[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Trump decide to run for office
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: 1461679839837.png (151 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1461679839837.png
151 KB, 300x400
So, /pol/ why do you think Trump decided to run for office?
>Option 1: He lost a bet
>Option 2: He's trying to win a bet

Don't get me wrong, I like and support trump - not that I think it'll make any difference, I'd just like to see what it would look like if he were president. Also, wall.
>>
He wants to leave a great legacy.
>>
File: magawave.png (642 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
magawave.png
642 KB, 800x800
>>74054384
He's tired of the decisions being made in Washington which are very clearly influenced by special interests and donors. What true patriot would allow:

>illegal immigration to continue at it's current
rate
>trade deals that strip the USA of it's manufacturing jobs
>Un-vetted muslim refugees into the country that could be criminals and jihadists
>>
>>74054384
He's run third party before. And he's talked about politics since the 90s. He loves this country, it just finally got so fucking bad that he couldn't sit NY anymore, and the fire under his ass was lit hotter than Jamal's cigarette
>>
>>74054384
The man has won at essentially everything he's done from birth to now. He's gunning for the most important public position in the world to finish off that legacy of victory. He's got a new boy growing up in the America he used to love as it deteriorates around him. He's got grandchildren coming that will grow up in a weak America unless he does something about it. He's doing it for ego, family, and to just right the wrongs in our self serving government. Anything you know about the US government it's guaranteed Trump knows 8x more. Everyone who has viewed him as a clown has been played. A clown doesn't beat 17 other candidates for a position months before he needs to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEPs17_AkTI
>>
So far, the biggest scandal... Trump did a publicity stunt where he invented the shitpost years ago by impersonating a PR faggot. News media can't handle it. Meanwhile, Hillary's body count goes unreported. That's why Trump is running for office, that's why he'll win.
>>
because he can.

If you could wouldn't you? Fuck yeah I'd run and say whatever the fuck I wanted. No donors to worry about, 0 asses to kiss. It's exactly what people have wanted in a politician for decades now and he finally brought it.

I think at a certain point he shifted gears and realized that we were desperate for someone to pump the fucking breaks for a second and give us a breather here.
So much shit is happening and it has felt like we've been working from the bottom of the list up for the last 13 years. After 9/11 we had a clear goal but then other shit started to happen. The sink started leaking, the toilet stopped running, the hot water heater got a little less hot every day. But we were still 100% committed to helping our neighbor build their shed and people started to get fed up with it.

You know what I think was a big motivator for him? When the zoning commission told him his giant american flag over his golf course was too big and he had to take it down.
That moment would have motivated me to say "Fuck you palm beach! I am gonna run for president, win, and pass a law that says no american flag is ever too big for anything and violating that law will get you labeled an enemy of freedom and thrown into guantanamo bay you fucking traitorous terrorist swine"
>>
>>74055519
I refuse to believe a group of fucking AMERICANS told Donald J Trump that his AMERICAN flag was TOO BIG.

WE'RE FUCKING AMERICA! NO AMERICAN FLAG IS TOO BIG! WE'RE GONNA FUCKING MAKE AN AMERICAN FLAG MOON KOOZIE AND WRAP THE MOON IN THAT SHIT JUST TO REMIND EVERYONE WHO GOT THERE FIRST!

It sickens me that there are American born Americans that aren't the most patriotic motherfuckers on the planet. You essentially won the birth lottery by being born here and you aren't gonna respect that? Get the fuck out.
>>
File: 1461861631155.jpg (48 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
1461861631155.jpg
48 KB, 330x319
>>74055519
Like I said, I like the guy, he's refreshing.

