[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>If you can't afford to tip, don't go out to eat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: f33c7d[1].jpg (110 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
f33c7d[1].jpg
110 KB, 640x400
>If you can't afford to tip, don't go out to eat

How do you respond to this sentiment /pol/?
>>
>>74080836
Fine, I won't go out to eat.
>>
>>74080898
this
>>
File: dinnertimin.jpg (137 KB, 786x1069) Image search: [Google]
dinnertimin.jpg
137 KB, 786x1069
i'll just go to a place that doesn't require tipping.
>>
>>74080836
It's a meme created by poorfags in the service industry who would rather get high every night than get a real job. Fuck them.

When you beg for charity, you'll take what I give you.
>>
>>74080836
If you're too stupid to get a real job, don't complain about being poor.
>>
>>74080836

>If you can't afford your meal, don't go out to eat*
>>
File: See you in you're Dreams.jpg (43 KB, 615x400) Image search: [Google]
See you in you're Dreams.jpg
43 KB, 615x400
>>74080836
Have fun running out of money because no one goes to eat and shuts down your shop, because no one can pay your tip expecting ass
>>
>>74080976
I miss the wholesome niggers o the 70s
>>
By telling them to fuck off and telling them I'm not responsible for subsidizing their bosses Jewish practices
And that "I only make x an hour" isn't an argument as federal law requires employers to compensate all employees to federal minimum wage.
>>
>>74080836
Does every US-American region has this weird tip culture?

I tip for good service & good food, if the service or food is shitty I don't tip. Simple as it is.
>>
>>74080836
I pay for the food as priced on the menu. I have no requirement to tip. Fuck you.
>>
>>74080836
Agree
>>
>can't bear not getting paid 1 million annually- go to college
>>
do americans tip at fast food joints?
>>
>>74080836
>tipping
wtf is this shit
>>
>>74081174
When I went to the US, a man actually chased me down the street after I paid and said "Sir, you forgot to tip". I had just turned 18 at the time and in Europe - at least in the UK, we only tip if the service has been amazing, since the tip money goes directly to that server.
>>
If your boss can't afford to pay you a decent wage, don't work for him
>>
>>74080836
Has eating out any advantages over eating at home that justify paying 10 times more?
>>
>>74081101
Before evil rap music ruined them all they wanted to do was boogey to the funky disco music.
>>
I gave a bartender $10 once because I thought I would be a regular at the bar and I ended up never going there again.
Wish I could get that 10 back tho
>>
>>74081627
One bartender started telling me exactly how long it's been since I'd been there last to shame me into coming more often.

I don't go there anymore.
>>
File: Qwabe-post.jpg (108 KB, 619x773) Image search: [Google]
Qwabe-post.jpg
108 KB, 619x773
You forget that tip refusal is a powerful tool for dismantling white priviledge, and that, frankly, the waitresses' feelings are irrelevant.

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/oxford-sjw-on-wronged-waitress-frankly-her-feelings-are-irrelevant/
>>
>>74080836
Fuck off, if you provide a good service I might give you a tip. Otherwise you can go suck a fat greasy dick.
>>
>>74080987
>>74081040
*tips fedora*
>>
>>74080836
If you want to make good money. Don't volunteer for a shitty job.
>>
>>74080836
completely fair
if you're the bad off there are better food stuffs to buy
>>
File: 1457923055449.jpg (86 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1457923055449.jpg
86 KB, 640x640
>>74081263
no, only dine-in restaurants and when someone delivers food to you
>>
>>74081837
I've tried this before, they just expect $10 every time though.

If you like the bar and become a regular, just give a small, consistent tip. Eventually bartenders will buy you free drinks.
>>
Wow, can you not be so classist???
>>
>>74080976
sorry for being so retarded but is that picture a colorized black and white photo or a drawing?
>>
File: tip-jar-court-room1.jpg (39 KB, 358x400) Image search: [Google]
tip-jar-court-room1.jpg
39 KB, 358x400
>>74081174
Yes, the cancer has pretty well spread nationwide.

"Until the early 20th century, Americans viewed tipping as inconsistent with the values of an egalitarian, democratic society.[80] Also, proprietors regarded tips as equivalent to bribing an employee to do something that was otherwise forbidden, such as tipping a waiter to get an extra large portion of food.[80] The introduction of Prohibition in 1919 had an enormous impact on hotels and restaurants, who lost the revenue of selling alcoholic beverages. The resulting financial pressure caused proprietors to welcome tips, as a way of supplementing employee wages.[81]"

In spite of the trend toward tipping as obligatory behavior, six states, mainly in the South, passed laws that made tipping illegal. Enforcement of anti-tipping laws was problematic.[80] The earliest of these laws was passed in 1909 (Washington), and the last of these laws was repealed in 1926 (Mississippi).[80]
(wikipedia/gratuity)
>>
File: 1461409635272.jpg (83 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461409635272.jpg
83 KB, 1920x1080
>>74080836
>nigger clinging to his tip

hahhahahahhahahaha
>>
>Tipping a bartender

Yeah thanks for opening my beer for me, guy with a ponytail.
>>
>>74080836
Why should I tip someone doing their job? No one tips me when I do my job.
>>
>>74080836
I don't tip black waiters.
>>
>>74080836
how about you pay your waiters you stupid fucking burgers poisoning the rest of the world with your wageslave culture
>>
Here's a tip: Thank the chef for doing 95% of the work whilst you reap the benefits.
>>
>>74082162
kek
>>
>>74081996
Isn't tipping meant to be for good service? Or is it an unwritten rule that everyone must tip a certain % now regardless of service?
>>
>>74080836
I think it's pretty ridiculous.
As a waiter, I think anybody who thinks that they deserve a tip is an overentitled shit.
I am curious to see, however, if service worsens if we were in a no-tipping industry.

