[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITS HAPPENING!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 38
File: 141885849730 (1).jpg (46 KB, 565x238) Image search: [Google]
141885849730 (1).jpg
46 KB, 565x238
"Over a Hundred Scientists, Lawyers, and Entrepreneurs Hold Secret Meeting to Consider Creating a Synthetic Human Genome"
>Scientists are now contemplating the fabrication of a human genome, meaning they would use chemicals to manufacture all the DNA contained in human chromosomes

"While the project is still in the idea phase, and also involves efforts to improve DNA synthesis in general, it was discussed at a closed-door meeting on Tuesday at Harvard Medical School in Boston".

"The nearly 150 attendees were Told not to contact the news media or to post on Twitter during the meeting.
Organizers said the project could have a big scientific payoff and would be a follow-up to the original Human Genome Project, which was aimed at reading the sequence of the three billion chemical letters in the DNA blueprint
of human life. The new project, by contrast, would involve not reading, but rather writing the human genome — synthesizing all three billion units from chemicals.
But such an attempt would raise numerous ethical issues. Could scientists create humans with certain kinds of traits, perhaps people born and bred to be soldiers? Or might it be possible to make copies of specific people?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/14/science/synthetic-human-genome.html
>>
Sexbots and artificial wombs here we go
>>
File: 1324689799001.jpg (234 KB, 1900x1267) Image search: [Google]
1324689799001.jpg
234 KB, 1900x1267
>>73985012
>While the project is still in the idea phase
>>
>>73985012
It was bound to happen, bigger issue is how and what for will it be used.
>>
>>73985012
>Could scientists create humans with certain kinds of traits, perhaps people born and bred to be soldiers?
yes, but why would you do that if you have drones ?
>Or might it be possible to make copies of specific people?
people aren't formed 100% by their genetics but atleast 50% comes from their experiences

Doing this would be good for future space travel
>>
She won't live but then again, who does...
>>
>>73985012
I bet there wasn't a single Chinese national there. This is just mental masturbation, and socializing. The Chinese going to be engineering themselves 160 IQs, and double lifespans while the west is debating whether transexual siblings can get married, and asking how we make it illegal to be unequal.
>>
>>73985457
This. We Transhuman now.
>>
>>73985220
We wait until they make super soldiers. America will annex Canada which will cause China to invade the US in the year 2077 the bombs will drop and everyone will live in vaults provided for by the Jew. A hero will emerge and have to fight the mutated super soldiers ahhhh you know the rest......
>>
File: image.gif (802 KB, 275x206) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
802 KB, 275x206
>>73985012
The abundant use of "chemicals" makes it obvious that this was written by a scientifically illiterate person.
>>
>tfw Im not a perfected human being made in a lab
>>
>You will never protect cute girl clones with repressed emotions from evil scientists and their cruel experiments

Such misfortune
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (6 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
6 KB, 480x360
>>73985698
and this, Marco, is what makes you human after all
>>
File: lds5kn7tzjpcnteppyrv.jpg (650 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
lds5kn7tzjpcnteppyrv.jpg
650 KB, 1920x1080
>TFW you might be able to hunt replicants soon
>>
>>73985752
and this, Aart, is why my life is suffering.
>>
File: Leon_Kowalski.png (99 KB, 300x230) Image search: [Google]
Leon_Kowalski.png
99 KB, 300x230
>>73985870
>TFW you might be able to fuck replicants soon
>>
File: 1459899427662.jpg (69 KB, 340x372) Image search: [Google]
1459899427662.jpg
69 KB, 340x372
WE /BRAVE NEW WORLD/ NOW
>>
>synthesizing a sequence over 3 gigabase long
>not just making a recombinant genome from like 1000 human samples

That is the most retarded thing I could ever imagine, the cost of commercial gene synthesis is still way too high. As an example I'll do some shitty math assuming the whole sequence is just made in one go (which is wrong, they'll still end up having to ligate different fragments together because it's a giant fucking genome).