But!

lel. You're commited to what, helping other nations? Yeah, no. Pump the breaks there little fella. You're actually doing it for corporate gains - no-one you've helped is living any better, usually it's the opposite. So yes, please, stop it.
>>
>>74054384
He has literally nothing better to do.
>>
>>74054624
fpbp

Trump will become a household name just like the Kennedys and Bushs
>>
File: 1462983258196.png (623 KB, 1213x1020) Image search: [Google]
1462983258196.png
623 KB, 1213x1020
>>74054384
Revenge for those who died on 9/11.
>>
>>74055075
Came here to post this, and the link was exactly what I had in mind.
Yes he flip flops on nonsense issues, but he's very consistent on the ones that truly matter
>>
People have wanted him to run for president for at least two decades.
He sees incompetent politicians who make his country go to shit and everyone goes to him for advice. He keeps telling them that he doesn't want to run for president and he will only do it when things are so bad he has no other choice. Now things are so bad he does not have a choice. It's run for president or watch your country get destroyed by Hillary Clinton.

He's a hero.
>>
>>74054384

Attention.

He did this the last time, he new he wouldn't get elected then, and probably thought "what the hell, might as well, more publicity can't hurt...", this time around.

He is flopping around more than many politicians are recorded doing nowadays, except maybe Kerry, (that guy was the King of the waffle house) because I think it has finally hit him:

"oh shit, I might have a chance, what do I do? How am I gonna work this? I wasn't expecting this! Oh man..."

Everyone is so pissed at the current system, that a blowhard professional publicity stuntman might actually get the presidency. Every knows the candidates. When I say "knows them" I mean, actively realizes that they all are dishonest and slimy clowns of the reptilian persuasion.

And thus, a meme candidate was thrust into the spotlight.
>>
>>74055822

This desu senpai. The man is a billionaire whose fucked numerous supermodels. Really, what's left?
>>
>>74055985

he knew*
>>
>>74055985
Back to your cuckshed.
>>
>>74054384
Personal vendetta against the Bush family.
>>
>>74055985
This always bothers me. When people call Trump a professional reality show star / publicity generator / other nonsense. It downplays his literal decades of real estate work before he did any of that shit. Donald Trump isn't Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian. He had to work his ass off and play smart to get where he is.
>>
>>74054384
Like everything else he's achieved, if he feels like doing it, he will.
>>
>>74054384

He's a narcissist billionaire, what else is he going to do? It's like people have already forgotten Ross Perot.
>>
>>74056180
Difference is Trump is actually competent.
>>
>>74054624
This right here.

It's also why you can trust him to do what he says he will.
>>
>>74054384

You forgot

3.) To ensure Hillary wins.
>>
>>74056206

> laughinggirls.jpg

Good one merifat.
>>
>>74054384
>Born into rich family
>Succeed at almost everything you try
>Have a big family
>Upgrade to a hotter wife every couple of years
>See fellow elites fucking up your country
>"I bet I could do it better"
>Going down in history as the savior of the US would also be nice
Something like this, I'd imagine.
>>
Because he is a true patriot. He has achieved every possible goal and instead of retiring to a life of unimaginable luxury he is offering up his unique abilities to serve the country he loves. Anyone questioning his patriotism need only look to his famous NYT ad that he placed at his own expense years ago.
>>
All American kids growing up were told that if we worked hard enough and did things the right way, any one of us could become president. It is part of the American dream. A lot of people blow this off as just some pie in the sky fantasy, but Trump ran with it and I think it's great.
>>
>>74055810
it was an analogy bromrade.

I mean we were focused on outside shit. The war on terror, the war in iraq, the global financial crisis, the this the that the big fucking problem halfway around the world that I quite frankly don't give a shit about. Our domestic policy has done fuck nothing but pass a series of increasingly controversial bills like universal healthcare and gay marriage, and shut down over impasse on several separate occasions.

He's looking at this and saying "jesus christ it's a mess, let's focus on some domestic issues and get control of our lives again. Issue 1 fuck these muslims in particular. Issue 2, lets go ahead and get alllll these illegal immigrants the fuck out of here. Issue 3, lets stop getting bent over the barrel and fucked by everyone on trade, issue 4 lets stop sending jobs overseas, issue 5 lets maybe start taking this islamic death cult a little more seriously before something crazy happens, and then maybe we can fucking worry about how china and japan are getting along or what russia thinks about ukraine joining the EU.
>>
>>74056276
Interesting point.

