[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What cultural and/or political forces cause consumers to act
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (440 KB, 1358x905) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
440 KB, 1358x905
What cultural and/or political forces cause consumers to act so inhuman to customer service employees? They walk all over them and treat them like lower than dirt, the employees stand on their feet for 5 hours straight, or longer, getting 15 minutes sprinkled in at the manager's discretion. It's like consumers have no sympathy. Is it this bad in Europe?
>>
>>74099348
Planned Obsolescence.
The shit you buy isn't meaningful, it's going to break in a few months, you know that and you transfer that little bit of anger over to the seller.
>>
>>74099489
Also the same with fast food. The quality is shit, I don't even know why people go there. But regardless, why are you going to be nice to someone for warming up a shitting hamburger?
>>
Its mostly women that are shit to service providers because they are mentally ill most of the time
>>
>>74099348
>Is it this bad in Europe?
No, it's not, at least here. But then again we don't have thet whole artificial bullshit like in your picture where every employee has to act like your best friend.
>>
>>74099645
Designated shitting burger
>>
Because it feels good to vent at someone who has less power than you. That is always the mindset, that you are beneath the people you are serving.
>>
It's a shitty job because you're put in charge of dealing with people whose interests are often at odds with those of your employer. You know it, your employer knows it and the customer knows it. Who the fuck wants to be nice to someone who's getting paid to be the only point of contact with a faceless corporation with specific instructions to be as misleading as the law allows (or more)?
>>
>>74099348
People are arrogant assholes.
>>
>>74099348
Having to deal with customer service is awful. Customers can't reach the persons who are actually the cause of their issues which is why you get shit on. That's precisely why you are hired, so you get shit on instead of the higher ups.
>>
>>74099348
I've usually been very cordial to CS representatives and they've usually been very cordial right back.
>>
File: 1439297732216.jpg (13 KB, 366x329) Image search: [Google]
1439297732216.jpg
13 KB, 366x329
>work retail job
>store located in an alright place in town
>all kinds of people, from rich folk to Pajeet and ragheads, come to shop
>everyone is generally friendly
>on the rare occasion someone is a cunt, other customers are quick to back you up
>don't even have to fake being friendly because I'm actually feeling pretty good while at work

I always hear everyone talk shit about retail but I think I've struck the jackpot somehow.
>>
I can't say I get it that bad, I work in a clothes store and the only bad customers I get are usually from the same demographics. Chinese women, old, old women, who can also be lovely, and tail end of middle aged women who live to bitch.

>Doing customer service
>See two full blown SJW lookin fatties waddle in
>In their path
>Part of my job is to make sure I greet customers
>Smile at them and say "Hi, you alright there?"
>One of them rolls her eyes and says "Not anymore, god..." as she waddles past me
>I am a 6'4 able bodied white male
>>
>>74099348
>why do I treat them like scum
because the cunts act like scum
>>
>>74102417
that's not to say I always treat them this way, I just do so when they're behaving this way towards me because I can't be arsed to take the moral high ground
>>
>>74099348
Over the phone, especially with the elaborate system of referring you to someone else, they're perceived as an obstacle rather than a means of resolving your problems. Try calling a cable company and waiting for 10+ minutes to get your connection issues resolved, it feels like they're trying to stall you if anything.
>>
>>74099348
95% of customers at Office Depot were normal. There were a few bad people, but most of the issues resulted from working with women on my team.

>scheduled 7-3:30
>Degenerate whore feels sick at 11:00
>have to cover for more time till more employees come
>my feet literally are dying at 2:30
>more than an hour remaining of this
>some asian retard comes in with some sort of autism and is hard to deal with
>fml
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.