[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tipping
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 5
File: f33c7d_1_.jpg (120 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
f33c7d_1_.jpg
120 KB, 640x400
There is nothing wrong with not tipping your waiter. However, you should notify your waiter that you will not tip before you order your food. If you cannot do that, do not go to restaurants
>>
sounds like a great idea if you want spit on your food
>>
>>74149130
No. You will just get less priority relative to those who do tip. There is nothing wrong with telling the waiter up front that you wont tip.
>>
>go to restraunts infrequently, never more than once or twice per year
>hardly ever go to the same place twice
>don't make enough to be liberal with tips
I'll tip if I thoroughly enjoyed the experience, if it's just some generic shit the kitchen microwaved and sent out with a uncaring waiter, then they get dick all
>>74149238
>There is nothing wrong with telling the waiter up front that you wont tip.
doesn't that defeat the purpose of tipping? if they want a tip they should work for it
>>
>>74149053
Fuck your delivery drivers, too. They don't have much at stake for driving in your shitty neighborhood :)
>>
>>74149292
If they dont get a tip from you they shouldn't go out of their way to provide superior service to you over someone who may tip
>>
Pathetic that one must be tipped to do a good job. If they dont pay you enough then change jobs.
>>
>>74149053
Just put the food prices up and let the employer cover it in the wage, rather than letting servers extort customers with the threat of mistreatment.

The American negroid-caucaus mutt race are truly a band of savages.
>>
There is nothing wrong with not tipping if you don't feel well served.

A tip is an incentive for a waiter to put a little effort into his job.
Only amerilards came up with the idea that even bad service deserves to be tipped.

I tip the pizzaman because he has to climb on the 4th floor.
At the restaurant I usually round up to an even number plus throw a coin or two if I have a spare one if the waitress a qt.

If you do otherwise it's rightfully so to deem you as "silly" to say the least or straight up retarded.

Sorry OP
>>
>>74149390
they don't know who is going to tip and who won't
how hard is it to provide good service to everyone regardless if they will get a tip or not?
>>
>>74149238
you're naive. please tell that to your negress waitress and somehow not be expected to pay reparations
>>
>>74149424
The average waiter is being paid minimum wage. You should expext minimal service. Anything over that is the waiters exceeding expectations.
>>
>>74149053
Ok jacques

get back to the kitchen before my steak is cold dumbass
>>
Why muricans can't pay waiters normal sallary ? Why I should be responsible for calculating how much I should tip them to make them not starve at the end of month? I mean they have boss that should pay them reasonable money for the job.
>>
>>74149545
>employees salary is customers problem
only in us of a
>>
>>74149529
They are paid minimum wage and have other customers to serve.

Just imagine hiring a cheap hooker and expecting superior service. Not how it works.
>>
>>74149658
stop being a hooker then..
>>
>>74149631
>>74149649
Read OP.
>>
>>74149130
This doesn't actually happens. Nobody jeopardizes their job over a tip
>>
>>74149545
If they exceeded expectations at any point in their career they wouldn't be a waiter right now
>>
>>74149053
>angry waiters shill here every day
>select all sheds

SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE
>>
>>74149717
>There is nothing wrong with not getting tip from your customers. However, you should notify your employer that you will not work unless you get decent salary. If you cannot do that, do not work as a waiter.
>>
>>74149778
Some waiters are college students making money to pay bills. Also, not everyone in this world is chasing a career. Some people are okay with basic income.
>>
>he pays in cash
>not paying with visa or debit and just skipping the tip section on the machine

srsly retarded family
>>
>>74149337

Fuck people like you. I use my own vehicle and our delivery range is so great it goes from literal ghettos where robberies are frequent to gated communities where celebrities own houses to be close to the city.

In just over a year I have put around 40k miles on my car just from delivering. The only reason I work this job is it fits around my college schedule and I make more than twice the minimum wage.

But us drivers will look at the name on our tickets, and if it is a blatantly black sounding name we'll announce that we're about to get stiffed. Even the black drivers do this.