As for real job, it makes me roughly $70 for a three hour lunch shift, and I am using the money for college, so I think this job is real enough for me.
>>
Only niggers and Jews don't tip. Even wetbacks fresh over the border tip
>>
>>74082491
No. If you get really bad service you don't tip. Or just leave a penny to send a message
>>
File: neckbeard-lighter-640x533.jpg (78 KB, 640x533) Image search: [Google]
neckbeard-lighter-640x533.jpg
78 KB, 640x533
>over 40 replies and this hasn't been posted yet
>>
File: Panhandler.jpg (49 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Panhandler.jpg
49 KB, 300x300
>>74082794
Great argument, literally high school peer pressure tier.
>>
>>74080836

If you can't afford not to get a tip, find a better paying job.
>>
>>74082491
In murica they expect us to tip at or above 20% of the total check which is fucking bullshit.
I went to a chinese restaraunt last week and signed the check and the waitress demanded that we all give her a tip. My friend put 1 dollar and she got pissed as fuck even though it's a god damn buffet and she didn't even bring us a second drink.
>>
>>74080836
What if I can afford to tip but don't want to give anymore more money than what the meal costs?
>>
>>74082945
Peer pressure is good. Tip or don't go out you cheap ass Jew
>>
>>74080836
yes, I want fries with that
>>
>>74080836

If you can't afford to pay your employees, don't start a restaurant.
>>
>>74083333
I was about to disagree with you but then I saw the QUADS.
>>
>>74082986
youre so full of shit.

20% on bill before tax is considered a God tier tip. if its a place that you frequent you can bet your ass the person will take care of you whenever you go in
>>
>>74080836
If you need the tip to stay afloat include it in the price
>>
>If you cant afford to pay extra for nothing dont come and support this business
>>
>>74080836
If you can't afford to go without a tip sometimes don't get a job that forces you to rely on the charity of others
>>
>>74082794
This.
>>
>>74080836

the waiter is not my employee and his service should be good by default.
>>
>>74082945
It is a good argument. Since you're so obviously hurt I'm guessing you're a kike. Word of advice, you can't take your shekels when you die, moron.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4sbYy0WdGQ&list=FL6xDnDlOPlw2F9-uZzz5zAg&index=8
>>
>>74080836
I don't go out anyways
>>
File: 1452524299997.jpg (68 KB, 400x509) Image search: [Google]
1452524299997.jpg
68 KB, 400x509
>tipping regardless of the quality of service

I don't understand
>>
>>74081842
>guy remembers me
>brings up how long it's been since he's seen me last

>it must be a ploy to get me to spend more money
>no one could ever enjoy speaking with me

>exit stage reee
>>
I tip with a rip ';^)

if the meal is good they deserve a hearty flatulation
>>
>>74082986
was in NY a few years back with my family and we went to a japanese restaurant, 5 of us, about 50$ of food per person, 250$bill, we had a nice time so we gave 20$tip, the waitress called her boss and they demanded 20% tip, fuckin jumping around demanding money that wasnt on the bill, wtf is it with this tip culture, they said she is badly paid, her own boss said, i dont pay her enough for her to make a living so she has to rely on tips, we left without giving any more but it was a shitty experience
>>
>>74084434
Made up story. You tip after you've paid the bill and before you walk out of the door. There is no time for the waiter to know what you gave him before you leave
>>
>>74080836
I don't tip because it should be your employer's responsibility to pay you a living wage.

If everyone stopped tipping at once your boss would be forced to pay you. I refuse to contribute to a corrupt system that encourages near-slave labor wages.

You can thank me in the parking lot during your smoke break, if you know what I mean...
>>
>>74080836
If restaurants pay their employees under minimum wage, they deserve to go out of business
>>
>>74084570
You might throw your money down and run back to the safety of your mother's basement as quickly as possible, but after a nice meal sometimes people with actual friends like to sit and digest a while.

I regularly have plate-carriers come back and pick up the little receipt booklet with signed slip while we're still drinking our coffee and chatting.
>>
>>74084587
In Israel its accustomed to tip 12%, we all pay it gladly because service is usually awesome and food isn't that expensive but if service is shit we'll still leave 5%-7% regardless so there is room for improvement.
>>
>>74081198
You are a faggot. Fuck you.
>>
>>74084570
actually we paid and she brought a "goodbye sake or whatever" and in classy restaurants you dont necessary leave instantly after having paid, also we paid and gave a 20 to the waitress saying this was her tip, i dont see what's made up about this,
you're so close minded that you cant imagine anyone functioning in any way different than your own little experience ?
>>
>>74084360
You're describing places I still frequent. It's a completely different tone.
>>
>>74082267
No, but they pay you when you do your job. You don't do your job and then NOT get paid, like what happens when you don't tip. You bitch ass bitch.
>>
>>74080836
>tipping is required
>ever

That's bullshit, however I'm usually nice enough to round up the amount I have to pay.
>>
>>74080836

If I go out to eat and the receipt mentions tipping, or the server does, OR if the service just isn't good enough, I make sure to make a mess on the table before I leave.
>>
I don't see what the big deal is. Just throw three bucks on the table and leave. Three bucks is nothing.

