[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: JudgeQ.jpg (16 KB, 511x280) Image search: [Google]
JudgeQ.jpg
16 KB, 511x280
Should people be held liable for the crimes of their ancestors?
>>
>>74131935
What no
>>
>liable
no

but the crimes of their ancestors might be a good predictor of their behaviour
>>
>>74131935

Yes. Sons and daughters shall pay for the sins of their fathers.

I hope this has been enlightening.
>>
>>74132021
>but the crimes of their ancestors might be a good predictor of their behaviour
^This, like the news of one of Bin Laden's sons being groomed to follow the path.
>>
>>74132021
There's no conscious connection between your father and you besides genealogy and heredity genes. No one has been able to prove the extension of psychological profiles amongst family/bloodlines.
>>
>>74132499 >>74132320
except from environmental factors*
>>
>>74132499
1) Your parents are normally the ones that raise you
2) There are correlations between genes and behaviour
3) There are correlations between the circumstances of your parents and those of yourself
>>
every people and culture have done war crimes in the past. accusing anyone for the actions of ancestors long gone is silly and childish and shows what little you know of history.
>>
No.
>>
File: I_DO_DECLARE.jpg (17 KB, 350x233) Image search: [Google]
I_DO_DECLARE.jpg
17 KB, 350x233
>>74131935
It would depend if the are directly still in control of assets gained by the subjugation of person or persons.

>former plantation owners grand children who still retain wealth that they gained from the grandfathers exploits.

I wouldn't say a person who immigrated or ancestors had no involvement in the subjugation of person or persons.

Nor should more than what is owed be paid or inability to pay.

There should be no punishment tax on those who did not do something wrong.
>>
>>74132659
I spoke of those correlations, but they are still in theory. Also, there is a huge difference between you're ancestors and you're parents. You're ancestors are my ancestors. At this point in the timeline of Humans and Genealogy, there stands quadrillions of ancestors in your family tree alone and there's not even a millennia worth of generations.
>>
>>74133237
>in theory
They're true, like it or not
>your ancestors are my ancestors
Obviously the further back the weaker the correlation and the worse predictions
>>
>>74132901
Impossible. All the profits of the slavery in America was basically zeroed out after the Civil War.
>>
>>74133302
>They're true, like it or not
Where's the truth? Yes, there's research based on genes, but this research is only within this past century. Anyone can find a correlation if you're looking for it.

>Obviously the further back the weaker the correlation and the worse predictions
Then what's the point of this discussion if we are both going to agree that this information can not be verified anyway?
>>
>>74131935

Only if the ancestor left their ill gotten gains to their descendants, and the descendants knew about the source of those gains.

Like Israelis in Palestine. You can't plead ignorance you fascist fucks.
>>
>>74133723
It's true from the experiences of many people
>what's the point
What are you talking about? I just said it could be a predictor. That's not an absolute direct implication of exactly how the child's life will turn out, nor is it completely useless.
>>
>>74133838
>Israelis in Palestine
Palestine isn't real. Now why did you call them Israelis? Because they're from Israel? :^)
>>
How does that make any fucking sense
>>
>>74133936
So then should someone be held liable for the crimes of their ancestors?
>>
>>74135005
>>74132021
>>
>>74135172
Must have missed that post. I can see your stance more clearly then. So what do you think when you say ancestors? Over two generations? With a generation generally referring to 30 years.
>>
File: Paris Hilton's fucked up face.jpg (290 KB, 1163x1222) Image search: [Google]
Paris Hilton's fucked up face.jpg
290 KB, 1163x1222
>>74131935
Here's a doozey for you: only if people should be allowed to inherit the wealth of their ancestors.
>>
>>74135528
All of them, rapidly losing accuracy
>>
>>74131935
>yes, good goy
>you failed to pay off your six trillion dollar student loans (never forget)
>w-what's that? you say you'll just kill yourself to get rid of the debt
>not so fast! This new law we, I mean congress just passed says your children will be responsible for your crimes!
>better stay alive and keep paying off that loan!
>>
Other people should always be held liable for the crimes of their ancestors as long as we aren't held to account for ours
>>
>>74135621
10/10
>>
>>74131935
How far back on the bloodlines are well talking here?
A lot of shit went down in ancient history.
>>
>>74135645

Okay, I agree. Now we have to define crime. ie. Slavery has slowly become abolished in all countries, but it wasn't always a crime to own a person (indentured servants).
>>
>>74131935

Black people want white people to be responsible for the sins of their ancestors from hundreds of years ago.
Yet black people don't want to be held responsible for crimes that they themselves commit today.
>>
>>74131935
No. It is this scene which BTFO lefties with Data's little quote about the UN outlawing being made responsible for crimes of ancestors.

Seriously, SJW's who say they love Star Trek need to watch this episode. Or just more ST in general.
>>
>>74135808
Frankly, it's astonishing more people don't realize this.
>>
File: sumer.jpg (16 KB, 281x179) Image search: [Google]
sumer.jpg
16 KB, 281x179
The Sumerians in fucking 2700 BCE defeated the Elamites. Therefore I expect the modern day countries to pay reparations to the modern Elamites.

So go ahead Iraq, start sucking Pakistan's cock, don't you want to make reparations for your ancestors?
>>
>>74131935
lel nope
>>
>>74131935
It doesn't matter, liability is based on who has power, just remember who is doing the Genocide of the White Race, when you get back in power.
>>
>>74135621
/thread
>>
>>74135621
I an very okay with this
>>
>>74136432
Then you have to be okay with inherited guilt. They run on the same logic.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.