[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There are current movements in both the Catholic and Orthodox
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 575x330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 575x330
There are current movements in both the Catholic and Orthodox churches to soothe any tensions/difference between the two, in hopes of potentially re-establishing communion in the future.
/pol/, discuss.
>>
>>74146896
I'm not fine with blending with refugee feet kissers.
>>
>>74146896
The schizm happened for a reason. History repeats itself.
>>
>>74146896
CRYPTO JEW THREAD
>>
>>74146896
Hopefully not, I'd rather accept pisslam as a sect of Christianity than enter communion with the Serb Orthodox Church
>druglord priests
>pedophiles
>warmongers
>were called "Scum of Humanity" for centuries
>collaborated with the turks more than muslims did but were good at hiding it
>>
>>74146896
To quote the soon-to-be beatified cardinal blessed Alojzije Stepinac: let em return to the true faith and end their byzantine heretic sharade
>>
File: 1459299258230.jpg (57 KB, 706x853) Image search: [Google]
1459299258230.jpg
57 KB, 706x853
>>74146932
yeah this

the catholic church is also heresy incarnate
>>
>>74146896
my mom told me about it

said the cucktholics are too jewish to reconcile with orthodoxy
>>
>>74147703
>heresy incarnite
>said the satanist

Top kek mate
>>
>>74147703

so orthodox is good? or you are protestant?
>>
>>74146896
Ridiculous, there have been massive theological issues ever since the time of Augustine.

To compromise on any of these things is the furthest one can get from legitimacy.
>>
No thanks
Don't want to be associated with Catholics and their priests who can't marry so instead rape kids, accept gays and invaders
>>
>>74147825
Hello my Allah fearing friend. Why is the Greek satanist?
>>
>>74147853
I'm Orthodox like most right wing Greeks. I don't know enough about protestants to have an opinion about them.
>>
>>74147825
Nice flag looks like it was made in ms paint
>>
>>74148013
Don't tell me you support the golden dawn...
>>
>>74146896
Isn't this supposed to lead to the antichrist or the whore of babyon or some shit? It's been awhile since sunday school.
>>
Guys plz.
Bantz are great but let's not go from 0 to "HERETIC".

On a personal note, I'm a Greek Orthodox Christian, and I am personally optimistic about the efforts.
Both sides have a lot to work on that is sure, but I believe a re-establishment of communion with a more unified doctrine could only benefit us.
>>
>>74148188
>unironically hasn't read apocalypse
Are you one of those fashionable christians that are in it for the culture and don't actually read scripture or believe in God?
>>
>>74148122
I might vote for them in the next elections just to piss off rapefugee-loving Greek SJWs but I don't like them, they're like apes like all skinheads
>>
File: mitre-.jpg (44 KB, 575x382) Image search: [Google]
mitre-.jpg
44 KB, 575x382
>>74148188
maybe in an alternate universe where the catholic church hadn't been infilitrated by pagans and jesuits
>>
>>74148251
I have read the majority of the Testaments, though must confess I have never read apocalypse. My priest rarely, if ever spoke about it, and I have heard others simply say they do not like to preach it.
>>
>>74148901
>simply say they do not like to preach it.
Yes, many priests today are all about sunshine and roses, do a bad job of teaching scripture in general. Sad!

Though I disagree with universal literacy, and especially unrestricted access to scripture on principle, I see how the need arose when I look at the largely incompetent, outright liars and anti-christians that make up today's clergy.
>>
File: image.jpg (902 KB, 1500x2057) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
902 KB, 1500x2057
>>74149005
I wouldn't say that at all.
Many of the Orthodox priests I have met are red-pilled, and don't teach the "turn the other check thing" as some Christian cucks want to believe (aside from some really old ones who desu don't have the energy to get excited about redpilled topics.)
>>
>>74149310
You yourself may have a good priest, but I've met many, and spoken with parishioners who succumb to fashions and popular religious whims.

In either case, not having learned Apocalypse is IMO a travesty, though it is indeed a difficult and mysterious text.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.