[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Degenerate atheism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 87
File: PinocchioFedora.gif (16 KB, 363x351) Image search: [Google]
PinocchioFedora.gif
16 KB, 363x351
Christians are more trustworthy than atheists, and here's why.

Christians are forbidden to lie, whereas atheists are not. This causes the atheist to lie considerably much more. If lying is beneficial to the atheist, and he believes he can get away with it, what's stopping him? Lying goes from being a sin to being a useful strategy.

Yes, christians lie too, but not as much. Restrictions work, otherwise the legal system wouldn't (or any other kind of rules/norms for that matter).

The average atheist is the person who would see no problem lying in a job interview, on his CV, to the girl he's flirting with, to his friends when he'd rather stay at home than going out, etc. They lie literally every day.

Atheism is inherently immoral and this just proves it.
>>
My pastor used to lick my butt hole.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160512-233350.png (982 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160512-233350.png
982 KB, 2560x1440
>>73875157
Reminder that communist atheists killed nearly 200,000,000 people in the 20th century alone.

Reminder that, unlike atheists claim, they did in fact kill Christians in the name of atheism
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_Militant_Atheists
>>
>>73875455
Atheists are disgusting.
>>
File: de194d.jpg (69 KB, 680x466) Image search: [Google]
de194d.jpg
69 KB, 680x466
>>73875157
>>73877576
This shitty bait thread again
>>
>>73875455
So what ? Christians love to be killed in the name of Jesus, it brings new saints names to the calendar.
>>
File: 1462549444806.jpg (112 KB, 982x678) Image search: [Google]
1462549444806.jpg
112 KB, 982x678
>>73878202
It's an argument with a logical basis.
>>
>>73878364
No, it's just a bunch of shitty buzzwords that are designed to appeal to emotion. You Christians are almost as bad as Liberals with this shit
>>
>>73878432
>No, it's just a bunch of shitty buzzwords
Except it's not, is it? Do restrictions not work? Do people not avoid doing certain things strictly because it is illegal? Or because it's not the norm?

What's stopping an atheist from lying? It's like I said in the OP. If lying has a beneficial outcome for the atheist, he has no reason to not lie. Now YOU may appeal to emotion, but that's irrational, since reason supersedes emotion. In an atheistic worldview only the self matters.
>>
>>73878647
>What's stopping an Atheist from lying?
Other people, there are severe consequences if anyone, regardless of religion is caught doing something like that, as well as empathy, something that everyone has and Christians is a Christian trait only
>>
>>73878736
*Christians love to believe is a Christian trait only
>>
>>73878736
>there are severe consequences if anyone, regardless of religion is caught doing something like that
Severe consequences for lying? It's not even illegal (unless it's in court or to the government, funnily enough). Are there severe consequences for an atheist if he lies about liking his mother's food? Lying on his CV? No.
>>
By this logic, Islam has the highest moral ground, because under Sharia law there is 0% rape and no alcohol or drugs. Just because a religion says something in its tenets doesn't mean that it's followers actually follow those rules.
>>
>>73878885
>Just because a religion says something in its tenets doesn't mean that it's followers actually follow those rules.
No, but it means they have a predisposition to. I never said that christians don't lie. I said they lie less than atheists.
>>
>>73878940
Atheists are morally inclined not to lie.
>>
>>73878827
You're just proving my point on my "You're just as bad a Liberals on this subject" statement.
Once again I have to mention something called Empathy, which everyone has.
Besides, Immorality is subjective, what if the Christian Bible you read today is false and the real states that stealing and other "immoral" acts can be done with no consequences?
>>
>>73878984
>Atheists are morally inclined not to lie.
Only if the outcome is negative for the atheist (i.e. high likelihood of getting caught). Otherwise, no.
>>
File: zY3CSV3.png (33 KB, 899x547) Image search: [Google]
zY3CSV3.png
33 KB, 899x547
>>73878940
>They lie less than Atheists
Got a scientific chart to prove that claim buddy?
>>
>>73879014
>Once again I have to mention something called Empathy, which everyone has.
I'll say it again. Reason supersedes emotion. Atheists proclaim to be highly logical and rational people, it then logically follows that they would value reason higher than emotion.

If an atheist can get away with lying, he should lie. It's in his best interest.
>>
>>73879069
>Got a scientific chart to prove that claim buddy?
Logic on my side.
>>
>>73875455
>huurrr durr muh 2000000000000 stalin victims in the holodomors and gualgsss damn atheist
>>
>>73879057
If the Bible said lying could be justified, would that mean that Christians who lie are on a higher moral ground than Atheists who lie that don't believe in said Religion?
>>
File: 1462968447851.jpg (74 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1462968447851.jpg
74 KB, 2000x1333
>>73879120
>Christian arguments
>>
Is it really that difficult for /pol/ to believe in the existence of non-degenerate atheist?
>>
>>73879130
No.
>>
File: 1457623254079.jpg (1 MB, 2084x1976) Image search: [Google]
1457623254079.jpg
1 MB, 2084x1976
>>73879168
>Atheist argument
>MUH SCIENCE

You do realize that scientism is comparable to religion, right?
>>
>>73879057

>morality = fear of consequences

Some people have this thing called a conscience.
>>
>that image
are you even trying OP?

>>73879168
now thats a real troll
>>
>>73879316
Have you even been following the thread? Reason supersedes emotion.
>>
File: 1460888655432.png (637 KB, 573x1552) Image search: [Google]
1460888655432.png
637 KB, 573x1552
>>73879339
Reminder that filthy jews need not post in this thread. You all descend from Satan, the father of lies. You are the most degenerate people on this planet.
>>
I wouldn't say forbidden, plenty of Christians lie, I'm a Christian but please avoid the no true Scotsman.

I don't lie, but that's for different reasons. I don't lie because I fail to see where I need to, I'd rather tell the truth, face the consequences and have it known you can always rely on what I say being the truth. This is all about personal characters > other's opinions, which if anything is a modernist revival belief.
>>
>>73879369

And your reasoning is that the only motivation people can have for not lying is punishment by am omnipotent being nobody can see or prove exists

As opposed to say, basic fucking empathy
>>
>>73875157
I forbid myself to lie, cheat, steal, and cause pain to others (without reason).

I am a far stronger authority over my agency than God, in both the Christian and atheist context, on account of my free will ordained by the bible and by a rationalist worldview.

I still like Christianity though. I'm not tipping the fedora. You guys are okay, unless you are Calvinists, or 90% of protestant denominations.
>>
>>73878647
>In an atheistic worldview only the self matters.

Not if the atheists assign worth to other people, like I have.

I am on the surface no different to you.
>>
>>73879482
>I wouldn't say forbidden
Not forbidden? Do you even know what the ten commandments are? And you call yourself a christian?

> I'd rather tell the truth, face the consequences and have it known you can always rely on what I say being the truth.
You can achieve the same result by not getting caught in a lie. That's what I'm saying. If an atheist can get away with lying, he has no reason not to lie (inb4 appeal to emotion again, even though we've been through this).
>>
File: 1458747049763.jpg (50 KB, 371x562) Image search: [Google]
1458747049763.jpg
50 KB, 371x562
>>73879490
Think your fedora is on too tight, because that's not what I said at all.
>>
atheism is fucking trash.
why would anybody think the very foundation of reality is based on nothing whatsoever? it makes literally no sense. either there is something metaphysical or reality wouldn't even be a fucking thing in any way. no creation without a creator. it also matters little if this is a sentient being or not. we all know that with life this creator gave way to intelligence and progress.

you don't even need to be religious in order to understand such an obvious notion.
>>
>>73879431
i don't normally take into heart on /pol/, nor i take into heart in troll threads, but this is a double negative so i'm ofended. the pox on you!
>>
>>73875157
>He doesnt just live by christian values
>He worships a dead kike on a stick
>Current year
>>
>>73879491
>I forbid myself to lie, cheat, steal, and cause pain to others (without reason).
Then you're irrational.

