[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Farmer hate thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 16
File: download (72).jpg (12 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
download (72).jpg
12 KB, 275x183
"Now I'm just a simple conservative country person. I believe in small government and keeping the Commies out.

"Now give me your taxdollars to subsidise my poor business decisions. Did you know it's hard to grow rice in the desert? You should, because you're paying me to try."
>>
>>73775773
>Farmer hate thread

What is this world coming to?
>>
>>73775773
>flag
>filename
>filesize
>>
>>73775773

Don't by anything that's from a farm then

Have fun
>>
File: 2e8.jpg (67 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
2e8.jpg
67 KB, 680x680
>>73775773

What a group of government subsidized nigger tier leeches. Farmers in Finland are the worst segment of the native population.
>>
>>73776559
Lol, why would anybody bother growing anything on snow?
>>
>>73776112
Or you know, farms that can actually succeed without being propped up
>>
>>73775773
>he doesn't realize that agriculture is literally the most important thing to any nation, and that comparing subsidized farm(ers) to welfare Laquisha is receiving to raise Obama's 5th son is fucking retarded

Not really sure what to say about all that.
>>
>>73776744
That's the exact same logic in Australia but replace "snow" with "sand". But we still gotta pay em
>>
>>73775773
BOYCOTT ALL FARM PRODUCTS NOW

WE REFUSE TO BUY ANYTHING FROM GREEDY FARMERS WHO JUST MAKE A PROFIT ANYWAYS!!!
>>
>>73776837
> Literally the most important thing to any nation
> Needs to be subsidised perpetually
>>
>>73776851
If only they made a profit
>>
>>73775773
>Literally the most important profession ever

I love farmers
>>
File: 1455623009049.jpg (3 KB, 219x239) Image search: [Google]
1455623009049.jpg
3 KB, 219x239
>>73776879
Literally not an argument
>>
another insightful thread made by Australians
>>
>>73776941
That's the point, it's you're own logic
>>
>>73775773
I dislike how farmers are incredibly rude and uncultured, regardless of race and nationality.

They always turn out to be simple minded dregs of society who can't even have a conversation without shoving in your face their ignorance or lack of manners.

They're a bunch of pieces of shit alright
>>
>>73776960
It's how the rest of the world feels when meeting a Mexican
>>
>>73776905
So why can they function like any other business?
>>
>>73777046
>>73776960
KEK
BUILD WALL
U
I
L
D

W
A
L
L
>>
>>73776960
Honestly, I agree with this spic. Farmers here are some of the rudest people here in rural California.
>>
>>73776959
Okay, I'll start over.

Explain to me why it's impossible for a small government to subsidize one of if not the most important things to its country and people?

There's a lot of volatility in agriculture, more so than arguably any other sector. Should the farmers just dude starve lmao if El Nino fucks them in the ass?
>>
>>73776902
>that's the joke

>>73776960
They are sick of people's shit so they become jaded towards others.

Why do you think they became farmers in the first place. Case in point >>73777100

>>73777046
kek
>>
>>73775773
Well fuck you too, i plan to open a farm. Gonna raise some sick ass llama. alos apples and bees.
>>
> They're literally the most important job in the world
> That's why it's impossible to expect them to stay in business without subsidies
>>
File: were6.jpg (47 KB, 618x460) Image search: [Google]
were6.jpg
47 KB, 618x460
This is literally the stupidest thread I've ever seen on 4chorn, and I regularly post on /x/.
>>
i wish we could just nuke anybody who isn't a high IQ numale
>>
>>73775773
Would you prefer starving?
>>
>>73777086
Because the farms belong to the government and the crops to monsanto.

Huge supermarket chains also own a big part.
>>
>>73776960
Maybe having a thankless job does that to a person?
>>
>>73777152
>free market
>free market
>>
>remove subsidies for corn and any other sugar
>instant health benefits
>>
>>73777152

Have you ever taken an economics class?

For example, in the USA, everyone eats faggot ass high fructose corn syrup, and we make fucking gasoline additives out of fucking corn that we grow with regular oil and petrochemicals. Go figure. Worthless fucking flyover state shitheads forcing shit down my throat and through my engine. And my taxes help pay for it. And i have to pay more for my goods too. Fantastic.
>>
>>73777152
It's very simple logic

We subsidise thing if there ISN'T enough demand coming from the market. That's why it needs to be subsidised. If there IS demand, it won't need to be subsidised.

