[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is this great?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: ret.png (28 KB, 759x212) Image search: [Google]
ret.png
28 KB, 759x212
So I'm to believe that a country where people can't retire is "the greatest"? In Finland anyone can retire much sooner than 65 and it doesn't matter if you don't have savings etc... Are burgers somehow retarded to think their country is better than Europe?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-05-13/-i-ll-never-retire-americans-break-record-for-working-past-65
>>
File: 1419309691919.jpg (15 KB, 358x272) Image search: [Google]
1419309691919.jpg
15 KB, 358x272
>Bloomberg
>>
>>74106051
our currency is inflating, gold has gone up by record amounts this year.
>>
>>74106093
every time
>>
you can't force people to retire, that's complete commie bullshit all you can do is try to create more positions for everyone. and people don't retire as much because doing nothing is how you end up in an early grave.
>>
Leaf here.

Father is 68 and is still working 100% by choice as an architectural planning consultant.

He enjoys the work and pulled in almost $200k last year working part time, mostly from home.

Why stop at 65?
>>
>>74107784
>Canadian dollars
>>
>>74106231
>gold
kek

>>74106051
Boomer scum didn't save any money and don't understand the fact that they're hogging jobs from the younger generation, something they never had to deal with. They can't be content with just leeching off of social security, they have to keep their jobs too so they can enjoy their shitty vacations to Flordia or Hawaii every year.
>>
I actually think that if you reach an age where you can draw full social security benefits and you don't retire, you should have a MASSIVE tax penalty. Use it to fund all the neets who the selfish old pricks are keeping out of the workforce.
>>
I'm retiring at 45. Military FTW :)
>>
File: storage.torontosun.com.jpg (49 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
storage.torontosun.com.jpg
49 KB, 500x375
>>74107784
>Why stop at 65?
Because Cuckdeau is making your tax dollars dissapear by sending them to Africa
>>
>>74108950
This
>tfw retiring at 42
>>
Everything about usa is degenerate. It will be it's downfall if either Bernie or hitlary gain power.
>>
>>74106051
>retiring early

nice job getting a head start on the whole "going home and waiting to die" thing
>>
>>74106051
Retiring is bad, people here become depressed and die quickly after retiring, that or they start going to uni/working again.
>>
>>74108950

Implying you stayed in for 20... and you reached E7 you'd get a whopping 15 grand a year in retirement
>>
>>74106051
From what I've witnessed, those who retire tend to die soon after.
>>
>>74106051
I'm 29 and I just quit working. I'm basically retired.
>>
Personally, I wouldnt mind working until 65 or later. Having a job literally keeps you alive longer

However, I think people are not compensated for their jobs well enough in the US. If you want to retire at 65, you should be able to
>>
>>74106051
Didn't Cruz or Rubio say they wanted to push retirement to 70
>>
>>74106051
>>74106093
>>74106349
https://archive.is/oI1DG
>>
>>74106051
>dont save/invest
>spend every cent you make
Serves them right
>>
This is your future, we work forever to pay for our niggers, your new nigger muslims will raise your taxes even higher. KILL THE WELFARE STATE!
>>
>>74106051
it's great for the rich and that's all they seem to care about
>>
bernie rally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu401Z76BzU&feature=youtu.be&t=3m5s
>>
File: SP500_real_return.png (10 KB, 550x395) Image search: [Google]
SP500_real_return.png
10 KB, 550x395
>Today, 60 percent of U.S. households have no money in a 401(k) or similar retirement account

Wow how could you fuck up so hard?
>>
god damn boomers were fucking terrible with their money and wont hand their jobs over already
>>
>>74110324
A lot of people lost their 401k investments in the recession, from what I remember.

Still, people in the US really do not save their money.

Last I checked, it was basically $1 saved per $100 earned.
>>
>dad retired at 53 after working as a UAW laborer for 35 years
>makes furniture and buys old boats and cars to repair and sell because he has nothing to do otherwise

Literally was getting paid $45/hour to sleep at work. Hence the automotive industry died here.
>>
>>74110324
>>74110472
One in five retirees don't have enough saved for retirement
>>
>>74110518
>he has nothing to do otherwise

That what that FUCKING LEAF that spams threads doesn't understand, retired people are so used to working they need to work and will get back into the work force.
>>
>>74106051
because social security is shit

many folks simply can't carry themselves into retirement purely because they make and keep less and less money relative to living costs.

Pensions are non-existent today and 401k's are kind of scammy because if and when a company breaks down so does your retirement
>>
>>74106051
We don't lack the ability to retire, we just don't want to. Because we have work ethics.
>>
>>74109647
This, you can't stop working. If you retire, you'd better pick up a serious hobby.
>>
>>74110324
living costs are too high to support the last 15 years after retiring at 65.
>>
>>74110864
I went golfing with him almost every weekend the summer after he retired

He's traveled all over the place

He has a degree that he got just after he started working in the automotive industry but never used it for anything since the job paid well and was very secure

It's like being a NEET except not enjoying anime or elaborate suicide plans
>>
>>74110324

Can't afford health insurance
>>
>>74109963

Was rubio
>>
>>74106051
Wanting to actually work and have purpose in life doesn't make you great?

The American dream was built in the basis that if you work hard you can achieve anything. It's why America attracted people from all over the world and why it grew so fucking fast in the 1800's which is America's golden age.

I would never retire. Working and actually feeling like I have a purpose is great, I would have a reason to wake up and I would be making my own living.

Your entire thread is based on a retarded premise that if you don't retire your a loser
>>
It's only going to get worse.

Calls for tax relief lead to future cuts in government programs (social security and other seniors programs).

Cost of living continues to climb as capitalism's goal is to extract as much money out of the populace as possible to increase profits. Sure, it is optional to buy some things, but home/rent prices, utility bills, groceries etc., the goal is to keep getting the prices up to maximize revenue and grow - a concept that doesn't want you to save, but rather spend everything.

Cost of oil keeps going up (we're in a lull right now), this in turn makes everything more expensive, and thus businesses have to pay less because overhead has gone up and they don't want to yield profit.

Shipping of jobs overseas continues to drive down wages. Not to mention they are just stagnant as fuck since we have been in a "pro-business" mindset since Regean rather than a "pro-worker" stance.

Normal savings tools that previous generations could use have shit returns these days for people starting out (savings, bonds, money markets etc. are awful). Fees for more risky investment to get a return continue to climb, again as financial institutions try to extract money through ever increasing fees.

This shit is happening if you agree or disagree, the retirement outlook is shit for people under 40. Even if you are claiming to make the big money, you still have a much worse climate for retirement than 30-40 years ago for people of the same class.
>>
How come we keep hearing about social security going broke, but never a word about welfare, section 8, or EBT going broke?
>>
>>74106051
Most people here live well beyond their means. On topbof that most people dont save much moneybfor retirwment and if they do they usually start saving at 50 so they miss a lot of years of compound interest in investments.
>>
>>74110472
You only lose if you sell, had they not done anything their accounts would have been back to where they were. The retards that try to time the market with their 401k get what they deserve.
>>
>>74110324
Even if you have a pension, the rest of those clowns who don't are ready to help the rich steal that too.
>>
>>74112203

The media reports things that drive viewership & readership.

People on welfare, section 8, & EBT probably aren't watching & reading.

In other words, capitalism.
>>
>>74112203
Or not having enough money to wage a other open ended world police engagement.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.