>>73879572
>Not if the atheists assign worth to other people, like I have.
Just because you assign arbitrary worth to other people it doesn't automatically give them worth. The only thing that matters in a darwinian world is yourself, your own well-being.
>>
>>73879431
Did you know I look Jewish and have a German surname? I find this hilarious, I'm honest by principal and antisemites never believe me despite it. I'll tell them the absolute truth and they'll believe the opposite, serves them right for not being able to distinguish an Italian with a German name from an Ashkenazi Jew.

Muslims are especially precious
>y-you're not Jewish??
Literally happened to me at uni.

>>73879580
Pfft, there are so few people that have came to the same realisation I have that I wouldn't hold deceitfulness against them, and I doubt God would either.

BTW, lies always snowball and unless you have an eidetic memory, your lies are always going to conflict. Deceitfulness is the philosophy of someone who welcomes complexity, honesty is for people who only need and only want one story to follow: the right one.

Because, like, I don't give a fuck what you think of me, have some more truth and I hope it stings.
>>
File: 1462709977013.png (135 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
1462709977013.png
135 KB, 500x371
>>73875157
>>
>>73879580

Again it boils down to you being such a shitty person that you need the threat of eternal damnation to scare you into acting decent. A normal person doesn't lie because they wouldn't want to be lied to and they have a functioning sense of empathy. Judging from your 'logic' you're simply a sociopath who assumes everyone else is a sociopath.
>>
File: 1452565115820.png (814 KB, 900x3186) Image search: [Google]
1452565115820.png
814 KB, 900x3186
>>73879709
>He worships a dead kike on a stick
Newfag?
>>
>>73879721
>Then you're irrational.
No, it's mutually beneficial and does good things for me. It is ultimately selfish, but then again, so is subservience to God. Not only that but it is in my instinct as a human to value other humans. It is natural, and I have had it from birth. In the bible, it is said that it was thirteen on our hearts, but as someone who believes in evolution, social creatures had an evolutionary advantage in this regard.

>Just because you assign arbitrary worth to other people it doesn't automatically give them worth.

Yes it does, because I am willing to sacrifice commodities such as time and love to keep them safe and in a spooky way, in my possession.

You are looking at this through a thick and very unhealthy lens that is unbecoming of a christian.
>>
>>73877576

Sadly true
>>
>>73875455
>Reminder that communist atheists killed nearly 200,000,000 people in the 20th century alone.

That's a good quality to have. Should be the amount of foreigners and leftists in Europe at the moment.
>>
>>73879800
>Again it boils down to you being such a shitty person
Moral universalism is nonsensical with atheism.
>A normal person doesn't lie because they wouldn't want to be lied to and they have a functioning sense of empathy.
And normal people tend to be irrational. What's your point?
>>
>>73879922

Apparently you're caught in a feedback loop. I'm out
>>
>>73879912
>muh 200 billion
>>
>>73879980
he is an attention whore. what took you so long?
>>
>>73879725
>I'll tell them the absolute truth and they'll believe the opposite
Pathological liars often believe they are telling the truth when they are not.

>Pfft, there are so few people that have came to the same realisation I have that I wouldn't hold deceitfulness against them, and I doubt God would either.
The "realisation" you follow is not a rational approach to life in an atheistic worldview.
>BTW, lies always snowball
No they don't. You watch too much television since this is a cliché quote from plenty of movies and series.
>honesty is for people who only need and only want one story to follow: the right one.
Universal absolutism is nonsensical with atheism.
>>
>>73875157
The legal system doesnt work, you statist motherfucker. It only privileges some to the disadvantage others.

See for example divorce laws. Filthy statist.
>>
>>73879980
>I'm out
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
>>
> thread
>>
File: 1495979631041.gif (15 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1495979631041.gif
15 KB, 200x200
>>73880039

>Yessss I hate Christians too fellow chosen one. Yoshua is so boiling in excrement right now amirite? ;)
>>
I trust delusional people who believe in fairytales
>>
>>73879812
This is a verry good infograph, it's not complete but making it so would make it prohibitively long.

I'll steal it for now
>>
>>73880006
It doesn't matter whether it happened or not. All that matters are the memes.
>>
>>73880068
I'm not an atheist and you're so committed to it your rationality has clearly been compromised. I'm the same Christian that says science should take precedent before theology.
>>
>>73879906
>No, it's mutually beneficial
No, that's precisely what it is not. If you refrain from lying (when it could benefit you) for the simple reason that "it's wrong", then it's not beneficial, is it?
>Not only that but it is in my instinct as a human to value other humans. It is natural, and I have had it from birth.
So? It's still irrational.
>Yes it does
No, it really doesn't.
>>
>>73880112
see this>>73879491

The fact is that you are so full of shit. In the bible it says that morals are written on ours hearts, so your are making an unbiblical assumption. Even without God those morals should stick.

Even from an evolutionary standpoint, we have an explanation for why the scenario doesn't fucking happen.

Such a shitty starwman and slippery slope in one.
>>
>>73880169
no no no, if you want to be an attention whore on /pol/, at the very least you need to proxy as israel.
>>
>>73875157
You're making the assumption that religion is the only source of morality (a sense of right and wrong) but there has been many secular arguments for objective secular morality and even its superiority to religion.

Most secular morality wouldn't consider lying necessarily as immoral, however they would consider fraud as immoral which is deceiving others at their expense to benefit yourself.

Not all lying is fraudulent, so for example if you ask me my favourite colour and I lie that's not immoral by more secular standards but if you ask me if my car works correctly and I lie and say yes, and then sell you that car, that would be fraudulent and immoral.

Interestingly I don't see many religions out there that make this distinction between moral and immoral lying, which is just 1 example of why secular morality is superior.

Ultimately belief in Christianity and the morals is becoming less in western society as atheism is on the rise and it's specifically because of problems with religious morality, it's not objective and there's no reason to believe in one gods so called word, than another, when you can't even demonstrate the god exists to begin with.
>>
>>73880195
> I'm the same Christian that says science should take precedent before theology.
You're starting to sound like a heretic. Science not absolute truth. Scientific data can be fabricated and tampered with. Are you a catholic? You believe in evolution like your pope?
>>
>>73880218

>a man who might as well believe in fairies is calling others irrational for putting value in human lives and values

You're using fucking muslim tier logic by devaluing human capacity for good by their own volition. And it IS rational because we're a community-based species which thrives by teamwork and not fucking your tribe over for short term benefits.
>>
File: goyum.gif (2 MB, 220x165) Image search: [Google]
goyum.gif
2 MB, 220x165
>>73879099
>argues in the guise of reason
>believes in a zombie Jew that sacrificed himself to himself so he wouldn't have to murder humanity with no evidence to substantiate such belief.

Top kek, Mohammed
>>
>>73880112
Selfdivinisation - best thing mortal creature can dream for
>>
>>73880218
>No, it really doesn't.
I've explained why it does. Because I pay a price, being my time, patience, and so on, to preserve and aid the lives of others, I have assigned them real worth. That is literally how worth is determined. They are worth my patience, love, and time, because that is what I am willing to pay for them.
>No, that's precisely what it is not. If you refrain from lying (when it could benefit you) for the simple reason that "it's wrong", then it's not beneficial, is it?
This isn't true. Lying has a risk associated with it, and it can cause damage even if it is potentially beneficial. I lie just as much as a Christian, if not less, because God can forgive sins. I don't believe in a God, and I know that some sins won't be forgiven by people.

>So? It's still irrational.
It is of benefit. If we work together, and their is a loving and caring environment around me, it makes me feel good, and sets me up for success.

Stop being a moron. Some atheists, perhaps even most, are morally depraved. I however, probably live more biblically morally than you do, because the real world might not forgive my sins, and I need to keep that in mind.
>>
File: 1462901488822.jpg (16 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1462901488822.jpg
16 KB, 250x241
>>73880221

>Even without God those morals should stick.

Which morals?

You don't even know which ones one should believe in do you?
>>
File: 1457622801145.png (479 KB, 1279x638) Image search: [Google]
1457622801145.png
479 KB, 1279x638
>>73880283
>You're making the assumption that religion is the only source of morality (a sense of right and wrong) but there has been many secular arguments for objective secular morality and even its superiority to religion.
I'll say it again. Atheism is incompatible with moral universalism, and moral relativism is nonsensical.

