie and change the name of his antagonist to "White-Devil"
>>
>>74172662
Bad example cause Duncans KP was lit AF
>>
>>74175186

You keep saying nigger behavior, but it has always been the way of men to destroy the weaker tribe by force, take their resources, and use them how we please. You only rail against this because you have divorced yourself from manhood itself in an attempt to appease the ideals of r/selected effete bitchmen who cannot understand that what is fair is a decision to be made by conquerors not whiners.
>>
>>74172662
Of course.

Any movement that endorses things like "cultures have an exclusive right to their creations" NECESSARILY imply white culture doesn't exist. Period.
If they didn't, that would imply they do not have rights to big part of civilisation that was created by those pesky whites.
>>
>>74175291
>You only rail against this because you have divorced yourself from manhood itself in an attempt to appease the ideals of r/selected effete bitchmen who cannot understand that what is fair is a decision to be made by conquerors not whiners.
Prove that's an actual fact that you can back up and not a bullshit assumption made by your nigger-logic brain.

Go ahead, let's see your specious "proof" consisting of "hurr u disagree with me that means u must b nu-male beta divorced from manhood".

I'm not a starved-for-attention tripfag like you so I don't feel compelled to attach my real life identity to 4chan :^)
>>
>>74175527

Your disagreement that strength and conquest is a necessary part of both masculinity and successful society are proof enough.
>>
File: flameonmichael.png (1 MB, 1293x675) Image search: [Google]
flameonmichael.png
1 MB, 1293x675
I really don't care about the kingpin being black as being white was not an integral part of his character.

Pic related makes me more mad. Completely shat all over everything about the character. Johnny storm wasn't a criminal drag racer and car theif, he was a thrill seeker but because he gotta be black he gotta be a criminal
>>
>>74175593
Except I didn't say that. You're being presumptuous and putting words in my mouth, like a typical nigger who can't control his emotions.

Also, you can't prove that your opinion on masculinity is objective. Your "take" on masculinity is quite literally a spook.
>>
>>74172799
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>74175685

My opinion is objective because I am stronger than you and you labor under the morality of a weak man, that is all that matters.
>>
liked that john coffee nigger
would have cuckolded with
>>
>>74174063
Wait. Is that guy white?
>>
>>74172662
first of all pay your fucking bills you closet muslim. second, you are correct, jewwood has been doing this for years now.
>>
>>74175742
>My opinion is objective because I am stronger than you
Prove it.

>and you labor under the morality of a weak man, that is all that matters.
Again, prove it.

All you've done so far is shill specious assumptions and subjective spooks that you try and pass off as "opinion". This whole "I'm stronger than you so I'm more right than you" attitude is degenerate behaviour, and you posted that degenerate behaviour decreases societal strength.

Operating off your nigger logic, if I'm stronger than you then I'm fully within my rights to rape your wife and maim your mother, it being okay since you're weaker than I am. If you object to it that's "the morality of a weak man", so just git stronger so Tyrone doesn't rape your wife and home invade your mommy.

Nice logical consistency, nigger!

https://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/74137402/#74138260
>>
>>74172799
>people complaining about the casting
>not the fact that a Live Action Ghost in the Shell movie is being produced by Westerners
>>
>>74175950

Simple, I prove it because you espouse less than a desire to conquer and overcome those who would show themselves as your enemy, from even casual observations this makes me stronger than you because I have not divorced myself from one of the most basic aspects of manhood. If it were not so, you would not be arguing against me right now.
>>
>>74172662

He's a good actor that fits the role and ironically is playing kingpin as originally intended.

That said, vincent d'onofrio also does a great job of playing Kingpin in the Daredevil series.

the double standard is gay as fuck and I'm still bootyblasted about my black Gunslinger.
>>
>>74172662
kingpin was good
human torch was shit
if they end up casting roland of gilead in the upcoming dark tower series, im going to kill a nigger.
>>
>>74176003
>not the fact that a Live Action Ghost in the Shell movie is being produced by Westerners

Japs suck at producing movies on the hollywood scale.
>>
File: 1458630956714.jpg (55 KB, 838x358) Image search: [Google]
1458630956714.jpg
55 KB, 838x358
>>74176040
>Simple, I prove it because you espouse less than a desire to conquer and overcome those who would show themselves as your enemy
Except that's wrong. You're being presumptuous and strawmanning again. That's a series of logical fallacies, not a logically cogent argument. I never mentioned any opinion or position one way or the other on your nigger-logic dilemma.

