[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which edition of the Bible should I read?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 17
File: Holy Bible.jpg (36 KB, 800x451) Image search: [Google]
Holy Bible.jpg
36 KB, 800x451
I'm obviously familiar with the Bible and I read it numerous times as a child. The last time I read it was prior to high school. Now that I'm finishing up trade school, I'd like to read it again. I'm looking for an accessible text, but not dumbed down. Something like what the Ford Translation is for Mein Kampf.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torah
>>
>>73845344
JOSEPH SMITH HE WAS A PROPHET DUM
DUM DUM DUM
DUM DUM
>>
File: 2textlines.gif (380 KB, 1350x1739) Image search: [Google]
2textlines.gif
380 KB, 1350x1739
>>73845344
KJV
>>
>>73845344
KJV or NKJV
>>
>>73845344
KJV
All other English translations are just millennial trash
>>
File: Bronson I Loved It.webm (751 KB, 880x476) Image search: [Google]
Bronson I Loved It.webm
751 KB, 880x476
>>73845344
English standard version.

its kinda like the King James version only without the "thou" and "cometh", instead it uses modern english.
>>
>>73845344

NKJV. Get the Orthodox Study Bible.
>>
>>73845344
nabre
>>
>>73845902
Ay my nigga
>>
>>73845344
Make sure you buy a copy of Strong's Concordance to help you understand the translations. The words for Gentile and Jew are an interesting study when you find out how they've been mistranslated and misinterpreted.
>>
>>73845855
thou vs ye etc are important though, it's singular vs plural
>>
File: 1459936475863.jpg (35 KB, 445x604) Image search: [Google]
1459936475863.jpg
35 KB, 445x604
>>73845855
>its kinda like the King James version only without the "thou" and "cometh", instead it uses modern english.

It has fewer verses than the King James. So we are not dealing with the same book with a different taste, but are instead dealing with two completely different books altogether.

Things that are different are not the same. One is the Bible, and the other is a book created by people who thought the Bible was broken and needed "fixing."
>>
File: epicfilm.png (80 KB, 194x240) Image search: [Google]
epicfilm.png
80 KB, 194x240
>>73846275
amen
>>
File: Jew Coin.webm (598 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Jew Coin.webm
598 KB, 480x360
>>73846102
Ye olde english is shit, if you ever studied Shakespeare at school you should know what I'm talking about, it's like a half-way different language.

Whatever grammatical advantages it had aren't relevant now that our language has evolved over these last few centuries.
>>
File: Catedral01.jpg (198 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
Catedral01.jpg
198 KB, 750x1000
>>73845344
RSV-CE or ESV if you're protscum.
>>
File: 1404625566411.jpg (102 KB, 818x768) Image search: [Google]
1404625566411.jpg
102 KB, 818x768
>>73846654
http://www.av1611.org/kjv/ESV_Intro.html
>>
>>73845344
Artscroll Tanach is by far the best. Christian bibles belong in the trash.
>>
>>73846740
>has an idol of Jesus
>>
File: 1437731265599.jpg (121 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1437731265599.jpg
121 KB, 429x410
>>73845344
>not reading it in the original Greek and Hebrew
>not even reading it in Latin
>letting casuals read the bible
>>
FUCKING BIBLE SHILLS TAKING OVER THIS BOARD.
>>
File: fedora.jpg (20 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
20 KB, 1280x720
>>73847529
>>>try reddit
>>
File: image_vulgate_close_520.jpg (218 KB, 517x438) Image search: [Google]
image_vulgate_close_520.jpg
218 KB, 517x438
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulgate
>The Vulgate is a late fourth-century Latin translation of the Bible that became, during the 16th century, the Catholic Church's officially promulgated Latin version of the Bible.

The King's James Version is NOT the Bible. You may like to pretend it's the Bible, but it's not. It's something completely different.

THIS is the only thing that is the real Bible. And if you can't be bothered to learn and read the Bible in the original latin, then I guess you don't care very much about your connection with God.

Anyone who says KJV is the best edition is a heretic who will burn in hell. The Vulgate is the ONLY REAL BIBLE.
>>
>>73847455
>implying you have read and understand any of those languages

>implying you have the right to keep God's word and the teachings of Jesus away from HIS children.

You have been mislead.
>>
>>73847529
This. Their desperation for attention is pathetic. And old.
>>
File: art scroll.png (1 MB, 1206x1566) Image search: [Google]
art scroll.png
1 MB, 1206x1566
Stone Edition of the Tanach, or what Christians call the "Old Testament."
>>
File: 1450488149082.jpg (43 KB, 332x396) Image search: [Google]
1450488149082.jpg
43 KB, 332x396
>>73848055
>>
>>73845344
generally kjv closest to textus receptus.. infact they tried to fuck up the transliteration of it. You can study whatever you like, but generally be weary of the newer transliterations like niv and nab etc.. they take a lot of liberties / stray from the original manuscript in an attempt to turn it in to contemporary familiar wording.. but by doing so those transliterations have been shown to be very error producing of understanding if you simply read and not study certain sentances of the transliterations.. the meaning becomes very askew with the newer transliterations.. so be careful.. kjv is a good general fallback, but you have to study the bible and go to the greek and the hebrew.. for correct meanings of certain sentences they will be far more revealing.
>>
>>73845344
The version with the imprimatur is the only one with a seal of QUALITY
>>
>>73848727
*nasb

Understand that they are transliterations not translations.. there are many versions but they all transliterate from the same manuscript..