There will not be a drought all over the world at all the time, there will always been some farmer who can provide food in a free market where 7 billion people want to eat. If you choose to open a farm in a less stable region, that's your choice.
>>
>>73775773
... sorry nope farmers are ok do you even get how hard the work is and how little money you get for difficult physical work not to mention that actual stupid people think you have it easy or look down on your work..and you wonder why they are pissy back!? Cmon dude..
>>
If it makes you feel better these subsidies hurt African farmers. Cotton is cheaper to produce there but is not competitive due to subsidies and tarrifs.

Also excess food that is sold there is cheaper than local stuff. Creating the perverse situation where farmers can't produce enough for profit causing the infrastructure of food distribution to be too costly in remote areas causing starvation in outliers.

You guys like that stuff.
>>
>>73777319
It's not mutually exclusive.

>>73777342
That's obviously a case of a state overstepping its bounds. Throwing a few extra bucks to a farmer whose crops decided not to grow, so that he doesn't starve, is not what you described.

>>73777363
What?

You're saying a farmer in Australia will never have to worry about his income because some college kid in SoCal has the munchies?
>>
>These free market niggers honestly think they understand the intricacies and mountain of asterix's that apply to the agricultural sector after taking intro to economics and their tutor told them 'duhh, subsidy = bad'

There's two non-core responsibility (ie; Not Law enforcement or Military) industries that the state has been involved in since the beginning of time and will always be involved in because things naturally collapse back into this current state no matter how much libertarians chimp out over them: Agriculture and Infrastructure.
>>
My grandpa is a farmer, grows mostly peaches and apples. None of which are subsidized crops. He grew up poor as shit and used a GI loan he earned from killing japs in the pacific to buy his land. He's 90 years old and still wakes up at 5 everyday to tend to his orchards. OP is a faggot.
>>
File: 1456987152623.jpg (7 KB, 500x279) Image search: [Google]
1456987152623.jpg
7 KB, 500x279
>>73777942
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills ITT
>>
>>73777652
Why do you care about a farmer in Australia more than any other industry? What entitlement do that have over literally any business
>>
>>73777652

Learn english better. 'Subsidies' are not something you give to a farmer so he doesn't starve.
>>
>>73778179
The fact that farmers' incomes are affected by literally millions more things than the average person in the private sector?

>>73778246
a sum of money granted by the state or a public body to help an industry or business keep the price of a commodity or service low.

>remove subsidies
>forced to raise price
>people aren't hyped about paying 3x as much for meat or poultry
>farmers income plummets

?

Sorry, what am I missing?
>>
>>73778368
Sounds like they shouldn't have taken the risks
>>
File: 985.jpg (46 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
985.jpg
46 KB, 803x688
>>73778398
What risk? Being a farmer?

Yeah dude. Who cares if people stop working in the agriculture industry. That won't affect us.
>>
>>73776812
>farms
>succeeding
>2016

Farms are incredibly unprofitable without a slave labor force. That's how it has always been, and why the govt pays farmers to grow nowadays.
t.Son of a Virginia Farmer
>>
File: 1329041853567.png (103 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1329041853567.png
103 KB, 500x500
The only thing I hate about them is they DRIVE SO FUCKING SLOW AND DONT GIVE A SHIT ON THE HIGHWAY FUCK.
>>
P1: "We need food!"

P2 "I can grow food! Need some help to grow as much as you need with irrigation systems in the dessert because it's the land large enough to be set aside for what you need"

P1: "Fucking scum farmers! Always asking for handouts!"

P2: "Fuck you then, I'll grow exotic crops"

P!: "We need food! Why is everyone growing exotic crops and not basic grains?!"

>>73775773
An Australian that doesn't understand farming. I'm guessing you're a black fella that would rather sell irrigation pipes and eat seeds.
>>
>>73778731
You should vote for Sanders with this level of economic ignorance.

Your market is over saturated, if subsidies are removed some farms will fail, reducing supply. Once supply is reduced the price of food will go up. Then farms will be as profitable as other industries.
>>
>>73776960
>farmers
>rude
If by rude you mean they say what they think, then sure. But in the South we have a different definition of rude than easily offended yanks.
>>73778834
Also fuck these people. At the Very least put hazard lights on. Seriously some people have places to be
>>
>>73778493
You're going around in circles now

see >>73777363
>>
>>73778979
>Peasants making a living, let alone making a profit

It's like you believe this whole representational democracy capitalism shtick
>>
>>73777086

Because unlike other businesses, farms cannot predict success. It is tied to land, so it is far too difficult to change location. It is tied to weather, and sometimes the weather sucks, or disease or pests strike, and there is precious little you can do about it.

