[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on raising the min wage?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 13
File: Dog with Pizza Replacement.jpg (70 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Dog with Pizza Replacement.jpg
70 KB, 500x375
Thoughts on raising the min wage?
>>
>>73791579
fucking stupid
>>
>>73791579

Good job on your pizza deliveries anon! Together we will make america bark again
>>
Bad

Raise it now, it'll go for 5 years, and they'll want another raise, it never ends.

Also it's just bad for the economy. Doesn't change GDP that much but greatly reduces jobs and has the potential to increase consumer prices, erasing the raise altogether anyway
>>
Is he trained not to lick the pizza?
>>
Giving jobs away to india and china wont do any good for the local workers, so no its a bad idea
>>
A good idea. Minimum wage is too low in America for our massive prosperity and productivity.
>>
>>73791579
Index it to inflation and be done with it. Since liberals constantly lie about inflation, in time, it'll be almost as good as not having a minimum wage at all.
>>
>>73791782
Adults shouldn't take minimum wage jobs and expect to make a living. Those jobs are for entry level employees and teenagers.
>>
>>73791782
Productivity is linked to ten holiday advancements, not worker productivity. A dishwasher doesn't deserve a pay increase bc the automatic dishwasher washes more dishes than he could do by hand
>>
>>73792254
Ten holiday = technology
>>
>>73792148
How out of touch with reality are you? I live in one of the richest states in this whole country and I know many adults who work for below proposed minimum wage raises.

Ironically your opinion is that of a teenager who doesn't live and work in the real world.
>>
>>73792254
I say they do and that's how we did things for America's greatest years.
>>
$15/hour is ridiculously high. I currently make $15/hour as a civil CAD drafter, why should someone flipping burgers make as much as I do. Now everyone who makes above minimum and now make minimum are going to want a raise proportional to the minimum wage. Small businesses aren't going to survive
>>
>>73791579

I really don't get it.

Also where did they come up with this magical number from?
Did they do extensive cost of living research or any research at all? It seems like they all just pulled 15$ out of their ass.

Their only argument is just muh 15 bucks and that is it.
>>
Awww... so cute.

So much better than the smelly turkling that delivers my pizza.

When will Germany get pizza delivery dogs too?
>>
>raise minimum wage
>human labour more expensive
>companies forced to invest in automation to reduce costs
>new machine era begins
its like you faggots can't see the big picture and only think about muhh mom n pops pizzerie!
>>
>>73791579
i'd keep the dog, and split the pizza with him.
>>
I make $5 dollars an hour after they take out taxes and the union robs me. I don't get any respect at this job, and I try to be there as little as possible. If someone told me a self checkout machine took my job tomorrow I would probably develop a fetish for self checkout machines.
>>
>>73792457
>unironically sucking robot cock
Fuck off you oil-boiling species traitor.
If you aren't waiting to treat those silicoons like the second class filth they are then you are anti-human.
No doubt those gigaboos will get uppity and demand rights one day and then what are you going to do when they out vote your ass into slavery?
If you associate with robots then you are no better than the filthy gear-chuckers themselves.
>>
File: 1462645530959.webm (3 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1462645530959.webm
3 MB, 720x480
>>73791579
>implying the dog won't just eat the pizza and shit on your lawn
>>
>>73792306
He's either a troll or comfortable middle class out of touch. A very special kind of out of touch.

Most of the rich know they are privileged. Most of the poor know they are screwed. The comfy middle is the one that thinks everyone is doing just fine, so let's give everybody free stuff.

Normie middle is fairly in touch with reality though. Comfy middle is way the fuck out of touch in a way that is only exceeded by the Lucky to Be Rich, thus stupid as fuck class of society. (e.g. I met a lady at a gas station who was asking me which of the fuels were unleaded because she needed to fill up her husband's Maserati.)
>>
Should be done regionally, tacked to inflation.
>>
>>73792414
>I currently make $15/hour as a civil CAD drafter
You may as well be a burger flipper

