[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have any experience with facebook censorship/banning?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
Anyone have any experience with facebook censorship/banning? Just made a post on the ruling political parties page, quickly was voted to the top, getting replies and likes every 5 seconds, ten minutes after they totally stopped. logout and my comment is no longer there
>>
>>73777032

you have complete control of your page. call it censorship if you like, but it isn't.

if i go to your house and plant a sign in your front yard, and you disagree with it, you can "censor" it if you want to.

children. goddamn.
>>
>>73777211
That's bs tho, i didn't make a derogatory comment, i didn't advocate violence or make a threat, i said something about the economy that makes them look like idiots. They then removed my comment, despite being the most popular on the page.

That is censorship.
>>
>>73777398

READ WHAT I POSTED AGAIN YOU SIMPLE-MINDED CHILD.
>>
>>73777032
>Little Wayne quote
>crying censorship on FB
> getting replies and likes like every 5 seconds

Please die.

Worst thing is you're Australian. Ashamed to be me right now
>>
>>73777032
Here's another (you)
Are you feeling better now?
Fag
>>
>>73777032
Are you really that blue pilled you didnt know that FB censors?
dang
>>
>>73777211
Maybe censorship isn't the right word, but they're definitely manipulating the content to give people a false view of reality; it's deceptive.
>>
>>73777450
I understand, but it doesn't make it any less censorship
>>
>>73777451
Meh the lil wayne quote was meant to be ironic
enjoy your censorship with open arms, cuck
>>
Did you screenshot it?
>>
>>73777598
Facebook doesn't give a shit about your free speech, they care about datamining you, your interests, your contact network and pawning it off to the highest bidder. Get out while you still have something to hide.
>>
>>73777556
What?????????????
FB controls content
Stop the presses
How can someone on here be this new?
I wanna hang around for some lels and to admire such a unique creature around here

>legitimately outraged about having a FB comment removed
>>
File: 1459273354454.gif (858 KB, 240x228) Image search: [Google]
1459273354454.gif
858 KB, 240x228
>>73777032
Gay
>>
>>73777665
yes i did
>>
>>73777757
I realise they control content but this was blatant in your face censorship that i had yet to experience
>>
>>73777636
I hate how it's even referred to as a quote. Voice of this generation. Which says a lot about this generation
>>
>>73777598
>I understand, but it doesn't make it any less censorship

one more try, and then i'm outa here.

you have control over your page. that is not censorship. you can post your nonsense on YOUR page and so long as it is legal and does not violate fb terms, NOBODY ELSE CAN "CENSOR" IT.

they have control over their page. post your nonsense somewhere else if they don't allow it on their page.

and try to learn what censorship actually means, for god's sake.

bye.
>>
>>73777032
Are you a leftard?
>>
>>73777864
Write them a letter. Send emails. Start a ground movement and take to the streets. Protest and go on a hunger strike.

Learn how to recognise sarcasm
>>
>>73777873
On topic political discussion isnt nonsense. It is censorship regardless of how you frame it. They are the leading political party in this country, elected by the people, they arent mcdonalds and im not saying big macs are shit.
>>
>>73777939
I'm a centrefag
>>
>>73778016
Hahahahahahaha. This is gold
>>
>>73777873
>The use of state or group power to control freedom of expression or press, such as passing laws to prevent media from being published or propagated.
>or group power
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/censorship
This autistic idea you and others have in your head that censorship can only possibly mean the government doing it and nothing else is really quite bizarre. What else are we meant to call it exactly, motivated editing? I think your confusing complaining about censorship with complaining about your constitutional rights being violated (in an American context obviously). Any sufficiently powerful group can censor you if they have the power to do that but only the government can violate your constitutional rights because the constitution limits the actions of the government and no-one else. Learn the difference you simpletons.
>>
Get in here boys!!!!
Fresh, succulent, innocent meat
>>
>>73777965
The point he is trying to make is that it is indeed censorship, but it's entirely within their legal right to censor you. It's like a moderator deleting your posts on a forum.

Facebook is not a public space, it's privately owned and whatever content you post there is completely at the mercy of them. Get it through your head, you don't have any rights on Facebook. It's not your friendly neighbourhood town square where you can demonstrate and debate political views without surveillance and moderation.
>>
>>73777032
I got my account suspended for debating on leftist groups. I was never a /pol/tard. The ban came only after I had collected several likes from their own crowd. Go figure.
>>
>>73777032
>kekebook
>getting likes & comment
kill yourself
>>
>>73778098
>Censorship is the suppression of speech, public communication or other information which may be considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, politically incorrect or inconvenient as determined by governments, media outlets, authorities or other groups or institutions.[1]
>Governments, private organizations and individuals may engage in censorship. When an individual such as an author or other creator engages in censorship of their own works or speech, it is called self-censorship.
>When an individual such as an author or other creator engages in censorship of their own works or speech, it is called self-censorship.

Holy shit how can people censor themselves if only the government can censor people?

inb4 muh wikipedia, present a better source then faggot, one that actually unequivocally states that censorship is government only, no exceptions. If it's such an obvious commonly accepted fact it shouldn't take you very long at all.
>>
>>73778098
Seriously, what did you expect when coming here and making this thread?
Support? Mutual outrage? Understanding?
Go back to FB mate. You've taken a wrong turn
Le Reddit is that way>>>>>>>
>>
>>73778301
Not the OP (we have IDs now, you could've just checked) just shocked at how fucking retarded the people ITT are, including you.
>>
This bitch doxed my sister, I reported her and Facebook ignored my report. Only experience, my feeling is I wasn't taken seriously either because I'm male or because it didn't happen to me but my sister, who didn't have a Facebook account at the time.
>>
>>73777837
Post it
>>
>being this bluepilled

I can feel your virtuous, righteous, pompous attitude through your words. Would love to meet you IRL. Ask you your thoughts on subjects and hold my sides.
>>
>>73778359
Sorry bud. Multitasking
>>
>>73778359
Still. Kill yourself though. Preaching that "free speech" dribble, you sound like OP
>>
>>73778761
> Preaching that "free speech" dribble
But I wasn't doing that I was just pointing out that other people ITT, including you, were objectively wrong. What happened was censorship, this idea you guys have that censorship means government only exists entirely in your head, and when I point this out you just ignore it because you're too cowardly to admit it.

Absolutely pathetic.
>>
HAVE U CONTACTED THE MEDIA?
POSTYOUR EMAIL, WILL SEND EMAIL ADRESS LIST JOURNALISTS WHO CARE.
>>
>>73778966
And????????
Are you telling me that censorship exist today in the year, wait, damn I forgot. Can you please tell me what the year we are living in is?
>>
>>73777032
Couple of days ago I tried to link an article and Facebook flat out would not allow it. I had to find another article but the wording was different in the piece and I'd've much preferred to have linked the one I tried first. I made a comment to in the post saying I wasn't being allowed to share it. The article of course was about how Facebook suppresses conservative views. It's on gizmodo.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.