>Most secular morality wouldn't consider lying necessarily as immoral, however they would consider fraud as immoral which is deceiving others at their expense to benefit yourself.
See previous response.
>
Not all lying is fraudulent, so for example if you ask me my favourite colour and I lie that's not immoral
You're just proving my point.
>Interestingly I don't see many religions out there that make this distinction between moral and immoral lying, which is just 1 example of why secular morality is superior.
That's because all lies are immoral.
>
Ultimately belief in Christianity and the morals is becoming less in western society as atheism is on the rise
And that's one of the many reasons why western civilization is turning to shit.
>>
>>73875157
Stop posting anytime Ahrckmed
>>
>>73879645
>why would anybody think the very foundation of reality is based on nothing whatsoever? it makes literally no sense.

"Well, i believe in a desert cult myth of spontaneous creation because it's written in this book, see!?"

t. Christards
>>
>>73880380
>And it IS rational because we're a community-based species which thrives by teamwork and not fucking your tribe over for short term benefits.
Yes, you stupid sand-nigger, and by lying in this "community-based" society (if it's beneficial to you) is the rational approach.
>>
>>73880532
>it also matters little if this is a sentient being or not.
>>
File: 1460592136924-0-pol.jpg (810 KB, 2740x3663) Image search: [Google]
1460592136924-0-pol.jpg
810 KB, 2740x3663
There is scientific proof for intellegent design. They could be right and we time travel to create ourselves, but the solar system has too many geometric properties to be anything other than a mathmatic message in our system.
Just watch the moon perfectly eclipse the sun. That's where it starts.
The ancients knew this and had advanced math.
Read
Who Built the Moon?
Christopher Knight
>>
>>73880068
Thinking of this again.

My best friend isn't honest (but isn't deceitful, making him a bad liar) and I'm highly intelligent, I call him out on it all the time. If I were judgemental, I'd hold it against him.

Smart people know when you're lying. You think your opaque, but you're not. You're obvious. Liars are obvious as fuck, they're so obvious it's some of the reason I'm an honest person.

>>73880364
No, science isn't absolute truth but it (contemporary science) is the best representation we have and faith is only necessary for the gaps, I guess as a placeholder

I'm Trinitarian, but not authoritarian. I'll be married in a Catholic church, but I'm only as Catholic as my rationality allows.

Yes I believe in evolution, in fact I believe it is the will of God as God's own mind itself. Kind of complicated, but I feel the laws of the universe are a form of logic or natural programming that may very well constitute the mind of God.

Yes, I'm a Gnostic theist.

No, the pope is an authoritarian, cosmopolitan, crypto Marxist cuck. I'll teach my children my way, he can teach his his way.
>>
>>73880456
The mutually beneficial tenets of liberty. Plus whatever social instinct tells us to do. Anything else and we would damage the delicate framwork of our society.

It is rationalized by it's merits as a system that works, which is why Christian nations that adopted it, as it was part of their religion, prospered.

The morals of the new testimate are largely the most reasonable for a society that considers everyone deserving of equal opportunity.

Not only are these systems evolutionary explained and effective, but they are also written on our hearts, or so you would believe if you were a Christian.

So it should be no surprise to you that and atheist who isn't a faggot, living in a christian society can be moral, even exceptionally so.

If you have any questions please ask. If I'm wrong I would love to know. I don't have any personal attachments to my ideas, because clinging to them would make me liable to being wrong, and it feels good to be right.
>>
>>73880448
>Lying has a risk associated with it, and it can cause damage even if it is potentially beneficial.
That's where probability kicks in. If the probability is higher that you won't get caught, and the positive outcome is better than the negative outcome, then you should lie. That's the rational approach.
>because God can forgive sins.
This fucking meme, lmao. Repentence means you regret your immoral actions. It means you'll try your hardest to refrain from committing the same sin in the future. What does this mean then? That you'll try your hardest not to lie again.
>Stop being a moron. Some atheists, perhaps even most, are morally depraved. I however, probably live more biblically morally than you do, because the real world might not forgive my sins, and I need to keep that in mind.
Muh anecdotes. I am talking about the general population here. Stop being a brainwashed retard.
>>
>>73880632
>stuff circles around other stuff therefore intelligent design

Really?
>>
File: michelle-obamajpeg-0fc51.jpg (3 MB, 3908x2605) Image search: [Google]
michelle-obamajpeg-0fc51.jpg
3 MB, 3908x2605
>>73879120
Top kek are you even trying Mohammed?
>>
I'm theistic and incredibly moral. I've never stolen, I've never cheated on a woman, I've never lied for material gain, I've never attacked another person. I don't do this because of some karmic retribution, I simply do it because it's important to me to be a good person and have a positive impact on my environment.
>>
>>73880632
Let's see some of this "proof."

>inb4 wacko links to Christian conspiracy site are posted.
>>
>>73880540

>being a total fucking dickbag and lying is rational

If you're a complete fucking sociopath that doesn't give a fuck about the future of the community and you're only seeking immediate gratification, then yes. But if you're not a narrow minded prick and look ahead you'll realize you're basically fucking yourself as well. Lying, if caught, gets you ostracized from the community which is basically genetic suicide. If not, it fucks over the tribe for your own benefit which can lead to its demise which leaves you without a community to protect you when the wolves come. How very "Christian" of you to think like a sociopath.
>>
>>73880490
>I'll say it again. Atheism is incompatible with moral universalism, and moral relativism is nonsensical.

Can you explain why? If you've already posted why just link me? Because this needs to be backed up with reason and evidence.

>That's because all lies are immoral.
Based on what reasoning?

>Ultimately belief in Christianity and the morals is becoming less in western society as atheism is on the rise And that's one of the many reasons why western civilization is turning to shit.
Belief in religious dogma and religious morals are on the decline because many of them don't make sense or cannot be reasoned from first principles, they have to be accepted as fiat from whatever god the religion holds as an authority. The problem is that people are starting to demand reasonable degrees of evidence for the existence of that authority and theists have failed to provide it.

Just the simple fact that there's many purported gods around the world and many of them fundamentally disagree on issues of morality, and they all claim to be true and accurate leads to paradoxical morality, it means that one thing we can be certain of is that not all religions can be correct, it's not logically coherent.

And when you increase your expectation for evidence that belief in any one particular god is true over any other god what you find is that all religions equally lack evidence.
>>
>>73875231
FPBP
>>
>>73880265
Or you can get a trip like me
>>
File: 1463139590763.jpg (60 KB, 991x902) Image search: [Google]
1463139590763.jpg
60 KB, 991x902
>>73879128
Cómo va la venta de dólares de Del Caño?
Socialista y ateo hasta que se va a morir de hambre
>>
>>73880687
>No, science isn't absolute truth but it (contemporary science) is the best representation we have and faith is only necessary for the gaps, I guess as a placeholder
Scientism, the post.
>I'm Trinitarian
Heresy.
>Yes I believe in evolution
Heresy.
>>
>>73879431
Isn't the dead faggot you worship a Jew?
>>
File: 2131315.png (854 KB, 986x1118) Image search: [Google]
2131315.png
854 KB, 986x1118
>>73880743
A norwegian should not be calling a swede "Mohammed". You're less white than us. Pic-related.
>>
>>73880832
You mean what virtually all highly intelligent theists believe?

Heresy, maybe, but it's the religion of the new age. Science first, then whatever the fools have decided feels right.
>>
>>73880772
>Lying, if caught, gets you ostracized from the community which is basically genetic suicide
Lmao. People lie every day, get caught every day, and it doesn't "ostracize" them from the community. Stop talking shit.
>>
File: 1.jpg (3 KB, 126x126) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
3 KB, 126x126
>>73880818
Trips can be filtered tough. staying anonymous is the way to go.
trips are for people who actually want to contribute (or everyone will filter them).
>>
>>73880697

>The mutually beneficial tenets of liberty. Plus whatever social instinct tells us to do. Anything else and we would damage the delicate framwork of our society.

Define damage to society, then tell me why your definition of damage is morally wrong

>It is rationalized by it's merits as a system that works, which is why Christian nations that adopted it, as it was part of their religion, prospered.