If you don't tip your delivery drivers you are literally a nigger. They are the only ones who don't tip, besides fat autists that have mommy pay by credit card and leave the tip section blank on the receipt.

I can understand not wanting to tip waitresses but come on man I'm technically making less than minimum wage in my own vehicle so you can shove shifty pizza down your fat gullet.
>>
>>74149882
>letting the gubbamint track you easily with the jew's plastic
>>
>>74149910
>>74149833
So someone should quit their job because of some spineless cuck like you? OP says its 100% ok not to tip. Just notify your waiter. If you cannot get the courage to do that then you are a total cuck.
>>
>>74149695
sorry but somones got to suck these dicks. You're not going to do it, are you? too good to suck dicks, but the moment you need you're sucked you won't even say thank you for those of us who have to put in a hard days work to make sure that shaft gets worked properly
>>
>>74149893
I always try and tip the pizza guys and gals the most I have because of Fry from futurama. I just think delivery people are the best, something about the idea of using are vehicle to transport food fascinates me. A very red pilled job because you decide the route and how the food gets there.
>>
>>74149893
>Fuck people like you.
So fuck delivery drivers? That sounds silly, coming from a delivery driver.
>>
>>74150040
how exactly would i know in advance that the waiter is lazy fuck thus not deserving the tip before he serves me?
if you cannot understand this you're probably a retard, so at least i can understand why you're not getting tips..
>>
>>74150070
smoking crack is also a neccessary job, right?
>>
>>74150253
Some people 100% will not tip regardless of service received.
>>
>>74150111

Yeah the way I try and describe it is that you're almost a contractor. You help out in the store as much as you want but at the end of the day you decide everything for yourself.

Just a couple of weeks ago one of our guys got held up at gunpoint. At the same time I'm delivering to neighborhoods that Oprah and Nicholas Cage have condos in.

I've never been robbed but there were more than a few times crack whores have tried inviting me into dark motel rooms.

Seriously, please tip your drivers. They're risking their lives unlike servers. Depending on what statistics you go by, it's the 3rd most dangerous job, including traffic accidents, while police are like #20.

They're all mostly college kids and I always try to make nice conversation with my customers. Pizza guy says you got a cute dog or a nice property, throw him a couple extra bucks. Nothing brightens their day other than a nice meaningful tip in a world of cheap fucks.
>>
>>74149456
Desu. I only tip cute white girls.
>>
>>74150341
As is their right. You can think of them anything you like, but the moment you start feeling entitled to free money you're lower then them..
>>
>Le be amercian

>Go visit Europe

>Plane lands I applaud

>In le airport take off shoes pants leave 2 oz of sample of blood semen in Ziploc

>Sir you don't need to do that Just walk through the metal detector

>nein le englsh

> Sir I'm speaking English

>Go directly through metal detector do not get irradiated do not get groped by TSA

>Tip the security guard 5 euro because that is the smallest paper money
>>
>>74149893
>Get shit jeb
>Blame people who keep your employment alive.
Sudoku yourself. Or your boss. You might as well trash talk your own boss than trashtalk us. Give us your name, and jew corporation name. My legion of 6 billion chinks will boycott you.
>>
>>74149813
What is it with newfags thinking sage is a downvote?
>>
>>74150568
pooinloo
>>
>>74149053
I was posting in a tipping thread right before I went to work this morning. I'll post a similar statement.

I'm a manager at a pizza place where the whole in-house crew splits their tips (drivers keep their individual tips and they make as much as the in-house crew makes before the split). I do literally every single job in the store (I was a driver before my promotion), I clock on hours before my night crew arrives and I'm the last one to clock off even if that means staying for an hour and a half finishing up the closing duties by myself (which is what happened tonight).