We use genscript for making genes, and though our stuff we get from them is smaller they can make sequences up to 15 kilobase at a low, low cost of $0.45/base pair. Divide a little over 3 billion in half. 1.5 billion USD is fucking retarded and they would be better off pulling genes and fragments from pre-existing samples than to try and synthesize a new one.
>>
File: Tremendously overrated.jpg (13 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
Tremendously overrated.jpg
13 KB, 259x194
>>73985870
Never understood the Appeal of this movie. I always thought it was Nothing more than dry, self-felating, psuedo-intellectual garbage for neckbeards
>>
>>73985217
"Ideas phase". Kek, its widely known that theres already gene projects in China and probably America in the works in one of em black projects. This is more for setting up the legal framework for genetic engineering of humans so then when the inevitable does happen and we start having private companies experiment on human genomes, there wont be a clusterfuck of lawsuits. Youre naive if you think governments and big corps arent tempering with the human genome or investing in gene editing for humans.Everyone knows that this is the future, and multibillion dollar bioengineering corporations and governments like be prepared for whatever the future might bring.
>>
File: Gattaca.gif (965 KB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
Gattaca.gif
965 KB, 500x294
>>73985012

GATTACA HERE WE COME!!!
>>
>>73986074
It's like a pretty woman decked out in expensive clothing and jewelry. It's nice to look at, and just enough to tolerate any banality that might come along with it.
>>
Can planned parenthood replace all the senpais babbys with this when they go in for their free screenings? Senpais having 150iq babbys yes pls.
>>
File: the shining caretaker.png (564 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
the shining caretaker.png
564 KB, 1280x800
>>73985916
>Aart
wat?
>>73986074
Its pretty well made for its time

and in case you don't know : This dystopian future is being propagated by our leaders as the "ideal" society, where one perversion is better than the other, people without real home or ancestry are growing up besides each other
etc.
>>
>>73986102
>its widely known that theres already gene projects in China and probably America in the works in one of em black projects
This, I laugh whenever I read one of those government waste stories detailing how $900 got spent on a toilet seat or how a $20,000 budget for screws got exhausted in a month. We're good at pretending to be inefficient and then funneling the 'lost' money to off-the-books shit.
>>
I guess in a few decades we will have to replace the concept of race by the concept of brand.

>Those fucking monsanto niggers are ruining the country. Their average IQ is less than 150, they are literally retarded!
>>
>all new children born are genetically engineered superhumans with impeccable good looks, massive muscles and height, and genius level intelligence
This is only going to work if we can change our genes too
>>
>>73985347
>people aren't formed 100% by their genetics but atleast 50% comes from their experiences
And, of course, you have no source for this. Most studies on the subject show that personality (especially intelligence) is far more than 50% genetic.
http://www.nytimes.com/1986/12/02/science/major-personality-study-finds-that-traits-are-mostly-inherited.html?pagewanted=all
>>
File: 12312314234315.jpg (31 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
12312314234315.jpg
31 KB, 500x500
>>73986271
>This dystopian future is being propagated by our leaders as the "ideal" society, where one perversion is better than the other, people without real home or ancestry are growing up besides each other
Sounds like the premise of a MUCH better story I once read
>>
>>73986074

Because you're a tasteless faggot.

It's the greatest sci-fi movie of its time.
>>
File: 1416852542034.jpg (35 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
1416852542034.jpg
35 KB, 400x462
>>73986658
>It's the greatest sci-fi movie of its time.
>Not 2001: A space Odyssey
Fuck off, pedro
>>
>>73985012
We should not play with it.

>muh human the ruler of the universe
>can't even find a gf
>>
Hope they create someone smart enough to get this human plague off the planet and into an industrial space revolution
>>
>>73986581
you didn't understand what I meant

The reason for people getting forward in the scientific area isn't 100% you genetics (intelligence, personality) but its also part of the struggle, the intersexual countership

There are good books about evolution-psychology
>>
>>73986777
Kubrick is a hack. Critics just like circle jerking over 2001 because of le pretty colors.
>>
>>73986777
They are twenty years apart, guys.
>>
>>73986957
It truly is the greatest science fiction motion picture, isn't it?
>>
>>73986814
We already have that and his only obstacle is a mental illness where he thinks he has to let terrorists into his country and not overthrow his traitor government.
>>
>>73986306
Exactly, most governments know that this is the new arms race. You think governments dont know about the Jewish problem? They are very aware. They know so much but they choose to keep a secret because they know this society isnt ready. Or perhaps they would like to keep the population semi retarded so then it wojld be easier to exploit the sheeple. Now they know that China is trying to engineer their population to be 140 IQ 6 foot 2 enhanced humans and they know their prosperity and position in the world is in jeopardy if China reaches their goal first. They might even export gene technology to their allies. We see how much the Jews are prospering as a result of their enhanced IQs, ans their IQs are only 15 point above average, just imagine if China manages to,create millions of perfect or near perfect 130+ IQ emhanced humans? They would control the world for a thousand years.
>>
>>73986957
>Kubrick is a hack
You went full retard
>>
>>73986777