>ohh I draw shape, I so valuable

No wonder pajeet is more important than you.
>>
>>73792807
I grew up the son of millionaires and I still see this obvious reality. There is no excuse for being that retarded.
>>
File: 1459005627905.jpg (52 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1459005627905.jpg
52 KB, 640x480
>>73792701
> silicoons
> uppity gigaboos
> gear-chuckers
>>
>>73791782
unfortunately employees shun away from employing people if it costs them too much. another thing to consider is that the pay is about supply and demand, the low pay suggests there are too many low skilled people, and it shouldn't be encouraged.
>>
>>73792701
underrated
>>
>>73792735
Its like a clown car for basset hounds.
>>
>>73792306
>out of touch with reality

I'm a 30 year old business owner. Make something yourself instead of standing around at Target expecting to make a decent living.
>>
>>73792373
Nobody cares what you say bc what you say is objectively wrong.
>>
>>73791579
I would love to have dogs deliver pizza but they would likely eat it
>>
>>73793598
>I'm a 30 year old business owner

Okay, teenager on 4chan who has no idea what the real world is like.
>>
>>73792887
I design topographical maps and plan sewage lines so the shit that you take doesn't end up back on your bathroom floor. I make sure water mains are properly valved and contained so your shitty house doesn't flood and I assign fire hydrants so when that same shitty house catches on fire, the fire departments hose can reach it.
>>
>>73791579
I honestly don't give a shit about anything anymore. Just let them fucking have it. None of this God damn fucking bull shit means anything anyways.
>>
>>73793627
What I just told you is verifiably true.
>>
>>73793926
Nobody cares what you say bc you're verifiably Jew.
>>
>>73794031
I thought middle schools don't get out until June?
>>
I rather we get basic income t b h
>>
>>73793598
Heh, good one kid. Wish I could go back in time to business owner school. If everyone owned their own business, who would work for you
>>
>>73793871
I've yet to see one bit of coherent argument to my point that minimum wage is not intended for you to live on.

If you could make a living as a bag boy at a supermarket, what do you suppose the ramifications of that would be?
>>
>>73794331
There will always be people like yourself who don't think they should make something of themselves. That's why you're an employee.

These are often the type of people who expect to make a living wage doing something a moderately trained chimpanzee can do.
>>
>>73794386
>minimum wage is not intended for you to live on

No shit, that's why it's too low.

>If you could make a living as a bag boy at a supermarket, what do you suppose the ramifications of that would be?

People would still want to make more money. Anon, they do this in other countries and it works fine, in the US it has historically been higher than it is now even when adjusted for inflation. Not to mention that cost of living used to be lower.
>>
>>73794165
I thought Synagogues don't get out until Jewn.
>>
>>73794654
So rather than advancing yourself, you advocate for a class of unskilled workers to afford housing and accoutrements doing work I can hire a 16 year old to do? Not to mention the fact that a large jump in the minimum wage would effectively knock out lots of jobs from small businesses and beyond, much like manditory insurance coverage has done via Obama's health care plan. I mean, we have all the adecdotal evidence we need to understand how that would play out.

But my point is, you can make something of yourself and make a living wage by making intelligent decisions regarding your employment, rather than doing the bare minimum and expecting to afford to live off of it. Do you think people in the 1970s, 80s, and 90s didn't run into the same issue if they attempted to scrape buy delivering pizzas? But leave it to the entitlement generation to push for making twice the pay for doing next to nothing.
>>
File: basic income reason to work.jpg (37 KB, 655x473) Image search: [Google]
basic income reason to work.jpg
37 KB, 655x473
>>73791579
We should replace the min wage with basic income.
>>
>>73791896

If they do that, then politicians will lose a platform to run on.
>>
>>73791579

that'll be 3 bones + treats
>>
File: image.png (128 KB, 1160x420) Image search: [Google]
image.png
128 KB, 1160x420
>>
>>73791579
Higher minimum wage = Higher prices
> Libtards don't know this
>>
>>73791579
bad m'kay
I like being employed.
t.works to jobs to support his household
>>
>>73795847
>>73796445
Honestly that's all that really needs to be said about this. Being paid more won't magically mean that bottom-rung jobs will allow you to afford to live as if you didn't flip burgers for a living.
>>
>>73792701
No you don't understand, we want them to be second class citizens, we just want them to exist first. Raise wages, get automation, and then have robots serve everyone.
>>
File: 1458700387997.png (970 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1458700387997.png
970 KB, 1920x1080
>>73791579
>>73791691
Kek, it's like barney vs the God Emperor. Which do you want in office?
>>
>>73795847
so why can't we have a minimum wage that scales with how much a company makes?

