[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Non-bait statement: >i believe martial arts instills more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
Non-bait statement:

>i believe martial arts instills more discipline than being in the military

Prove me wrong, oh yeah, you can't.

>more soldiers have commmitted mass shootings in their compounds per capita compared to the amount of mma fighters that have gone on a rampage and beat someone to a pulp or killed them
>>
>>74059346
>what is sample size
>>
It doesn't instill more discipline . That's just a dumb statement... It does instill discipline though. If you can do both that is the most discipline.
>>
>>74059346
Martial arts are almost entirely recreational, meaning you can go home if it gets too hard for your personal comfort threshold. In the military, basic training in particular you have at least a month long period of absolute nonstop hell designed to take you to your perceived limits and way beyond in order to instill the qualities (discipline amongst them) they desire you to have.

Mass shootings in the military I would attribute almost entirely to PTSD and other mental disorders stemming from extremely harsh times that are part and parcel of the military experience. It only reinforces the relative softness of the martial arts.
>>
>join the military
>first day
>drill sergeant has a bad attitude
>tell him to kiss my ass and call him a "tough guy"
>he tries to throw me on the ground
>I judo his ass into the fetal position
>I stomp his ass real good
>Another sergeant comes rushing in
>Smack him across the face and say "drop and give me 100 faggot ass military bitch"
>Stomp his ass on the 3rd pushup
>Given purple heart
>Bronze star
>Gold star
>Gold heart
>$100,000 dollars
>>
>>74059346
>Martial arts
1 person
>Military
Vast amount of people

Fighting is about camaraderie at the end of the day not singular skills.
Singular skills definitely have a place but group discipline > singular discipline.

That is just how it is.
>>
People have been witnessing shit that is magnitudes above whatever modern day soldiers are dealing with.
The only change is in this completely fucked up way we treat it.
We expect them to get fucked up, we talk about how awful it is, everything is touchy feely whiny cryie.

Ever notice how vietnam, the watershed event for soldiers with PTSD came exactly on que with the fucking hippie scene?

WW1 didn't do it, WWII didn't do it. The civil war didn't do it. Fucking medieval times didn't do it. Nope, some jungle fighting did it.

Maybe, just maybe our approach to mental health is not helping but actually exacerbating the problem? Maybe, since you know nature is brutal as fuck, humans innately know how to deal with killing each other, and talking about it all of the god damn time and acting like someone is broken who has had to go through it is not the way to handle it.

Maybe pushing that shit way deep down inside you like men are supposed to is actually the fucking way we evolved to emotionally deal with shit like bashing someone's brains in with a hammer or burning an entire village to the ground and raping all the women.
>>
>>74059346
As someone who wasted tons of time and money on various martial arts in his life, I laugh at your ridiculous statement. Having a job instills discipline, and being in the military is a job.
>>
FAT STARWARS KID DETECTED
>>
>>74060092
Funny you mention Vietnam, The days of active duty for infantry in Vietnam compared to WW2 was 4:1.
The soldiers were exhausted and just like shellshock appeared with artillery barrages in WW1, guerilla warfare had a whole new vast array of surprises for soldiers.
You are really downplaying what the average soldier in Vietnam had to go through day to day and it really shows your youth.
>>
ROLL AROUND ON THE FLOOR WITH ANOTHER SWEATY MALE FOR HOURS
>instills discipline
>>
Wrong, and I'd personally say that cross country in stills more discipline than martial arts. The reason is that in college and high school cross runners usually have the highest gpa consistently.
>>
Martial arts is stupid anyway
>>
>>74060542
>youth
lol yeah excuse me for not being a 60 something jungle vet.

Vietnam was nowhere close to the first time American, let alone human civilization, fought gorilla warfare. It's been around for fucking ever but nobody came home and shit their pants over it until the love generation came along, gave women the vote, and started talking about feelings on a regular basis.
>>
>>74059346

it's true lmao, military training is literal brainwashing (putting people under physical duress that only gets worse if they dont internalize your ideology and follow your orders which includes thinking they're under constant danger of death and kill whoever they're told to) which is why half of all the serial killers I've ever read around have had military service and a US soldier kills themselves every fucking hour
>>
Oh I've trained in Mai tai jujitsu and wrestling for five years at my dojo. I can beat up anyone who isn't trained. Except for any actual real situation that I'd have to defend myself you where weapons are involved. Martial arts should only be taken if you enjoy them as a sport, get a gun if you want to defend yourself. And they're way overhyped for how hard they are.
>>
>>74061191
>mai tai
ouch I bit le tricky hook
>>
>>74060799

Why?

Get fit.

Learn discipline.

Learn strategies for self defense.

How is that stupid?
>>
>>74060806
I cant argue with you, youre too retarded
>>
>>74059346
>>more soldiers have commmitted mass shootings in their compounds per capita compared to the amount of mma fighters that have gone on a rampage and beat someone to a pulp or killed them
Recalculate for differences in scale, scope, and training focus then get back to us.
>>
>>74061519
Because you're not going to get mugged by an Asian Kung fu gang
>>
>>74059346
In America 22 vets kill themselves every day :^)
>>
>>74060092
I agree that we are not dealing with it right. But pushing it deep down is not the answer. Listen, men need to be able to talk to other men about manly shit. Like war. When I came back from Iraq all I wanted to talk about it. The good and the bad. Like the time one of our trucks hit a guard shack and the Iraqi Police felt they should fire some rounds at us out of disgust. So on our way back we hopped a median and ran an MRAP through their shitty fucking shack.

Or when we take bets to see who could hit the kids throwing rocks at us with point blank rounds. Or shooting the cars who would try to get in our convoys with crowd dispersal rounds. or the time we would throw candy at kids in hot spots to see if the trigger man had the balls to blow the kids up or not.

Now that was the fun, but also we got lost guys. RPG took out a gunner. EFP blew through a cab killing 2. These things all happen and it would be nice to talk about it without being asked if I had PTSD. Everyone I know who has been labeled with PTSD has been living a downward ass spiral of a life. They let these things all get to them. It pays though. $2300 a month for PTSD and a few other claims is tempting. But each and every single one of them that claimed disability for PTSD has become a shitty fucking person. Depressed and easily "triggered" when I knew what they went through. I was there with them the entire time.

But they let their greed get to them. Now they feel like they need to play the part and they use it as an excuse to act like babies.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.