Tipping is only bad if you buy into the "pay 15-20% of the check" meme. Fuck that, you are getting $5 max. If the other people at the table want to chip in that is on them.
>>
>>74080836
if you dont do an extremely good job and i wont be coming here often, then i wont give you extra money you dont deserve
>>
Never tipped.
Never will.
>>
>>74080836
By going out to eat I pay your salary and legitimize your position as a waitress.

If I didn't go out to eat you wouldn't have a job. The tip is just an extra.
>>
>>74084976
Their employer should pay them not the customer.
>>
>>74085965
I tipped a waitress once
Just the tip, just for a second

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tgS1n7DQbY
>>
>>74084855
I'm in to guys because I don't tip? Erm... no? Non sequitor. Loser.
>>
>>74086264
>Their employer should pay them not the customer.
And where does the employer get his money?
>>
>>74082103
It looks colorized
>>
>>74080836
I think imperial system, baby mutilations, and toxic tap water messes up amerincans heads for good. Literally nowhere in the world tipping something you MUST do. Tipping is acceptable sign of gratitude for great service or just because you don't want to fill your pockets with small money and pennies so you tip to some amount. Also what makes serving dishes such art that it deserves tipping? Every idiot can do it. You don't tip your doctor, even tho he you know keep you healthy and alive and have been learning 10 years how to do his job. Nope you tip some retard that only skill is to drive car or serve dishes.
>>
Tipping is there to make the waiters / delivery people feel less like slaves or servants .

Though, I don't think they should expect / demand a tip
>>
File: water pls.jpg (6 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
water pls.jpg
6 KB, 276x183
>>74082901
/ck/ detected

Muh nigga
>>
>>74080898
I tip only when I get great service. If I don't fucking them
>>
>>74081101
This
>>
>>74080836
"Shut up, nigger"
>>
File: 1455067223183.jpg (31 KB, 347x531) Image search: [Google]
1455067223183.jpg
31 KB, 347x531
Tipping is choice.
>>
>>74081101
It was around the time when they were finally started to act like human beings after breeding out their previous culture.
They were becoming Americans.

Now they've become niggers.
>>
>>74084434

Crazy stuff. Asian restaurants and really nice restaurants tend to have their own way of doing things. $20 on a $250 bill is a bit on the low side. $30 and they might not complain, but $40+ is a lot more standard.

In your average mediocre restaurant, the money goes directly to the waiter. At nicer places that amount of money becomes pretty huge, so it's usually split. Tips are divided between the waiter, cook, busboy, etc. They still shouldn't chase you down over it, but yeah.

The biggest problem with tipping is that people do it. It's one thing to say that owners need to pay staff regular wages, but even when they do people still tip. Here in Washington State waiters make $11 an hour plus tips. If your clientele won't stop adding extra money to the bill, then why not rely on it?
>>
>>74083035
>Jew detected
>>
>>74080836
I never understood why a customer is expected to pay for the food they're eating, as well as paying to receive the fucking food they're already paying for.

If we got to opt out of tipping if we just had to grab the plates from the kitchen ourselves, waiters would become extinct.
>>
>>74088395
>not wanting other people to take your money is being a Jew
>>
>>74085657
OK Mr pink
>>
>>74088580
>wanting waiters to go extinct
poorfag detected

Earn some real fucking money so you can enjoy being served without worrying about the extra $5 it costs you cuck.
>>
>>74088625
10%
>>
Tipping is part of the current dining service. You are given the option to not tip in case the service is bad. This is like how welfare is part of the current employment system. You are given the option of welfare if you can't actually find a job. I see no difference between someone who doesn't tip after good service and some healthy and able nigger who has no plans of getting off welfare.
>>
Where we live, we don't tip. Not my problem you can't get a better career. If I had to work in a restaurant, I wouldn't demand a tip, because you don't ask for it, they choose to tip
>>
>>74080836
If you can't run a business in a way where you clearly state the price of your goods/services then don't start a business.

Is how i respond to a retarded system like that.
>>
>>74085818
What a Jew.

As a server, I believe that a tip is earned not an automatic given. However, if you can't tip atleast decently for good service (in the United States) then don't go out to eat.

NIggers are the worst at tipping, don't be like them.
>>
>>74088682
>>wanting waiters to go extinct
>dat strawman

U wot m8?
Waiters bring the food from the kitchen to the people who are already paying for the food. If you're going to bitch to me that I have to pay you directly despite you already being employed and paid by your employer, I'll just grab the food myself. 15 seconds of walking up and down isn't anything noteworthy.

If not receiving the tip is a problem for you, then you're the poorfag here.

