[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why America is so good at entertainment ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: PawnStars.jpg (101 KB, 750x400) Image search: [Google]
PawnStars.jpg
101 KB, 750x400
>first scene, 4 obese guys throwing bantz and challenging each other
>random dude brings old trash
>5sc of history about trash
>asks for far too much money
>letmecallanexpert.jpg
>expert comes, say it is good/bad shit
>"X$"
>"No, I have fees to pay, X/2 $"
>"X/1,25"
>thinkingintensifies.jpg
>"X/1,50 and it is my last offer"
>"Welp...deal !"
>"I let you do the paperwork with Chumlee"
>Guy is interviewed after this purchased
>"I'm happy to have bought this random shit n°13343435, it will look great in my shop" + random pun
>funny scene with the same 1-4 guys
>random dude brings old trash
>rinse and repeat
>litteraly watching guys working in a shop and doing unfunny pranks or lame comedy sketches
>watching 4 episodes in a row without realizing it
>hypnotized.jpg
>shit is broadcast on a french public channel almost 24/7
>better than 99,5% of the national tv content

HOW !?
Your whole civilization is that, fucking tv entertainment, you even went on the moon just to show it on TV.

(post your fresh rick memes)
>>
>>74167306

Pawn Stars is staged you peasant.

all the customers are actors, their shit is not really for sale, producers are running around telling everyone what to say.

the shop is usually closed to normal customers.

not a single thing is true. and you fell for it.

I used to love the show, until I smelled bullshit
>>
I fucking hate all this auctioneer/pawn shop cancer going on all those popular science channels like discovery and history channel.

Fucking hell the one show with the skinny guy and the fat guy driving around in their white truck was entertaining but good lord why did it have to spawn a whole new genre?

The only channel I watch nowadays is NAT GEO wild because it's the only one free from this garbage.
>>
>>74167586
This is a lie. I've met people who went to the Pawn Stars store before, they tell me they're scam artists and sell fake shit.
>>
>>74167586
Oh gee who woulda thought.
>>
>>74167586
I've actually been to the pawn stars shop, it is real you can purchase the items they have, I watched it happen while I was there.
>>
>>74167586
Except the store being so empty in the show is a lie, when they get a interesting sale they probably kick most people out to film it, because there is lines around the block to get in ussually
>>
>>74167709

let me correct myself: the shop is closed to normies WHILE they're filming.
>>
File: The_History_Channel.png (62 KB, 1000x589) Image search: [Google]
The_History_Channel.png
62 KB, 1000x589
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SfWO11oqMs
>Tales of the gun
>Entire days dedicated to single war subjects
>I miss tales of the gun
>>
>>74167586

>all the customers are actors

Proof ?

Of course the objects are searched before and they don't film when the shop is open and crowded but the place seems not fake at all:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIR9S57Vd_M
>>
>>74167598
American Pickers so comfy
>>
>>74167306
That third guy needs to grow a tash
>>
File: 1437935629272.png (56 KB, 401x372) Image search: [Google]
1437935629272.png
56 KB, 401x372
>>74167962
>liberals want to remove guns
>>
>>74167306
haha, great greentext senpai
>>
>>74168017

the place is real, but the deals are not.

people actually get money to show their interesting items and a fake deal is made.
it's so staged I can't even grasp american mentality. they have a deep fear or reality: the show could actually work without all the staged shit, just ease up and let it flow
>>
>>74168175

fear *of* reality
>>
American Pickers is my guilty pleasure
>>
Where are the Rick memes ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtpjGGidWE4
>>
Chumlee recently got busted for drugs and a bunch of illegal weapons. I have been to the store, there is more t-shirts and junk than stuff to buy unless you flash some cash. I got an amazing deal on a vintage strat there..but I didnt see any of the "Pawn Stars" and I wonder if they even work there anymore. With how successful that show has been, and taking into account they were already wealthy before the show..they probably dont have to.
>>
>>74168275

can't stand the tall guy, he's always sreeching like a whore.

also, it's staged as well. you don't really believe history channel has money to send around a film crew for an endless search til they find one cuckshed to search? time is money, staged shit is staged because it's cheaper
>>
>>74168413

I know it's staged

I miss 24/7 modern marvels marathons
>>
>>74168413

It is real in the sense that they actually do find the stuff and negotiate. They just re-film most of it to make it more dramatic or funny. They also have a fleet of vans that follow them around for production and further storage.
>>
>>74168175
>the place is real
They film on a duplicate set of their shop.
>>
>>74167852
It's ackshully a set they purpose built for uninterrupted scenes without hordes of people running around. They only use it for the tight counter shots or the rare items--notice how only a couple of "pedestrians" come in during those.

>>74167306
And you answered your own question man. Our whole lives are entertainment. Why wouldn't we be good at it?
>>
>>74168546

I don't know man. americans are so talented, so many great and creative shows ruined by their elemental fear of the ups and downs of reality. this ruined TV for me. I don't buy anything anymore, if it's american. what a wasted talent!

I'm not into Steel Buddies. it's a german show about and incredibly based greek genious. 100% real
>>
>>74168575

I've read a comment from a guy who was thrown out of the shop due to filming. but a duplicate set sounds plausible. fits well into the american perception of 'reality"
>>
>>74168700

I'm *now* into Steel Buddies
>>
>>74168799

There is no duplicate set. They do close for filming. They recently built a huge addition to the shop.
>>
Bow down you French toad faggot
>>
>>74167306
fat fuck in on left is doing time for guns and drugs, has an upcoming rape trail too.
>>
>>74167962
I know it's a meme at this point but I really do miss old History Channel.

Some of my best childhood memories are just hanging out with my Dad watching WW2 documentaries, Modern Marvels, etc. I've known the name Reinhard Heydrich since I was about 10 years old thanks to that shit.
>>
>>74168851

there should be term for "intense phobia of the randomness of unstaged reality in american TV shows"
>>
>>74168407
How much was the guitar anon? Also what year.
>>
>>74169063

64/65 transition year Strat. I paid $5700, this was 4 years ago.
>>
>>74169257
>noise maker
>worth a small car

No
>>
>>74168851
>http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/index.php?threads/so-im-likely-going-to-be-on-pawn-stars.107984/

It's a set bro.
>>
>>74169560

I am a professional musician so I can justify it. It is worth more than what I paid and it is a really nice sounding guitar.
>>
>>74169719
I was just trolling, I have no musical talent
>>
>>74167586
who cares?
>>
>>74169704
There's no question it's a set, there's literally laws in Nevada that forbid regular filming in actual places of business.
>>
Because America is a joke
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.