Define "works"

>The morals of the new testimate are largely the most reasonable for a society that considers everyone deserving of equal opportunity.

Why is equal opportunity good? If it's because "it works", see the two replies right above

>Not only are these systems evolutionary explained and effective, but they are also written on our hearts, or so you would believe if you were a Christian.

That's just a description of facts, not an explanation for "why" they should remain in place and unchanged

>So it should be no surprise to you that and atheist who isn't a faggot, living in a christian society can be moral, even exceptionally so.

Define "being moral", give examples, then tell me why they are moral. If it's because they "work" etc., see the first two replies
>>
>>73880805
>Can you explain why? Because this needs to be backed up with reason and evidence.
This was explained why over 2000 years ago. Get with the times you uneducated atheist.

>Based on what reasoning?
Based on the moral absolutism I subscribe to (i.e. the Bible).

>Just the simple fact that there's many purported gods around the world and many of them fundamentally disagree on issues of morality, and they all claim to be true and accurate leads to paradoxical morality
Just the fact that there's many pruported scientific facts around the world and many of them fundamentally disagree, and they all claim to be true and accurate leads to paradoxical science.
>>
>>73880728
How am I a brainwashed retard? You've got nothing on me, faggot.

>That's where probability kicks in.
Just like any Christian, I will lie if it is in my interests without being against someone else's best interests. It is a defense mechanism. If the black panthers kicked down my door, I can tell you that I wouldn't show them that I browsed /pol/ just for "muh morality".

Playing nice doesn't win against people who play dirty. That's why the second amendment is necessary, the government and criminals aren't moralist pacifists.

>I was talking about the general population
Maybe mention that. Don't lump me in to it when there is nothing at all inconsistent or problematic with my worldview, especially when I am respectful enough not you guys out on inconsequential rubbish.

I'd like to rest on the point that I believe an atheistic society can be entirely moral. There is nothing about believing in something as arbitrary as a deity that dictates morality. On the other hand, I will concede that Christianity does a better job and keeping social checks and balances than anything I can think of in most atheistic systems.
>>
>>73880864
Sigh, read the thread before you post bullshit like this. >>73879812
>>
>>73880632
>Just watch the moon perfectly eclipse the sun
lol

>There is scientific proof for intellegent design.

Americans...

>Who Built the Moon?

>american education
>>
>>73880949
That's because the prevailing belief is that not all lying is immoral. It might be a undesireable character trait in say someone you want to be close to or even intimate with. But there's nothing fundamentally immoral about lying.

If you want to claim there is then you have to demonstrate how you arrive at that conclusion, and if that reasoning is "there's a god and he says.." then you need to demonstrate existence of that god. This has been the single point of failure for all religion everywhere, it's just not a respectable belief anymore in modern society.
>>
>>73880918
>You mean what virtually all highly intelligent theists believe?
What's this? Appeal to authority? Argumentum ad populum?

>Heresy, maybe, but it's the religion of the new age. Science first, then whatever the fools have decided feels right.
You're a complete heretic.
>>
>>73881007
>Trips can be filtered tough

Most don't bother. But this trip is amazing for attention seeking. Whenever i post something a little agaisnt /pol/ accepted rhetoric, it's garanteed over 3 replies per post.
>>
>>73881098
>I can tell you that I wouldn't show them that I browsed /pol/ just for "muh morality".
Disgusting. There's no justification for sin.
>Maybe mention that.
I shouldn't have to. It's common sense. I'm obviously not talking about the minority when I say "christians are more trustworthy than atheists". This is a generalization.
>I'd like to rest on the point that I believe an atheistic society can be entirely moral.
If you're a christian and believe that you are delusional. Denying the existence of God is immoral in itself. Sure, atheists can be moral in certain other aspects, but not overall.
>>
File: warcraft-movie-lothar-garona.jpg (37 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
warcraft-movie-lothar-garona.jpg
37 KB, 540x405
>>73880901
Huh? The combined R1b, R1a and I1 is higher in Norway than Sweden.
>In before le celts and slavs ain't white meme
>>
>>73880832
How is believing in evolution heresy?
This is why atheists criticize us so much, become some of us are so ignorant they deny scientific facts. Yes, Christianity is compatible with evolution.
Darwin's book tells us about how species got here, not how it all started.
Scientists are clueless to how it all started, but yet they deny the possibility that God did it.
I'm a Theist myself, but to ignore evolution would be the same as ignoring gravity.
>>
>>73881153
>That's because the prevailing belief is that not all lying is immoral.
Gee, I wonder why. Could the answer be: ATHEISM? I rest my case.
>>
>>73881291
yeah well, cuz /pol/ is filled with idiots and attention whores, so it's like, easy mode.
>>
File: 1462805431929.jpg (65 KB, 607x393) Image search: [Google]
1462805431929.jpg
65 KB, 607x393
>>73881315
>In before le celts and slavs ain't white meme
They aren't. Only germanic people are white.
>>
>>73880949
>People lie every day, get caught every day, and it doesn't "ostracize" them from the community.
Talk about talking shit. You're a fucking idiot. Apostasy and suicide is your best bet, you're making christianity look bad.
>>
>>73881416

>Apostasy and suicide is your best bet, you're making christianity look bad.

Why do non-Christians always love to lecture Christians? You're way more invested than one would expect of non-believers

I think it's because you crave to believe in something
>>
>>73881074
>Define damage to society, then tell me why your definition of damage is morally wrong

Damage to society would be an event resulting in an illiberal perception, or more basically, a system in which there is justification for throwing your own countrymen (or tribe in the context of social evolution) under the bus.

>Define "works"

Well, it works because it, if done effective, does a great job at giving you an opportunity to live a fulfilling and good life. This system essentially guarantees you a good life at birth if you are willing to seize it, so from birth to death, it benefits the majority of people. While it is more of a fee fees argument for people in positions of power to belie in this system, it is rational for most people to believe in it. Considering it facilitates capitalism it is also ration for the powerful people in most cases I suppose. If that is too fuzzy for you (and I understand if it is) then just look at it based on it's merits.

>Why is equal opportunity good? If it's because "it works", see the two replies right above

Equal opportunity will guarantee you an opportunity at a good life. Other systems would have you clawing to the top hoping you were born strongest, essentially having you role the genetic dice. Yes, it does just work, by the definition I prescribed above.

>That's just a description of facts, not an explanation for "why" they should remain in place and unchanged

And? I was explaining to the Christian reader that it is reasonable for atheists to think and act like them, bar God.

>Define "being moral", give examples, then tell me why they are moral.

Being moral is acting on social instinct at it's core, because that fields results as I have described above.

If you think any of my answers were unsatisfactory, let me know. I enjoy it when people make me think.
>>
>>73880949

That's because there are shit people that are immoral. Atheism and Christianity have nothing to do with people being shit. And when you get caught lying it makes you less trustworthy which in turn damages your reputation with people which in turn makes them less likely to be with you. Nobody likes a notorious liar, stop saying that its "accepted" just because its legal.
>>
File: 735.gif (3 MB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
735.gif
3 MB, 290x189
>>73881321
>How is believing in evolution heresy?
Read the Bible sometime.
>so ignorant they deny scientific facts.
Darwinian evolution (i.e. macroevolution) is not a scientific fact. Microevolution is. Big difference. Very big. Inb4 "It's just microevolution is just macroevolution on a bigger scale." Prove it. Jumping to conclusions is not scientific.
>This is why atheists criticize us so much
You shouldn't care about what atheists think of you.
>Christianity is compatible with evolution.
Not biblical christianity.
>to ignore evolution would be the same as ignoring gravity.
Pic-related.
>>
File: slavic-women14.jpg (51 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
slavic-women14.jpg
51 KB, 600x400
>>73881374
Nice b8 Mohammed
>>
>>73881592
>That's because there are shit people that are immoral.
Yes, the vast majority of atheists.
>Atheism has nothing to do with people being shit.
Literally what?
>And when you get caught lying it makes you less trustworthy which in turn damages your reputation with people which in turn makes them less likely to be with you.
Read the OP again. I specifically mentioned not getting caught. Learn to read you illiterate sand-nigger.
>>
>>73881681
What's your point? There are pretty slavic women, and there are germanic women living all across the globe. For all we know that could be a germanic woman living in a slavic country. Slavs are a mixture between germanic people, turks and asians (primarily). They are mongrels.
>>
>>73881299
>If you're a christian and believe that you are delusional. Denying the existence of God is immoral in itself. Sure, atheists can be moral in certain other aspects, but not overall.

