[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats it been like since legalization and all?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (22 KB, 825x550) Image search: [Google]
image.png
22 KB, 825x550
Whats it been like since legalization and all?
>>
>>73871226
Cuckorado. Always a bunch of minorities wearing hoodies and smoking weed at my college.
>>
>>73871226
I went there after 10 years of being away, Everything changed form being pretty cool and laid back, to a bunch of degenerates sleeping on the streets, smoking weed shooting dope, it had its problems before but it just seemed way worse after the crap was legalized, Boulder used to be pretty cool, now just another scum infested shit hole.
>>
not originally from colorado, but its a fucking bizarro world to me. defense contractors everywhere, society that only socializes while they're at work, insular the rest of the time, housing is expensive even though the majority of it is crap.... but the concentration of defense contractors, military installations, and legal weed was fucking mind boggling
>>
>>73871226
Out of state trash blew in....thankfully they're flocking to established cities and leaving the small towns as they were
>>
File: 1462260795884.jpg (160 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1462260795884.jpg
160 KB, 500x375
>>73871226
I was born and raised here. It fucking sucks how much New York and Californian trash swarmed here.

There used to be no traffic and nothing was ever crowded. Now there's land developers everywhere. All the close hiking and 4X4 trails are backed up with retards that don't know what they're doing. And downtown is full of homeless trash. Not the old veteran type of homeless, but useless 20-30 year olds who are homeless because they want to smoke all day and not work.

Fuck this legalized weed. I used to be proud of my home state.
>>
Less action control (similar to mind control)
>>
>>73871226

high
>>
What I'm gathering
>my state used to be a backwater!
>oh shit why is everyone coming here now?
>oh noes there are buildings and improvements
>where did all these companies come from?
>look at those degenerates all the way over there... Smoking weed and... Smoking weed
Coloradans confirmed for faggots.
>>
>>73871633
i find it weird that the national center for cybersecurity intelligence is being built on my college campus

http://www.statetechmagazine.com/article/2016/04/colorado-aspires-establish-national-cybersecurity-intelligence-center
otherwise this >>73871633, >>73871861

in terms of weed, i feel fucking spoiled though knowing people can go to jail for having a gram on them in some states or countries.
>>
>>73875602

nah, it's more complicated

colorado was not a backwater. it's a cool state

they were the first to legalize weed, after all

mountains, clean water, etc.

legalizing weed did mean incomers from out of state, largely liberals.

they mostly go to denver and boulder tho, so idgaf

those cities legalized recreational

smart cities like colorado springs did not (within city limits). we get legal weed (nearby) without having to deal with a huge influx of lefty retards
>>
>>73871226
Bad
>>
I'm from Boulder, lived there from the time I was born 'til 23. In terms of youth culture things haven't really changed - still a bunch of annoying hippies. Two things that noticably have changed: tons of "munchy" stores have opened. Some of them are nice - there's a place called "Just Bundt Cakes", which does exactly that.
The most noticeable change is in the marijuana - before legalization all the weed I had in Boulder was pathetically weak. I'd go on trips to places like France and get super high, then go back to Boulder and the weed did next to nothing. After legalization the weed is absurdly powerful. Everytime I'm couchlocked, one time I even vomited it was so strong. One type even made me hallucinate sparks. It's honestly so strong that it made me pretty much stop smoking weed - being that absurdly high isn't much fun for me.
>>
>>73875763
ive never seen more hobos asking for money at intersections than i do nowadays. atleast on the eastern side, there are alot of beggars.

also driving here is fucking terrifying. i dont trust any driver on the road. seems like every few weeks i see some heavy crash.
>>
>>73871298
Wow, you must go to a really shitty college, because I know CU Boulder, DU, CSU, Colorado College, and Mines aren't like that. Which leads me to believe you must go to some shit tier school that's not even worth going to.
>>
>>73876065
That's some cute anecdotal evidence you got there, unfortunately it's wrong

https://www.codot.gov/library/traffic/safety-crash-data/fatal-crash-data-city-county

No major changes, although a slight increase in 2015, it's still down from 2002. Unless Colorado began to depopulate...

Also http://www.vox.com/2016/5/11/11656582/colorado-marijuana-arrests-race
Seems Iike only black kids get the violent urges from smoking the whacky.

Honestly, shut the fuck up. You are a victim of confirmation bias, you want to see problems so you do see problems.

Just accept that without weed your shitty, boring mountain state would still be a backwater.
>>
>>73876065
driving wise, it's similar to a military town in denver. it's the minorities in older escalades you have to worry about
>>
So with all this influx of new people, I'm wondering what they are doing about housing? Fascinating situation. Are there new apartment complexes being built, or what? What happened to prices and availability? What about the roads--traffic city now?

I can't imagine you take a city and start having rapid population increase, what would happen to the infrastructure and job and housing markets?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.