[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wendy’s looks to expand self-service kiosks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10
$15 MIN WAGERS BTFO!

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/may/12/wendys-expand-self-service-kiosks-amid-wage-hikes/

Will this continue across the nation? I hope so.
>>
$15 min wage campaign at the same time as self-service kiosks taking off looks like bad timing.

I argue that they are two separate issues.

Regardless of your viewpoint on minimum wages, the reality is the minimum wage in the United States does not cover rent, let alone groceries.
So you have this bizarre situation where people are working a full-time job and they are reliant on food stamps.
I am not being frivolous when I say this, it's bizarre that a full time worker has to rely on a for of welfare. The point of full time work was to get a person out of the welfare system.
>>
>>73886986
Wendy's and other places like them would go this route no matter what eventually.
>>
>>73887278
If the value of your work is so little that you can't sustain yourself, learn an useful skill or work two jobs.
>>
File: 1459809687168.jpg (304 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
1459809687168.jpg
304 KB, 1536x2048
To be honest, these $15 wage whores asked for this, and are why it's happening. Companies knew they had the power to do it, but needed that inspired reason to do so. No matter what, companies will always focus on their survival first, and if it means $15 an hour and the business suffering, they'll take the employees down first for the means of just staying open and making profit. Nothing illegal. Just running a business and trying to make a profit. These $15 cucks dig their own grave. The chickens are coming home to roost.
>>
File: 1448416611932.jpg (143 KB, 888x1120) Image search: [Google]
1448416611932.jpg
143 KB, 888x1120
>>73886986
I welcome our robot overlords.
>>
Good.

I stopped working at Wendy's after high school, as one should.
>>
I don't think this has so much to do with the $15 as with being an innovative restaurant and overall progress. of course, it's always a benefit, even if they weren't paid the higher wage the kiosk would most likely save costs in the long run
>>
>>73887278
minimum wage jobs like wendys are for teenagers and young adults wishing to supplement income. minimum wage jobs are not meant for a functioning adult to supply all the money they need to live. if youre an adult who works a minimum wage job with no aspirations of moving up or finding better work you have no place to complain. you either fucked up in school, didnt go to school, or got pregnant at a young age.
>>
File: 1453449894793.jpg (131 KB, 824x1100) Image search: [Google]
1453449894793.jpg
131 KB, 824x1100
My local mcdonalds has 4 of these kiosks now.

What I've noticed is that even though 2 of the cashiers are eliminated, they were just added to the cooking staff. 1 of the cashiers remain open for tech illiterate old people.

Someone still has to clean the restaurant. Someone has to maintain the machines. It's a cool gimmick, but we're far from eliminating minimum wage workers. Why do you pretend that we are?
>>
File: JUST.png (44 KB, 133x150) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
44 KB, 133x150
I went into a McDonalds on a road trip the other day, and first thing I noticed was right in front of the door, 4 kiosks, and at the front counter, just 1 register practically unmanned. People never even used the counter, and the kiosks had lines.
>>
File: sad-dog-3.jpg (647 KB, 1024x782) Image search: [Google]
sad-dog-3.jpg
647 KB, 1024x782
>>73886986
I worked fast food as a second job during high school. My other part time job was retail. Fast food work is horrible. The only people who can survive it are stupid people from all walks of life. As long as you are stupid, have no goals, no matter what you look like - black, white, asian, short, fat, tall, etc. fast food will make them happy and completely satisfy them. Fast food work is for the scum of our society. I worked there just to gain experience but I put my 2 weeks in after 3 months and never regretted it.

Retail on the other hand is horrible too. I done way too much work for little pay and it eventually lead me to quit.
>>
Local burger chain Max has had self-service terminals for years.