Get a real job.
>>
File: image_29-1.png (40 KB, 145x154) Image search: [Google]
image_29-1.png
40 KB, 145x154
>If you can't afford to literally throw away money by paying more than you are being charged for just because you theoretically can in order to subsidise some entitled waiter's paycheck despite the fact that they typically make a thousand tax-free dollars a week in tips and are required by law to be compensated to at least minimum wage in earnings by their employer if they fail to meet that amount which they frankly should considering all they're doing is bringing your plate to your table and filling up your glass every twenty minutes thereby doing the work they are already being paid to do despite the fact that many patrons would gladly do this work themselves in order to avoid tipping seeing as how it's optional but who are actually not allowed to do so because these useless parasites need a reason to exist and essentially blackmail people into tipping them by taking to social media and publicly shaming those who refuse to be extorted by idiots performing a job that literal monkeys can do while having the fucking gall to assume the moral high ground all throughout, don't go out to eat.
>>
>>74088923
Call me what you want
I'm not subsidizing your income
>>
>>74086759
>And where does the employer get his money?
From selling food?
America is legit retarded
>>
>>74080836
Tipping is just another area where hard working whites subsidize the nogs who refuse to tip. My experience is that 9/10 whites tip properly. With niggers, your lucky if they dont try to complain about the food in an attempt to get it for free. Fuck niggers!
>>
>>74089272
People like you need to be sent to extermination camps.
>>
You're paying for service. You're literally paying to be served instead of cook you own dinner and wash your own dishes.
I think the servers should just be paid a fair wage instead of relying on tips, but that's not how it is.
Besides, it is only customary to tip in America. You wouldn't go to another country and ignore their customs would you, Ahmed?
>>
>>74088923
>I believe that a tip is earned not an automatic given

It is considered an automatic given, as you just illustrated, by saying "If you can't tip, don't eat out" you fucking moron.
>>
>tipping

nothing but a ransom demand in order to avoid bad service from people whose jobs it is to serve
>>
>>74080836
I always over tip because I feel bad for people in those situations, but please...

If your employer pays so little that you need to rely on tips to make a living, then quit and get a better job... if you have no education, that's what craigslist and backpage are for.
>>
>>74089515
That's my personal opinion you damn Yuropoor, I don't expect a tip from my tables, but don't be Jew and tip shitty.
>>
>>74080836

I know how to cook, do you?
>>
>>74089198
You must have a lot of friends
>>
The OP is correct , if you are a poor prick, you have no business going out to eat anyway. Stay home and cook for yourself. When you are alpha , spread the wealth like me.
>>
If my server has degenerate tattoos, hair dye, or piercings I won't tip them.

If my server presents themselves as a functioning member of society with a clean shave or he/she takes good care of their hair I will rip them well.
>>
are you supposed to tip a pizza delivery guy?
>>
>>74089990

tip*
>>
File: BadWayToGo.jpg (31 KB, 456x287) Image search: [Google]
BadWayToGo.jpg
31 KB, 456x287
>>74089882
100% beta fag right here...
>>
>>74089763
>I don't expect a tip
>But I expect it

Make up your mind faggot.
>>
>>74080898
This. Let the entitled brats lose money
>>
>>74089998
yes
>>
>>74080836
its not required to tip. i never tip. the price for the objects/food/service/what ever is as listed
>>
>>74080836
Bernie sanders will get you food faggots a living wage soon.
>>
>>74090207
I don't expect it
>but common courtesy not to be an asshole.
>>
>>74089998
Not if it's late.
>>
File: question.jpg (11 KB, 232x250) Image search: [Google]
question.jpg
11 KB, 232x250
Fundamental question: what IS tipping anyway?
>>
>>74090359
Who??
>>
Just listened to this on npr. Pretty relevant

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2016/05/15/478096516/why-restaurants-are-ditching-the-switch-to-no-tipping
>>
>>74089763
>is a server (read: failed at the game of life)
>literally has to beg for tips to meet the minimum wage
>calls Norwegian an "Yuropoor"

oh the irony
>>
>>74080836
I agree with it.
>>
>>74082162
>I drink shit that's not on draft
No wonder you have such shit opinions.
>>
Why don't businesses include the tip in the total cost and pay their employees more? Are managers too lazy to decide who is a good worker and judge the employees through the amount of tips they get? Do they not realize that the employee could be an incredible worker and just happen to get cheap bastards every time?

Tipping is stupid and wrong.
>>
>>74090494
It's an acronym.

To
Improve
Performance
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 400x400
>>
I'm a server and I declared $89,000 last year.

Tipping has made a job that should just be a part time gig for transients into a lustrous career.

It's also a great example of what happens when the free market determines the wage.

>mfw I explain to my liberal coworkers how their job proves libertarianism
>>
>>74090781
And how do you improve performance?
>>
>>74080836
"Fuck off"
>>
>>74090684
I am actually a college student, dipshit.

What third world shithole are you from?
>>
>>74085657
Take out three dollars right now and burn them. Post a pic with timestamp. After all, three dollars is nothing, right? Why not just throw them away?
>>
File: SteveTheRock.jpg (76 KB, 444x579) Image search: [Google]
SteveTheRock.jpg
76 KB, 444x579
>>74089998
Serving and delivery are 2 completely different things... here in New York, servers are over tipped for performing basic tasks that any trained animal could perform, whereas delivery people actually deserve the tip because of all the bs they put up with having to get a certain amount of orders out to different places while the food is still hot, and have saved you the trouble of leaving your house.

