[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has there ever been a better personification of a pseudo-intellectual
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: download (81).jpg (6 KB, 201x251) Image search: [Google]
download (81).jpg
6 KB, 201x251
Has there ever been a better personification of a pseudo-intellectual liberal?
>>
>>74156824
look in the fucking mirror
>>
Dawkins is pretty red-pilled on immigrants and muslims.

Le science black man is the one you want.

Hell since I'm here might as well make a list:

john stewart
john oliver
NDT
Banana dude
Michael Moore
>>
>>74156824
I don't think you know what "pseudo" or "intellectual" means.

Physical empiricism is greater than philosophy on every level in the modern world.
>>
He is pretty fucking clever, I think.

He has made a living by telling decadent westerners that the basis for their ethics is bunk, and he's basically given them an intellectual framework for their godless nihilism.

Dude saw a growth market and he plowed into it. I respect him for that.

You will never go broke telling modern westerners that there's no sky man and that it's okay to shove dragon dildos into your ass.
>>
File: 93719078ea703430e3adbb817c147c.jpg (25 KB, 650x365) Image search: [Google]
93719078ea703430e3adbb817c147c.jpg
25 KB, 650x365
>>74156824
>>
File: Australia_flag_003.png (262 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Australia_flag_003.png
262 KB, 400x300
>>74156824

You could pick on a lot of people.

But, you chose Dawkins.

AusFAILia. Again.
>>
>>74157183
That's literally the definition of pseudo-intellectual. Someone who's clearly capable of advanced thinking in certain paradigms, but can't apply near the same level of common sense to their broader worldview.
>>
>>74157513
>common sense
Have you thought of a life on the stage?
>>
>>74157513
I'm confused as to what he's being so myopic about.

Please don't unload some hermeneutics gobbledegook.
>>
>>74157089
>pretty red-pilled on immigrants and muslims.

oh, I guess that's why he focused 98% of his effort on attacking christianity
>>
>>74157513
>That's literally the definition of pseudo-intellectual.
Except that's literally not the definition of pseudo-intellectual. The literal definition of pseudo-intellectual is:

noun
>a person exhibiting intellectual pretensions that have no basis in sound scholarship.
>a person who pretends an interest in intellectual matters for reasons of status.
adjective
>of, relating to, or characterized by fraudulent intellectuality; unscholarly:

Dawkins is none of those things.
>>
>>74158077
>i'm christian so he must have been attacking ME the most
He attacked all forms of organized theistic religion. You may have felt an emphasis on christianity because christianity was the dominant religious force in the US/canada for the past few decades and most likely to have direct impact on north american law and legislation. Nowadays this state is shifting in favor of islam, and Dawkins certainly hasn't been shy about attacking them too.

If Dawkins has one flaw it's that he's a bit too old to be really hip to modern internet communication. His decades worth of books and debates are much more effective and insightful than his admittedly sometimes clumsy tweets.
>>
Magic Science Space Monkey
>>
I think that there is nothing wrong with the old guy. He is also respected at his real scientific field (evolutionary biology)
>>
>>74156824
I know /pol/ likes being edgy as a form of distancing themselves from fedoras due to shared religious beliefs, and I know Dawkin's lectures on religion aren't exactly mega bleeding edge, but he is or was a real nigga scientist, with real contributions to the scientific field, most notably the gene centered theory of evolution.

Besides, he clearly dislikes radical islam apologists and neo postmodern leftism in academics, so I really don't know why people use him as a target.
>>
>>74158077
t. someone who has never actually looked at anything Dawkins has said that hasn't been past through a /pol/ filter and ran through 7 different spin machines

He regularly shits on Islam and has outright said that he still see's himself culturally as a Christian, and that Christianity is far better than Islam.
>>
>>74158077
He's talked about and debated plenty of muslims. He regularly uses muslims as an argument when talking about the ridiculousness of modern feminism.
>>
File: le based dawk.png (40 KB, 488x456) Image search: [Google]
le based dawk.png
40 KB, 488x456
>>74158077
He hates mudslimes more.
>>
>>74156824

poor Dawkins dedicated his whole life to fight the wrong religion, noticed it way too late, and got an stroke for doing the right thing.
>>
>>74158091
If anything that "Not an argument" meme factory is the pseudo-intellectual
>>
>>74158077
rly? i never saw any other scientist or popular figure attack muslims as much as he do. he even said that christianity was our only shield agaisnt mudslimes.
>>
>>74156824
See
>>74157210
>>
File: 1407991591821.jpg (71 KB, 394x394) Image search: [Google]
1407991591821.jpg
71 KB, 394x394
>>74157089
>tfw agreeing with a turk

>>74158077
Wow another fagpost from a canadian wow I'm so glad I heard your opinion wow literally wow
>>
>>74159476
XD
>>
File: 1457802866691.png (574 KB, 1225x850) Image search: [Google]
1457802866691.png
574 KB, 1225x850
>>74157089
This roach is right, for once.

>le science blackman

Tyson's atheist folk hero status aside, dude politically is actually kinda pro-republican. He's had multiple Interviews wherehe's praised Bush and Republicans for being pro space travel and giving more finding to science than liberals.
>>
>>74158980
>some useful idiot

He knows.
>>
>>74159170
>Dawkins
>not fighting Islam since day one
>not also embarassing retarded creationists
>>
>>74156824
He's actually contributed significantly to the field of biology. Plus his books on religion are legitimately fairly well written, he's just a terrible debator.
>>
Hey maaaan, if you don't like religion you just don't get it. It's actually all about the catharsis you get during the rituals and the sense of community your feel when your priests rapes one of the neighbourhood kids, maan. You should read some Jung, you know!? My humanities degree makes me an expert on the subject.
>>
>>74156824
>>74158077

I don't get it. Where did you guys come from? Did ledditors in 2009 acquire a time machine? It's like your only knowledge of Dawkins came from that South Park episode.
>>
>>74159807
Will agree, I feel when he debates he just gets walked over. Hitchens on the other hand would rock people.

I miss Hitch.
>>
Dawkins is alright most of the time

Bill Nye is far fucking worse
>>
>>74160568
Bill Nye the Bachelor of Engineering guy
>>
>>74158077
The SJWs hate Dawkins because he shits on Islam regularly on twitter.
>>
>>74161559
Sounds like he just isn't an hypocrite. I mean, with all the shit he said about christianity, why would he somehow like islam? What did they expect? It's to 75% the same religion, except muslims take it seriously.
>>
>>74161754
He has actually said that while he vehemently dislikes organised religion, Christianity has done far more good for the world than Islam ever has. Triggered the leftists hard.
>>
>>74156824
Fuck off. Dawkins is the most based atheist alive.
>not afraid to call out Muslims
>admitted Christianity is not so bad
>is an actual scientist with a PhD in biology (no meme degree like Bill Nye)
>>
File: Bill-Nye.jpg (68 KB, 425x250) Image search: [Google]
Bill-Nye.jpg
68 KB, 425x250
>>74156824
this piece of shit
>>
>>74161957
Fair enough. But again, we as a society largely don't take our religion seriously. At best it's something we do on lazy sundays, but I sure as shit do not change my diet over it. Muslims really believe theirs, which is the problem.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.