[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How powerful are groups such as the Mafia compared to the upper class?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 320x240
How powerful are groups such as the Mafia compared to the upper class?
>>
During the height of the mafia, they would often bully the "upper class" for favorable business deals.

As for overall power, really depends on where but they have lost a lot of power due to RICO.
>>
>>74138701
Does the Italian Mafia in NYC for example still hold much influence?
>>
>>74138232
The mafia has to launder there money which is a huge pain in the ass. The upper class average joes money is pretty much all clean so he doesn't have to worry about the IRS curb stomping him.
>>
>>74138770
Not much, some but not much.
>>
>>74138770
Jesus I can't believe ppl still buy this meme. The "Italian" mafia in NYC dies out in the 70s, last gasp was in the 1980s with Gotti.

The actual "mafia" now is Jews (the press calls them "Russian, but not a real "russian" among them). And they are a lot more devious than guineas ever were and steal a lot more.
>>
>>74138944
Do you mean the mob in Russia run by the Semion Mogilevich? They're pretty strong right?
>>
>>74138770

Not as much. Many unions have cleaned up since there are no more strikebreakers and the unions were there connection to business and to an extent government.

Now most of what the mafia does is in the rackets, like loansharking and illicit gambling. They have tried to keep a much lower profile ever since Gotti got taken down.
>>
>>74138944
Nah they're still very much alive and well and active all along the east coast, the thing is these days they are part of the "upper class"

This isn't the 50s anymore, they changed with the times and are not much different than other successful businessmen now
>>
>>74138232
The were really powerful in the early/mid twentieth century. I remember reading somewhere that the Government used their help in WW2. Too many laws now.
>>
>>74139736
The Mobs controlled the longshore unions, in New York City basically having de facto control over them. Many thought that German and Italian spies were going to come through there so the USA made a deal with Lucky Luciano where they would deport him after the war and free him from prison

Also Mussolini hated the Italian mafia, so many other mobsters welcomed his overthrow.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.