>from even casual observations this makes me stronger than you because I have not divorced myself from one of the most basic aspects of manhood.
Again, this is a subjective assumption nowhere mired in fact or reality.

>If it were not so, you would not be arguing against me right now.
Nice circular logic.

You really don't have an argument, do you?
>>
>>74176204

On the contrary, your statement that believing in the idea that rule by strength and conquest is "nigger logic" is exactly what I was talking about, also you are clearly a fucking retard.
>>
>>74176204

"hurr durr, i haven't opposed your ideals, I'm just going to argue against them and call them nigger logic" seriously though, kill yourself, the world has enough weak men.
>>
>>74176289
So if I run up to you on the street and shoot you in the back of your head with my USPc and steal your phone, I'm just expressing my masculinity over you.

Nice nigger logic!

>>74176359
>if you disagree with me you're not masculine
>because only people who agree with me are masculine

This is classic circular nigger logic.
>>
>>74176184
Not an excuse. Also isnt DISNEY making that movie? Kill me.
>>
File: Winter is Trumping.jpg (306 KB, 850x757) Image search: [Google]
Winter is Trumping.jpg
306 KB, 850x757
>>74172662
I tasked /tv/ with coming up with a list of at least 3 characters that have had their ethnicity changed for the better.

Now that only includes shows or movies that have source material.

Can you do it /pol/?
>>
>>74172710
First post most depressing post. God I wanna watch The Green Mile now.
>>
>>74176419

And if my friends later hold you down, rape your wife in front of you, then slit both of your throats, that is also fine. Welcome to the real world. The primary social group of men is the gang or tribe, the primary expression of strength is dominance through destruction and conquest. This is the way the real world works outside of your suburb, if you don't like it, become stronger than the people who oppose you.
>>
>>74173125
>Indian shower

apex kek
>>
>>74176571
I didn't say I don't like it, you nigger. I'm basically getting you to admit that you're tacitly defending/espousing the same line of thought that niggers use to justify their chimping out, or the same line of thought that mudslimes use to justify their jihad.

The horseshoe theory is real, and you've proved it again. Thanks, nigger.
>>
File: 1463374047940.jpg (31 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1463374047940.jpg
31 KB, 600x450
>>74176503
And to add to that, keep in mind how many suck ass thanks to muh diversity.
>>
>>74176641

The part you are missing is that western society is already headed in those directions, you argue against it out of fear, embrace it, become a bigger monster than the negroids barking down your door and you may just live to see another rome.
>>
>>74173095
>I would say the same thing, just to be polite. Let me tell you something that might be a bit dangerous. I was raised in Japan. I was schooled in martial arts. I was given the title of master. They take a movie “The Last Samurai.” They have a 5-foot-2-inch little guy, whether he was straight or gay, I don’t know. I don’t care. He had never been to Japan. He doesn’t speak Japanese. He has never held a sword. They make him the Last Samurai. We got 450,000 phone calls [laughs] from everybody in the world saying, “That role was perfect for you. How did that happen?” Most of the people I know didn’t like the film and didn’t go see it. It’s just a classic example of Hollywood and the politics.
>>
File: 1442333119185.jpg (328 KB, 1214x584) Image search: [Google]
1442333119185.jpg
328 KB, 1214x584
>>74176728
Except I don't argue against it, I embrace it. I'm riding the tiger and getting /fit/ while practicing with my firearms every day, brah. I just like pissing cucks like you off and getting you to admit that you espouse the same justifications niggers use to chimp out.

C'mon it's 2016, why aren't you preparing to LARP Mad Max yet?
>>
>>74172662
Leftists are the kings of double standards.

>>74172753
You don't? There was a shitstorm, and they only got away with it because they acknowledged it in the material itself. Either way, it's not even the same thing. Robert Downey Jr.'s character wasn't established in other media. He was a white guy in "blackface" playing a white guy in "blackface".
>>
>>74176836

Ha, fag, You can't just jump on the bandwagon like that after bitching about my viewpoint endlessly. And accusing me of being a cuck, go back to watching the bull fuck your wife and leave the real men to discuss shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (156 KB, 600x451) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156 KB, 600x451
>>74172662
Happens all the time, fampai
https://dissidentright.com/2016/02/02/rewritten-the-erasure-of-white-culture/
>>
File: 1436084290440.jpg (128 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1436084290440.jpg
128 KB, 600x600
>>74176998
>implying I haven't been lifting for 6 years now
>implying I can't squat 4pl8
>implying any of that is "jumping on the bandwagon like that"
>implying my groupings aren't tight as fuark
>implying I broadcast/blog about my personal life on here like some attention-starved tripfags do after they get b8 on twitter 38 times :^)