If you remove the completely arbitrary sin of denying Gods existence, then yeah atheists are immoral. It completely robs the logic out of morality. That is a rule for the sheeple to keep actual morals over their heads, and as a result, I approve. And I say sheeple endearingly, because we are social creatures. It is our strength.

>Disgusting. There's no justification for sin.

I don't believe that you don't commit calculated sin. And if you don't then you are the one who is evil. You wouldn't tell a lie to save your family form fucking torture and death? Fuck you then. You are the true animal here. Of all of the actions described here, feeling good about yourself in exchange for the lives of your family is the only evil one. You are the dumbest Christian I have ever met if you think your holy book wants to drag you to the fucking grave.

I can morally justify that lie, you can't. Who has the dysfunctional morality?

Not most Christians, and not me, only you.
>>
I'll bite
morals and ethics is about a well functioning sociaty. sociaties that have them thrive, and those who don't fall.
christian lie like any other, its not like all politicians are atheists.
>>
>>73875157
> Yes, christians lie too, but not as much.
Citation needed

> The average atheist is the person who would see no problem lying in a job interview, on his CV, to the girl he's flirting with, to his friends when he'd rather stay at home than going out, etc. They lie literally every day.
Citation needed

> Atheism is inherently immoral and this just proves it.
Citation needed
>>
>>73881792
>If you remove the completely arbitrary sin of denying Gods existence,
It's literally a commandment. You proclaim to be christian? Wew lad...
>You wouldn't tell a lie to save your family form fucking torture and death?
It would be immoral. The only thing that would put you in that situation to begin with is being immoral and continuously sin. God protects his flock.

>I can morally justify that lie, you can't. Who has the dysfunctional morality?
You're just proving my point.
>>
>>73881932
>Citation needed
Logic
>Citation needed
Logic
>Citation needed
Logic (and the Bible).
>>
>>73881619
>Darwinian evolution (i.e. macroevolution) is not a scientific fact. Microevolution is. Big difference. Very big. Inb4 "It's just microevolution is just macroevolution on a bigger scale." Prove it. Jumping to conclusions is not scientific.

It is the only plausible explanation for genetic diversity. It explains so much.

Theory in science is of a higher order than law. The Newtonian Laws are based of physical theory, for example. Evolution, in laymen's terms, is considered by all of science to be a fact.

Explanatory capability is considered evidence in science, because it is logical, and logic is considered evidence in science, because mathematical proofs are considered evidence in science, and that is because they have 100% predictive capability.

Of course, I am a physicist, and you are um.. something, so neither of us are qualified to make a judgment. So, rather that making guesses, and yourself jumping to conclusions, you should study evolution at a good university.
>>
>>73880697

>implying people won't confuse morals with pleasure achieved by doing degenerate acts that are inherently wrong.

>like happens every day.

you are an idiot
>>
>>73881681
Ficki ficki, would totally let her burn my coal
>>
>>73881699

There are literally thousands of Christians that are shit people. Catholic priests fiddle children and orthodox priests are corrupt fucks that preach humility and drive hummers. Is that because of atheism? And you don't get to use "well they're not true christians" argument either.
>>
File: FYA9kMNUMOM.jpg (49 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
FYA9kMNUMOM.jpg
49 KB, 500x500
>>73881374
Now stop being slavphobic there Lars Wadood Majid
>>
>>73882002
Logic? where? I don't see any logic from you.
>>
>>73881576

>Damage to society would be an event resulting in an illiberal perception

Why would liberty be an absolute good?

> or more basically, a system in which there is justification for throwing your own countrymen (or tribe in the context of social evolution) under the bus.

And why is this bad?

>Well, it works because it, if done effective, does a great job at giving you an opportunity to live [...] a good life
>Equal opportunity will guarantee you an opportunity at a good life.

Define living a "good life"

>And? I was explaining to the Christian reader that it is reasonable for atheists to think and act like them, bar God.

Why would you say it's reasonable?
>>
>>73875157
The reality is that religious people lie more.
>>
>>73881854
>christian lie like any other,
Are you a jew peasant? I thought the vast majority of jews were educated. Read the OP. I never said that self-proclaimed christians don't lie. I said that atheists lie more.
>>
https://youtu.be/tDDAa1If-u4
>>
>>73882033
>There are literally thousands of Christians that are shit people.
And there are literally hundreds of millions of atheists that are. What's your point? Atheists take the lead. That's what this thread is about.
>>
File: 1385789977259.gif (3 MB, 390x215) Image search: [Google]
1385789977259.gif
3 MB, 390x215
>>73880532

>"Well, i believe in a desert cult myth of spontaneous creation because it's written in this book, see!?"

>t. Christards
>>
>>73881951
I'm not Christian. God obviously doesn't bless his flock with brains.

>God protects his flock.

The only reason you come to this conclusion is because when Christians are slaughtered you apply a no true Scotsman fallacy. Christians are tortured and killed round the clock in some places. But you just disown them because it doesn't match your broken and porous world view.

You people are good for keeping the flock in order, and I thanks you for that, don't bother entering philosophy.
>>
>>73882181
> Atheists take the lead
No they don't
>>
File: 1455292926742.jpg (94 KB, 799x425) Image search: [Google]
1455292926742.jpg
94 KB, 799x425
>>73881122
>using the Bible as an argument for the Bible

And this if why I don't usually bother with you retarded faggots. Recursive "logic" proves nothing, you nitwit.
>>
>>73882051
>Logic? where? I don't see any logic from you.
That's because sub-human trash doesn't have an aptitude for logical thinking.
>>
>>73875157
What's a point of being an Atheist if your life is dedicated to proving the nonexistence of God/Gods to theists than living carefree.
>>
>>73882088
>The reality is that religious people lie more.
No.
>>
>>73882230
which is why u believe in christianity, and we believe in science and reason.
>>
>>73882218
>No they don't
Yes they do.
>>
>>73882316
proof? what? you have none? ok.
>>
>>73882025
They are stupid and going directly against what I have said. Effective morals are derived from social instinct as well as classical liberal principals. Throwing others under the bus is the opposite of this, for any reason!

I am not the idiot, YOU are, because you have COMPLETELY missed the fucking point. You were too dumb to understand what I was saying, and rather than asking questions, you act like a smug cunt, and make a fool of yourself.

I'm not going to hold a grudge, but if you would like you stop being a fucking waste and actually contribute to the discussion hat I have so readily invested my time into, that would be great, and all would be forgiven, you colossal faggot.
>>
>>73882181

My point is that you don't need to be cucked by a god in order to be a good person. You don't need to glorify man made books into a "holy bible" to teach people how and why they should be decent. You also don't need to be an atheist to want to "purge" entire generations of "unbelievers" just to sate your primal urge to kill. You wanting to put a leash on your neck and proudly pronounce that you are better than everyone else shows just how far sweden has fallen.
>>
>>73882294
>we believe in science and reason.
That's precisely what you don't. Atheism is incompatible with moral universalism, yet the vast majority of atheists say the opposite. You are the epitome of irrationality and nonsensical thinking.
>>
File: img000010.png (1 MB, 2228x1600) Image search: [Google]
img000010.png
1 MB, 2228x1600
>>73882091
on what logic you base that? that atheists have no moral value? values come from education. those without education may lie more than those with, but those with religionless education are better people than religious ones cause they have less bullshit in their brain and thuse have better judgment in their decision making.
>>
>>73882181
>>73880901
The shitposting Swede strikes again
اجتنب مصاحبة الكذاب فإن اضطررت إليه فلا تُصَدِّقْهُ
>>
>>73882415
> moral universalism
doesn't exist. we make our own morals.

