[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>60% of Americans believe Noah’s ark is literally true
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 233
Thread images: 34
File: lol.png (110 KB, 818x556) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
110 KB, 818x556

Holy shit kek. Why are American so dumb? Would /pol/ actually defend this?
>>
>2004
Shoo shoo leaf.
>>
Bad timing, /pol/ will just argue that it actually happened because of underage trumpfag conservatives shitting up this board

Wait until shilling to be over so the intellectual libertarian shitposters can reclaim the power once again.
>>
Canada why are you so fucking gay?
>>
>be American
>praise Jesus
>>
>>73950001
Didn't they found the boat somewhere?
>>
>>73950001
Who says a great flood didn't hit thousands of years ago, historical records of Mesopotamia and Israel seem to confirm a flood did happen. Suposedly even geology can confirm something happened.
>>
>>73950467

In Turkey.
>>
>>73950467
>>73950516

>Indian education on par with American education
>>
>>73950267
This is some of the best bait ive seen in years.
>>
Of course it happened.
>>
>>73950001
Take away blacks (12%) and hispanics (17%) and it's only 36%
>>
>>73950001
I will defend it. It it affirms their will to live morally, then their perplexing beliefs are inconsequential, that is, unless they force them on others. s

Stop being a cunt and let 60% of the most powerful country on the planet work to continue making it the most powerful planet on earth.
>>
>>73950001
Almost every culture has a story of a great flood. These cultures did not interact with each other. It is safe to say that a great flood did happen and also safe to say that Noah's Ark did exist.
>>
>>73950001
"Literally" doesn't mean what you think it means, friend. The stories in the Bible did literally happen, in the sense that they're metaphors for the great miracles God has performed for us. You're probably one of those atheists who claim to have read the whole Bible but in reality have never touched it because it would turn your flesh into fucking maple syrup you piece of shit.
>>
>>73950556
>Indian
>education
>>
>>73950567
I doubt you've even been alive for more than a year.
>>
>>73950543
Do they have proofs or roaches going full WE WUZ?
>>
>>73950267
Perfectly put suh
>>
>>73950001
It sucks Noah brought rats and niggers but yeah, it happened
>>
>things people say they believe in order to fit in with the society around them

>things people actually believe

pick one
>>
>>73950781
No, it isn't even plausible that a global flood occurred in that time frame. But sure, believe whatever you want.
>>
WE ARE ALL DESCENDENTS OF AN INCESTUOUS CULT WITH ANIMAL FETISHES
>>
When will atheists be banned from /pol/?
>>
>>73950001
Its better that they believe Noah's Ark is real than to believe in the Qu'ran.

I can live with idiots who think the world is only 6000 years old. They're actually quite entertaining.
>>
>>73950556
Atheists and Climate change people claim sea levels are rising yet can't believe a massive flood happened 1000's of years ago.
>modern education systems.
>>
>TFW you realize that these polls were conducted on old fucks using landline phones
>>
the other 40 percent use literal translations off the bible to discredit it

believer or not, all retarded
>>
>>73951084
in 2004
>>
>>73950710
>everyone thinks something so it must be right!
That's a pretty big leap to take. Its one thing to say its possible that there was a large flood and many cultures interpreted it as a cataclysm or cleansing, but to say that a guy packed every kind of animal on a boat as everything else got wiped out is a bit much if you ask me.
>>
I don't literally believe the Bible, but it's more important to trigger academics and fedoras, so I say I do on surveys.
>>
>>73950001
A FUCKING LEAF
>>
>>73950001

if you belief the bible you have to belief the flood there is nothing stupid about it
>>
File: Retard alert.jpg (10 KB, 261x181) Image search: [Google]
Retard alert.jpg
10 KB, 261x181
>>73950001

Yeah, they are ok with this, but when muslims take the writings from their own set of sheep-sacrificing primitives and interpret it literally, its a big problem.
>>
>>73951525
How many people got blown up by American Christians last year because they didn't believe in Noah's Ark?
>>
>>73950001
>pol will defend religion
>>
>>73950267
But then who will build the roads?
>>
>>73950740
POO
O
O
>>
>>73950001
Why are you and other under the impression the Bible isn't literal?

Good gosh, I hate these faggots that spew
>Muh Bible is just metaphors or stories

I believe in Adam and Eve, I believe 6 days, I believe the Ark, I believe Moses parted the red sea, I believe Goliath was over 9 feet tall, I believe Elijah was whisked away on a flaming chariot and more.
>>
>>73951503
>god exterminates the entire human race with a flood (remember to worship this guy) other than one bloke and his family who take two of every animal on his boat and repopulate the world

stupidest shit I've ever heard
>>
File: 13-5-2016 14-25-33.png (158 KB, 1003x597) Image search: [Google]
13-5-2016 14-25-33.png
158 KB, 1003x597
>>73951012

lol
>>
>>73950731
>because it would turn your flesh into fucking maple syrup
kek'd
>>
>>73950001
leafs live and die by chatting shit.
>>
File: 1461022490857.jpg (94 KB, 680x561) Image search: [Google]
1461022490857.jpg
94 KB, 680x561
What percentage are spics and niggers?
>>
>>73951584

I don't know how many muslims died last year because of christian interference in the middle east? hundred thousand?
>>
File: 1463165993166.jpg (66 KB, 621x688) Image search: [Google]
1463165993166.jpg
66 KB, 621x688
>>
Believing != enacting
>>
>>73950710
This is the first time in my 9 years on 4chan that I have seen a post so retarded it makes me angry.

>Almost every culture has a story of a great flood. These cultures did not interact with each other. It is safe to say that a great flood did happen and also safe to say that Noah's Ark did exist.