Says the tripfag who only started posting here at the beginning of this month. Or are you getting emotional because I unveiled your nigger logic? :^)
>>
>>74176045
I still don't understand that casting. I mean, it would have been okay except that race plays a major role later on in the series, and they already have a double - amputee civil rights activist with DID to appease all the sjw's.
>>
>>74177094

No, I'm just making fun of you for being such a pander that you've gone from attacking me to agreeing with me. It's really pretty pathetic, but then, beta hanger ons are known for switching sides out of envy for the better man.
>>
File: 1457556235743.png (449 KB, 1000x721) Image search: [Google]
1457556235743.png
449 KB, 1000x721
>>74177153
>you're a beta if you disagree with me
>you're also a beta if it turns out you were just trolling me and we see eye to eye

There's that circular cuck logic again. You have no sources, citations, or statistics to back up any of your specious assumptions, but you're gonna keep on making bullshit strawman arguments because you're a tripfag whose ego is too mired in 4chan posting to give up.

How sad!
>>
>>74177308

>You agreed with me all along, no seriously, you're not a cuck, you were just pretending to be retarded

kay
>>
File: 1457301196197.png (177 KB, 708x520) Image search: [Google]
1457301196197.png
177 KB, 708x520
>>74172662
It isn't even enough to make them black they have to make them full on Dindu i.e Deadshot.
>>
Michael Clarke Duncan was a pretty GOAT Kingpin though. I agree with the general sentiment though.
>>
File: 1460375092894.jpg (141 KB, 586x614) Image search: [Google]
1460375092894.jpg
141 KB, 586x614
>>74177364
>projecting

What's sad is that you treat 4chan like it's facebook. The things/way people post on here doesn't necessarily have to reflect their real life.

Stick around and lurk moar, you'll learn how things work around here kiddo
>>
>>74173144
I loved this version of kingpin the best, because he has to be at his baddest assery to take on spiderman.
>>
>>74176503

The new Roland Deschain in Marvel's Dark Tower is going to be Black. And no it totally doesn't throw off the deeply ingrained racial motives of the characters...
>>
File: Hitler_trollface_close-up.jpg (9 KB, 165x163) Image search: [Google]
Hitler_trollface_close-up.jpg
9 KB, 165x163
>>74177449

Oh, I know it doesn't have to reflect their opinion in real life, and this certainly isn't facebook, by the way, I'm a national socialist not an anarchist, enjoy your nigger morality, you fag.
>>
>>74172662
American actors have enough money to create their own Hollywood 10 times over, but they rather be flocks of sheep and wait for better times. Some day they will wake up to reality of black people buying Hollywood from Jews before them. Then they will wish Bill Cosby was raping people on live television.
>>
>>74177449
Seriously though, you couldn't even be assed to read my name and realize you were being fucked with this entire time, I'm dissapointed in you anarchist-kun
>>
File: wayne.jpg (24 KB, 241x300) Image search: [Google]
wayne.jpg
24 KB, 241x300
>>74174063
That was the most amazingly bad casting decision ever made. Makes the movie all sorts of fun to watch.

>>74175810
Pi related
>>
>>74177572
What's your country like? I feel like I should learn to play chess.
>>
File: 1441671469086.png (142 KB, 680x408) Image search: [Google]
1441671469086.png
142 KB, 680x408
>>74177521
I'm a trans*midget that identifies as a 5th dimensional native american demon god.

>>74177589
Anarchy is stupid, almost as stupid as the meme that america is a ''''''''''white'''''''''' country

>"1/8th indian blood"
>white

Choose one (1)
>>
>>74176045
>That said, vincent d'onofrio also does a great job of playing Kingpin in the Daredevil series.

That performance was fucking amazing. I'm not a comic book fan, so I have no opinion on whether it was "true to the source material" or any of that -- I'm just going by what they put on the screen, and that just blew me away.
>>
>>74177689

So what layer of irony are we on yet, is this the one where I become a 50 foot tall dick girl and fuck tokyo to death? I count at least 4.
>>
>>74177754
His scenes are by a wide margin my favorite in this series. He's so fucking awesome.

I really was on the edge of my chair when he fights frank in jail. Lol fuck.
>>
>>74177677
I though American game of choice is poker.
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.