Choke on a crack pipe Tyrone

The movies are two decades apart.
>>
>secret meeting

clickbait headline, don't fall for stupid shit
>>
>>73986526
>not being a brain in a jar and crushing mutant skulls with your robo arms

pleb
>>
>>73985012
Clone Wars incoming?
>>
>>73987282
Well when theymsay secret meeting, they usually mean joirnalists arent allowed to attend, amd those who attend like scientists or lawyers or entrepreneurs would have a gag order and they could face prosecution or face a fine if they divulged anything to the public.
>>
>>73985012
Looks like white ppl are saved.
>>
Synthetic human == human?
>>
File: Gilliam at his finest.jpg (29 KB, 250x390) Image search: [Google]
Gilliam at his finest.jpg
29 KB, 250x390
>>73987269
>>73986984
>Of it's time
Nope, That title is already taken by a wide margin
>>
btw have you guys seen this movie?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKW-Gd_S_xc
Its fucking awesome (even though it has this typicall 21th century feelsy bullshit (eww my daughter died when she was only 2 years old blabla) things in it)
Its much better than this new "interstellar" movie, where every 2 seconds theres stupid drama about characters you don't care about
>>
>Everyone worried about BNW, 1984, or some sort of super oligarchy forming
>No one realizing that we catgirl now
>Literally if that one russian surgeon manages to succeed in that brain transplant
>>
>>73987731
Lets call them !Humans
>>
File: 1461527570353.jpg (222 KB, 1005x1024) Image search: [Google]
1461527570353.jpg
222 KB, 1005x1024
>>73985012
>Or might it be possible to make copies of specific people?
Gives a whole new dimension to the phrase "The Eternal Jew", doesn't?

Too bad it'll be expensive for all but the most select of goyim.
>>
>>73987871
true?
>>
>>73985012
FUCK YES

Godspeed, you beautiful niggers. Don't let the chinks beat us at this.
>>
File: orion designs.jpg (104 KB, 700x491) Image search: [Google]
orion designs.jpg
104 KB, 700x491
>>73987773
Gravity was alright, even if it got pretty stupid with her hopping from one orbit to another so easily. Interstellar just stopped being a movie near the end and became a bad student film.
>>
>>73987958
>placing some stupid statue in front of you bookshelf, proving that you don't read the books

Wew lad, if you wouldn't know better you'd think this guy is a 20 year old art student
>>
>muh ethics blahblahblah, can't let you do that, evil scientist

Fuck off, we're literally THIS close to finally being able to get rid of all the traditional women. I for one am waiting for the great celebration where we line up all the traditional women and shoot them to welcome our new artificial wombs and bioengineered sex slaves

It will be glorious
>>
File: trans.jpg (79 KB, 640x358) Image search: [Google]
trans.jpg
79 KB, 640x358
>>73985543
>>
>>73985113
So traps will be able to make babies for the Fourth Reich? OMFG, Yes!
>>
>>73986271
Oh shit is Luxemburg.
kek
>>
>>73988186
My grandfather has a parlor like that in his house. He's read every one a few times. Eventually you get to the point where they are decoration and put statues in front of them, but you generally already know what's in them.
>>
>>73988178
No, artifical human isn't humanely.
>>
>>73986777

Nice trips

Checked

>ur still a faggot
>>
I dont get why Hitler fought for a master race so hard when shit like this would just come along
>>
>>73986526
Transhumanism can maybe save us, but theres a good chance that we will be collateral,damage in this new paradigm shift in Human evolution. I wouldnt mind seeing my grandson genetically engineered.
>>
>>73985012
I'm not giving nytimes more views. They're shit.
Can someone sum it up for me?

If OP got it right, that's fantastic news. The west is basically saved if this comes to pass.
>>
>>73989018
Pretty much. It is very unlikely that we will benefit from any of these researches. It might even end up badly for us. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't do it. Some sacrifices must be made if we want to ensure the long term survival of our species.
>>
>>73989018

thinking of what happened to Atlantis.our technology will eventually kills us.