Most humans have always lived near large bodies of water so it makes sense that nearly every culture has legends of great floods. Nearby cultures may tell legends about the same floods but when the Chinese tell legends of a flood they are not speaking of the same event as the French. There is no evidence of a global flood happening at any time during human existence. Noah's Ark would have been impossible to construct/maintain and obviously wasn't real.
>>
File: ararat3.jpg (21 KB, 376x258) Image search: [Google]
ararat3.jpg
21 KB, 376x258
>>73950001
Is it true though.
>>
>>73951584
This
>>73951525
My teachings saw magic sky fairy that grants wishes to good boys and girls, that men fucking one another is bad, that a guy made a zoo on a boat, and the sky fairy's son died so none of us would go to hell. And the sky fairy commands us to love one another, especially our own.

The sand niggers believe and put into practice that their sky fairy told a brown elf to tell people to kill anyone who doesn't believe what he says.

Yeah, people should have a problem with sand niggers practicing their sky fairy story.
>>
>>73952041
*it is
>>
Do you remember where you were in 2004? I do, you fucking leaf.
>>
>>73950001
I wonder what % of refugees think the Koran is literally true and I'll tell you as fucking terrifying as some of the Old testament shit is nothing compares to the mind of a person who takes the Koran literally. Those people are truly evil.
>>
File: 1463098179487.jpg (585 KB, 1386x1386) Image search: [Google]
1463098179487.jpg
585 KB, 1386x1386
>>73952029
Why are all the fossils on the surface? Something stirred them up.
>>
>>73951904
Are you trying to sell us on Christianity?
>>
>>73950772
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ararat_anomaly
>>
>>73950755
so a baby is literally better at this than you
>>
>>73950001
Canadian government denies foreign aid as their country literally burns, how can a government be this stupid?
>>
>>73951744

the world had become evil so he flooded it . dont we kill evil people with a electric chair?

what is so stupid about a big ass boat with animals and noah and his senpai on it
>>
>2004

Nice to know you haven't changed tactics in over a decade.

Anyway, continue to attack christianity, the last bulwark against the islamic hordes. Your country will be majority muslim within the next few decades. You're gonna be begging for the days when those "stupid christians" teased your fedora as you kneel down to be beheaded for being an infidel.
>>
>>73950001
The flood happened, just read the epic of gilgamesh and the book of the dead. All written in a similar time period about a similar event
>>
>>73950731
>they're metaphors
They're not
God made everything in 6 days, Noah made a boat zoo, Moses parted the red sea, a bunch of people built a tower, God struck it down, and everyone started speaking different languages. God wrestled with Jacob, David pwned a 9 foot giant with a rock.

The only metaphors are the dreams Daniel interpreted for the King, and the parables Jesus taught.
>>
>>73952209
Liberalism?
>>
>>73950654
Yes. This shall be the most powerful planet on earth.
>>
>>73950900
That's what makes it a miracle
>>
>>73950944
They're are. You're not supposed to post unless you're over 18
>>
>>73952335
>There may have been a massive flood effecting nations in Southern Europe, the Levant and Northern Africa
>This proves that the entire world was flooded and everyone except for one man and his family died and that guy built a fucking huge boat and put two of every animal on it.
>>
>>73950001
heretic
>>
>Poll of 1,011 adults
>60% of Americans
>>
>>73952493
Yes, the flood event happened. Yes, a wise white man with forethought rounded up useful domesticated animals and his people onto a boat. Yes, they survived the ordeal and rebuilt.
>>
>>73950001
Almost every past culture has stories of a great flood, so an ark could exist. I didin't know there are monkeys in Canada.
>>
>>73952529
Good point. That's not a good sample size for a survey
>>
>>73952617
Aboriginal culture has no legend of a great flood
>>
>>73952662
Not sure if sarcasm, but 1000 is a standard sample for a survey
>>
>>73950654
>most powerful planet on earth
>powerful planet on earth
>planet
>earth
Oh I forgot you people believe in Satan and Jebus
>>
>>73950710
>also safe to say that Noah's Ark did exist.

Based on nothing

>Almost every culture has a story of a great flood.

I don't know about that buddy. And it certainly didn't happen as the bible described it. Some people theories that the Mediterranean sea was actually created by overflow from the Atlantic sea, which would great a really fucking big flood, but not at all global.

There is evidence to suggest that the Mediterranean wasn't always submerged.
>>
>>73952493
That WAS the whole world to them, that's why it felt cataclysmic and not regional.
>>
>>73952029
source or it didnt happen
>>
>>73952614
> Yes, a wise white man with forethought rounded up useful domesticated animals and his people onto a boat. Yes, they survived the ordeal and rebuilt.

Any evidence of this? Even if your ridiculous assertion were true it would in no way prove the divinity of the bible or that it's stories are true.
>>
>>73952104
>>73952041
With what evidence?
>>
>>73952730
> Atheists don't believe in Earth
>>
File: sea level ice age.jpg (164 KB, 1747x801) Image search: [Google]
sea level ice age.jpg
164 KB, 1747x801
>>73950001
The flood did happen and it would have been absolutely catastrophic for people at the time.
>>
>>73952422
Oh my god please kill me, how did I manage that? I'm glad I don't have a trip on.
>>
>>73952817
well thats the good news. one way or another, you will know the truth. just hope youre on the path of life, not the path of judgement.
>>
>>73952818
humans
>>
>>73950654
>most powerful planet on earth
>>
>>73952741
Again that doesn't mean the story of Noah is true and it doesn't mean that the bible is divine or accurate.
>>
You know, i agree with the general consensus on /pol/ about most things. Regardless of the shilling and /pol/ is just raciss memes, this board is right about a lot of things. And then threads like this come up, and you guys go full fucking retard. Believing anything in the bible is flat out full on retarded. It's in threads like these i start to question the shit i agree with you guys, because being on the side of this level of stupid really makes you think twice.

But i think the reality is that most people just live with some cognitive dissonance. The liberals love science and almost all know evolution is a very real thing, yet in the same breath deny the differences in races.

Then there's you guys, you guys believe in magical fairy monsters. Pretty silly but I guess it is what it is.
>>
>>73952442
There is no evidence it happened you stupid fucking cunt.