The regular lines are still pretty populated, by tourists, allergics and niggers who think they're at McD's.
>>
File: kylie busch.jpg (205 KB, 650x526) Image search: [Google]
kylie busch.jpg
205 KB, 650x526
>yfw you can now order a dozen Baconators without the shame of having to look a cashier in the face while doing it
>>
I've never seen a self service kiosk, what are they like? Do they have all the ingredients where customers can touch them? Because that sounds fucking disgusting and I'd stop eating at any place that does that
>>
I mean, what's to say it's coming to stop at the front counter? The Drive-Through kiosk is also on the table. McDonalds already has the auto-drink maker, so people make the orders outside, the drink maker responds, and the bagger hands the food and drink. You're looking at a future where the kitchen has like 3-4 people, until the Grill and Dressing station get robotic.
>>
>>73889699
the burgers are still put together like normal, it's just a touch panel where you tap on your burger and you can add extra cheese and stuff
>>
>>73889699
like self checkout at grocery stores

no worries you'll still have niggers preparing your triple big mac and XXL fries bro
>>
>>73887278
Assuming minimum wage is $8/h, that's $1280/month, which is easily liveable. I live off less than $1280 in Canadian dollars.
>muh iPhone
>muh flatscreen tv
If you stop living outside your means than you can live on minimum wage no problem.
>>
>>73889736
>until the Grill and Dressing station get robotic.
It will be a while before the grill becomes automatic. Table, on the other hand, yes. Grill just requires more human supervision because food sometimes doesn't cook completely.
>>
>>73889768
I don't want to do that either. Your fingers are going to be touching that filthy screen one minute and your food the next. Who knows what's going to be on that thing, maybe someone who doesn't wash their hands after they go to the bathroom smeared their contaminants on it
>>
What a dream, never having to directly interact with $5 / hour dregs.
>>
>>73889699
>>73890203
haha lol XD
>>
>>73886986
So the kiosks are going to make $15/hour?
>>
>>73886986
So the government can tell you who you can and cannot sell to, they can tell you what you can and cannot sell, but if a company wants to fire its employees for greed that's fine ?
I just don't get it.
>>
i hope burger king adds them

those retards never get my order right
>>
>>73890599
Simply Capitalism. If you own a business, your means is to make a profit, no matter how much of a sacrifice you need to make.
>>
The fact is , minimum wage jobs is not supposed to be a job that supports a family of 4. Minimum wage jobs are supposed to be a temporary or starting position salary for uneducated or inexperienced.

If you catch yourself with a family of 4 and didn't graduate college because you had kids at 16. You can't blame the system now because of your own poor choices. You deserve to suffer because of your poor choices.

Our social welfare program is those who are suffering without ever making that poor choice.

Also, people live way out of their means and most Americans are never taught any financial education ever in public schools.
>>
>>73890690
I've always wondered, is it the cooks that usually fuck up the orders, or is it the cashiers?
>>
>>73889948
For a highly industrial place like McDonald's (where all the meat patties are the exact same shape and weight) I don't think it'd be too hard to automate the cooking system. You'd only need one or two technicians to keep things running and assemble the trays, even during a full rush.
>>
>>73890732
It's almost always the chefs.

As someone who has worked as both a waiter and a chef. I can confirm that chefs fuck up a lot more than waiters. The only time a waiter fucks up is if they spill something or are retarded and can't write down orders

#benicetoyourwaiter
>>
>>73890732
I work at mcdonalds as a cook. Its always the cashiers. Sometimes they forget the customers food too and we get complaints. When i go on break they spit in my food(cashiers) btw
>>
>>73886986
Better than Jamal Jenkins or T'Shawndra Jones fucking up your order 50% of the time
>>
>>73887278
The big problem with the 15 dollar minimum wage is that people in this country think that everything costs the same. 15 an hour in Fort Worth is different then 15 in Portland.
>>
>>73890896
>>73890918
oooh lads, I'm not sure who to believe
>>
>>73886986
youre not very smart, lol
both the fact the minimum wage should be forced to be raised, and the changes businesses will make because of it, are the correct path to the future. it is not funny nor not funny, but the correct path forward. if you dont see why, as i said first, youre not very smart
>>
>>73890286
What about what I said gives you that impression? Do you think it's uncommon for people to dislike buffet-style restaurants where food is set out in the open where anything can happen to it? Or do you think a touch screen inside a fast food restaurant is not going to be filthy? Those are not rare concerns for people to have nor are they "random xd"
>>
File: sheetz1.jpg (32 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
sheetz1.jpg
32 KB, 350x263
>>73886986
these guys have done it for years.
>>
>>73890918
>mcdonalds

Maybe at your shit tier job where everyone is retarded. in real restaurants the chefs are bastards
>>
>>73891018

that has got to be the absolute worst name for a restaurant I've ever heard.

