[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /middleclass/ here? Who's perpetuating this meme that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Who /middleclass/ here?

Who's perpetuating this meme that the middle class is disappearing?

Myself and all my friends make $40-60k a year, and all of our wives make similar wages. What's stopping the allegedly "growing lower class" from lifting themselves up by the bootstraps and getting the education/experience necessary to get a real job?
>>
There is still good jobs, but just many more people applying to them.

Here are a few things that have made it harder that has absolutely nothing g to do with an individual's ability to get a good job:

Women are now fully integrated in the workforce.

Manufacturing has all but left the country relative to its former importance.

Diversity and racial quotas.

The mass importation of highly skilled foreigners.

Saying to a young white kid that they have it easier or the same as generations above is a laughable statement. Saying pull up your bootstraps when there may literally be nothing you could do given your starting point in life. Millions are facing severely worse lives than the past generations.

We are so keked that people say we should be thankful for having to live like cockroaches relative to our parents.
>>
>>73781412
>muh bootstraps
>he's fucking serious
Why don't poor people just buy more money?
>>
>>73781412

You are working class.

"Middle class" is middle six figures.
>>
>>73784372

Furthermore there is no middle class even if you can define one as "being in the middle of the income scale". There is only people who make money using investment and owning the means of production and people who make money using their labor.
>>
>>73781412
>import tens of millions of spics who either work shitty jobs or leech off welfare
>THE MIDDLE CLASS IS DISAPEARING

thats the way it goes
>>
>>73784479

Thirdly, the reason you see yourself as "middle class" is because you think those other people who make a lot less are "working class".

They are not working class, they are literally the lumpen-proletariat and stuck in the modern equivalent of the poor-house.
>>
File: 1460983201692.jpg (194 KB, 980x1216) Image search: [Google]
1460983201692.jpg
194 KB, 980x1216
>You're not poor; you have a cell phone, food, and a Netflix subscription
>>
>>73781412
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5k-uH3kDOQ
>>
>>73784758

One "unit of money" is 1 (one) billion US$.

If you try to think about money in that sense, of just not thinking about sums of money above 1B$ as being "money" at all, the way you'd not think about units less than 1$, then you understand the realities of the modern economy.
>>
>>73781412
If your wives have to work then you are not middle class.
>>
>>73781412

>Myself and all my friends make $40-60k a year, and all of our wives make similar wages.

That's not middle-class, that puts you squarely in the fourth quintile.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.