Hell, lots of farmland is so laden with pesticides, that the land isn't good for any animal life at all, so it won't sell.

Also, when a nations farms do poorly, it has a drastic effect on the economy. It's in our best interest to at least give farmers enough subsidy to do what they do.

Yes, most of them are high school dropout retards, but it is necessary.
>>
>>73778843
Almost as if there would be a market demand or something
>>
>>73778979
The problem is the price of food imports is so low domestic crops cannot compete. You also forget this is in burgerland, where people eat four meals a day, and grow to the size of the farm equipment. They need their daily genetics.
>>
>>73779153
It's like you're on the verge of a conclusion but decided to climb a tree to see what happens if you'd jump out instead.
>>
huh would have thought op would be from south africa
>>
>>73779150
Lots of businesses are variable. Try not opening a farm in a drought stricken area with pest around.

> Also, when a nations farms do poorly, it has a drastic effect on the economy

As opposed to all the other mandatory goods imported every day?
>>
>>73778731
>American can't into business therefore that's the norm for all farmers

Fuck off
t. A NZ dairy farmer
>>
>>73779282
See
>>73779203
>>
>>73779219
I forgot continental European's don't know what sarcasm is. In your example, there would be a natural demand created if the person wanted for, so people would grow it.
>>
>>73775875

Fuck anybody who hates farmers, seriously.
>>
>>73779203
Imported crops are only cheaper over all because their governments are subsidising them. Some will be cheaper naturally, others won't. If no government subsidised, it would be efficient for all.
>>
>>73779150

Dude, shut the fuck up. Are you this fucking stupid? People have been farming for thousands of years, dipshit. Now we have tractors and pipes. Are you even white?
>>
>>73779377
welfare leech
>>
>>73779377
Exactly. Bunch of numale baby-handed faggots
>>
>>73779371
Grain is inexpensive because it's subsidized.
What does that mean?
Means you can afford your white bread and pies you fucking moron.

t. An Australian that doesn't need to defend themselves by pretending it's sarcasm.
>>
>>73779277

Nobody OPENS farms.

Almost all the farms in the usa at least, are inherited and otherwise run generationally.

The drought came to the farms.
>>
>>73779507
If there is demand for white bread and pies there will be grain grown regardless. It's not my fault you can't run a grain farm and someone else can
>>
>>73775773
Big Agriculture, the guys who mass produce the shit you find in your average grocery store, are big, BIG Democrats, without question. They get subsidies and illegal labor.

Conservative farmers are small, independent guys that grow shit in basically an oversized backyard of their home. No help from the government.
>>
>>73775773
Don't eat, faggot.
>>
>>73779448

Farming for food has always been slave tier work done by serfs or indentured men.

There is no profit in it, unless you are growing cash crops.
>>
>>73777086
Because "why is milk so much more expensive than soda" tier consumers don't appreciate why quality products cost more and demand that they cost less to purchase than it costs to produce.
Hence subsidies to keep the idiots happy.
>>
>>73779577
This guy knows exactly what's up
>>
>>73775773

Australian farmers receive much less subsidies than U.S. farmers, and are policed much tougher on illegal migrants working.

The result?

They are unable to operate at small enough margins to sustain private owned farms.

...And this is why they sell to large Chinese (and to be fair, German and Swiss) conglomerates who can operate with these margins by virtue of owning hundreds of farms and having negotiating leverage with buyers.

So next time you bitch about Muh Chinese takeover, and boast about our extremely low food prices, you know why.
>>
>>73779108
Alright, so sans subsidies you agree that food prices would have to be raised?
>>
>>73779516
So? My great grandpa made horseshoes until there was no market for it, pay me to keep doing it
>>
>>73776812

See my post above.

They succeed by turning from a Corner Store system to a Supermarket Chain system.

And these agricultural industries are purchased by larger foreign interests who can afford to operate them at insanely tight margins.

Enjoy losing your agricultural land to China.
>>
>>73779567
Demand is so high because of prices.
Taxes from purchase offset the subsidies.
You can't really be this inept at economics and start bitching about farmers can you?
Better off complaining about universities.
>>
>>73779592

Can you come up with a cogent argument? If i'm buying my food every day with cash how is it not a cash crop? Do you think farmers just feed themselves?
>>
>>73779591
I just eat buy from Chinese imports because those Commies don't have the same entitlement culture from the government
>>
>>73779607
Thank you! I'm not equolent enough to have put that thought into words
>>
File: thus speaks the talmud.jpg (45 KB, 400x541) Image search: [Google]
thus speaks the talmud.jpg
45 KB, 400x541
>>73775875
Jews. They hold agriculture in disdain because their religion forbids it. They see it as something lowly for the Goyim to do.
>>
>>73777363

There's a constant huge demand.