> yet the vast majority of atheists say the opposite
???
>>
>>73882340
>proof? what? you have none? ok.
Do you have proof? You have none? ok. Take a look outside your window. Turn on the television. Kangaroo-brain.
>>
To me religious person is either:
A. Forced to being religious.
B. Not mature enough to tell the difference between good and evil on his own.

This ofcourse excludes islam because it has a third category, People with mental illness.
>>
File: cannotstoptipping.jpg (46 KB, 680x505) Image search: [Google]
cannotstoptipping.jpg
46 KB, 680x505
>>73882088

>The reality is that religious people lie more.
>>
>>73882464
> prove that it's NOT true! checkmate
so simple. I kinda envy you.
>>
>>73882389
>My point is that you don't need to be cucked by a god in order to be a good person.
There are no "good people" in the absence of God. Atheism is incompatible with moral universalism.
>>
>>73882240
Because the theists won't let you live your ''''''carefree''''' life until you believe in their ideas too. Just look at your hand mate, I am sure you're wearing some gem just because your mother said you should. It's the same thing but without any love involved.
>>
>>73882415
Not sure what you are smoking, but it must be some weird shit.
>>
File: img000011.png (518 KB, 1114x1600) Image search: [Google]
img000011.png
518 KB, 1114x1600
>>73882424

>>73882458
moral univarsilim exist- whats good is moral, whats harmfull is evil.
>>
>Christians are forbidden to lie, whereas atheists are not.
Well you got us there OP! Can't argue with that!
shitty bait
>>
>>73882082
>Why would liberty be an absolute good?
Good as in moral, or good as in self beneficial, because they aren't really the same, if you were able to extrapolate meaning from my previous comments, you would kind of get why.

>And why is this bad?

I have explained this. It puts you and the people you love at risk. It makes bad feelings. The Buddhists actually explain this concept very well. I'm not sure about books on the subject, I heard it straight form the mouth of a nice young female monk at a Temple near where I live.

>Define living a "good life"

I did. Something tells me you are looking for anything that might be a flaw in my argument rather than first being charitable and trying to extract meaning.

>Why would you say it's reasonable?

From a christian standpoint, because God essentially gave us a common morality. From an evolutionary standpoint, the advancement of the species was propagated by the concepts I have described.
>>
File: 1461382976932.jpg (12 KB, 205x200) Image search: [Google]
1461382976932.jpg
12 KB, 205x200
I just realized that every atheist thread on here is 100% b8. Even plebbit christfags put on better "discussions" than anything by see here.

Thanks for the "Revelation," swedecuck.
>>
>>73882438
I have seen this swede in other threads, he will soon use muh hockey stats meme
>>
>>73882424
>on what logic you base that?
Read the OP?
>>
>>73882458
>doesn't exist. we make our own morals.
If moral universalism doesn't exist, then neither does right or wrong. Moral relativism is nonsensical.
>>
>>73882473
>Not mature enough to tell the difference between good and evil on his own.
There is no good and evil in the absence of God.
>>
>>73881575
See? You irrational false "christians" would rather attack a true person a faith and deny our faith while completely ignoring Christ's teachings.
You and the Somalian are trash, I'll pray for you both, but you are already hell-bound.
>>
>>73882574
It makes some of us think about our position. The Swede faggot is essentially a sparing partner. Your two cents on my posts and the posts of others would also add to the broth.
>>
>>73882518
How come your morals are absolute when there are contradictory religions?
>>
>>73882473

We can all arbitrarily define good and bad on our own, but just because we may find consensus, doesn't make them any less baseless
>>
File: img000012.png (384 KB, 1114x1600) Image search: [Google]
img000012.png
384 KB, 1114x1600
>>73882424

>>73882581
i red it, it was a rethoric question. read the rest of the post.

>>73882518
good people exist because of education. religion is a form of education, but there are better ones.
>>
>>73882570
>moral univarsilim exist- whats good is moral, whats harmfull is evil.
Good and harmful are subjective and consequently boils down to opinion (i.e. moral relativism). Try again.
>>
>>73882614
> If moral universalism doesn't exist, then neither does right or wrong.

This is true. These things don't "exist". They are social rules we as a society have created and are still working on.
>>
File: img000013.png (367 KB, 1114x1600) Image search: [Google]
img000013.png
367 KB, 1114x1600
>>73882699

>>73882574
it's /pol/ everyone here are either trolls or idiots.
>>
>>73882691
They have a basis, secular morals do not. I never proclaimed that the christian morals are the true ones. That's impossible to know. They do however, have a basis to be true.
>>
File: atheist.jpg (35 KB, 612x456) Image search: [Google]
atheist.jpg
35 KB, 612x456
>>73882519

>Because the theists won't let you live your ''''''carefree''''' life until you believe in their ideas too. Just look at your hand mate, I am sure you're wearing some gem just because your mother said you should. It's the same thing but without any love involved.
>>
>>73882775
> he's right
> I better post fedora memes
>>
>>73882766
>They have a basis, secular morals do not.

Where do you get from that secular morals do not?
>>
>>73879099
Funny that you, the christian, is the one scheming for a reason to lie. It's like you are trying to either convince yourself to be an atheist so that you can lie like you really want to, or are just jealous of the strawman you have created.

This is the problem with you fuckers. Your supposed moral high ground is really just thinly-veiled hatred.
>>
>>73882711
>This is true. These things don't "exist". They are social rules we as a society have created and are still working on.
And that's why atheism is ultimate degenerate. You can rationalize anything. Pedophilia, incest, bestiality, necrophilia, transgenderism, the list goes on. Thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>73882519
I am not.
Second I understand parents forcing their religion on their kids. They have spent their whole life believing it is the true path to a better after life and they want us to have it too. I am not saying you should embrace it for their sake but you can always lie about embracing it too your parents than trying to destroy something they have believed in for decades.
>>
>>73882640
I tried to use terminology so you could understand.

Most people with morals don't need labeling to know how to behave. For others there is religion. I am not saying religion is bad, it is deffinitely needed because many people just don't know how to react to the world arround us and need a helping hand that will guide them through life.
>>
>>73882578
I know man, Sven needs to do something while Abdul is fucking his wife
>>
File: img000014.png (467 KB, 1114x1600) Image search: [Google]
img000014.png
467 KB, 1114x1600
>>73882741

>>73882707
good and harmfull are NOT subjective. if i cut of your hand, would you be harmed? if i give you noturious food would it be good for you? sure there are conditions- helping bad people is evil, not good for example- but after you know all the facts good and evil are OBJECTIVE and morals are about what good to the SOCIATY, SPECIES and WORLD.
>>
>>73882820
>Where do you get from that secular morals do not?
Who's the moral authority? Humans? What human? Morals become subjective, not objective, and that results in moral relativism, not universalism.

>inb4 muh biology, empathy
No. The problem with this argument is that it begets the question: Whose "biology" are we talking about? People seem to have different concepts of what is wrong and what isn't. Who is right? What society? Not to mention that it's irrational and quite frankly intellectually dishonest to assume that there is an ultimate standard of right and wrong that supersedes mere fanciful "ideas" about what is right and wrong at a given time in our ethical evolution.
>>
>>73882831
>Pedophilia, incest,
Quote scripture damning those two. I have my bible, while already memorized, open and ready for you.
Fake-ass "christian".
>>
Atheists are the best goys desu. They always bring up the Holocaust when arguing
>>
File: 1462822754387.jpg (28 KB, 390x310) Image search: [Google]
1462822754387.jpg
28 KB, 390x310
>>73882351
>I am not the idiot, YOU are
> You were too dumb to understand what I was saying,
>rather than asking questions, you act like a smug cunt, and make a fool of yourself.

>I'm not going to hold a grudge, but if you would like you stop being a fucking waste and actually contribute to the discussion hat I have so readily invested my time into, that would be great, and all would be forgiven, you colossal faggot.

Woah calm down honey, if you let the stress affect you in that way you'll look like your grandma in one week
>>
File: img000015.png (593 KB, 1114x1600) Image search: [Google]
img000015.png
593 KB, 1114x1600
>>73882896

>>73883001
i lold
>>
File: fedora.jpg (195 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
195 KB, 640x480
>>73882818

>he's right
>I better post fedora memes
>>
>>73882572

I'll ask you again: Why is liberty an absolute good?

