[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I go to AppAcademy, a top programming bootcamp in San Francisco.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: appacademy.png (6 KB, 175x175) Image search: [Google]
appacademy.png
6 KB, 175x175
So I go to AppAcademy, a top programming bootcamp in San Francisco. Here is each cohort's (class's) demographics:

> ~70 men
> <10 women
> 1-2 trans/queer/attack-helicopters

This is our bathroom situation:

> 1 Gender-Neutral bathroom
>1 Women's bathroom

Both of these bathrooms are the same size, meaning women get a palace, and men get crammed in with the queers.
>>
File: appacademybathrooms.png (43 KB, 523x664) Image search: [Google]
appacademybathrooms.png
43 KB, 523x664
Anyways, I guess someone complained that there was always a queue for the men's bathroom and the Gender-Neutral status was hypocritical. We got this response. Basically San Fran is liberal beta-ville.
>App Academy staff have had several discussions about what to do about the bathrooms in our space. We've talked with students of all genders as well, and two concerns were consistently brought up.
>First, we have trans and gender non-conforming students and staff. That's a reality, and for some of these folks, gendered restrooms are not a comfortable option. Because these folks deserve to feel as at home in the space as their cisgender peers, we decided it was important to create at least one gender-neutral bathroom option.
>Second, women are consistently in the minority in App Academy cohorts. We wish this was not the case, but it's another reality of our current situation. Many female students expressed concern with sharing a bathroom with a 90% male cohort, because of privacy and comfort.
>We struggled with how to address both these concerns at once, in a space that we are unable to alter significantly (e.g., we cannot build a single-stall gender neutral restroom). In the end, we came to the conclusion that reserving one bathroom for women and making the other gender neutral was the best option available to us. We recognize this is imperfect and even a little odd, but it's the best we can do for now. We welcome feedback on how this policy is working for the students in the space.
>>
Respond you faggots
>>
Obvious solution:

Start using the empty women's toilets.
If someone complains, state that you identify as a female and would feel discriminated against if forced to use the men's room. Threaten to sue the college. Don't shave. Mantain eye contact.
>>
It seems to me that a higher percentage of nerds become trans than does the general population. Why is that? Is it because they can't get girls, so they decide to become girls?
>>
Well, what is there to be said? You're pretty much lefty-fucked yeah
>We welcome feedback on how this policy is working for the students in the space.

>try to talk shit against it and we expel you

They are also cheap fucks for not refitting the wymynnz bathroom with a wall which cuts their space in half and opening the other half for men.
>>
>>73912990
I agree with the baguette.
>>
>>73912990
This. Say you're a woman - not even that you IDENTIFY as a woman but that you are in fact a woman. And ask why they won't allow women like you into the women's restroom, and watch them squirm trying to answer without backpedaling on their entire queer/trans tolerance policy.
>w-well you can't use it b-because you're not t-technically I MEAN because you don't conform with the standard idea of a wo-- I MEAN UHHHHH
>>
>>73912243
>Second Point
I don't get that, where is the argument?
Is it really just
>female student expressed concern

btw, AppAcademy, SF

Top Kek
>>
>>73912088
Buddy, this was an episode of south park. Put a bow in your hair, tell them you are a woman now, and use the women's restroom.
They can't tell you, your not. It's discriminating against you, if they do.
>>
File: 1375229557222.gif (679 KB, 200x199) Image search: [Google]
1375229557222.gif
679 KB, 200x199
>>73912624
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.