>Something happened
>What?
>A miracle
>How do you know
>...
>How could it have happened?
>It's a miracle
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
>2016
>not believing in an ideology that promotes enrichment.

say pol, why believe in things you can't control.

but take control of something you know is absolute. Your mind.
>>
>>73952730
I'm not Christian. I just fucked up really, really bad.
>>
Thank you Jesus that we still have the USA, God's most powerful agent at work in the world today and truly a force for good.
>>
>>73952854
>And I can make this conclusion based on no evidence at all!

That land regression happened over hundreds of thousands of years by any reasonable estimate.
>>
literally or metaphorically, it happened
>>
>>73952934
>There is no evidence it happened you stupid fucking cunt

If there was evidence then you would not be shitposting here but you would be in church
>>
File: 1455016158137.gif (2 MB, 345x259) Image search: [Google]
1455016158137.gif
2 MB, 345x259
>>73952959
Why would I need an ideology to be adept at philosophy and grow my mind?

>See pick

Cute. I see.
>>
>>73950001

because if they took the bible as just a lesson, that would mean they aren't actually christian

shit clickbait headline
>>
>>73952901
Fuck no, there are folks in the south who build """replicas""" of the ark with dinosaurs and shit, I think that kind of nonsense is what you're after here.
Fedora personally, but I think the 'global flood' refers to rising water levels which would have occurred over about a generation, which would have flooded out any human settlements along coastlines pretty much everywhere. This was 12,000 years ago though, not as recent as christians think.
>>
>>73952918
Plenty of us in this thread are arguing against the retards so it's not exactly fair to say /pol/ widely supports a literal interpretation of the bible. This shit is embarrassing though, I know what you mean,
>>
>>73950654
>I'd lie to have morals
>most powerful planet

Anddddd why do people insist Christians aren't retarded adults who believes fariy tales?
>>
>>73953068
No, a flood doesn't prove god, even if it isn't plausible by our understanding.
>>
>>73951904
I can't find the verse where God commands that you bomb the middle east to maintain the power of the petrodollar. Where is that?
>>
>>73953121
I used to think it was mostly shitposting but i'm not so sure anymore
>>
>>73953144
I'm not a Christian.

It's not ling, it's letting them be harmless while also making America moral again.
>>
>>73950731
>I can't understand and explain all the complexity of science and evidences
>therefore bible is only metaphor
>ok shut up stop questioning
>bible is the truth
>ok stop it! It's the truth! Believe it! Stop asking!
>you evil! Bad! Go to hell!
This is what happens every single time when people discuss with religious people.
>>
>>73953114
I didn't realize you were agreeing with me. Yes what you're saying may be true. The end of the ice age is the only event that could have caused truly global flooding during the existence of human beings. Anything else would have been regional like when the black sea overflowed 5000 years ago.
>>
>>73950543
[citation needed]
>>
>>73953147
No, a flood doesn't prove god

Lol so a global flood 4000 years ago what happend in the bible does not confirm the bible thus confirms god.

oh wait you have your ignorant glasses on
>>
Noahs ark is a distant, 5% truth.

Stories from that long ago that existed purely as oral tradition for that time, even the Jewish oral tradition which ideally is word for word, until every generation gets just one or two words wrong, possibly due to languages naturally evolving.... You just can't expect accuracy.

Noah's ark, or the epic of Gilgamesh or even Chinese river flood myths, is about the end of humanity's occupation of certain coastal and fresh water lake areas during the last glacial maxim. Literally Google it yourself to grasp how long ago that was.

Humanity existed in a proto-Neolithic, structures were made out of wood and most people subsisted on maritime trade and fishing, in fact the ~100k population limit imposed by fishing plus the readily accessible log ships (identical to the kind used by Polynesian people, a high caste back then due to being expert mariners) likely spread humans so quickly across continents. During this time, Sundaland was an agricultural powerhouse that grew tubers and some grains, which is why modern Papuans are the only of these tuber farmers left.

Then, for whatever reason you want to believe, either because humans discovered charcoal or because of natural changes to earths atmosphere, the ice caps melted and most people either camped on boats or moved inland. This population shift caused a loss of technology and people essentially regressed back to a Paleolithic lifestyle.

The reason there's no evidence for this is simple, only temples were built out of stone and everything else was wooden, including tools, and thus all rotted completely underwater. You can still find these temples off the coasts of Indonesia, India, Japan and the Arabian gulf too.

Deep sea diving is forbidden for no given reason in these areas.

Furthermore, it could also explain aboriginal Australian genetic diversity (illegal to study) and similarities of ruins/writings in south America and Pakistan, most of the latter destroyed by Muslims.
>>
>>73953301
What are you poorly attempting to say? Are you drunk, leaf?
>>
>>73950001
>believe in all powerful God who created everything
>"stupid Christians how can they believe in miracles" - Fuc boi

Oh nice flag.
>>
>>73953242
For some reason american Christians are way crazier than European Christians.
>>
>>73953242
What if it's all been shitposting all along and every idea we have is stupid?
The event horizon is gone, and to help at all we should just not come back here. Or use the computer so much. Maybe go outside, exercise and socialize more.
>>
>>73953301
Because the convulsion is so predictable, I wouldn't recommend discussion this topic with them, unless they are trying to force their bullshit.
>>
File: Get_a_load.jpg (44 KB, 776x602) Image search: [Google]
Get_a_load.jpg
44 KB, 776x602
>>73951012
>Thinks that there is enough water on earth to rain for 40 days and 40 nights, and cover the highest mountains
>>
>>73950267
Why just not let the market fix it?
>>
>>73953387
The bible recounting an event properly wouldn't prove it's validity on a theological level. You are mistaking correlation with actual proof. My standard of evidence is miles and miles above yours.
>>
>>73953388
is that real that you can't study abo's dna? I wouldn't be surprised to be honest. I have a hunch they are pretty far off genetically from the rest of us, as far as humans go. Wouldn't be hard to believe some people wouldn't want that known
>>
>>73951012
No one is claiming it well get to the highest mounts. Hell, it probably won't even get to me in Dapto.
>>
>>73953371
I like to think human settlement beyond simple hunter/gatherers existed that far back, and that stories of the world that was propagated down into the almost unrecognizable flood myths we see today. It's still a controversial idea, but my unscientific inclination is to say it's likely.
Cartoon Noah sitting on a big round boat with smiling happy animals is another thing entirely.
>>
>>73950001
>2004