I immediately think that eating there will give me the shits.
>>
>>73889387
your a lazy fuck. I worked burger king at age 14. by 15 1/2 they had me working as manager's assistant because I also worked out, played AAA highschool hockey (high-energy) and looked old enough for the part. Alphas don't fail at any job.
>>
File: true goy.jpg (16 KB, 252x291) Image search: [Google]
true goy.jpg
16 KB, 252x291
>>73889058
That's right, goy. Don't forget that minimum wage jobs are only for teenagers and felons, just like the movies tell you!

Remember that part in Antman where Scott Lang searches for a job and has to work at Basken-Robbins? Hilarious! No self-respecting adult should be allowed access to a living wage, goy, when there's so many other places they can work to get it, right?
>>
>>73890599
it's generally possible to sell anything to anybody with exceptions. if you wanted to stop mcdonald's laying off employees a completely different corporate structure would be needed, one where the companies are an extension of the government.
>>
>>73890933
Yes and.....

Walmart paying 15 dollars an hour is different that a mom and pop pizza place paying 15 dollars an hour. Walmart, because of their size, can absorb the added expense far easier than the local pizza shop. This will put a lot small businesses out of business.
>>
>>73890730
>You deserve to suffer because of your poor choices.

Do the 4 children?

>Our social welfare program is those who are suffering without ever making that poor choice.

Such as the 4 children of a parent that has an allergic reaction to condoms?
>>
>>73890732
Usually the cooks. The cashiers enter the order and it gets sent back to a screen, you have to be down syndrome levels of retarded to mess up pressing a couple of buttons on a computer.
The cook has to look up at the screen, which is set up so that new orders keep popping up to the front, which obviously leads to confusion if there re a lot of new ones coming in. Combine that with special orders and it's easy to become unsure of what applies to what, especially if you're making the same item for two different orders. If you get a wrong item in your bag, it's most likely a correct item ordered by someone else, just mixed up due to the retarded (though admittedly I don't know how it could be improved) system.

t. 2 years Taco Bell cashier, 1 year cook
>>
>>73889948
DQ and Burger-king grills are virtually automated. It's a rotisery system like pizza ovens.
>>
>>73891285
Funny thing about Walmart is they afford the wage increase. Walmart loves employing low-income, and Section-8 because of the tax breaks. Walmart is a very disgusting company, and the Walton's never change. I don't need these jobs anymore, but back then I applied 3 times, and got one simple response that I didn't qualify because of my income information, with no details.
>>
>>73890599
We'd still be doing math by hand if it were up to you then? 75% of jobs were in farming before the invention of the tractor. When people are displaced by innovation that leaves massive opeings for service industries and menial bullshit like consumerism. 1st world countries # 1 export is technology because of the time freed up to study and work other "fields." That's exactly why we use the term "fields of work" still
>>
>>73891303
>Do the 4 children?

the 4 children do not "deserve" to inherit low Iq and undesirable characteristics, but it still happens.

Furthermore if the kids get everything served on a silver platter they'll recognize this as their mode of survival. They will likely never try to escape that shithole environment.
>>
>>73891599
I'm just saying the government seems so willing to meddle in stupid shit and yet when it could actually matter it chooses to respect muh capitalism.
>>
You guys realize this was a campaign by the fast food joints all along? ofc they can afford to pay their workers 15/hr, but they played a double hand here pretending to be opposed, so that now that they've won, they can automate their store. more money for the corporate board.
>>
>>73889819
Forgetting that part time doesn't work 40 hours a week and also taxes
>>
>>73891987
>ofc they can afford to pay their workers 15/hr

No they can't. We've been over the issue many times before.
>>
>>73889387
>The only people who can survive it are stupid people from all walks of life.

I agree.

The problem is the Bell-Curve isn't going to stop existing because we automate all the idiot jobs away. So what do you do when 40% of the population is too stupid to work?

And it's not just going to be "below average intelligence" people either. Paralegals? AI is replacing them already:
http://futurism.com/artificially-intelligent-lawyer-ross-hired-first-official-law-firm/

What do we do then?

$15 minimum wage isn't good. The problem is, long term, we'll need to adopt a universal income system, because most people will be teched out of a job.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.