>It puts you and the people you love at risk.
>It makes bad feelings.

Why are these bad?

>>Define living a "good life"

>I did. Something tells me you are looking for anything that might be a flaw in my argument rather than first being charitable and trying to extract meaning.

Not really. Do it again then please

>From an evolutionary standpoint, the advancement of the species was propagated by the concepts I have described.

What do you mean by "advancement", and why is it good?
>>
File: PatheticNorway.gif (2 MB, 300x182) Image search: [Google]
PatheticNorway.gif
2 MB, 300x182
>>73882880
>>73882578
>>
>>73883062
It's true though
>professor Goldberg said God was not re! His family was in the Holocaust!
>>
>>73882831
> You can rationalize anything. Pedophilia, incest, bestiality, necrophilia, transgenderism, the list goes on.
It depends on what your goal as a society is. If you ask most atheists how they think a society should be structured, most would agree on focusing on the health, happiness and well being of as many people as possible.

From this simple premise you can justify banning pedophilia (which the bible doesn't oppose?). Incest can cause mutated offspring, again, not good for society or the individual born. transgenderism doesn't harm others, its just an individual being weird. they are allowed to do that.

Well being, health and happiness are things that all humans strive to increase. It's a result of evolution. This is why our rules in society are usually oppose stealing and raping etc.

We don't need a sky fairy to tell us these things.
>>
File: img000016.png (487 KB, 1114x1600) Image search: [Google]
img000016.png
487 KB, 1114x1600
>>73883062
>>
>>73882931
>and that results in moral relativism, not universalism.

But your morals are just as relative as theirs, considering that you were willing to accept the morals of other contradictory religions just two posts ago?

Most people have their moral framework because for them it's the best one. Them chosing it makes it universal, since they judge other moral frameworks from that perspective.

Just like you do with yours - you just outsourced the "authority" part to some third party, but nothing stops seculars from doing the same, and like you showed two posts prior, you'd accept that. So what exactly is the issue?
>>
>>73882896
>good and harmfull are NOT subjective. if i cut of your hand, would you be harmed?
Sure they are. It's good for the one cutting off the hand (since he'll be more attractive to females, and he will have a better chances of scoring jobs, surviving, etc), but bad for the guy getting his hand cut off.
>>
>>73883112
kek
>>
>>73882673

>I'll pray for you

>>Apostasy and suicide is your best bet

Pray that you can stop suggesting people kill themselves :^)
>>
>>73883018
I expected stupid, but I didn't expect a dribbling troll.
>>
>>73882974
>Quote scripture damning those two.
The Bible advocate sexual intercourse if the girl is of age. Pedophilia refers to prepubescent children, hence it's not pedophilia to have sex with a person that is sexually mature.

Read the story of job and his daughters. Incest is frowned upon. It's immoral.
>>
>I dont understand how people could act morally without the fear of punishment
>>
Stop these stupid fights. We are the human species. We are the ones who created the Gods and we are also the ones who decided that we don't need them anymore. We are better than this.
>>
>>73882931

Our current inability to find the "truth" doesn't mean it's not out there. I completely believe that there are universal moral values and I'm doing my best to find out what they are and follow them. We're an evolving species and morality is another thing that evolves with us. Drawing the line with "god" and proclaiming that we "know" the truth is ignorant as fuck and shows just how naive you are to get your moral values served on a silver platter by backward savages.
>>
File: Based Google.png (465 KB, 1315x980) Image search: [Google]
Based Google.png
465 KB, 1315x980
>>73883112
Google image search gave me this
>>
>>73883361

>What are laws and imprisonment
>>
File: img000017.png (2 MB, 2228x1600) Image search: [Google]
img000017.png
2 MB, 2228x1600
>>73883196

>>73883216
read the rest of the post you troll. after all said and done, if you know all the facts and conditions, you would know if something is helpfull or harmfull. subjective is not about conditions, subjective is about view point, and universal morals exist and are objective by definition.
>>
>>73883351
>The Bible advocate sexual intercourse if the girl is of age.
but doesn't condemn baby rape

> Read the story of job and his daughters.
I have

> Incest is frowned upon. It's immoral.
Where? not in the bible thats for sure.
>>
File: 12317203971.jpg (156 KB, 625x421) Image search: [Google]
12317203971.jpg
156 KB, 625x421
>>73883182
>which the bible doesn't oppose?
Yeah it does. Read >>73883351
>Incest can cause mutated offspring
First of all, that's only after several generations of inbreeding. Second of all, what is protection? What is abortion? See how easily you can rationalize it?
>sky fairy
Why don't you go worship your pool-of-mud ancestor? You know, the one that got struck to lightning and CAME TO LIFE, PRAISE THE HEAVENS! That's even more ridiculous than a "sky daddy". Who sent the thunder? Zeus? I think you've watched too much Disney's Hercules.
>>
File: img000018.png (784 KB, 1114x1600) Image search: [Google]
img000018.png
784 KB, 1114x1600
>>73883465
/dump

find the rest yourself :)
>>
>>73883112
You have to use an example from a reality show that's literally called "gay army" to show a weak Norwegian? The show specifically chose the most effeminate homosexuals and put them in traditional masculine roles in order to ridicule them.

But hey, I guess a Swede can't tell the difference between a fag and an average citizen.
>>
File: tips.jpg (39 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
tips.jpg
39 KB, 479x720
>>73883367

>Stop these stupid fights. We are the human species. We are the ones who created the Gods and we are also the ones who decided that we don't need them anymore. We are better than this.
>>
>>73883397
Yeah, because a norwegian faked the gif to make it look like a swede. That's how pathetic you are. You have nothing against Sweden so you have to fake shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkt1vAX0MRM

Proof that he is norwegian. Now fuck off.
>>
>>73883547
>I guess a Swede can't tell the difference between a fag and an average citizen.
There's no difference. There's a reason norwegians are stereotyped as homosexual.
>>
>>73883527
> Second of all, what is protection? What is abortion? See how easily you can rationalize it?
If kids are gonna fuck, what are you gonna do to stop them? It's iffy and all, but what are you gonna do to stop it? ALso that post doesn't prove that the bible opposes pedophilia or incest, he just says that it does and cites nothing.

> You know, the one that got struck to lightning and CAME TO LIFE, PRAISE THE HEAVENS!
That's not what happened.

> Who sent the thunder? Zeus?
More likely than yahweh
>>
File: fishing.jpg (61 KB, 355x599) Image search: [Google]
fishing.jpg
61 KB, 355x599
>>73883563
the avarage arguments against atheism- greentext and image macros involving fedoras.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160513-152748.png (390 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160513-152748.png
390 KB, 1440x2560
>>73883112
>Using a Danish TV show called gay army as an argument
Week shitpost Sven
>>
>>73883527
>You know, the one that got struck to lightning and CAME TO LIFE

Strawman aside, you do know that you can get organic compounds from inorganic molecules in a natural environment, right?
>>
>>73883467
>but doesn't condemn baby rape
Are you really this stupid? What do you think "The Bible advocate sexual intercourse if the girl is of age." means? Holy shit...

>I have
Then you would know the answer to this question:
>Where? not in the bible thats for sure.
>>
>>73883648
>There's no difference.
Well, at least you admit it.

>There's a reason norwegians are stereotyped as homosexual.
Are you just making up shit as you go along? Everyone knows that Swedes are considered the gayest people in Europe.
>>
>>73883465
>subjective is not about conditions, subjective is about view point,
Exactly. It's good from one viewpoint, harmful from other. It's subjective.
> and universal morals exist and are objective by definition.
I agree. God.
>>
>>73883732

Based letter to the editor
>>
>>73883085
>I'll ask you again: Why is liberty an absolute good?

Because it results in mutual property which guarantees and individual freedom.

>Why are these bad?

Because everyone hates them. Everyone hates feeling bad. People that don't are obviously not feeling bad, or getting a kick of of feeling bad, hence making it good. Things that feel bad are bad, things that feel good are good. If you want to learn more about this, do some digging and look into Buddhism. It is easily the most developed philosophical source on the topic.