So, this might be a dumb question, but please keep in mind I'm a poor little farmboy from nowheres:

Who actually elects the US president, also what is the electoral college? (gimme the tl;dr plz)
>>
>>74056111

And? So he is a business professional and successful. He is also an ambitious man who likes to stir the pot and generate publicity, and he is a bombastic blowhard. He can be an experienced realtor while being a publicity generator. Real-estate isn't the only thing he does.

If you had asked anyone earlier on, whether or not he had a chance, the answer would likely have been no. Before, he was yet another face in the polls like Larry Flint.

Things have gotten so bad. People have gotten so divided, that someone like Trump actually has a chance. Everyone is pissed. They are pissed about their offerings this time around. It goes beyond merely having a competition between a douche bag and a shit sandwich.

Things aren't going well for the man on the street. When they see the people that are running now, they see the same old disaster. They see a game that has been rigged. People seem to be getting the feeling that the established candidates are leading them to uncomfortable places, kinda like the places Cruz might theoretically lead his daughter.

Someone like Trump actually having a chance, is kinda unreal. This would not have happened years back. I don't know if Trump is competent. But my alternatives are Shillary, or Bernie, the reaper of the middle class.

I am not happy. But I will vote for Trump.
>>
>>74056749
states get a certain number of votes basically based on population size. So like california gets 20. Wyoming gets 5.
Whoever wins a state, be it a 90% victory or a 53% victory gets allll the votes.
This is the reason why W Bush lost the popular election but won the actual election. More people voted for gore, but more states were won by bush.

This is also the reason why a vote for a third party candidate goes directly into the toilet.
>>
He's a narcissist and wants to show how popular and powerful he can be. He also likes the idea of tax cuts for the rich (i.e. himself)
>>
>>74056411
Googling this is proving hard, what's the ad? Searching Trump New York Times ad just gets articles in the NYT about attack ads.
>>
>>74056891
Do you really honestly believe that if he wins, it will be any different?

Even if he's intentions are honest, he can't do this overnight - it would be a longterm process, taking a lot longer than his two terms, before there would be any beneficial effects for the "common folk".

N'est pas?
>>
File: enhanced-12123-1436563120-13.png (345 KB, 625x916) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-12123-1436563120-13.png
345 KB, 625x916
>>74057169
>>
>>74057418
>Same policy in 87 as he has today
But he waffles!1111
Good going libs
>>
>>74056891
You wanna talk about the game being rigged? What normal fuking person can get a "small" loan of a million dollars?
>>
>>74054384
>So, /pol/ why do you think Trump decided to run for office?

He's been talking about the shit direction the country has been heading in for decades now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqWmB1L6yuQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peBa3SU46Qs
etcetcetc
>>
>>74057886
Remember that time he said that an form of expression must be stopped because it was creating monsters? But i'm sure he's all fluff and rainbows.
>>
>>74054981
You're not mentioning the like corps exploiting immigration and legislation
>>
>>74057257
At least he's an obstacle on the way of the globalists / NWO unlike Shillary
>>
>>74055031
>politics since the 90s
80s
>>
>>74055720
>You essentially won the birth lottery by being born here and you aren't gonna respect that?
I can't respect a government thats shit
>>
>>74058157
This. With Bush and Obama being joke presidents, he likely saw his chance at the Presidency. He has the money, fame, and respect to make an attempt and he is at the stage in his life where he doesn't need to give two shits if anybody is offended by him.

I highly doubt he expected to actually have a genuine shot. I imagine his original plan was simply to influence the selection process, but then once he saw that all his opponents were cucks he realised if he could get the GOP nomination it was pretty much guaranteed he would be President. Plus he was a very early adopter of social media for this election and absolutely dominates it.

I will be absolutely fucking gobsmacked if he loses against Clinton given all the fucking dirt on her that is going to be aired for the world to see.
>>
>>74056311
No one likes hilary
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.