Companies like mcdonalds and forever 21 can definitely afford to pay more the 7 dollars an hour to their employees, but they don't because of greed. They get away with a low minimum wage and profit greatly because of it because of small companies that couldnt afford a higher minimum wage.

I think there should be no minimum wage then once you start to make more money you have to pay more for minimum wage.

I used to work for forever 21 for minimum wage and I can't tell you the work you did is worth more then minimum wage. I know the ceo for that company probably wipes his ass with 100's while taking advantage of college kids like me.
>>
>>73797240
>so why can't we have a minimum wage that scales with how much a company makes?

Because employees don't pay for raw materials, licenses, insurance, rent, advertising, prototyping and wages.
>>
>>73795652
>implying living wage will be enough to not work and prices will go down instead of up

live some more, anon
>>
>>73797364
technically they do because you aren't making any money with out employees. Employees are just as valuable as all that stuff you mentioned because you can't run a business with out them.
>>
File: 1454596423458.jpg (36 KB, 612x479) Image search: [Google]
1454596423458.jpg
36 KB, 612x479
>>73797570

>technically they do
saying something doesn't make it true
>>
>>73797240
>greed
The company grows the more they profit. Business isn't a hugbox, son. Business is about making money. McDonald's isn't obligated, morally or otherwise, to pay you more for flipping burgers just because they are a huge company. They are a huge company BECAUSE they can profit from cheap, unskilled labor.
>>
>>73791579
We have two choices: raise the minimum wage, or create a maximum wage.

Personally, I'd rather cap off someone's personal earnings at say, $1,000,000 a year. Just hypothetically. If those rich fuckers don't think it is fair they can't stock pile billions of dollars from what equates to literal slave labor, then they'll raise the minimum wage instead.

Either way, this idea of funneling money to the top of the pyramid so the old pathetic baby boomers can die knowing they have billions of dollars while the middle class falls into a welfare state.

There's nothing wrong forcing a business to properly allocate the fruits of everyone's labor. In fact, I'd argue it is inherently wrong that a business can profit on cheap labor. If the business can't survive without paying a decent wage, then it shouldn't be expanding yet.

We have some many nasty shitty, inflated businesses on life support just riding out their cheap labor to the end of the line, while the economy tanks.

Of course businesses are failing, the average American is so broke and distrustful they're done buying garbage from companies paying shit wages and moving jobs overseas.
>>
>>73791691
http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1462978955534.webm
>>
>>73798039
>paying someone for a job
>it's not enough so it's "literally slave labor"
>there should be a cap on how much money you can EARN
>if you're rich you're an asshole
>it's wrong that business can profit from cheap labor
>someone is forcing you to work for them

Did you hit every branch when you fell off the liberal tree or what
>>
>>73797384
I want my NEETbux even though I have a job. Don't crush my dream.
>>
>>73798039
this is the worst post ive seen on 4chan
>>
>>73791763
He alternates between licking his anus and the pizza. Hope that's not a problem for you anon
>>
>>73798230
We have fake money created by debt, and it isn't those CEO's going into debt. It's the woman who goes in to the hospital for the flu, and gets antibiotics until she has cancer. Or the kid who gets accepted into college with a 90 IQ and was never even capable of completing a degree.

Then, those peope are supposed to pay these huge amounts of debt with jobs that don't exist, or want to pay you $7 an hour.

We used to create debt with housing loans, but the inflation on property (yay, greedy baby boomers) means most people now don't even consider home ownership a feasible possibility.