kek, you fucking autist.
>>
File: 1457734177799.gif (13 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1457734177799.gif
13 KB, 200x200
>>73950267
>>
>>73950543
Ararat is Armenian.
>>
>>73953511
We know the bible stole shit from older stories, and we know there were massive floods at the end of the last ice age.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missoula_Floods
>>
>>73950001
Are those white Americans or darkies?
>>
File: tyrannos.jpg (396 KB, 1200x670) Image search: [Google]
tyrannos.jpg
396 KB, 1200x670
Obviously, I was aboard Noah's Ark. I needed a ride because I couldn't swim at all, in fact I had a cat-like (most cats, anyway) hatred of water. It was real nice of Noah and his bros to put everything I liked to eat in little boxes for me. I had a grand time.

Of yes: please send more mammoths. Grass-fed elephants taste the best.

Love,

Tyrannosaurus
>>
>>73953391
>what? I can't hear you
>not an argument
>[insert random insult here]
>haha you lost Christians win bible is the truth
Again. Every single thread every single reply from Christian
>>
>>73953511
In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

>fountains of the great deep broken up,

it was not only rain
>>
>>73950378
>3.8 percent of Americans are lgbt

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_demographics_of_the_United_States?wprov=sfla1

>1.7 percent of Canadians are lgbt

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/eng/dai/smr08/2015/smr08_203_2015

Who's the faggot now, beefnigger?
>>
>>73953668
I sometimes think of all the bad ass history that happened back then before there was even writing. Like what kind of heroes and kings were out there that we know nothing about?
>>
>>73952146
Uh, did you forget that half of the entire archaeological process involves hours upon hours of monotonous digging?
>>
>>73950001
>2004
>>
>>73953845
this nigga can't be serious
>>
>>73952387
Jews were never in Egypt - sorry...the Jews meticulously recorded most everything and never mentioned the Jews. In the Story of Moses - the Pharaoh is just called Pharaoh. Don't you suppose he had a name?
Much of Bible came from Babylonia during Jewish Babylonian Captivity. Many Jews were scribes in Babylonia and they absorbed the culture and folklore of their captors. When they left, they had been well assimilated into Babylonian society.
>>
>>73953868
It's monotonous because they have to be really careful but they only dig a few feet deep. No fossil has ever been found more than 10 feet from the surface. That's a fact.
>>
>>73953933

well i used to be atheist at least i give youu the truth in the bible, i was ignorant about the rain part also
>>
>>73953934
Do some research. Ramses the 2nd, faggot.
>>
>>73953593
Yes.

It is illegal to conduct genetic studies on aboriginal Australians, you won't even be blocked by government authorities but by university ethics committees. If this were simply because they have high rate of denisovan DNA and they wanted to shield this truth from stormtard white supremacists who'd use it to justify genocide, I'd understand, but why cover up the similarities between some Australian tribes and Sri Lankans and Somalians?

There's something deeper here and I don't know why what I wrote isn't allowed to be a debateable, testable prehistoric theory. It's not ancient aliens, it's not Paleolithic astronauts or anything stupid like that, it's literally just a period of lucky, global trade that at worst places the Polynesian people on their islands tens of thousands of years before they're accepted to land there.

The Indians are especially adamant about covering this up, as if it means anything if Hinduism began on Indonesia instead of India, which isn't surprising if subtropical people abandon their sinking continent that's now too tropical anyway in favour of the Indian subcontinent, which was just right for them.

Exactly no research is being done, there is no challenge to the archeological deep sea diving ban and guaranteed if you repeated these ideas to a "serious" historian they would call you a nut.

No I see a cover up. I see revisionism.

Again, wooden Neolithic civilisation. Simple societies, not even a 10% literacy rate since only priests could read. This shouldn't be something hard to believe.
>>
>>73950001

>Why are American so dumb?

Protestants and midwesterners. Same people who like Glenn Beck or voted for Rato Cruz.
>>
File: sphinx restorations.jpg (58 KB, 700x332) Image search: [Google]
sphinx restorations.jpg
58 KB, 700x332
>>73953865
It's an incredible span of time, even going back just 5000 or 6000 years, but considering that people who were the same as you and I have existed as far back as 200,000 years there's an awful gulf of forgotten history.

Also want to add that
>>73953388
>>73954024
this aussie is not shitposting
>>
>>73954100
American Midwestern protestants are the white mans great shame. If aliens ever arrive we need to keep them out of flyover states like people tell someone not to go into the attic where the lobotomized drooler lives.
>>
>>73954015
the approximate date of the Exodus can be calculated: 1012 + (480 x 360 day Biblical year/365) = 1486 B.C. And according to history, Pharaoh Ramesses did not begin his reign until around 1290 B.C., so he couldn't have been the Exodus pharaoh, dumbass

Bible mentions a city and is fiction anyway
>>
>>73953959
Oh no, it's retarded. Man-made coal mines are some of the most common places fossils have been found, and those can go down several thousand meters, you're delusional lmao.
>>
Agriculture outsourcing.
Created new civilzation because canal locks were not invented yet.
2 of each animal, new outpost. Moved up Tigris/Euphrates into Turkey. Noah had leg up and was top merchant after.
>>
>>73954376
Nice ad hominem cunt
>>
>>73950206
FPBP
>>
>>73954597
It's not an ad hominem to point out someone is retarded when it doesn't detract from the argument. Nice fallacy fallacy, loser.
>>
File: 1461385194230.png (287 KB, 852x476) Image search: [Google]
1461385194230.png
287 KB, 852x476
>>73950267
best bait i've seen in weeks.
>>
A large portion of Christians in the US believe that one day people will literally disappear into thin air, like those "Left Behind" movies. They have actually been waiting for the day to come many of them, and look forward to it.
>>
113% of surveys are true.
>>
>>73950001
Because the Bible is literally true
>>
>>73950516
What geology are you talking about niggerfaggot? Jesus Christ.