Fuck tipping servers though... $3-$5 is all they get from me unless I'm on a date trying to impress a woman.
>>
>>74090895

Fuck off Randy.
>>
>>74088290
well to us 20$ tip is a good tip, and reclaiming is really rude.
In here you give small change as tip, 2-3 francs, 5 francs, at the best 10 if it was rly good, its to show appreciation of the server not for him to make a living out of, it doesn't matter what they pay the server.
The owner should pay staff regular wages and if they receive tip its extra, for the staff, not for the owner and the owner shouldnt at all take that into account. the money the owner receive from what product and experience he sells is completely detached from what servers make as tip
>>
>>74080836
if I don't like your service. I don't tip.

If you force me to tip, I don't eat there.

If you bitch about living on tips when i don't tip, get a better job

Next
>>
>>74090895
fuck off bobandy
>>
>>74090896
It's like when parents give their children allowance for doing chores, it's to teach them the value of hard work.

These low level jobs have tips to encourage the worker to do a good job, teach them a lesson for when they move up the job ladder.
>>
>>74091048

Tipping delivery people is legitimate. I normally just pick up my order though and save money overall and don't tip obviously on a pick up.

Granted I don't live in a major city.
>>
>>74082794
Here's how Mexicans tip.

>Bill is $77.68
>Pay 80 even
>"Keep the change señora"
>>
>>74089870
That's doesn't even remotely resemble a refutation or an argument.
>>
>>74082491
You always tip... you tip less if you don't like the service. You don't tip if the service was something horrible. Ironically tipping is a method of giving a message which is fucking stupid.

I hate how I have to tip for a bunch of shit here, but that's how the system is so I do it. Waiters earn less than minimum wage so they actually do depend on tips.

Again, if I had to choose I'd choose a system where tipping was entirely optional and not expected, I just want to pay what the quoted price is and not deal with thinking what's the appropriate tip... but that's how the system is and I'm not going to be some edgy faggot trying to get my message across by eating outside and not tipping.

I wouldn't mind paying 24 dollars instead of 20 dollars for a meal or 3.6 dollars instead of 3 dollars for a drink (20% increase) if it meant your fucking waiters could get a decent wage and I wouldn't have to bother with tipping.
>>
File: SkeletorLaugh.jpg (51 KB, 375x301) Image search: [Google]
SkeletorLaugh.jpg
51 KB, 375x301
>>74090684
You're right man... this is the sad state our country is in here in the US. This fucking idiot is racking up debt for an "education" with the purpose of turning him into a mindless beta slave, and he's forced to beg for tips just to make it through the day to day. You can sense the hostility emanating off of his posts... kek
>>
File: monkey dick.jpg (76 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
monkey dick.jpg
76 KB, 500x500
>>74089198
>performing a job that literal monkeys can do
This reminds me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeSQ5Rv7eH8
>>
>>74080836
If you have to rely on tips for decent pay, find a different job.
>>
>>74083333
I agree with tipping 15% standard, but now with the little iPad swipe things the prompt you to tip 17% minimum up to 25% at goddamn food trucks and donut shops and shit. Fucking tip inflation is bullshit
>>
My gf is a waitress and the only people who don't tip are niggers and white trash. If you don't tip your server you are no better than a nigger. If you don't plan on tipping then order takeout instead of wasting a table and your waitresses time.
>>
>>74080836
If you only have €25 to your name, but not €30, I'd say it's indeed rather wise not to go out to eat.
>>
>>74082103
It's a photograph. Film processing in the 70s tended to produce highly saturated colors. Magazine publishing at the time did the same so combine the two together and you get advertisements from that era that look a bit surreal.
>>
>>74089382
Says the fucking leech berating people for not wanting to give him extra money for a job he's already being paid for.
>>
>>74080836
As much as it may rustle /pol/ posters, this comment is correct. Tipping itself is irrelevant, but if your so strapped for cash that you simply cannot afford a tip, you shouldn't be paying the extra chunk of money to be eating out. Buy the ingredients at home and cook your own meals.
>>
>>74091404

Kek
>>
Since restaurants are so money hungry, they should start billing you for oxygen consumed as well. I think $60/L + 20% gratuity for large sighs is reasonable. Polysyllabic words will also be charged at $5 per syllable over the first. When the food finally arrives and you now owe your life savings to the waiter, you'll be charged 1000% gratuity on your lovely meal and promptly killed in the back alley for failing to also submit your house deed directly to the owner's fax line.
>>
>>74091024
Yeah, honestly would have no problem doing this, except I'm lazy.
>>
File: russian-jade-005.jpg (181 KB, 800x554) Image search: [Google]
russian-jade-005.jpg
181 KB, 800x554
>>74080836
> ok, if you insist, i wont go to your place to eat
Also write in the mandatory "book of complaints and suggestions" about the situation.
>>
>>74084855
You're the only fucking faggot, no one but your employer is responsible for your pay.
>>
>>74080836
If you can't afford to pay servers, don't own a restaurant.
>>
>>74091373
>you tip less if you don't like the service

Giving money for something you don't like at all, is rather stupid
>>
>>74090895
>bragging about being given money he didn't actually "earn" and playing it off as a "great example" of "free market" wages.

