[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Global voting for american elections
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9
File: 2016-election.jpg (909 KB, 2115x1453) Image search: [Google]
2016-election.jpg
909 KB, 2115x1453
My theory is that since American elections are so crucial to global politics, everybody in the world should be able to vote in them.

Non-american votes would be averaged out and only apply for exactly 50% of the total vote count, so Americans would still have most of the power in any of their elections.

This just ensures that they can't go on a redneck sperg and vote in an incompetent sociopath, which they have clearly demonstrated they cannot be trusted not to do.

Yes?
>>
File: berniepacha.png (156 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
berniepacha.png
156 KB, 512x512
>incompetent sociopath

which one are you talking about? there's no wrong answer
>>
BERNIE/2016!
>>
Why don't they just vote? What's the fucking point? None of what's currently happening is any relevant when the "real" voting occurs in November. Why do those fucking Americans always need to supersize everything, even their elections?
>>
Only if we can start calling ourselves an empire and act accordingly.
>>
File: CAmaga.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
CAmaga.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>73856525
>implying foreign hordes of illiterate low IQ shitskins wouldn't vote in an incompetent sociopath
>>
>>73856658
True for literally every election.
>>
>>73856525
I agree, we can't let Crooked Hillary or Crazy Bernie win
>>
>>73856525
>Non-american votes would be averaged out and only apply for exactly 50% of the total vote count, so Americans would still have most of the power in any of their elections.
if Hillary had her way, non-American votes would make up 100% of the vote
>>
>>73856525
Sure, let the foreigners vote for the war mongering cunt who will start more pointless conflicts and spill more blood in the Middle East or by illegal coups all over the world
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
Friendly reminder
>>
>>73856525
youre a fucking idiot
>>
File: IMG_0777.png (29 KB, 250x280) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0777.png
29 KB, 250x280
Thank you globalist, you are our greatest ally
>>
>>73856525
A fucking Leaf
>>
>>73856525
>canada
>>
>>73856525
It should only apply to countries we annex. And even then their entire country only gets one electoral vote.
>>
>>73856525
That's not what any of those words mean.
>>
File: 1458578915366.jpg (37 KB, 461x438) Image search: [Google]
1458578915366.jpg
37 KB, 461x438
>>73856525

No.

I don't tell you what to do in your house, Canadian.
>>
>>73856807
Elections are a media consumption business enterprise. The longer they draw out the process, the more shekels get raked in by the merchant.
>>
>>73856525
Says the guy who's country elected le current year weed man. The brightside of the Fort Mcmurray fires is at least now you'll have places to put more refugees.
>>
>>73856525
You can't pick our leaders, but we should be able to pick everyone else's leaders.. Maybe then you'd have a moose riding hockey player for a president instead of the cum sipping fairy you have now.
>>
>>73856525
How 'bout since America plays such a crucial role in global politics, all world leaders must be confirmed by the U.S. Senate. If the Senate declines the selected leader, the nation in question will have a window in which to present an alternate leader for review. If this or subsequent nominations are not selected America will appoint a leader of our choice.
>>
File: 1458027921764.jpg (60 KB, 429x610) Image search: [Google]
1458027921764.jpg
60 KB, 429x610
>>73856525
>everybody in the world should be able to vote in them
>>
>>73856525
lol American elections are more crucial to Canada than Canadian elections. That's how much Americock you guys have taken.
>>
>>73856525
>non-americans votes get 50%
>american still have most of the power

Remaining 50% is not most of the power

Seeing as how any country with a large army or nuclear arsenal could terrorize the entire world why not make all countries have open elections.
>>
>>73856525
>democracy should be undermined when I don't like the result
>see, this good candidate will be elected with MY 'brand of democracy' that's a good thing! respect my democracy!
That's not how it works and you make absolutely no fucking sense.
>>
>>73856525
>Redneck
You ever notice how enormously racist and classist Leftists become the moment they're talking about people they don't like? It's actually mind-boggling, I've seen it everywhere. It would be like if Republicans casually referred to Democrat voters as niggers.

desu this is the sort of thing that turned me off of the Left. The hypocrisy is just too strong, and they're oblivious to it. Republicans do it too, but there's a self-awareness there that makes it funny instead of cringeworthy.
>>
>>73857349
That's my point. Just do it.
>>
>>73856525
Eat shit and die globalist.
We are a sovereign nation, unlike the rest of the world's states.
>>
>>73856525
>a fucking leaf
Fuck off. We matter because we're better than everyone else.
>>
>>73856525
>a fucking leaf
You don't even make a good hat, why are you suggesting radical schemes like this?
>>
>>73857725
I think a central problem is that the US election system is not democratic to begin with. We have stupid concepts like "winner take all" in states through the electoral college and some primaries. The delegate allocation is also often not proportional. IIRC for example Trump won between 50-70% of the vote in New York yet picked up over 90% of the delegates. A worse example was him winning just shy of 1/3 of the votes in South Carolina and picking up all the delegates.

There are various other institutional problems as well that we've seen throughout this election cycle. What happened in Colorado, Utah and Arizona can at best be described as voter suppression and at worst as rigged. Campaign finance law is also regularly violated and is so loose anyways that we basically have legalized bribery.

Maybe if we didn't have a completely bullshit political system that trivializes the popular vote and regularly disenfranchises people, there would not be so much butthurt about American politics. For example, what incentive does a Republican in California have to vote at all in the general election when the state will always swing blue barring a major political sea change that is highly unlikely? Or a Democrat in Texas?
>>
File: ChtVJ8JWkAATzYj.jpg (52 KB, 600x487) Image search: [Google]
ChtVJ8JWkAATzYj.jpg
52 KB, 600x487
>>73856525
No.
>>
>>73858021
The electoral college is good as long as you force electors to go with the popular vote in that state (some states still don't have laws about that). It helps give smaller states a voice and prevents liberal big cities from ruling everything.
>>
>>73856525

No, U.S belongs to it's citizens and no one else.

Oh wait
>>
File: 1456241483220s.jpg (4 KB, 125x83) Image search: [Google]
1456241483220s.jpg
4 KB, 125x83
Don't worry leaf were coming to annex your ass as soon as god emperor trump is in office we will liberate your lands of the SJWs.
>>
>>73856525

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=absGg6GFJxk
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.