No, there was no massive, worldwide flood thousands of years ago and there is nothing in the geological record to suggest such nonsense. It requires a severe lack of intellectual insight and scientific ignorance to believe such nonsense. We have sedimentary rock records stretching back billions of years. We can even learn about the conditions of sedimentation on Earth before life / when life started to emerge by studying formations such as banded iron formations in the pre-cambrian.

A massive, worldwide flood would leave an unmistakable mark in the sedimentary rock record, especially one that occurred within the past few thousands of years. Anyone that believes this horseshit should not be reproducing.

t. BS Geology
>>
>>73950543
Not Turkey. It was Armenia
>>
File: 1463142474167.gif (968 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1463142474167.gif
968 KB, 245x245
>>73950267

>intellectual libertarian
>>
>>73950603
Are you the same German who posts in these threads every night? There's one religious german I always see is it always you?
>>
>>73954792
we know you was KANGZ AN SHIT but there is so much history before you jamal.
>>
File: 1395291642466.jpg (202 KB, 483x439) Image search: [Google]
1395291642466.jpg
202 KB, 483x439
>>73953388
>>73954024
The silencing of history reminds me of another group of ancient humans.
>>
I'm a le hat joke but I'll sum up what my catholic gf says about biblical literal interpretations;

>Protestants
>Not retarded
>>
File: 1427577153792.png (311 KB, 900x702) Image search: [Google]
1427577153792.png
311 KB, 900x702
>believing in the bible is stupid
>but white privilege, cis privilege, and male privilege are 100$ true, listen and believe you privileged pissbabies!
>>
>>73955459

>Red herring

Both of those things are retarded.
>>
>>73953864

Savagely BTFO.
>>
>>73955508

t. bernie supporter
>>
>>73950001
WEED
>>
File: Screenshot_100.jpg (88 KB, 933x630) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_100.jpg
88 KB, 933x630
>>73955020

>.yfw it happens
>>
>>73954166
FYI it's plausible the sphinx seems older than it is if the Egyptians simply found a large, natural rock and modelled it.

And yeah, I avoid shitposting which is hard to do genuinely because it's /pol/ and everyone wants red pills. It's hard to dish them out without people wondering how serious I'm being.

>>73954375
Agreed, two plausible dates either correlate with the bronze age collapse or about 1200 years earlier, I forgot the reasoning behind the exodus being 2600bce.

>>73955020
Or science first Christians will rise and become the new intellectual fashion replacing toxic, nihilistic atheism and their post modernist appeasers?

>>73955288
So what happened to humans, who typical love inhabiting coasts and mouths of rivers, when the last glacial maximum ended?

>>73955408
That's actually difficult, because that's a long ass journey in cold, difficult to fish waters without massive sails and huge food/water reserves. I have seen the evidence though so I do contend it's a possibility.

Especially if they walked across the caps in which case it was a miracle. Seems unreasonable man.

>>73955159
The bible only alludes to the truth, in the end you have to find it yourself. You shouldn't take even science 100% literally since it's entirely feasible more evidence will surface.

>>73955369
It actually shits me that I'm not as recognisable. I know I've said I don't give a fuck about fame/recognition and care more about my ideas, but all the same I'm feeling a bit dejected.
>>
>>73950001
I take them literally in a memetic sense.

I'm thinking they actually tell stories of events that may have really happened.
What if we already had an advanced civilisation in the past and someone decided "no, start again"?

Think about it, we're literally building a tower of babel again, people are getting distributed around the world and the language is changing once again.

Oh and that tower is coming down. God works in mysterious ways yet again.
>>
>>73955816
I always see some Christian Australian, maybe it's you but a Christian German stands out waaaaay more. Every time I post something about being a Christian I get called a Muslim or a shitposter I don't know why
>>
>>73953114
The Younger Dryas Impact Hypothesis suggests a comet or asteroid struck North America around 12k years ago, causing rapid glacier melting and cataclysmic flooding within a very short period.
There is also evidence of natural dam breaches in the Middle East region, which would have flooded massive areas in a matter of days.
>>
>>73950637
@reckt
>>
>>73950001
I believe the story, but I don't necessarily believe the time frame.

The only parts of the Bible I beleive are fully documentarian are the prophets and the NT.
>>
>>73955831
Unlikely.

Structures as great as ours and our tungsten/germanium/silicon electronics will be discoverable by archeologists for thousands of years. Metals don't rot.

We're in it for the long haul, if not, we'll collapse and start believing ancient technology was magic.

>>73955962
I do my best to give a reasonably believable (to intelligent people) theory as to God's existence, usually via Trinitarian beliefs. I'm that guy, my only real intention is to show that you can be a theist without completely abandoning rationality.

I see atheism, or rather theological nihilism, as a sort of response to a misunderstanding of modernist philosophy. Basically westerners realized 'life is suffering' (google it, don't misunderstand it) and instead of becoming stronger just gave up and succumbed to post modernism, aka the weak matriarchal pandering and promotion of dysgenic tall poppy policies.

Atheism is part of what's hurting western culture.

>>73955967
Not bad, but has carbon dating been done on the meteor that's likely sitting at the bottom of the Mexican gulf? Something tells me that ended the silurian period, millions of years before hand causing a mass extinction of dinosaurs, not humans.
>>
>>73950001

I bet you also think the Easter bunnies and tooth fairies are fake too huh shit head?
>>
How does one know the Bible is any more real or accurate than the Quran, Torah, etc.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDejwCGdUV8
>>
>>73950001
if i was asked do i believe in a bible by random person i would say yes, even if i didnt

because who gives a fuck
>>
>>73956559
The Torah is the Bible.

Koran is rather obviously a profane text, doesn't really take much of a genius to see how it was created for exploitation and personal gain. Personally I believe in Jesus Christ because
a) It is revealed
b) because it is the only religion that entirely rejects the world and offers no earthly rewards, nor really anything until the end of time.
c) Miracles.
d) The wretchedness of the jews are a living affirmation of prophecy.
>>
>>73956487
>Structures as great as ours and our tungsten/germanium/silicon electronics will be discoverable by archeologists for thousands of years. Metals don't rot.
Yes, if it decays naturally mate.