>lets create GE baby
>human genome is being messed with
>whatcouldgowrong.jpg
>5 generations down the line everyone of them is born autistic and sterile
>thanks science!
>>
I just wonder what will come first, AI or Synthetic humans. Either way, we will have a major paradigm shift in human society and even human evolution later this century.
>>
>>73989353
Well by then we will probably have superintelligent AIs that will probably solve the problems cause by human engineering
>>
It would be a logical step. In time technology will allow us to created genetically modified offspring. High IQ, high Health/long lifespan, high social skills. The superhuman is just a few down the road. Fucking scary, but exciting at the same time.
>>
File: Nanoha the movie.jpg (2 MB, 2473x3489) Image search: [Google]
Nanoha the movie.jpg
2 MB, 2473x3489
>>73986074
Because it's an old movie and you have already experienced most of it through all the shitty knockoffs.
>>
>>73985012
GOD BLESS FINALLY
>>
>>73989353
You don't understand the real problem. If human will create something similar to human what is the uniqueness of humanity? It will be giant crisis of mankind.
>>
>>73989604

>believing the the startrek meme that all of our failings can be fixed by more tech

maybe the better half of society would just go back to its agricultural roots
>>
I don't understand what the difference is between synthetic and normal genomes but look at this, cost of sequencing is tanking so much that it'll cost a penny in 5 years.
>>
>>73989785
We've been striving to find another kind of smart being to talk to ever since we could conceive that there could be any, that's why we keep looking for alien life and trying to advance AI.
We're lonely.
>>
>>73989785

>If human will create something similar to human what is the uniqueness of humanity?
If life is indeed divine then it will be demonic spirits that will inhabit those things.
>>
>>73989785
Meh, worse has happened. Who care about "muh feels" when it comes progress. This might actually save us. Human evolution is too slow and unless we do the jewish thing and start selective interbreeding programs to increase our average IQs, we wont ever tramscend our feeble minds. Ge etic engineering is the cleaner way to improve the human race. Its better than eugenics.
>>
File: caveman science fiction.jpg (618 KB, 960x1299) Image search: [Google]
caveman science fiction.jpg
618 KB, 960x1299
>>73989785
>If human will create something similar to human what is the uniqueness of humanity?
The fact that we can create such a thing!
>>
>>73989877
But anon they have so far.
>>
File: having a drink.gif (967 KB, 245x250) Image search: [Google]
having a drink.gif
967 KB, 245x250
>>73985012
okay so what now i have to deal with some cyber new types?
>>
>>73990055
We aren't lonely. Even imageboard users have someone to talk.

>>73990056
Maybe it will be just bio computer? What is humanely in human? Will?
>>
>>73986074
It captures the concept of AI very well.
>>
>>73990510
>We aren't lonely
We're the only example of intelligent life we know of, of course we are lonely as a species. We can talk to one another sure, but you and I will probably never talk to anything smart that isn't a human, unless AI truly takes off in our lifetime. I think even finding indirect evidence of civilization elsewhere among the stars, even having no way to contact, would put the 'are we all there is?' existentialism to bed, in a good way.
>>
>>73990133
If nothing special in humanity, in human life, what is the purpose of existence? Existence of the universe, of humanity? Why just don't take a gun in hands and go outside?
>>
>>73985012
Daily reminder that scientists have already stitched together a bacterial genome from scratch using a computer, and then transplanted the DNA into a DNA-lacking bacterial cell which then proceeded to grow & divide like normal.

>FROM SCRATCH
>USING A COMPUTER

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mycoplasma_laboratorium
>>
>>73990510
I think Pratchet puts a pretty firm grasp on the idea of just what a human is.

All right," said Susan. "I'm not stupid. You're saying humans need... fantasies to make life bearable."

>REALLY? AS IF IT WAS SOME KIND OF PINK PILL? NO. HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.

"Tooth fairies? Hogfathers? Little—"

>YES. AS PRACTICE. YOU HAVE TO START OUT LEARNING TO BELIEVE THE LITTLE LIES.

"So we can believe the big ones?"

>YES. JUSTICE. MERCY. DUTY. THAT SORT OF THING.

"They're not the same at all!"

