[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else feel like the proliferation of Superhero worship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
Everyone these days seems obsessed with the Avengers, Batman, Superman, Iron-Man, Captain America, or some other adult manchild running around in thongs destroying property and punching each other.

Seriously, it feels like every time another one of these movies comes out, it feels like everyone who watches them has a drop in IQ points and they just tune out from reality.
>>
Fuck off with your slide thread
>>
>>74112909
Eat shit nigger
>>
>>74113036
Yeah, good goy. Talk about capeshit instead of the US election, or the immigration crisis, or brexit, or anything that actually fucking matters.
>>
>>74113203
That's my point you stupid fuck

Every time one of these dumbass movies comes out, the entire country just stops caring about everything else.
>>
>>74113410
Oh, you mean like you? Right now? Discussing cape shit again instead of important things?
>>
>>74112811
Autism: the post
>>
>>74113517

NO YOU DUMB FUCKING NIGGER IDIOT

I'm talking about how capeshit has helped to anesthetize our culture and turn the majority into retarded slobs.

And in case you haven't noticed. WE'RE GOVERNED BY THE MAJORITY. So yes, the normies being turned into dumbass is actually a relevant issue.

Jesus, go pick up a book you stupid fucking coon.
>>
File: you have to go back trump.gif (3 MB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
you have to go back trump.gif
3 MB, 800x800
>>74113913
Back over the wall beaner
>>
>>74112811
super heroes is the gayest genre of entertainment in existence.
>>
>>74114238

Finally an intelligent answer from the leaf.

Doesn't it feel great to be majority white and not filled with a bunch of two digit IQ retarded munkoids who are incapable of understanding complex thought?
>>
>>74113410
>>74113203
I think you guys are on the same side btw
>>
>>74114478

Yes we are.

But >>74113203 is too fucking stupid to realize it.

Probably because he has the blood of a subhuman race contaminating his veins.
>>
>>74112811
who the fuck worships superheroes

what kind of fucking scatterbrained chicken-licken retard are you

fuck off
>>
>>74113931

Doesn't take much to trigger this faggot.

Shit thread.

SAGE
>>
The Christian Bale Batman movies were decent, but all these recent ones are fucking autistic desu
>>
File: jew repellent.jpg (56 KB, 600x589) Image search: [Google]
jew repellent.jpg
56 KB, 600x589
>>74114983

Fuck off Kike
>>
>>74114960
Go fuck a Kiwi abo
>>
The superhero mythology is simple entertainment. No different than daytime soap operas, or weeknight sports. They are little different from the action movies of the past.

While some may argue that they lack the gray area and moral ambiguity of other more "mature" movies have, I think they are a refreshing change. These movies feature individuals of unbreaking moral codes, who will follow their conscience into death.

These films demonstrate an unwavering strength of character. People are fighting, not over money or power or women, but for the right thing. Too often, we have to abandon or own ethics. Why would we want to see our heroes do the same?
>>
File: tips mountie hat.png (145 KB, 379x267) Image search: [Google]
tips mountie hat.png
145 KB, 379x267
>>74114238
this
I used to read donald ducks as a kid. This superheroshit is boring as fuck.
>>
Nigga, superheroes have existed since Beowulf, Gilgamesh, Ulysses, King Arthur and the Knights of the. Round table, the peach garden oath shu generals, and some other unknown nigger and dune coon guys.

Hero worship is nothing new. We have Veterans Day for gods sake
>>
>>74115226
>eople are fighting, not over money or power or women, but for the right thing.
These people already have all that, though.
Iron Man? Batman? Billionaires who run their own massive corporate businesses and beat people up as a hobby.
Thor? He's an alien (lol) prince with super strength, durability and immortality.
Don't even get me started about Superman's bullshit, or, fuck, the Flash, whose fast enough at this point to do basically anything he wants.
Moral integrity is the only concern these people actually have.
>>
>>74112811
>Watching comic book movies as an adult is socially acceptable
>Playing mentally stimulating video games isn't acceptable
>>
>>74115226
>individuals of unbreaking moral codes, who will follow their conscience into death

Except almost no one (at least a character of important) ever dies in superhero movies. Making their courage hollow. Plot-wise, it's just mindless violence without any actual risk.

>>74115485

The heroes of antiquity were actually still mortal men though, they simply possessed greater courage and intellect than the average man. That's what made them admirable.
>>
>>74120542
>mortal men
no they werent for the most part
>>
>>74119001

ikr

I found Spec Ops the Line and Far Cry more intellectually stimulating than any action/drama movie made in the past five years at least.
>>
>>74112811

STUPID FUCKING THREAD

KILL YOURSELF, OP

SAGE

/THREAD
>>
File: the lash.jpg (96 KB, 378x600) Image search: [Google]
the lash.jpg
96 KB, 378x600
>>74121203

GET BACK TO THE COTTON FIELD YOU FILTHY NIGGER

NO SAGE
>>
File: 23421.jpg (80 KB, 426x382) Image search: [Google]
23421.jpg
80 KB, 426x382
>>74112811
>its the 1500's

Anyone else feel like the proliferation of hero's worship is making us dumber??

Everyone these days seems obsessed with the Achilles, Hercules, jason, guan yu, king arthur, or some other adult manchild running around in breatplates destroying property and punching each other.
>>
>>74120666

Hector: Slain in battle

Achilles: Although technically invincible in all but one spot, still slain in battle

Beowulf: Mortally wounded fighting the Dragon

Othello: Committed suicide

Romeo: Also committed suicide

King Arthur: Slain in battle

Jesus Christ: Crucified

Historically, great heroes do not have a good track record of survival. And that was made them so memorable even after millennia.
>>
>>74121716

Shakespeare plz go
>>
>>74120666
I mean could you imagine the story of Jesus Christ not involving his eventual execution by the Romans?

That's what makes Christ's story so powerful even after 2,000 years. His supposed martyrdom even inspired countless others to emulate it by sacrificing themselves on the altar of Christendom either on the battlefield or in defiance authority.
>>
>"Thank you silkworm boy, you saved me from the nefarious Dr Dodoface. My hero!"
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.