Not if it is destroyed with the intention of hiding it for future generations.
>>
>>73956958
>d) The wretchedness of the jews are a living affirmation of prophecy.
That's the big one.

If jesus the man was not the messiah.

Jesus the meme will be.
>>
Why are southerns and niggers so dumb, you mean?

No clue, might be the inbreeding.
>>
>>73950001
>implying Noah's ark wasn't real.
>>
>>73950001
Nice flag, faggot.
>>
>>73950001

The Sun revolves around the Earth.

Seriously.

Of course Noah's Ark is real.

Pic related: tRump voters.
>>
>>73956488
>le ebin strawmanz
Also, you totally took my 88 dubs.

>>73956559
You don't. Branch out.

>>73956958
Miracles may very well have been fabricated to entice certain audiences that refuse to believe without them, we all know the type, they're like "if God exists I'll be hit by lightning"... on a clear, blue, summer day.

Christianity is more the judeochristian Buddhism, it's the judeochristian "moderation is perfection" belief. Again, branch out, you'll find truth in Taoism and even tribalistic south American beliefs.

No comment about prophecies, saying Christian prophecies are currently coming true is just asking to be called a nut.

>>73957891
But why would anyone do this?

Assume for one crazy, insane second that everything I've alluded to in this entire thread is 100% correct (which even I doubt), why would anyone cover it up? What do western academics, whom outside of sociology/pop psychology are actually quite intellectually honest, gain from this cover up?

I'm being serious, why would anyone cover this up? Why is there a ban on archeological deep sea diving in most tropical nations? I honestly want answers.

>>73957944
Kill yourself racist and take it to another thread.

We're discussing (and maybe even preventing) societal collapse.

>>73957936
That's actually kind of neat.
>>
>>73958375
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuIMmwJbnco
>>
>>73957891
> metals decay
> electronics decay
> engineering structures decay

No. They do degrade, but you don't know what the definition of "decay" is. The major traces of our current civilization will be detectable for upwards of a million or more years. The buildings might fall in 4,000 to 5,000 years, but the debris left behind will be instantly recognizable as industrial origin. Same for computers, nuclear reactors & their waste, glass and ceramics will be around for 100.000 years before they are ground into sand, and even then the sand be identifiable as originating from intelligently manufactured industrial materials. Even 100,000,000 years on geologists & chemists will be able to positively identify industrial remains.

> Not if it is destroyed with the intention of hiding it for future generations.

It would take technological advances in excess of 1,000 years from now to even attempt that with partial success. That assumes no interruptions in our current technological development. In addition to that, the sheer scale of such an undertaking is pretty much beyond comprehension. Traces of our current technology is already buried in places where it will turn up in the fossil record 50 million year from now, and for the next 3 or 4 billion after that.

Just the concentrations of isotopes in the sedimentary layers will turn up in the geologic record and cannot be disguised on a continental scale, let alone on a planetary scale.

tl;dr -- you are more stupid & uninformed that an autistic, retarded imbecile. Zika baby much?
>>
>>73958375
>The Sun revolves around the Earth.

What are tides anon?

Also notice how the planets (which appear as stars to us) move around the night sky in an apparent retrograde way?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apparent_retrograde_motion

Nice one.

They can also tell how the distant stars do the same in a much smaller way.
>>
File: 1444734852419.gif (1 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1444734852419.gif
1 MB, 400x300
>>73958809
Good post
>>
Christianity is not Islam.
Next thread please.
>>
>>73958509
>Assume for one crazy, insane second that everything I've alluded to in this entire thread is 100% correct (which even I doubt), why would anyone cover it up? What do western academics, whom outside of sociology/pop psychology are actually quite intellectually honest, gain from this cover up?
What if we realised we were heading down a path with a definite dead end?

I can think of one right now.

Technological Singularity.

No one thinks about it. Because of this, it will probably happen unless someone tries to "start again"

I have a solution - make sure humanity is one step ahead of the AI, at least until we are able to integrate with the AI to destroy the distinction.
We must make sure we do what we subjectively want in the future.
Objective means by itself is destructive.

Oh and I'm near certain there are issues with my solution.
>>
>>73958809
>but you don't know what the definition of "decay" is.
You're a tool.
There are many different definitions of decay.

>It would take technological advances in excess of 1,000 years from now to even attempt that with partial success. That assumes no interruptions in our current technological development. In addition to that, the sheer scale of such an undertaking is pretty much beyond comprehension. Traces of our current technology is already buried in places where it will turn up in the fossil record 50 million year from now, and for the next 3 or 4 billion after that.

What if we don't have the technology to discover the traces yet?

What if this civilisation was well more advanced than we are now?

What if they saw a problem we cannot comprehend now?

What if some 'other' race decided to do this for us ay?

It was just a theory anon. It was sort of tongue in cheek - but also thought provoking.
>>
>>73958023
It wasn't, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>73950206
Probably still true today.

>>73950001
If you remove the literal exaggerations of the stories, each is probably based on a true story. For example, Noah builds a boat and loads it with livestock because he senses a change in weather coming. His region floods, rivers overflowing, and he and his livestock in their boat over the mess.

Moses and the Red Sea could simply be his knowledge of the tide allowing him to pass across a receded portion of sand bars. They exist today and there are times when one can walk across these parts. If they were being pursued by an army a day late, the same passage may have mired down chariots and resulted in whole battalions being destroyed.

The victor and oral tradition easily causes such stories swelled.
>>
>>73958809
I always feel the seemingly intelligent ranting atheist with the American flag is Hank Green, always equipped with his insufferable no-it-all-ism.

I kid, make some more scishow videos because I'm bored as fuck.

>>73959357
Two things.

I don't believe the "singularity" is the end of technology and I don't believe you properly understand AI, least of all to justify your fear of it.