>YOU THINK SO? THEN TAKE THE UNIVERSE AND GRIND IT DOWN TO THE FINEST POWDER AND SIEVE IT THROUGH THE FINEST SIEVE AND THEN SHOW ME ONE ATOM OF JUSTICE, ONE MOLECULE OF MERCY. AND YET—Death waved a hand. AND YET YOU ACT AS IF THERE IS SOME IDEAL ORDER IN THE WORLD, AS IF THERE IS SOME...SOME RIGHTNESS IN THE UNIVERSE BY WHICH IT MAY BE JUDGED.

"Yes, but people have got to believe that, or what's the point—"

>MY POINT EXACTLY.
>>
Genetic profiling
lmfao
Niggers, arabs and abos BTFO permanently
They're not going to be blabber themselves out from this one
>>
Metal Gear Solid when?
>>
>>73990899

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mycoplasma_laboratorium

>took them 10 years to synthesise a single strand of a piece of bacterial genome

great fucking work.
>>
>>73991133
Got to start somewhere
>>
File: bnw.jpg (78 KB, 736x368) Image search: [Google]
bnw.jpg
78 KB, 736x368
>>73985012
Are we brave new world now?
>>
>>73991219
Yup. Also, there's no bullshit about "muh sacred cells," because it's all synthetic and from scratch.
>>
>Be spic getting a meme stem degree
>sitting in bioethics
>genetic manipulation topic comes up
>I'm in favor of it, if we can pick the very best traits why not?
>but anon, only the rich would be able to do it
>good they earned that right
>but they're all white and will just want to make better white people!
>so your argument is that you don't want white people to be even better?
>no but we don't need more white people!
>shut up and just listen to the rest of the lecture
This is extremely condensed and their emotionally driven arguments were basically, "muh white people will be better humans and I don't want that!"
This was also an entire lecture hall shrieking this shit at me, not one person sided with me. Niggers, spics, whites and sand people all stroking each other's dick about the evil white race against a Mexican. I give this country 20 years before we go full Germanistan if we don't unfuck ourselves.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (70 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
70 KB, 1280x720
>>73991129
>yfw Donald Trump will win and present us Solid Snake that will save the west
>>
File: 1461897834612.jpg (9 KB, 235x250) Image search: [Google]
1461897834612.jpg
9 KB, 235x250
>>73985012
HUMAN PRIDE WORLD WIDE

DEATH TO ALL SYNTH SCUM
>>
File: 1455628820748.png (339 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1455628820748.png
339 KB, 960x720
>>73987137
>australian flag
>he fell for the IQ meme
>>
File: TheMasterOfTheUniverse.jpg (610 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
TheMasterOfTheUniverse.jpg
610 KB, 1200x900
Everything is going according to Plan
>>
File: images.jpg (23 KB, 559x263) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
23 KB, 559x263
>>73990880
>kek, He hasnt even taken the final ultimate Redpill

What if i told you thats theres no meaning to life?
>>
>>73985012
This was bound to happen, just like artificial general intelligence is bound to happen soon.
>>
File: 1387065113189.gif (926 KB, 227x200) Image search: [Google]
1387065113189.gif
926 KB, 227x200
>>73991234
>now
>>
>>73991219

by that rate they would still need to be going light year fast to even produce a bannana fruit. about the same rate we might be able to exit our galaxy is far more possible.
>>
>>73991423
How do you live? Why do you sit here on /pol/?
>>
>>73989785
ok you can step away and kill yourself then and become unique , take the cyanite pill and get out of the matrix...
>>
>>73991733
This is how I know you're not white.
>>
>>73985012

>people who can't even into the metric system had the idea of creating artificial humans

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>73991672
We need artificially born children. Everything else won't work otherwise.
>>
In an ideal world we could use this to give every untermensch dindu an übermenschen baby and in 100 years we'd be living in a 99.9% WhiteTopia without resorting to deportations and genocide.

But we're going to use it to give white families children that are black, disabled and genetically predisposed to homosexuality.
>>
>>73991917

but i am white u feg im just stating the obvious some crackpot devises a way to replicate a a couple strands of molecules and all of a sudden people go apeshit kneejerk about nothing.
>>
>>73991797
Make your own purpose you fucking shitstain you probably already do unless you're a dumb fuck who just works himself into the ground and follows what people force down his throat without a thought to himself. Make your own path through the world and universe and, while it may not move for you, you at least will never fear straying from it.
>>
CATGIRLS WHEN
>>
>>73992068
Cállate el hocico pendejo
Las personas en los estudios de ciencia usan el sistema métrico
Everyone else still uses the shit tier English system but people in these fields use metric
>>
>>73992139
>genetically predisposed to homosexuality

Cucked.
>>
>>73992170
You have to start somewhere.

