[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The wage gap exists
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
File: Gender-Wage-Gap-2.jpg (27 KB, 400x356) Image search: [Google]
Gender-Wage-Gap-2.jpg
27 KB, 400x356
How can you not see that the wage gap exists? If it doesn't exist, explain to me how single men are able to live successfully on their own while single women predominantly struggle to make ends meet? I know this is anecdotal evidence, but my dad get's paid a little over $100,000 per year than my mom. How is it fair that a lawyer gets paid that much more than a Kindergarten teacher?
>>
>>73901007
Nice b8 mate nice b8
>>
File: 1461902258721.png (1022 KB, 674x7920) Image search: [Google]
1461902258721.png
1022 KB, 674x7920
>>73901007
>>
>>73901007
Evidence?
>>
>(You)
>>
>>73901007
WOMEN

Like men,
only less capable
>>
if the 23% wage gap actually existed, then either business would fire all male employees, or women are less than 77% as competent as men
>>
>>73901007
Move to Cuba
>>
File: k016te1.jpg (77 KB, 656x960) Image search: [Google]
k016te1.jpg
77 KB, 656x960
>>73901665
Cranky, will you get aload of this. It's a leaf that has some how rejected homosexuality. >>73901751
>>
>>73901121
>realizing I had a male kindergarten teacher
holy shit, how lucky was I?
>>
>>73901007
If women are cheap and just as effective then why are industries still male dominated?
>>73901121
Why would all of those industries hire all those expensive men? Seems like a horrible business decision
>>
>>73901665
And if it's only female employees, it means no male to compare their wages to. They would have no proof for the lawsuit. I could get away with it. Brilliant!
>>
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-gender-pay-gap-is-a-complete-myth/

Let's play doubles advocate for a moment

Let's say, at the end of the day, a 90/10 margin still exists in a pay gap.

This is due to one or two factors

>discrimination, which is already against the law
>women don't negotiate for higher salaries
>>
>>73901121
>tfw everyone assumes I'm a gay secretary
>>
>>73902169
And that child was Albert Einstein
>>
>>73901007
Single men cope with video games, movies and internet
Single women cope by heading to bars and getting plastered with friends, hoping some guy will buy her one but nobody does.
Drinks cost money, as do designer clothes, jewelry, and all kinds of dumb shit men don't need on their own.
Why do you think so many ads depict guys as idiots and women as the smart ones who correct them? Women spend more money on everything. They don't think long-term until someone teaches them to.
>>
File: Cfsf-SwUIAAZ813.jpg (26 KB, 600x347) Image search: [Google]
Cfsf-SwUIAAZ813.jpg
26 KB, 600x347
>>73901007
my personal experience is that women have way worse work ethics than men do.Also, they can't focus as well as men do and they tend to care less about work, that is why the wage gap exists, not because employers pay less for somebody who has a vagina. it's just human biology, and if we don't start paying women MORE for the same amount of work the wage gap will exist forever and there is nothing you can do about it.

>go to work
>female coworker #1 is on pregnancy leave
>#2 is on sick leave for two fucking weeks and 4 months pregnant as well
>#3 phones in 10 minutes after work starts that she is going to be late because [ladyproblem]
>#4 does half the work everybody else does because all she does is shittalk coworkers and whines all day
>end up doing literally everything with the other guy, we barely make the deadline
>get paid LESS because i'm still an intern

muh wage gap
>>
>>73901007
Go fuck yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oqyrflOQFc
>>
>>73904323
The fact that women know this and they are fighting like hell to steal from their own men is ridiculous. Fuck white women

B..But why wont he marry me....
>>
A wage gap exists because a work gap exists.
>>
File: 1463157663911.png (665 KB, 632x727) Image search: [Google]
1463157663911.png
665 KB, 632x727
>>73901007
>>
File: 1463158789385.jpg (36 KB, 625x512) Image search: [Google]
1463158789385.jpg
36 KB, 625x512
>>73905045

Hmm, I wonder if there is a connection? >>73904851
>>
File: 1460956242353.jpg (22 KB, 400x460) Image search: [Google]
1460956242353.jpg
22 KB, 400x460
>How is it fair that a lawyer gets paid that much more than a kindergarten teacher?
Top kek
>>
Two men can work the same exact job, and have two different wages.

Two women can have the same exact job and make two different wages (my mother works in catering. The woman she trained was making 25ยข more than my mom was for some reason).

A man and woman can work the same job, and somehow still not make the same exact wage.

If we want to get rid of any sort of wage gap, we'll have to make every single person in every single profession make the exact same salary. A first year lawyer will make the same amount as a woman who has been a lawyer for the past 40 years. No bonuses, and salary raises. No complaining.

Too bad Capitalism doesn't work like that.
>>
I'm not really sure how one parent being a kindergarten teacher and one being a lawyer has anything to do with their genders. There are plenty of woman lawyers and male kindergarten teachers. As far as the wage gap goes, men are much more likely to take jobs that are either dangerous or require a lot of schooling and have long hours, like construction or law. Women are likely to take teaching jobs which are more "fun" but don't pay as well because of this. This is NOT because there are no opportunities for women to get these jobs, (a recent study showed that grad school admissions officials for STEM fields had a 2 to 1 preference for women over men), but simply because they don't want them. Which is fine. But don't complain that you should get paid just as much for your gender studies degree. Also, on average, men work 15% more than women, in terms of hours. So there's 15% of your 23% "wage gap." (Same work my ass). Men also work at less favorable locations, often in more isolated roles, and often at night or weekends which pay more. And single women don't struggle to make ends' meet. Single women without kids make MORE than single men, on average. This despite everything I've said already. Women who own their own businesses make about half of what men who do so make. This can't be discrimination. This is up to either their ability to run a successful business or choice to take less pay. As with the entire trend in general, THEY are the ones giving themselves less money, on purpose or not. Finally, there's simply no way that any significant percentage of companies would actually pay their female employees less. It's a felony to do so, along with fines and potential shutdown of the company in almost all western countries. In conclusion, the wage gap exists because women work less, in more enjoyable but less lucrative jobs.
>>
So I suppose negotiating skills don't come into it.

>be boss
>handing out raises
>gave a female .NET developer her raise
>it was much higher than everyone else
>she started yelling at me
>stormed out of the room
>called my boss and claimed she was told there would be a larger raise
>ends up getting an even larger raise because she threatened to quit and the client liked her

Yes, she was Indian.

I suppose that not only should all wages be standard, they should be published, just like the government does.

Honestly that sounds good to me.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.