Believe it or not, but my only real skill (aka, useful, greater than the average, substantial, not just bullshit shitposting) is programming and computer engineering. If you really need I can tell you exactly why AI is nothing to fear, unless you're actually scared of a misanthropic programmer about on par to my level of skill, and why transhumanism is senseless shit for children who know more biology/psychology than engineering.

Yeah Hank, there's a reason you stop short at a few scripting languages.

>>73959558
Again, if so, we'd call it "magic" but he's right in that if we pick ourselves up we're going to at least know we reached the atomic age.

What you're warning about is if the powers that be deliberately stifle this recovery.
>>
>>73950001
You always have to remember that 50% of all people have an IQ below 100, so...
>>
>>73953037
>That land regression happened over hundreds of thousands of years by any reasonable estimate.
No they didn't it happened over a few thousands years tops and with massive waves coming and flooding everything regularly. The end of the last ice age was cataclysmic as fuck and it would be been horrible to live through it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glacial_lake_outburst_flood
>>
>>73950731
>"literally" really means metaphorically
>>
File: 1430614267600.jpg (866 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1430614267600.jpg
866 KB, 2560x1440
>>73950001
It's just stories, a good writer could write better stories based on the originals, but god knows we can't have a cool bible.

I'd have more fun trying to find christian values in dark souls than it would to read that brick.
>>
>>73955816
>>73954024
>>73953388
This guy knows whats up, thank you for taking your time to expain
>>
>>73959890
>Implying that the polar Icecaps contain a glacial lake large enough to induce the phenomenon mentioned.

No, you fruitloop, it happened over a very long time.
>>
Christ /pol/ is fucking dumb, they actually tried to defend this

I'm not coming back, you people are absolutely brainwashed
>>
>>73950001
A man creating a giant wooden ark and storing animals on board for a coming flood is actually plausible.
>>
File: straya.webm (3 MB, 640x350) Image search: [Google]
straya.webm
3 MB, 640x350
>>73960584
>No, you fruitloop, it happened over a very long time.
Are you retarded or something? thousands of years is a long time, but it wasn't hundreds of thousands of years like you said.

Now go fight some emus you shitposting retard.
>>
>>73959749
>I don't believe the "singularity" is the end of technology and I don't believe you properly understand AI, least of all to justify your fear of it.
Wrong.

I know how algorithms work. They can be built to produce more algorithms. And effectively this can make the machine grow and produce on it's own if it has enough physical mechanics in it's system.

That WILL make a singularity. You're effectively creating a new life, a new species.

And it will dominate humanity if you don't lead it.

>If you really need I can tell you exactly why AI is nothing to fear, unless you're actually scared of a misanthropic programmer about on par to my level of skill, and why transhumanism is senseless shit for children who know more biology/psychology than engineering.
Ok, enlighten me.

>What you're warning about is if the powers that be deliberately stifle this recovery.
No, what if that stifling is deliberately done so the recovery of the whole system recovers.
Think of humanity as one race in a universal "world".

I used to think tin foilers were batshit, but now I realise they were probably half correct - though they couldn't comprehend what they were dealing with. I bet there might be a race out there that is altering us to help them. They probably empathise too.
>>
File: 1459134271621.png (81 KB, 530x357) Image search: [Google]
1459134271621.png
81 KB, 530x357
>>73950267
>>
>>73952918
I try to comfort myself with the hope of /pol/ bible thumpers being elaborate trolls.
>>
>>73950001
but if 60% believe noahs ark to be true hillary cant win because she supports muslims which is heresy in christianity
>>
>>73958809
Yo, why do Atheists always need to use such mean insults to people. Why would you call this interesting Australian a Zika baby?

You say that if things were melted down by intentional or accidentally by nuclear warfare but if everyone dies and then just a scant few percentage live, whos to say who can detect things in the soil? Maybe nobody will be intelligent enough. Maybe we'll do a Pol Pot scenario where all the intellectual and social elite castes are systematically slaughtered and almost all higher intelligence is wiped out from this world?

Robots could detect the minerals but people couldn't because they would need to relearn EVERYTHING.

Not that it would take 100k years but just that the Australian wasn't speaking retardedly you just weren't getting him but just go with the virtue signaling of "calling Christians names and being intellectually superior because of it" type nonsense you always do.
>>
>>73950001
The flood happened. Everything written in the Bible is true. God and Jesus are real.
>>
>>73950001
100% of Muslims believe in their Pedo prophet and yet you seem to enjoy not pointing this out by default.
You're obviously either a Muslim rapefugee or someone that preps them :^)
>>
>>73961021
>no worldwide flood indicated in the fossil record for any period near the relevant time period (though we do have a possible flooding event for the Black Sea - which would have been pretty well populated - somewhere around 5000 - 6000 BC)
>story pretty obviously references the Epic of Atrahasis, much as the rest of the Pentateuch references other epics of the ancient world
>flood story is inconsistent on certain matters and indicates things like the political climate at the time of its writing and - frustrating for the author I'm sure - an inability to appropriately correct what people had been told before the priestly caste became literate, instead having to double-up on certain points (most significantly, having two per animal and seven per animal without an explanation)
>>
>>73961061
>Are you retarded or something? thousands of years is a long time, but it wasn't hundreds of thousands of years like you said.
He's half right.

It took hundreds of thousands of years, but then occurred rapidly within a few thousand because of events such as the one you posted.

Which has me worried now.

What about the trapped lakes in Antartica and Greenland.. what if they exist and burst?

That's instant sea level rise... just hope to god it's insignificant (i doubt it)
>>
>>73950001
Wow triggered eh?
>>
the ark was legit, just happened that they exaggerated the effect since it only happened in that region - but they did the animals

moses and the red sea was supposed to be in the erotica section, but they weren't sure if it was actually a reference to alien technology so they just left it in as god magic.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 600x357) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 600x357
>>73961095
>they gon b sinqulawateez n shiet dat gon destroy da whites and black Demi gods too brah VB gr8

lol ok m8, whatever you say:^)
>>
File: sea level.jpg (224 KB, 1661x844) Image search: [Google]
sea level.jpg
224 KB, 1661x844
>>73961328
>It took hundreds of thousands of years, but then occurred rapidly within a few thousand because of events such as the one you posted.
Yeah it was like a few inches a year at first but then it was like a meter a year with massive tidal waves washing away coastal villages every generation or so.