I didn't comment on the people with apeshit kneejerk reactions. They are the same mongs yelling the LHC will create a black hole and implode the Earth,
>>
>>73991733
Exponential mean anything to you, Sparky?
>>
>>73987773
That movie had no idea how gravity works. It really brought out my inner autist.
>>
File: featuresize.png (14 KB, 463x308) Image search: [Google]
featuresize.png
14 KB, 463x308
>>73992457
I was actually going to mention exponential growth and technology development... But then I thought of transistor technology developments and wasn't entirely sure it was exponential. But yep, it is.
>>
>>73992278
You guys just tempt me. I did not expect this here on pol.
>>
>>73985012
they already have, this is just for show
>>
Whats most likey is that as more plebs lose jobs due to automation, society and the economy will become more and more focused on innovation and creativity, so they will empower the top 1 percent of humanity to create more jobs and wealth whilst eveeyome else will be one some type of basic income, altho this would be a pittance but enough for survival.

Eventually those with an IQ below 130 wont be able to have a living or employment since robots would have taken 99 percent of jobs. Society would eventually enter the jobless age. Innovators and Entrepreneurs would have more power and they would be treated like gods. People would need to engineer their children to be compeititve so then they could be amongst the creative/industrial/innovative class. Everyone becomes apart of this new class. Then the age of superhuman artificial intelligence will also render this class obsolete.
>>
File: warhammer-40-000-45997.jpg (213 KB, 1599x926) Image search: [Google]
warhammer-40-000-45997.jpg
213 KB, 1599x926
/tg/ here

FINALLY THE ASTATES LEGIONS WILL BE BORN AND THE TRUTH OF MANKIND SPREAD TO EVERY CORNER OF THE UNIVERSE

WHO READY FOR 30K?
>>
File: 1409376734324.jpg (10 KB, 220x245) Image search: [Google]
1409376734324.jpg
10 KB, 220x245
>>73985012
>mfw artificial humans are worse than autists and downies combined
>>
>>73985592
You are 12 years old.
>>
File: Lafiel (2).jpg (69 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Lafiel (2).jpg
69 KB, 720x480
>>73993193
Even in anime they're kind of autistic.
>>
>>73992669

anything past 8nm isnt possible so evidently computers will stop getting more powerful at some point in a couple of years. The new computer will have to be purely logical processes hence the dawn of quantum computing.
>>
>>73993342
>in a couple of years

lyl, if you think we'll reach 10 terabytes/s in bandwidth in a "couple of years" you're delusional.
>>
>>73993342
That's not the point of my post. But ok.

We are using general purpose CPU's for most of our stuff, which is inefficient.
One possibility is to let some sort of AI monitor active processes and look for algorithms they are using. Then using that information to configure a FPGA area in your CPU to implement those algorithms. You'll have areas meant specifically for those algorithms giving a significant speedboost instead of your CPU grinding away at them.
I've written a paper about this some years ago. Looks like it is taking off.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/03/14/intel_xeon_fpga/
>>
>>73989018
Your grandson is not going to be genetically engineered. You're talking 2100's technology. Before we engineer we will map what alleles cause which trait ect... The next hundred years will be like Gattaca but without the genetic engineering, people will do DNA test for specific traits like intelligence, loyalty ect.. for hirings, schooling, dating and it will be natural selection at the genetic level
>>
>>73994152
Egyptian kangz need not apply
>>
>>73993930
All these smart words for processing of terabytes of shit.(the most of the internet)
>>
>>73991423
The most blue pilled post of the day. This is literally half the posts on reddit...You have to go back
>>
>>73994419
Google already did an experiment where they used their search algorithms on FPGA. They got a 1000x performance increase or something.
>>
File: 1453709907231.jpg (50 KB, 552x615) Image search: [Google]
1453709907231.jpg
50 KB, 552x615
>>73994222
Trips of truth
>>
>>73992341

Mi verga en tu boca puñetas.
>>
Cloning, AI robotics and immortality (agelessness, but still) will lead to eternal tyranny under the elite.
>>
Seriously, with the amount of atheists and basically freedom of religion how are "ethical issues" in the way of science?
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 355x355
>>73985012
THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING
HAPPENING,
WERE NOT SCAREMONEGERING
>>
>>73991375