You are part of what's wrong with this country.
>>
>>74091373
If the waiters get a set wage then you're going to receive worse service. Tips are good incentives for them to work hard and be personable. I'm sure most people on 4chan are autistic and don't care but a kind waiter improves a meal a lot more than an indifferent or even rude one.
>>
>>74091540
They ask for tips on takeout too now
>>
>>74091555
My friend is a waiter and makes 2.80 an hour. He doesn't get to keep any of it because it all goes to taxes. I don't think restaurants should be able to treat workers like that, but on the other hand he makes about 700 a week just from tips
>>
>>74091653
Yeah, I don't fucking believe that for a second, you brainless hypocritical retard.
>>
>>74091828
I have never saw anyone tip on takeout. I'm all for tipping your waiters but I would laugh if the cashier expected a tip for ringing me up
>>
>>74091877
>retard is guaranteed minimum wage
>makes $700 in tax-free earnings a week
>for doing brainless work that anyone could do
>I'm supposed to feel sorry for him
???
>>
Tipping is for cucks
>>
>>74081627
They cook much better and faster than I do, they bring it to me and they clean up after me. If I was single, I'd just drink Soylent all the time and eat out a few days a week.
>>
>>74091124
If the "server" is a young teenager obviously working one of his or her first jobs, then sure tip big if you can... but, if the "server" is an adult who ruined their life and ended up in that position, then fuck them.

Give to charity instead and stop enabling these adult drunks and drug abusers to co-exist with us in our society.
>>
>>74091935
Is $3 really worth that much to you?

It's nothing. It's like one cheeseburger dude.

I guess you are just a poor kid.
>>
>>74091809
Same guy you replied too.

Waiters aren't the only service in the world.

I don't tip my train conductor for not experiencing any delays...
I don't tip customer service because they did a good job solving my issue...

Point being a lot of people in the service industry receive fixed wages and do a good job.

If a waiter were to get a decent fixed wage not dependent on tips what would happen? All they do is take my order and bring my food, it's an extremely simple task and I shouldn't pay someone just to keep doing that super simple task. If they can't put on a simple smile because they are now on a fixed wage, fuck them. Again I have no problem paying 20% more for the price on the meal if it means these waiters can get a good wage.

Tipping is only this mandatory in the US yet the rest of the world has no issues with bad waiters.
>>
>>74088290
This makes no sense to me. What difference in effort does it take for the waiter to open a $30 bottle of wine or $300?

Even the price of the food is reflected in effort the chef makes or the ingredients used.
>>
If tips went away I probably wouldn't even visit my favourite bar in my city.
Occasionally they hire waitresses and cooks that are incredibly shitty and they need to see that receipt of $0 in tips to know I waited 1.5 hours to get a fucking beer or food. It's an important system and people lose their jobs over it, but usually for good reason
>>
>>74080836
Reclamations,lawsuits,complaints,huge fucking crazy bitchfit
And never going to eat there,will go to other place

if it comes from some dude I just tell him to stop eating shit ,horses don't die when dogs want so
>>
If you are gay waiter you will want a tip
>>
>>74092535
It encourages the waiter to upsell and if he fucks up that 300 dollar bottle of wine its very costly to the house
>>
>>74080836
All niggers quiet on this one
>>
Tipping in EU only if you want no need

Tipping in America: nothing under 5 dollas cmon amerifaggs id rather tip you another twin towers cheeky nation
>>
>>74080836

If you can't earn a tip, don't get into the service industry or shut the fuck up. If you don't have extensive knowledge of your menu, if you can't tell me what is in season, if you have to ask me how to make a drink, if you expect a tip for opening or pouring a beer, if your service sucks, if you forget something or bring me the wrong food, or if your service is otherwise non existent... you can get bent.
>>
>>74092532
Really? When my friends travel, I've always heard that the waiters in other countries are either crap (because they have no reason to be good) or excellent (because americans tip and they'd like the extra money).
>>
>>74093055
Stfu faggaas
>>
>>74092485
>still no picture
You're actively proving my point.
>>
>>74093425
wow, much smart, very reply
>>
File: 1456711007701.jpg (145 KB, 620x1098) Image search: [Google]
1456711007701.jpg
145 KB, 620x1098
Tipping should be optional american faggots go do another 9 11
>>
>>74080836
Not an argument
>>
>>74091809
Except tips are expected and act as a substitute for wages, with none of the benefits. There is an entitlement culture surrounding waiters where they expect tips, and if you don't tip you're the social outcast who gets ostracized in the group, or hell, the whole media.

You're not wrong in principle, but in practice tips are expected which makes it no different. That's why some places are now even adding auto gratuity or telling you how much you """"should"""" tip.
>>
>>74093762
It is optional, just like not loudly proclaiming what a faggot you are is optional. Looks like you're zero for two.

>>74093940
>much you """"should"""" tip.
I'd actually appreciate this, I'd rather not do math at the dinner table so knowing 20% off the bat would be useful, tip a little more if it was good, less if it was shit.
>>
>>74080836

If you live in the US, tipping is part of dining out. You can rationalize all you want, but if you want good service, then you will want to tip. Failing to do so will get you bad service and an adversarial relationship with your service providers.

I think the tipping economy is a fraud so that restaurant owners can pocket more money. I think that it makes the job of waiting tables more a modelling or acting gig than a service job. If it were removed, I think that good service would still be provided.