I feel absolutely no sympathy for waitstaff. Waiters and waitresses do 1/10th my job, all they do is take orders and deliver it. Those two things are the two easiest parts of my job. Never mind the fact that I have to prepare the food, actually make and cook the food, bus the tables when you're done, wash the dishes after you leave, clean the kitchen when the store is closed, and do the deposit paperwork after all of the other employees are already home smoking pot. Even then I don't feel like my job is worth the wage that it is (I make $11/hour so I can't say I work for minimum wage, but I live in California where the minimum is $10/hour).

I thank my lucky stars that I make $20 in tips per night because it puts gas in my car, which I use to get to and from work. Tips aren't a huge boost to my income and I pity those who rely on it like it's some god given right. In 3 hours I do more work than waiters do in an entire week and I'd never be caught dead talking shit about customers who don't tip. Millennials (my generation) are ruining this society from the inside out and their undeserved entitlement sickens me to my core.
>>
>>74150603

>shit job

Like I said, I earn decent money from it. But the only people who don't tip are blacks (99+% of the time) or fat greasy autistic fucks, and the name on the ticket is clearly their mother's.

What part of college student didn't you understand you fucking shitskin? With the credentials I have already I could have a nice paying job, but I need something that will work around my schedule.
>>
>>74150717

You're a miserable miser! We have our own desginated shitting streets while you shit in the malls and whale-marts
>>
>>74149893
I really don't understand why your boss isn't covering your fuel expanses
Sounds like youre getting cucked. I never tipped but if I was in the US I would cuz you guys clearly get fucked over. Even though I wouldn't want to because I would be perpetrating a shitty system
>>
>>74149238

Waiters are the worst kind of people. They collectively hold your food hostage if you don't think writing cheeseburger on a piece of paper is worth tipping over.
>>
>>74150929

Well at my company my boss has no say in the matter. I make ~$6/hour on the road, and 7.25 while I'm at the store.

Luckily I got grandfathered in at my pay rate as our store got purchased by another company, so most other drivers make like 4$/hour.

But like I said, unlike servers we risk our own vehicles and lives. Robberies are frequent, as we cover a large area in the Chicago suburbs.
>>
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 485x723) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 485x723
>>74150811
Well memed
>>
>>74150929

Oh, and I forgot to mention, "fuel expenses" are paid by a 6.75% commission rate, as in, we get 6.75% of the cost of each order we deliver, on top of the tip and our wage.
>>
File: 1445210352765.jpg (67 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1445210352765.jpg
67 KB, 600x600
>>74150111
>something about the idea of using are vehicle to transport food fascinates me.

Is that because usually youre the one being transported to the food in a vehicle you fat fuck ?
>>
>>74150435
>conversation with the delivery guy

Americans are really fucking weird desu senpai
>>
>>74149238
Because carrying a plate 20 meters is such a huge effort?
>>
>>74151322

Yeah keep playing starcraft in your creepy Internet cafes to the point of dehydration. Us Americans are clearly the weird ones.

>can't wait to vacation to your country to give your plastic surgery dolls the BWC
>>
>>74151269
I am under weight you jerk! I have zero muccle and look like Steven Jobspost Cancer. Thanks for making fun of me.
>>
>>74150435
Will do, cheap fucks disgust me. Also did you ever realize that cheaps fucks are always bad with their money?
>>
>>74151686
That's probably why they have to be cheap tho
>>
>>74150737
You're not managing effectively then. I'm a manager at a frozen yogurt shop and was doing everything myself as well before realizing I am a manager and have an army of teenagers to do the shit work I was doing before.

Make the waiters bus their own tables. They don't do it fast enough they lose potential tips. They have issues with the change be a manager and fire them on the spot. Hire a couple dishwashers and some kitchen workers and make them clean up after themselves before they can leave. Assign a particular station per employee if that's your system there. It's not their mama's house- they pick up their own messes. Or at least hire a few beaners to do dishes and bus the tables.

This leaves you as a floater to schmooze up the customers and help out wherever needed during operating hours. Cash out/deposit paperwork is an unfortunate perk of being management but while you're doing that everyone else is cleaning the place so you all get to leave earlier.
>>
>>74149053
Make me, faggot. and hurry up with that burger.
>>
>>74151686

Of course, my company (papa John's) offers ridiculous discounts constantly, and it's always stupid niggers that pay full price for their food and look at you dead eye while they leave you no tip, even though you drove 40 miles round trip.