Ad Victoriam brother.
>>
>>73991329
>the rich earned that right
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
we should do it, but only if it's done by an accountable state
>>
File: paladin_trump.png (413 KB, 459x453) Image search: [Google]
paladin_trump.png
413 KB, 459x453
>>73991375
>>73995881
Well posted.
>>
File: images.jpg (18 KB, 531x277) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
18 KB, 531x277
>>73994152
Kek by that time we wont need Human engineering since theres a good chance that in the 2100s, we will have superhuman AI that could outsmart billions of geneticlaly modified humans. Biology will always have limits, the human brain cant compete with computers even with GMO humans.
>>
>>73992710
Then fucking do it
THE UNIVERSE HAS NO CARE FOR YOU
IT IS UP TO YOU TO PROVIDE YOUR DESTINY
SOME LOOK AT THE STARS AND SAY WHY, IF I'M SO INSIGNIFICANT
BUT THEY'RE FUCKING RETARDS
THE TRUE QUESTION IS "WHY THE FUCK NOT?"
>>
File: 1462638847489.jpg (60 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1462638847489.jpg
60 KB, 540x540
>>73985012
In the spirit of OP, but not trying to derail, what are some daily-life changes you see happening in your lifetime because of technology?

>2025
Google glass was just a stepping stone, people will change cellphones for chips and some kind of contact lense in the eyees. This will effectively make humans computer like and will become the new standard, making the chip-less less likely to become hired.

>2070
Flying cars is my guess.
>>
>>73986395
Having average intelligence is literally having an IQ of 100, stupid beaner lmao.
>>
>>73996872
I still believe Steve is alive in the Berenstein universe. I wish he was around today.
>>
Science?

GERMAN SCIENCE SHOW LITERALLY LYING ABOUT TRUMP

>>73995543
>>73995543
>>73995543
>>
>>73996299
So if you can self fund the project, and aren't hurting anyone you shouldn't be allowed to do it?
makes sense
>>
>>73987958
scary duo
>>
>>73994423
>Muh christianity and muh purpose is to worship a kike on a stick.
>>
>>73998602
>>73998202
Couldn't get it right the first time?
>>
File: city 17.jpg (140 KB, 1196x444) Image search: [Google]
city 17.jpg
140 KB, 1196x444
>>73993144
I'd just settle for a lasgun to be honest.

Also this is more Deus Ex type stuff than warhammer.
>>
>>73993193
or maybe you are not projecting well the possibilitys like using his kowledgeto replicate the human genoma make a copy of your cells system and replace your old cells , and mybe live like 1000 years instead of 100, life is short anyway, such quick ride
>>
And think you guys are wasting time with trans-humanism, because science this days is more futuristic then that, imtalking about quantum tehcnology and nano technology.

we dont nee t mergewit the machine we just need sme dozens of nano robots inside us as secondary imunne system
>>
>Even if you try your hardest you will never live long enough for this to be relevant
>Even if I became rich as fuck theres no guarantee you can transfer a conscious to an artificial mind

Tell me -- right now.

If I suddenly became THE Ubermensch could I make it hundreds of years into the future?
>>
>>74000363
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC8CUIID2HA
>>
>>74000670
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzFY5ms3AUc
>>
>>73985012
mfw in 50 years everyone will be white blonde blue eyed 6'6'' with over 160 iq and super human strength
>>
File: kirkfused.jpg (5 KB, 196x148) Image search: [Google]
kirkfused.jpg
5 KB, 196x148
>>73985012
Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaan?
>>
Think about this guys the generations before had 50 years of life time, in th presnt days 100 year probability , next generations will have up to 200 years life time , and the next ones will have 1000 years of life till where dont ask me but sure will hell of a ride one could wish
>>
>>73985012
>tfw gene therapy to make children resistant to common diseases will be common in your lifetime
>>
>>74002540
and more years of life time, i think next generations will live 200 years, at 100 year birthday they will have the physical aspect of a 30 year old guy .

Lucky bastards
>>
>>74002226
not only this, but they could also be much bigger than the average human is now
just imagine 200 years ago people in germany were 1.60 meters big
>>
>>73985012

>ethical issues

So while everyone is bickering about the "ethics" China will already have them, cool.
>>
>>73985592
>>73993272

>he didn't play Fallout

You are retarded.
Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.