[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should we ban science?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 121215_CRISPR_opener.jpg (80 KB, 860x460) Image search: [Google]
121215_CRISPR_opener.jpg
80 KB, 860x460
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYu0EuVJnE8

>CRISPR gene drives allow scientists to change sequences of DNA and guarantee that the resulting edited genetic trait is inherited by future generations, opening up the possibility of altering entire species forever.
>>
>>74149389
science is the last hope for the white race
>>
>>74149389
fuck urself kid
>>
>>74149389
Don't worry. Scientists know how to edit DNA sequences very well, but they are next to clueless when it comes to designing novel, functioning proteins.
>>
>>74149432
>>74149454
if you watched the video, you would have seen the part where she says " grad students can use this technology to alter an entire species"

you could basically whipe out any species you like with "gene drives".

insects obviously faster, since their lifespan is short.
>>
>>74149389
Are you kidding, OP? If anything this is further reason to support science.
>>
>>74149389
I hope they design something that make sure your son is born as a slave race, strong, pliable, doesn't question orders.
I'll be the first in line.
>>
>>74149562
imagine if someone finds out how to use genedrives on bacteria and viruses.

>>74149674
you missed the part where she says "grad students can use this technology"
what mechanism is there to stop ISIS from kidnapping scientists and forcing them to use this technology against western civilisation
>>
>>74149736
>ISIS from kidnapping scientists and forcing them to use this technology against western civilisation
I hope they do, the world is too white
>>
>>74150051
you cant really use this technolgy on humans in short spans (would take 1000 of years)

also, it kills of diversity. as you can see, it spreads the same gene across the species.

but I'm sure its just a matter of time until someone figures out how to replace all mosquitos with zika carrying mosquitos.
>>
>>74149736
> how to use genedrives on bacteria and viruses.

By definition gene drives cannot be used to engineer viruses or bacteria.

But there is no need to, genomic editing of viruses and bacteria predates CRISPR and is extremely easy to carry out.
If the world was truly going to be fucked by engineered viruses and Bacteria than there is no reason it would happen now any more so than twenty years ago.

Anal
>>
>>74150407
you could engineer insects which are prone to getting infected by some virus.

this way you could spread current uncurable viruses into human populations.
>>
>>74149389
I can't wait for them to breed out stupid right wingers forever :^)
>>
>>74150538
I'm not very creative, but I get 1000 ideas of how to abuse this.

>genetically ingeneer mosquitos who can transmit HIV virus
>>
>>74149736
>what mechanism is there to stop ISIS from kidnapping scientists and forcing them to use this technology against western civilisation
The fact that we don't live in a disney movie.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.