[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nothing worth doing is easy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: 565.jpg (269 KB, 1440x959) Image search: [Google]
565.jpg
269 KB, 1440x959
Ok faggots, check this out-
Nearly everyone in the US has a computer, or has access to a computer, and internet access.
Ready to change things up?
What if there was a means for everyone to create legislation, pass laws, etc.?

What i'm talking about is an online voting system on the local, state and federal level, accessible by everyone.
Create a program that individuals can register on, which outlines voting issues in your town, your state, and nationally. Each area has it's own bank of servers. People can propose and vote on legislation,etc. directly. This in turn compels representatives to act on the popular vote based upon the will of the people, and not lobbyists, etc.
Examples:
Local -
>propose/vote to have a traffic light installed at a dangerous intersection in your town.

State -
>propose/vote on budget allocations, school policies, state business laws

National -
>presidential elections, immigration policies, defense spending,

There are many possibilities to this, and of course pitfalls.But this could possibly create a nation of the people.
>>
>>73782466
Imposing yourself on others is fucked up to begin with. If you want to voluntarily subject yourself to the whims of others, go ahead. Leave other people out of it.
>>
>>73782466
Jews won't allow it.
>>
>>73782566
what are you talking about?
>>
>>73782466
direct democracy is terrible because 95% of people are retarded, and this wouldnt work anyway because someone would just manipulate the data
>>
And put how much power in the hands of whoever writes the questions?
>>
>>73782683
Majority rule. People voting and thinking that legitimizes them forcing their ideals on others is fucked up.
>>
>>73782610

There is a reason though.

The "people" are uninformed. Or the vast majority of it. Democracy fails once it's citizens fail. And an uninformed citizen is one that has failed.
What I'm trying to say is that people are stupid and can not be trusted with issues which they do not understand. They don't even bother to look then up. Shit, ask them directly WHAT the issues are and they will fail to bring them up.

If you let the ignorant majority take control of the ship's wheel, you will eventually find yourself at the bottom of the sea.
>>
>>73782694

This exactly.

People are not ready to rule themselves (at least not yet).

I wish they let the ones that could leave though.
>>
>>73783041
Upside:
People learn/involve themselves more in government workings, and engage others in dialogue about issues
Downside:
People don't learn/involve themselves, and vote arbitrarily on anything
This could start on a local level, and expand as people's involvement and knowledge grew (i'm being optimistic here)
and of course there are security issues with servers etc.
>>
>>73782466
We could call it the Allthing! and elect CEO Gladstone to be our glorious leader!
>>
>>73783404

You know, now that you mention the local level maybe it could work. Or at least train the majority.

It should start on a local level, as most local issues are already identified and recognized by the populace. They are familiar with them as they live with them on a daily basis (obviously the bigger the city the more issues there are but I guess those could be divided by districts, and funds divided by populace density?).

Once we see that people can indeed be trained to not only recognize their local issues but find fixes for the as well I think then it could be taken to higher firms of government, meaning bigger more complicated issues.

Now I'm curious, I wish this was tried in a city.
>>
File: lurcher.jpg (69 KB, 600x429) Image search: [Google]
lurcher.jpg
69 KB, 600x429
>>73782466
>an online voting system
I don't know much about how you vote in USA.
We recently had elections for local council and Police and Crime Commissioners. And we have a referendum soon to decide if we wish to stay in the EU or leave.
The process is simple. Get on the electoral register, (you need a permanent address), receive a voting card (which is just notification), go to the polling station, state your name and address, get given a piece of paper with the names of the candidates, put a cross next to your choice, fold it up and put in a black metal box.

There is an option to vote by post, for members of the armed forces serving overseas, people who are ill, and ex-patriots living abroad. Our system is open to abuse, of course. But voting online is rife with potential abuse.

My polling station is at the local church. My vote is private (there are little booths) - I just place my cross, fold up my ballot paper and stick it in the locked box. Then it gets counted.
>>
>>73783955
My experience is, most burgers are lazy and uneducated about their government.Most of us have left even the most basic issues in the hands of politicians, unfortunately.
However, many of us are on the internet, and understand navigating websites.
So if a website was created locally where people could post legislative issues as well as vote on previously posted or already existing issues, it may inspire the public to become more involved in how their town operates, and their local, etc. government works.
>>
>>73783404
will a persons vote affect another persons life in any way?
>>
Are you suggesting to give more power to citizens? Be careful that the progressive and tolerant left doesn't make you "disappear" one day.
>>
>>73782903
Get over it. I ate bacon for toast for breakfast. I forced my will on the pig and the wheat. I'll extract the best from them, incorporate it into my person, and shit out the rest.

This is life. This is how it works.
>>
>>73782466

Stakeholders would pay people to influence the vote, not to mention 90% of people would never even get involved. Direct Democracy would fail even harder than Representative Democracy.
>>
>>73785519
Moral law applies to human relations.
The fires of judgment are inescapable - you'd best repent before the reckoning.
>>
>>73782466

>hahahahaha wait you actualy think that democracy is real ?
>>
>>73785213
I think any vote would affect someone else's life if it carries through into some form of ordinance.
I think it would be more beneficial if we had the ability to compel our legislators to act on issues rather than special interest groups and the like.
The individual could propose an issue locally and if it gains traction, it becomes a reality. If people don't like it, it dies on the vine.

It inspires advocacy on a ground level, and dialogue as a community. It could be argued however, that if a person doesn't register to vote on said issues, that they are being disenfranchised by technology.
>>
/g/ here. You all faggots learn how to fucking crossboard quote. Also kys
>>
File: 1463057344351.jpg (14 KB, 238x192) Image search: [Google]
1463057344351.jpg
14 KB, 238x192
>>73782466
I honestly believe the average person is way too stupid for this.
>>
>>73786562
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_7fc_D8zPE
>>
File: teesdale.gif (74 KB, 468x261) Image search: [Google]
teesdale.gif
74 KB, 468x261
>>73783955
>most burgers are lazy and uneducated
I know that feel. Most of us bongers are the same.
My eldest child is is eighteen and eligible to vote. In English law, 18 is the the age where one has adult responsibility. She's a canny lass and I've described her right to vote. I will not try to influence her choice. I made sure she's on the electoral roll.

Voting is perhaps a futile exercise. But my grandfathers fought hard for this right and shed blood. And to show apathy is a rejection of everything my family fought for.
It's far from perfect - the system can be rigged.
I will make sure my daughter votes in Brexit. She can vote either way. Voting is secret. And I won't ask her. But God damn, my young lady WILL vote.
My son is only eight and can't vote. My job as a dad is partly to give my kids knowledge and pass on experience. I'm almost fifty years old and have a lot of experience to pass on.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.