You'd have to be a complete ape to not go on their website and get at least half of your order.
>>
>>74151465
>the BWC
For that you'd actually have do be white.
>>
>>74152775

Blond hair and blue eyes, wannabe poland
>>
>>74149725
Worked in food service industry for two yrs. I can assure you it does actually happen
>>
>>74150785
If you earn decent money then why i should i pay more?
It's not my fault your chose the job you did, its yours. Plus i am fine with some beggar calling me a nigger if I'm gonna save $5
>>
>>74149053
see this >>74150253
I tip for good service and I expect good service.
>>
>>74153747
the food service industry in australia where we aren't cucked and thus don't have tips?

tipping makes me physically mad even though it hardly even exists here

kill yourself tipping burgs
>>
File: 1463356684520.gif (40 KB, 640x416) Image search: [Google]
1463356684520.gif
40 KB, 640x416
>>74149053
> you should notify your waiter that you will not tip before you order your food
This rule must be openly declared by the restaurant in menu.
Also the precentage of mandatory tipping must be openly declared.
Also prices must be written with all "taxes".

And when I write "openly", that means that my mother and father, that go to trip to your shithole to spend their hard earned money, must understand it with knowing just a little of your language and not search in menu if there is any tipping policy or not.
>>
>>74154572
or you can eliminate all tips and make them part of the price of food

because that's what everyone who isn't cucked by jewish store owners does
>>
>>74149893
If it`s so risky, why don't you make delivery zones with different prices and ask for more mandatory payment for delivery in criminal ghettos? Why deliver anything in ghetto at all?

> muh democracy
> muh market
> muh business opportunities
> can't do simplest shit
> blame the client

Fucking retard, I wish you your children get AIDS and die young.
>>
>>74150710
They are coming from guess where
>>
>>74149893
>In just over a year I have put around 40k miles on my car just from delivering.

Just a question

How did we get to the point where the proletariat owns the means of production, but is still a slave?
>>
>>74154754
Restaurant is free to do what it wants to do.
All the rules must be openly and clearly declared.
Any non-declared shit is not a rule.

Also I can tip in Japan. If I want to. If it is not a declared policy not to. I don't care if they are offended by this.
My money is not a shit on the shovel to trow it around like it`s nothing.
>>
>>74155310
great, why not end standard wages entirely for any job that requires frequent interaction with customers?

we can have every public-facing employee subsist on 50% tips.
>>
>>74155425
Don't ask me, ask the service owner.
>>
>>74154843
It's bad for business when you say that one customer has to pay more than another, or you cannot deliver to an area for that reason. even if they should. It's kind of bullshit to be honest. Plus I'm sure there's laws against it somewhere, though I totally agree with you
>>
>>74155961
How is it bad?

> I'm sure there's laws
> I just feel that i'm right
Yeah, basically this.
>>
>>74150341
and others tip 10% more than others, but you never hear stories told about them
>>
>>74149053
>Paying a ransom for clean food
lol, yanks.
>>
File: domicopter.jpg (26 KB, 625x400) Image search: [Google]
domicopter.jpg
26 KB, 625x400
>>74149893
>That'll be $6
>With no tip
>>
>>74149893
>If you don't tip your delivery drivers you are literally a nigger. They are the only ones who don't tip, besides fat autists that have mommy pay by credit card and leave the tip section blank on the receipt.
>coercing people into tipping

Yeah, and if you don't like Obama you're a filthy bigoted racist.
>>
>>74149053
Tipping is in correlation with good service, if you can't have the common decency to tip if the food and service was good, stay in your cave and don't go out.
>>
>>74149053
H s thomson would throw his change on the floor, considered tipping a type of begging.
Also thought if people have to beg for a fair wage they wern't taking enough action to increase their pay
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.