[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's the job search pol? I finally gave up and applied
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: images.jpg (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12 KB, 225x225
How's the job search pol?

I finally gave up and applied to grad school...
>>
File: image.png (76 KB, 1162x850) Image search: [Google]
image.png
76 KB, 1162x850
I go to MEPS this week.

So it's going alright.
>>
>>74039947
Nah, I have a degree and speak Mexican. Landed a comfy 70k/year police officer job.
>>
>>74039947
>gave up looking for a way to make money
>do do something that puts you in debt

enjoy your feminism courses and finding out how to inject multiculturalism into every aspect of your life
>>
>>74039947
Worked my ass off, got an honors for my Masters, and now have my dream job.
I'm treated like a damned prince.

You CAN get a good job. A great job. It takes work.
>>
>>74039947

I gave up in 2006.

Luckily my wife makes bank, so I get to do yard work and bake cookies all day.
>>
>>74039947
How did you apply without work experience?

I had two interviews, one of the panel was actually my classmate. The other was checking my references. I thought I was gonna get an offer, but nothing came. :(

2 years now since my last job.
>>
>>74039947

> Had decent job
> Went to grad school
> Graduate tomorrow
> Now a dishwasher
> No prospects

Next time I hear someone talk about how we need more visas because no Americans know advanced mathematics or have technical skills I'm going to kick them in the balls.
>>
>>74040133
I applied to a probation officer job but failed the polygraph. $23 an hour, shit would have been cash

>>74040423
It will be in a business discipline. The business school with its capitalist principles is the temple of doom for SJWs. Plus its affordable and I'm awaiting what sort of funding they might provide.

>>74040701
Nice brosephina. What did you study?

>>74041279
My program doesn't require work experience. You didn't try to get in on the oil boom gravy train?
>>
>>74042146
Was a probation officer for 8 years. Got my Masters in education.
Now I teach and also head up an adult GED program.

I smile every day driving to work. I love what I do. I don't know if it's welcome, but I'll pray for you, my man. You'll get something that fits you. It may take time, but you'll find your niche.
>>
File: lbMIWzi.jpg (123 KB, 500x727) Image search: [Google]
lbMIWzi.jpg
123 KB, 500x727
>>74042812
Thank you.
>>
>>74039947
did you get an internship?
>>
>>74046366
Applied to a ton while getting my BA. Got nothing, those gay assholes.

What screwed me up was I decided to say fuck it and worked in the oil patch to stack some cash (which I did) but now the industry has gone tits up I'm left here with my dick in my hand...
>>
File: 1456018450927.jpg (49 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1456018450927.jpg
49 KB, 720x960
>>74039947
just went to a job interview at QFC for a deli clerk job, went okay
will probably get it since i have dem connections
yay, i guess
>>
>>74039947
worked bartending for 2 years after I graduated college. Got tired of it, finally cracked, asked my dad for some help and he got me a job at a marketing firm he contracts work out to. Nepotism isn't all that bad. make less than i did when i bartended but now I have a career and weekends off to hang with my cat and drink, and annoy my GF, so thats cool I guess... God damn fuck this gay earth.
>>
File: 1459653828274.png (289 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1459653828274.png
289 KB, 800x800
I've got my third interview for a company I really like (not going to say who or what they do out of sheer paranoia) coming up next week. They'll probably do a drug test, background check, the works and then give me an answer. I'd have to move pretty far, but I'd still get to stay in my current state so I don't mind it too much.
>>
>>74047259
I've always wished I could get somewhere through nepotism but no one in my family seems to be in a position to help each other out in that way.

I always feel like I'm striking it out on my own regarding careers and education, with little guidance. Doesn't really bother me though.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.