Their greed has destroyed the economy.
>>
>>73798039
a max earning will mean nobody will have an interest for a business that exceeds the $1 mil mark. It also doesn't differentiate between exploitive businesses and those that add value to everyone.
>>
>>73792735
That made me happy
>>
>>73798816
Yes it does, because only a psychopath thinks he needs billions in his pockets while his employees are on food stamps.
>>
>>73798913
you'll still get people that don't bother to improve their business and instead just exploit people and send them on foodstamps to reach the $1,000,000 goal.
>>
File: 1433894749501.gif (2 MB, 330x270) Image search: [Google]
1433894749501.gif
2 MB, 330x270
Bad. You want something that pays more then don't apply to the damn job.
>>
>>73795847

>what, I can't use slave labor to make me money? WELL FUCK THIS THEN.
>>
>>73799130
>paying someone for a job that they do of their own free will for an agreed-upon hourly wage
>SLAVE LABOR

You bernouts are absolutely retarded.
>>
>>73799130
No body forced you to apply for your shitty minimum wage job.
>>
>>73797384
Right now if you cut all current welfare spending and used that money to start up a Basic Income, everyone would get slightly higher than the current minimum wage. That's without any tax increases or spending cuts to other things.

That is more than enough for bare subsistence, and the idea is that unlike traditional welfare systems there is zero barrier for people to go out and work if they wish to get additional income.
>>
>>73791579
$15 is too high, but it ahould be raised.
>>
>>73799051
How? Those billions that would be in his pocket have to go somewhere else. They're forced to expand their business, or reward their employees. This sitting on old money until you die mentality is childish and represents the dying elite class perfectly. They'd cripple their own economy and destroy their own businesses and nations, hoping to have funneled enough wealth to keep their family lineage out of the dirty general population.
>>
>>73799698
>Right now if you cut all current welfare spending and used that money to start up a Basic Income, everyone would get slightly higher than the current minimum wage.

but if you stop assisting those that work there will be less efforts to work, which would likely result in inflation with lack of products?
>>
File: 1459708793427.jpg (309 KB, 584x450) Image search: [Google]
1459708793427.jpg
309 KB, 584x450
minimum wage is not a living wage.
it is least you can legally be paid, let that sink in.
people over 21 should not be working at a job that pays the minimum, if you are, you are a cuckaroo.
>>
>>73792457
They already started that a while ago
>>
>>73792735
I was like "Okay there's 3 in there, a fourth is going to come out"
then they just kept fucking coming
>>
>>73799871
We are already there, my friend. America doesn't like to show it is weak to the world, but there are many Americans who have adopted welfare because why the fuck not? Free money versus flipping burgers for 8 hours a day?

You need real jobs to make people want to work. And America has been destroying those jobs systematically for the last few decades.
>>
>>73799752
there might never be the business that puts billions in his pockets if there was no benefit for it. He may stop at about one million and keep it there, without treating the employees well
>>
>>73791579

Either raise it and tie it to inflation or get the government out of the pushing more people into the labor market business.
>>
>>73799871
It would be replacing the current welfare system, which entirely discourages people from working at all. Since if you do, you lose all your free money. A Basic Income system at least would not punish people for wanting to be productive, on top of being more efficient and getting substantially more money into the hands of people.
>>
File: 1461030797175.jpg (31 KB, 385x286) Image search: [Google]
1461030797175.jpg
31 KB, 385x286
>7bones
>Plus treat
>>
File: 1413420169520.jpg (27 KB, 331x424) Image search: [Google]
1413420169520.jpg
27 KB, 331x424
>>73792829
>admits minimum wage destroys jobs
>still wants to do it
>>
>>73800181
free money for no work is always a problem. isn't a lot of the welfare spending on things like tax cuts for those who do work, though?
>>
>>73798913
Wal-Mart
>>
>>73791579
How can you actually get hired on minimum wage?

Like you have to be extremely fucking stupid to get hired on minimum wage, my first job was $11/hr and I just got out of high school.

If you're on minimum wage you're just an idiot for accepting a job with minimum wage.
>>
>>73798201
DELETE THIS
>>
>>73800815

Depends where you are in the country. I got 10 an hour at a bank while still in high school.
>>
>>73800680
If you take every penny the CEO of Wal-Mart makes every year and gave it to every other worker, each worker would get about an extra $25 per year.
>>
File: 1460064359754.png (200 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1460064359754.png
200 KB, 2000x1333
>>73800999
>I we just take [x] amount from person [y]

Yeah, and you know what that is? Theft.
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.