[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is taking psychedelics (Shrooms, LSD, DMT) redpilled or is it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: groovy.jpg (717 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
groovy.jpg
717 KB, 1600x1200
Is taking psychedelics (Shrooms, LSD, DMT) redpilled or is it just a childish pursuit?

I can't help but think the whole 'opening up your mind/perceptions, dismantling your ego etc. etc.' thing is all mumbo jumbo.
>>
It is, Its also a good way to nudge yourself into a psychological break.

Only retarded hippies champion psychedelics. That shit will literally blow you mind
>>
>>74039057

Id love some pure LSD-25, but it's never pure. Its never good. Its always shit.

Mushrooms are all I have in this life.
>>
>>74039218
Yeah for all of 5-12 hours and thats it, hence why I'm beginning to think it's just a childish pursuit.
>>
Worth doing once or twice just to get an experience that you would never be able to have any other way in your whole life. It'll change the way you think about at least a few things, maybe in a genuinely useful way.

But there's a reason psychedelics are associated with new age idiots. The problem with the mumbo jumbo is that people think that if it's an intense and unusual experience, it must somehow be real or reflect something profound about reality.

It isn't. I have bipolar disorder, so I can tell you from personal experience that there are a million and one ways your brain can have crazy thoughts that have nothing to do with reality. If you could consistently have genuine insights, open up your mind/perceptions, and learn things about reality just by chemically causing your brain to malfunction, science wouldn't have had to spend all those thousands of years to accumulate the meager real knowledge we have today.

Yes, it's mumbo jumbo.
>>
I'm starting to think all these psychedelic threads are some government psyop to turn us into degenerates
>>
Profound delusions are all they are. Literally just your brain on drugs. I'd say it's still worth the experience though.
>>
>>74040541
Bear in mind when I say childish I don't mean it's a bad thing necessarily. It's fun sure, which in itself gives it value, but I don't get all these people that are profoundly changed by their experiences.

>>74040661
Yeah, because the US government would really pay someone from Hong Kong to post a thread on psyches.
>>
>>74039057

I'm the kind of person who'd try them once if they were legal, but since they aren't I won't.

I think that even if I tried them I'd be unimpressed and consider them a distraction for low-IQ hippies

I really can't think of many intelligent people who used them. Tons drank, a few smoked pot (much more rare, though, and I think it's dumb nonetheless) but none took shrooms and contributed to society
>>
>>74041005
>eah, because the US government would really pay someone from Hong Kong to post a thread on psyches.

Why wouldn't they?
>>
I still can't decide. I've had truly spiritual experiences that have rocked me to my core, and I've had nights spent feeling literally like I was a child again.

The psychedelic experience is just so interesting and different, I think it would be a mistake to miss out on completely.

>>74041407
People are generally a lot less open about tripping than they are about drinking.
>>
>>74041780
given that this is /pol/ and people believe in things like crisis actors and sandyhook being staged and whatnot I think its fair to assume that whatever nonsense that exists is probably someones pet belief
>>
>>74039057
Psychedelics are randomisers.
Unless you're already a great scientist/artists, i.e. have a huge library of ideas and concepts for your brain to possibly produce things with, it's completely undefensible and 100% degenerate.
>>
>>74039057
It's about what you take out of it. Don't accept the dogma that psychedelics ultimately turn all users into unwashed wooks or that there's some kind of divine center to all psychedelic experience. The way some of these fucks interpret it is downright religious.
>>
>>74039057
if you think taking LSD etc could be 'childish' you have never taken them or taken enough of them... having your sense of yourself obliterated in the blink of an eye finding your"self" like a new born baby without any frame of reference is not anything childish...the new born metaphor notwithstanding
>>
File: 1409726092418.jpg (126 KB, 406x537) Image search: [Google]
1409726092418.jpg
126 KB, 406x537
>>74039057
If you're talking about any mind blowing revelations, you probably won't have them. If you're on /pol/ you should be self aware enough to not break down after you realize some kind of nihilistic reality. Basically if you've got your head on straight to being with it'll just be a very fun little trip.
>>
Try them for yourself and stop littering /pol/ with this garbage.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.