However, at this moment I dine out in a tipping economy and I want good service. So, I tip. Well. And if I can't afford it, I eat in.
>>
File: poorfag.png (3 MB, 1428x2428) Image search: [Google]
poorfag.png
3 MB, 1428x2428
>>74093674

:^)
>>
>>74094132
Tipping is expected socially, it's not entirely optional anymore. There's an unwritten social rule forcing it, where if you don't you get a worse quality.

It's suppose to be additional optional for good services. Not paying a different amount based on quality.

>20%

Here's another problem. It used be 10% standard, now it's up to 20%. Yet another example of water entitlement.
>>
If you dont want to live of tips, then get a better job. I argued this with a group of friends a while back. I never wanted to work and beg for tips, so I took the hot as all hell warehouse job. Cry more
>>
File: rapefugees not welcome.gif (2 MB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
rapefugees not welcome.gif
2 MB, 350x263
>>74080836
this is the land of the fucking free bitch if I don't want to tip I aint gonna now go fuck yourself
>>
>>74094335
fake
>>
File: iku disco_1.jpg (107 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
iku disco_1.jpg
107 KB, 600x600
>>74081711

I'm not sure if you're speaking ironically but disco is miles better than rap music and promoted a way better culture.
>>
>>74080836
>Good on you for supporting cheap fucks of bosses who can't be arsed to pay his restaurant workers respectable wage
>>
>>74080836

>If you can't live off of minimum wage, get a second job.

There's my response.
>>
>>74090896
by tipping
>>
>>74094132
I know it is but you amerifaggs make it so it looks like its not optional
>>
>>74089334
>actually answering a rhetorical question
>>
>>74094525

I determine my tip after my meal.

If my service sucks, I don't tip and I let the waitstaff know why. If it's really bad, I talk to the manager. If there's any problem with that I will take my business elsewhere and I have no problem doing that.

Threatening me with bad service if I decide to give your shithole another chance is a surefire way to get me to never come back to your establishment again. In fact, it's a good way to cause a whole lot of problems and get bad mouthed in your community.

The customer has all of the leverage. If you want a tip, know your shit and work for it. If you don't, feel free to be lazy and coast along easy street, just don't expect anything more from me.
>>
>>74081263
Not yet
>>
File: shrug.jpg (103 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
103 KB, 384x313
>>74091695
Making a complaint at a restaurant usually just gives the staff another hilarious anecdote about some butthurt person they don't give a fuck about.
I don't tip but making complaints won't change anything.
I just avoid places that require tips. I think that's one of the main reasons eating out is on the decline. Why pay more when you could...not?
>>
>>74095306

You, I like you.
>>
>>74095157

>Not liking the answer so calling the question rhetorical

I mean if you want to start an argument over how the financial department of any company are useless leeches and it'd be way better if customers just directly paid the workers instead of filtering the money through any kind of divvying process, fine, but that doesn't seem to be what you're saying, which is why it's very odd that you'd choose to agree with that other cuck who asked a stupid question.
>>
File: image.jpg (269 KB, 1699x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
269 KB, 1699x1080
Thats like your opinion man

I tip most workers as long as they do a mediocre to great job.

I tip double while wearing my MAGA hat and being served by a legal mexican
>>
File: IMG_0938.jpg (64 KB, 437x599) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0938.jpg
64 KB, 437x599
Have hope kids
>>
>>74080836
If you can't afford wage for your work then find a real job.
>>
>>74080836
If you can't afford to give the service you have advertised for the price you have advertised then charge more for it.

If you are expecting me to pay more for it than that which you have advertised it as then that is false advertising, which is a crime by the way (here at least).
>>
I dont go out to out to eat. That shit is for normalfags.
>>
>>74084434
You tipped 8% on a $250 order you fucking mongloid. I thought the Swiss were wealthy? You literally just pulled the ultimate nigger move
>>
>>74080836
You know if you don't tip your waitresses their employer has to pay their wage so it amounts to minimum wage.

This is one of the most Jewish aspects of American culture. Fucking pizza delivery boys, driving around smoking cigarettes and listening to music are earning a tip how?

I'll make my own food to avoid this bullshit.
>>
>>74082794
/thread
>>
>>74080898
^this
>>
File: jew abstract_3.png (3 KB, 310x253) Image search: [Google]
jew abstract_3.png
3 KB, 310x253
>>74095705

>8% tip?! Why would you only tip 15%? If you only tip 20%, I won't be able to feed my 6 million children!
>>
I don't really know anyone who tips. Never tipped in my entire life either.
>>
>>74084855
Tipped food service workers are the most entitled fucks I have ever had the displeasure of knowing. They are gauranteed atleast minimum wage by law. That is, they get an hourly wage below minimum, and if their tips dont make up the difference the employer is legally obligated to make up the difference. Their job is not that fucking difficult but they think they deserve $15 an hour and many make that and more due to tips. Bartenders are the worst by far, they make fucking bank but bitch if you leave a dollar after they open your beer
>>
>>74084841
>food isn't that expensive
what? food is expensive here.

ולדעתי זה בסדר להביא למלצרים 5-10 כי למה שהם יקבלו יותר טיפ ממתדלק למשל? או כל עובד אחר.
מספיק שיש להם 3 שולחנות בשעה והבם מרוויחים 40-55 שקל לשעה שזה הרבה.
>>
3 bucks for decent service and 5 for excellent service. Flat rate, doesn't matter where I go. Tipping a percentage of the check is complete bullshit, they all do the same job.