Be careful of the newer versions of this that are like thought for thought.. who's thoughts.. exactly go to pure source the closer you can get to it the better, yeshua spoke aramaeic and the closer you can get to studying the pure manuscript the better..
>>
Some argue that kjv transliterated to high court english made some things obtuse.. but in general it is ok, though if you seek a specific understanding of a verse.. you should go to the purest source..

For instance.. heaven.. mostly refers to the sky in the bible.. cosmos, and in some instances an etherial realm, but in general the sky, so some argue that in kjv heaven is generally transliterated in all those instances.. this makes it less clear and obstructs the understanding of the trinity.. But again if you want the deeper meaning, go closer to the source.

In general for the formal understanding and initial approach i'd say kjv is not an entirely bad suggestion at all.
>>
Our father which is in heaven is more like our father which is in the sky, cosmos..

Pretty much our sky father..
>>
>>73845483
Book of Mormon isn't a replacement for the Bible dingus, Mormins use KJV.
>>
File: richard_dawkins_book.jpg (21 KB, 278x341) Image search: [Google]
richard_dawkins_book.jpg
21 KB, 278x341
I can't recommend this edition enough, it's the only accurate one.
>>
File: 1455802182211.jpg (46 KB, 780x564) Image search: [Google]
1455802182211.jpg
46 KB, 780x564
>>73850899
>>
>>73850413
which makes more sense when jesus is set to arrive in the clouds with 10.000 angels..

"1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

2 Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.

3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write " blablablabla..

talks about the skybattle that archangel michael had with "satan" (nickname for the fallen guardian cherub)"

"9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.

11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core."

They have a battle in another place in the bible. But here also identifying those of cain as the followers of satan.. can and abel ofcourse very symbolic..

12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

just to make it abundantly clear he's talking about satan and the fallen angels.

"14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him."
>>
Book of Mormon
>>
>>73851002
>too bad richard dawkins was totally decimated by Lennox.
>>
>>73851002

Proof that it's not just the left that uses narratives. I am not a big fan of this right Christian narrative that only fedora autists and SJWs are atheists.
>>
>>73850899
This book is little more than a provocative title attached to a few hundred pages.

He starts out by admitting that one cannot logically disprove the existence of God, nor can one empirically disprove the existence of god. Between deism and atheism, he points out three positions: permanently agnostic in principle (PAP), de facto deist, and de facto atheist. Then, for some reason that I cannot comprehend with my little monkey brain, he goes on railing on PAPs. He never makes any real arguments as to why any other intermediate position is better than the true neutral position - he just calls them names.

The rest of the book is literally a history lesson - which is fine, if that's your thing.

If you're looking for ammo against theists or deists, this book probably doesn't have it for you. If you're interested in a mix of Dawkins' has-been rants and some religious history, then go ahead and get it.
>>
>>73851046
fruits withered, twice dead.. first time eradicating the nephilim during the flood, second time eradicating the nephilim remnant that survived in flood caves in the earth.. and were for instance the sons of anak which made man look like grasshoppers and made man walk through fire (human sacrifice) hence the hebrews are tallied in numbers and in numbers deut joshua they start wiping them out.. to pave the way for the messiah to come.. and make a covenant with the hebrews to pave the way for this.

hence.. trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked by the root.
>>
>>73845519
Thank you brother
>>
and those who still follow them are said to follow the prince of the power of the air who's will/spirit is in the children of disobedience.

Where they are the ultimate power of the air.. and satan was a "prince of the power of the air" a regional commander. Annointed guardian cherub adorned with gems and precious things.. fell because of his pride, became known in islam as allah.. the most proud one..
>>
allah a powerful being of the el's was cast into a containment.. a prison..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJSBvwCM6mk

The hajj is a dance around the cube.. the cube symbolizes his prison.. the same reason the hebrews were punished with circumcision because of a sexual ritual towards him.. called weeping for tammuz..

"allah" lead a rebellion against the high gods and was crushed in a battle with arch angel michael.. and cast out of heaven.

He is symbolized by a star meteorite that is fallen from the sky.. that sits now at the corner of the kaaba.. in mecca..
>>
circumcision curbs sexual pleasure.
>>
File: migrations.jpg (47 KB, 500x295) Image search: [Google]
migrations.jpg
47 KB, 500x295
>>73845344
To understand the bible, you need to know who it is about. Here is some starter material to go along with your KJV and Strong's Concordance. Bertrand Comparet's lectures are especially good. Jesus only came for the lost sheep of the house of Israel, and the Europeans heard his voice. That was not an accident. The Northwest European people and their dispersion around the globe fulfill the promises given to Israel in the old testament. The Jews did not hear his voice, because they are imposters and of their father the devil. Think about the old testament a bit. Are the Jews of today great warriors, fishermen, artists, builders, farmers and ranchers? No! They are bankers, whom Jesus detested, and the Pharisees who didn't know God, but only knew their soulless rituals. They promote filth all over as it is in their nature. Good luck in your reading, brother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL6IU1cu17c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtTtcQMUq8Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FXlqFPHAaU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu3Vdu2ZIsQ

http://www.christianidentityministries.com/home.html
http://israelitewatchmen.com/archive/reference/
http://israelite-identity-archive.blogspot.com/2014/11/the-marks-of-israel-by-jack-mohr.html
http://israelite-identity-archive.blogspot.com/2011/09/historic-proof-of-israels-migrations.html
>>
none
>>
>>73845344
none of them. they have tried to edit some passages in recent years in almost all versions by many publishers

changes might seem small but change a lot of the meaning

jews being set free by egypt instead of fleeing after god unleashes a few plagues is a example. why would the pharaoh send soldiers after then that end up dying in the red sea if he let them go?

its just 1 example. its to late to get into the bible
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.