>Not really. Do it again then please
One that allows you to feel good. If it would make others feel bad, then you are compromising yourself, and should be excluded from that system in order to protect the abject perfection. That's where we get law from.

>What do you mean by "advancement", and why is it good?

Look, you really need to pull your own weight. I was explain why it makes sense from an evolutionary prospective, not declaring it good from that angle. You are being incredibly cuntish by putting all of the weight on me, to not on correct your bumbling misunderstandings, but also to be the only one introducing ideas and thoughts. I am the only one being charitable here, pull your weight.

And by advancement, I mean propagation of the species. Are you not familiar with evolution?

>>73883112
That gif is literally involving a Swedish man, dumbass.
>>
>>73883768
> "The Bible advocate sexual intercourse if the girl is of age."
Yes it advocates that. But it doesn't condemn sex with kids. Anywhere.
????
Are you stupid?

>I have
>Then you would know the answer to this question:

Waiting for that killer bible quote that shuts down my argument.
>>
>>73875157
I like atheists so long as they attack Christians

Kuffar fighting Kuffar is good :D

-Muslim
>>
>>73883742
He's a norwegian. Did you even look at the video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkt1vAX0MRM

One of them is speaking norwegian (the gayfag), one is speaking danish (not him).
>>
File: DEzsn.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
DEzsn.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>>73883845
>Yes it advocates that. But it doesn't condemn sex with kids. Anywhere.
>>
>>73883824
no, objective morals is about whats good for humanity. the belief in god is only good to make stupid people fall in line.
>>
>>73883648
Gay army a tv show that took the weakest and most beta male they could find to make comedy.
>because a norwegian faked the gif to make it look like a swede
Sweden yes is a meme used by people all over the world my black friend ;)

But Sweden has never been good at shitposting anyway, leave it to the Aussies

>>73883587
>There's a reason norwegians are stereotyped as homosexual.
That's the Swedes, and in some cases Scandinavia as a whole
>>
>>73883970
STATEMENT: I advocate not killing white people.

That means I condemn violence against blacks right?
>>
File: fedora_sword.jpg (176 KB, 664x1203) Image search: [Google]
fedora_sword.jpg
176 KB, 664x1203
>>73883732

>the avarage arguments against atheism- greentext and image macros involving fedoras.
>>
>>73883991
>objective morals is about whats good for humanity
That's subjective. Some people think legalizing homosexuality is good for humanity, others don't. In the absence of God, morality is subjective and relative, no way around it.
>>
>>73884051
Well I hope you don't mix the wrong fabrics in your clothes then.
>>
File: norwaywtf.jpg (64 KB, 359x375) Image search: [Google]
norwaywtf.jpg
64 KB, 359x375
>>73884010
>Sweden yes is a meme used by people all over the world my black friend ;)
Only on /pol/, and only because you people are jealous that we're still the whitest country on the planet. Stay mad, Abdul.

>That's the Swedes, and in some cases Scandinavia as a whole
No, it's the norwegians.
>>
>>73883898
>A TV show created for comedy
Good argument Sven, try harder next time okay?
>>
>>73884111
>A TV show created for comedy
Of course. It's funny as fuck to watch you pathetic norwegians. Pure comedy.
>>
>>73875157
Waiter, this pasta is stale
>>
>>73884109
>Whitest country on the planet

Cute.

If the bait wasn't obvious before...
>>
>>73884051
it isn't subjective. some people think one way or the other BUT thinking != knowing. logic CAN prove one way or the other, even if it hasn't yet.
>>
>>73884109
The bodybuilder pic, nice can you please show le hockey argument too?

>we're still the whitest country on the planet.
You do know that Celts and slavs are white?
>>
>>73884240
See pic-related in >>73880901
Weren't you one of the aussies big on science and reason? :)))
>>
>>73884303
no that was me.
>>
File: 1462675462823.gif (1 MB, 295x255) Image search: [Google]
1462675462823.gif
1 MB, 295x255
>>73884282
>You do know that Celts and slavs are white?
>>
File: 7VWkxxU.jpg (42 KB, 400x542) Image search: [Google]
7VWkxxU.jpg
42 KB, 400x542
>>73884217
>Sweden calling others pathetic
Total gold.
>>
File: Disgaea_Laharl2.png (22 KB, 120x120) Image search: [Google]
Disgaea_Laharl2.png
22 KB, 120x120
>>73884032
>>
>>73884245
it isn't subjective. It is. Let's use another analogy than your "cutting of hands."

Say rape is legal in a country (which it basically is, in certain ones). If a woman gets raped (i.e. against sex against her will) that can be considered hurtful to her, but good for the rapist (since he gets sexual gratification and gets to secure his procreation). See how it's relative? There is no moral universalism in the absence of God. There simply isn't.
>>
>>73883839

>>I'll ask you again: Why is liberty an absolute good?

>Because it results in mutual property

Define mutual property then tell me why is that (an absolute) good

>>Why are these bad?

>Because everyone hates them. Everyone hates feeling bad.

Sounds like an argumentum ad populum

>People that don't are obviously not feeling bad, or getting a kick of of feeling bad, hence making it good.

Sounds like you're stretching the definition but ok, I'll ask you this then: What "kick" would I get if I throw myself on a grenade which would kill someone I care about?

Am I enjoying every moment of the dread of dying? Would it really feel that good?

>One that allows you to feel good. If it would make others feel bad, then you are compromising yourself, and should be excluded from that system in order to protect the abject perfection. That's where we get law from.

Just out of curiosity. Why should your feelings be as important as mine? I can't see why there should be an equality of feelings to be honest

>Look, you really need to pull your own weight. I was explain why it makes sense from an evolutionary prospective, not declaring it good from that angle. You are being incredibly cuntish by putting all of the weight on me, to not on correct your bumbling misunderstandings, but also to be the only one introducing ideas and thoughts. I am the only one being charitable here, pull your weight.

Suck it up

>And by advancement, I mean propagation of the species. Are you not familiar with evolution?

Why should the species be propagated. Why would that be a moral imperative?
>>
File: 2398572135.jpg (427 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
2398572135.jpg
427 KB, 1400x1400
>>73875157
>christians don't lie

religion is literally the BIGGEST lie in all of humanity you fucking hypocrites
>>
>>73884303
We are, if you could cite the source of the graph, that would be mighty scientific of you.
>>
File: 12321312513.jpg (3 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
12321312513.jpg
3 MB, 3648x2736
>>73884388
>Sweden calling others pathetic
>>
>>73884469

Hypocrites? Christians actually believe what they're saying
>>
File: katana.jpg (128 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
katana.jpg
128 KB, 900x675
>>73884469

>religion is literally the BIGGEST lie in all of humanity you fucking hypocrites
>>
File: stupid_american.jpg (88 KB, 648x631) Image search: [Google]
stupid_american.jpg
88 KB, 648x631
>>73884469
>religion is literally the BIGGEST lie in all of humanity you fucking hypocrites
Nice reading comprehension, stupid american. I never said they don't lie.
>>
File: Fedora.jpg (32 KB, 466x382) Image search: [Google]
Fedora.jpg
32 KB, 466x382
>>73884417
>>
File: Swedes.jpg (46 KB, 739x52) Image search: [Google]
Swedes.jpg
46 KB, 739x52
>>73884109
Oh, that's Magnus Samuelsson, isn't it?
>>
>>73884539
so if you believe in something it automatically becomes true? thanks for the tip senpai
>>
>>73884051
Morality's subjective even with god, Mohammed. Just because a magical sky daddy says something, presuming he exists, doesn't mean it's true.
>>
>>73884480
The source is cited? Do you need glasses?
>>
>>73875157
This is typical silly non-think from theists that shows true stupidity every time this gets brought up.

You have to lie in your explanation to get your still invalid outcome.
>"the average atheistis the person who sees no problem lying..."

What a silly thing to lie about, and it instantly ruins your whole argument even before you get to finish. Its sad to see such dishonesty come from someone on a moral high horse, all youve managed to do here is prove you are dishonest. Also, religion relies on the advancement of the sciences, understand your god agreed to barbaric things and to deny that is to deny your bible and your god altogether....and proves you lie. Stop being dishonest.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 87

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.