I guess hibachi would be an exception. 6 bucks for those guys.
>>
>>74085657
>Tipping is only bad if you buy into the "pay 15-20% of the check" meme.

if you buy expensive meals it's dosn't mean you have to tip them 20$
>>
File: 1415020903753.gif (3 MB, 177x217) Image search: [Google]
1415020903753.gif
3 MB, 177x217
>>74095705
He GAVE someone $20 for literally nothing.
>>
>>74080836
If you can't afford to pay your wait staff more you are not running a good restaurant.

Also, I'm tired of every profession jumping on the "tip" bandwagon. It seems everywhere I go now people deserve tips for their shitty service.
>>
>>74094335
BURN THAT SHIT PUSSY
>>
>>74095705
but 20$ is a lot of TIP WTF

20$+8$ an hour and they got 28$ per hour from just one table. this is alot
>>
>>74080836
>you can't afford to eat, don't have a shit job that relies on my tips
>>
File: 1452559208623.jpg (240 KB, 1131x707) Image search: [Google]
1452559208623.jpg
240 KB, 1131x707
>>74082491
Texas here.

If it's good you tip.
If it's moderate and they were nice enough people you tip like $1-2.

If it's shit you don't tip and you take the silverware.

That's how it's always worked for me and my kin.
>>
>>74081101
>I miss the wholesome niggers o the 70s

https://msuweb.montclair.edu/~furrg/Vietnam/heinl.html#7
>>
>>74081390
im fucking laughing
>>
>>74080836
>ywn be a qt making fat tips in a night
My coworker has made up to $1800 a week in tips. She works at a buffalo wild wings m.
>>
>>74097058
How about you just order it to go then? If the dining experience is made no different by the plethora of service staff at your disposal throughout the meal, then why not just order it to go and eat it at your house?

As you said, their efforts equate to "literally nothing", so it's only reasonable to assume that ordering it to go would avail you no difference.
>>
>>74100355
>As you said, their efforts equate to "literally nothing", so it's only reasonable to assume that ordering it to go would avail you no difference.
It's mostly the scenery desu.

Not even that dude.
I love eating at cheddars and such because of the atmosphere but honestly I could go and get my own water from a fountain faster than it takes for them to bring it to me.

Servers really only make sense for big orders, lazy fat people, or the elderly.
>>
>>74084841
>Jews consider 12% a good tip

Kek'd
>>
>>74080836
I don't tip, because I don't support slave labor
>>
>>74097274
For a high class place $20 is not a lot.
>>
>>74080836
"Want a tip, waiter? Get a REAL job!"
>TIP: 00.00
>>
File: 02.png (466 KB, 640x500) Image search: [Google]
02.png
466 KB, 640x500
I'm not tipping you, you fucking kike
>>
>>74080836
I pay what is required to be paid. Unless tipping is compulsory, I round up to the nearest dollar as a tip purely out of convenience.

Another one I hear all the time is this:
>If you aren't going to tip, you can go get your own food. It's as simple as that

It's as if they think it's that hard of a job. They just summed up their job as if it's an inconvenience to me. Getting up to get my food is a 10 meter walk to a kitchen and coming back to my table. It's not hard, and it isn't worth giving another person a few dollars to do it when they're already getting paid by their employer to do it in the first place.

>it's the only job they could get

Bullshit. My town has a bunch of jobs available with a factory being constructed here and a FedEx Ground that is constantly employing people with a starting wage of about $11. Fuck off with your shit about not being able to find a job, you just don't want to work hard for your money.

I swear, fucking waiters/waitresses and their entitlement complexes. They can't see from anyone else's perspective than their own.
>>
I had an old nu-male friend who tipped 50% once on a 20$ meal because the waitress was cute. How much of a beta bitch do you have to be to think that was a good idea? He also was really proud of it and mentioned it all the time and got really offended when I told him I don't tip unless the service was actually good and even then that's pretty rare.
>>
>>74101167
>Bullshit. My town has a bunch of jobs available with a factory being constructed here and a FedEx Ground that is constantly employing people with a starting wage of about $11. Fuck off with your shit about not being able to find a job, you just don't want to work hard for your money.
Thing is they mostly make over $11 an hour after tips.

Why would they take a lower paying job?
>>
Tipping feels like a holdover from throwing pennies and watching the plebs dive in the mud for it
>>
>>74082491
15% for decent service.

It's not obligatory, just customary.
>>
>>74080836
>If your employer doesn't pay you enough, don't work there idiot
>>
Delivering pizzas in college

Fuck me right?
>>
>If you can afford to live without my charity stop living
>>
File: fedora x 4.jpg (78 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
fedora x 4.jpg
78 KB, 500x500
>>74080836
There's only one kind of tipping going on in here
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 2597x820) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 2597x820
>>74080836
Occasionally I forget what kind of low caliber people inhabit this board, then this subject comes up and half the board pops up and show their innate niggerdom and kikery.

Literally the only people who don't tip are nigs and kikes. That's it.

If you don't tip well you are on their tier.
>>
>>74080836
>if you cant afford to feed yourself with your wages, get a better job
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.