[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Stock Market
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: Times Square.jpg (454 KB, 1280x750) Image search: [Google]
Times Square.jpg
454 KB, 1280x750
Redpill me on the stock market. Seems like a pretty important function to society, that's my take away after reading at least.

Why do people say that we should shut it down though? Some are really against it.
>>
>>74080875
This is times square you stupid Euronigger. At least try to include an image of Wall Street.
>>
>>74080875
>times square
wew lad
The stock market is basically bought and sold debt if you're an edgy 14 year old who watched Zeitgeist for the first time. It's pretty much the foundation of western economics and the only thing besides the state that keeps mega corps from existing.
>>
File: Alan+Greenspan+h_50024705.png (1 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Alan+Greenspan+h_50024705.png
1 MB, 960x540
>>74080875
Are you confusing Wall Street with The Federal Reserve / The Fed? The Fed is just a corporation and it's rooted in the US government, but it wants to be thought of itself like that. In short, it works in private and behind closed doors, and controls several things including the prime rate which is the base interest rate charged to homeowners on money borrowed when they buy a house.
>>
>>74080875
Here's what you need to know about multinationals, if you need a manual about the food chain for this century:

California, or the Bay Area in particular creates the value

New York City leeches of it and bets on companies either going kaboom or making it. They (the wall street types) are completely in reaction while the geeks are at the cause.
>>
File: ''food''.jpg (9 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
''food''.jpg
9 KB, 500x375
>>74080927
>>74081088
>>74081260
Nah, i'm talking about the stock market. Just trying to spill some autism while i'm at it :)
>>
>>74080875

A stock market simply allows for public trading of a company's shares.
It can be a good way for a company to raise extra funding by selling off part ownerships in the business and should the company do well the cash will keep on rolling in as the shares go up in value.
>>
File: geez.jpg (47 KB, 633x471) Image search: [Google]
geez.jpg
47 KB, 633x471
>>74081503
GOLLY IS THAT FOR ME
>>
File: merchant.jpg (19 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
merchant.jpg
19 KB, 220x220
>>74081590
That's racist. Shekels should come only from banks, not from private or institutional investors.
>>
>>74080875
Transferring risk of running a business to the general public. This allows for more opportunity for risk. Without a stock market companies like amazon would not try things like their phone, fire stick, drone delivery. They wouldnt take on any new risky projects.

As far as you personally, and investing in the stock market. If youre not trading options, youre pretty much fucked.
>>
Put your 401ks in vanguard 500 index boys. The next 10 years is about to get comfy as fuck.
>>
>>74082060
My pension money is automatically transferred into a shady government run fonds with no way to get it out, reaping only marginal (or no) returns when I'm 70 and get nothing to pass on.
> just eurofeels
>>
>>74082060
>vanguard
cool, have fun with your toyota camry when you retire. i'll be chilling in my yacht.
>>
>>74082402
What? That's weird. Do they automatically withdrawn whatever you deffer to retirement? You can chose your investment dirextion?
>>
>>74082557
It's part of the government run social security system and mandatory, basically a tax. Of course you have no say in what happens with it, after it is withdrawn from your paycheck it is not associated with you anymore.
>>
>>74082504

>t. TD Ameritrade

Fucking poor fag
>>
>>74082060

Enjoy your 1-2% a year lad
>>
>>74082711
We have taxes off our income too, but 401k takes whatever percentage I want to deffer off my check before it's taxed
>>
>>74082907
On top of regular income tax. In total you get about 40% lifted before the money hits your bank account, for income tax, shitty pension that won't even get you over the poverty line and shitty healthcare.
>>
>>74082060
Bad timing, you should wait until it falls back to 170, or even better, forms a continuation pattern. Worst possible time to buy.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.