>what if they exist and burst?
Tsunami.

Pic related. Literally 120+ meters sea level rise since the ice age. Anything close to the sea (which would have been almost everything except a few things like göbeklitepe and some other places) would have been washed away or submerged.
>>
>>73961439
oh cmon that's a shitty algorithm.

Also note that by the end of that - she repeatedly said "you are going too fast, please rest" to every twitter follower.

That's scary as fuck desu senpai. That's an AI that either thought that was best for humanity, or thought that humanity needed to go away.

I think it's proof we have a huge issue here.
>>
File: Screenshot_15.jpg (10 KB, 261x173) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_15.jpg
10 KB, 261x173
>>73960249
>'d have more fun trying to find christian values in dark souls than it would to read that brick.

12 year old detected
>>
>>73961724
We need to move our cities immediately. Fuck. This. Shit.

Seriously, why has no one said this?

That is literally day after tomorrow tier.
>>
File: 2vs3wqa.jpg.gif (1 MB, 400x294) Image search: [Google]
2vs3wqa.jpg.gif
1 MB, 400x294
>>73961943
>yes goyim move your cities
>the sea levels are rising more rapidly than ever!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIIU2JvoMX4
>>
File: georgia guide stones.jpg (224 KB, 600x502) Image search: [Google]
georgia guide stones.jpg
224 KB, 600x502
>>73961943
>We need to move our cities immediately. Fuck. This. Shit.
Why do you think all the navy officers and high ranking us military is retiring in the Ozarks and other high places?
>Seriously, why has no one said this?
Because we have close to (or have we passed it?) 7 billion people on this planet. And 6.5 billion needs to go according to the elite.
>That is literally day after tomorrow tier.
I don't know, if the ice just melts slowly it won't be that bad and it would be pretty easy to spot those lakes that risk bursting and creating a tsunami.
>>
>>73950001
Depends on what you mean by "literally true". They happened but it was the Persian Gulf that flooded and the "reed sea" that was parted (by splitting into 2 bodies of water from sustained winds).

There's scientific evidence backing them up
>>
File: monolith.jpg (705 KB, 934x622) Image search: [Google]
monolith.jpg
705 KB, 934x622
>>73962081
These cataclysmic event have happened before and it will happen again. Why do you think they cover up evidence of old civilisations under water? Because if people found out that it have happened they might think that it can happen again. They want people to think that nothing has happened because then they will think that nothing will happen.
>>
>>73962195
Fuck off
>>
>>73962423
I know they will happen but nothing will be done.

You're looking at this from a solution-oriented perspective. I say just hang on and enjoy the ride.

I live 150 yards from the Pacific and I'm not leaving 'till that tsunami siren sounds.
>>
>>73962459
What I do?
>>
>>73959606
where's your proof?
>>
File: 1460829419837.jpg (143 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1460829419837.jpg
143 KB, 400x400
>thousands of years ago
>guy has vision or something like that
>starts building a huge boat
>loads it up with every animal species of the world(the world he knows,wich is fucking small since he never goes places because he has to take care of his farm or else he and his family die)
>a huge flood cover the world(his world again)
>ends up somewhere in armenia
>different cultures around the world tell this story with small different details

This story cant be true right?I mean when some edgy barely average intelligent sissies that think they are part of an intellectual elite dont believe it,it cant be true.

Good job atheists,once again you proof that youre unable to understand history and human nature.
>>
>>73962812
>atheists
Anti-intellectual cancer wrapped up as a liberating 'social humanist' movement.
>>
>>73962812
Flood story was stolen from the Sumerians.
>>
>>73960399
I am a servant to intellectual honesty.

>>73961095
Haha you totally want this conversation. Sorry if it comes late, I'm watching abc news.

>I know how algorithms work. They can be built to produce more algorithms.
Unless you're talking about neural nets/genetic algorithms, even with introducing some supervised learning or specialist algorithms in the mix are only about 80% effective and generally cap out, for some comparison a young child has better pattern recognition skills than this. Even then, these tasks are almost never general and the more general you make them the less effective they are. For instance you can write a deep learning algorithm for igo, but that's just one task.

Essentially they need to be trained specifically and without that training are useless.

>That WILL make a singularity. You're effectively creating a new life, a new species.
You're talking about synthetic consciousness. Think about this for a moment, I'm a theist and calling bullshit.

>Ok, enlighten me.
I was just taking a snap at Hank. He's here.. I can feel it.

My only contention is that anything an ai can do was allowed.

>No, what if that stifling is deliberately done so the recovery of the whole system recovers.
>Think of humanity as one race in a universal "world".
Yes... But I have good faith in the collective human consciousness, despite its slowness to adapt.

>I used to think tin foilers were batshit, but now I realise they were probably half correct - though they couldn't comprehend what they were dealing with.
Real conspiracies are usually very.. subtle. Kind of like a game of "look I'm not touching you" but actually "I'm not conspiring."

>I bet there might be a race out there that is altering us to help them. They probably empathise too.
Unfortunately, I believe we're alone to fix our own problems with our own solution. If they exist, I'd bet they understand the modernism/postmodernism flip we're only just understanding and have a form of prime directive.
>>
>>73962870
>stolen

The bible is a collection of texts and tales you silly cunt
>>
>>73962812
no, anon, cultures all over the world have stories about massive flooding, not Noah's Ark.

they have these stories because everywhere on Earth floods at one point or another, and in those days they made you starve to death
>>
>>73962626
>I know they will happen but nothing will be done.
If you want something done you have to do it yourself.
>You're looking at this from a solution-oriented perspective. I say just hang on and enjoy the ride.
I am taking care of myself, i don't care what you do, or in this case, what you don't do.
>I live 150 yards from the Pacific and I'm not leaving 'till that tsunami siren sounds.
Have fun crushed by water and drowning.
Thread replies: 233
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.