There is also (in Australia) a fiercely, fiercely competitive retail market which sees supermarket chains selling goods AT A LOSS.

They have to fuck farmers in the ass to do that.

And that's why farmers sell to corporations.

And that's why our country becomes owned and operated by foreign private interests.

If this is cool with you; Fine.

Some of us don't appreciate it though.
>>
>>73779669
Then he went on to do something else.

Farmers don't make enough money, they all go into different fields, what happens?
>>
>>73779733

Their government subsidies and uses tariff manipulation to allow Chinese companies to obtain Australian farms.

Whenever a large Chinese firm flies down to obtain yet another batch of Australian farms, he's accompanied by a fleet of government officials to dictate how this business will be conducted.
>>
>>73775773
Government hate thread, you mean. Farmers are business people and grow what the market demands. If you're buried under corn but the government is subsidizing corn...same thing with milk, here. As well, many farmers are well-educated and know how to maximize every percent of yield out of their land. Get drop-bear'd, you cunt.
>>
>>73779732

It's not a cash crop because profit margins are nonexistent, retard.

Most of what you pay is gasoline and stocking costs on most food.
>>
Agriculture should have a higher status. People like to joke about hillbillies, how they are smelly and dumb and yada yada, and then proceed to eat a dinner consisting entirely of the product of the efforts of said hillbillies. More so than teachers, doctors and engineers, farmers are the true fucking backbone of society. Food isn't made from a Star Trek machine in your local supermarket.
>>
>>73779839

Chinese companies that own the farms apply for specialty visas to fly in dirt cheap Chinese labor to work the properties.

Awesome.

And this is an industry that has ALWAYS been manipulated by the government.

Up until the 70's we disallowed non white workers to enter the country...To maintain living wages for agricultural workers....so we'd have farms to produce food and employment for the population. We've always had to manipulate agricultural industry for it to function.
>>
>>73779906

Here it's;

>Fucking farmers man, we keep bailing them out!

>Supermarkets start selling Eggs, Milk and Bread at a profit, instead of a loss;

>FUCKING PIG CORPORATIONS MAN! GOUGING MY WALLET!
>>
>>73780005
Hadn't considered that.

Still, I would like to keep things domestic tbhbbq
>>
>>73780073
This is the heart of the matter. People want Quality, but still affordable. Quality takes time w/out gene modding, affordable requires govt subsidies so farmers can avoid bankruptcy.
>>
File: WP_20151213_002.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151213_002.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
Being self-sufficient with food production is of course important for any country. However, the subsidy system here in Germany is fucked up beyond belief. Our climate is okay, but really not that great for growing crops, and we don't really have enough space for big scale cattle herds. Therefore it's theoretically much cheaper to buy food from a lot of other countries.

Can't have that dependency, right? And our farmer lobbies are strong in the relevant states, so their trade gets subsidized up the ass. Since subsidies are directly based on the size of your land, the biggest land owners (who are filthy rich anyways, so they wouldn't even need those subsidies) have been buying up property from smaller guys for decades, so that they get more subsidies. The result is a huge overproduction of local food (beef, milk, butter, groceries) which gets destroyed every year because there's no demand, and yet the government keeps blowing money up their buttocks.

The system as it is right now is completely broken.
>>
>>73775773
I hate generally good, honest, and hardeorking people too, op
>>
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-14/malcolm-turnbull-correct-on-farmers-subsidies/5252596

We're doing fine. We have a very productive farming industry that's propped up by loans during hard times rather than outright subsidies. We still manage to feed ourselves, and actually export rice to Asia.
>>
File: check em.jpg (123 KB, 965x780) Image search: [Google]
check em.jpg
123 KB, 965x780
Propping up your national farming is like the right to bear arms.

Sure it might not make sense to many from a short term perspective, but it's all about when shit hits the fan.
>>
File: warcraft-orc-man.jpg (120 KB, 959x735) Image search: [Google]
warcraft-orc-man.jpg
120 KB, 959x735
>>73780380
>hardeorking

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
>>
>>73780219

I probably wouldn't have thought of it if it wasn't happening or about to happen.

They monitor agricultural sectors quite closely here, but industrial sectors like mining have already gotten the green light to import cheap foreign labor "where necessary".

>>73780286

I told an American about how a loaf of bread here costs 75 cents. About 63 cents U.S.

Australians take these prices for granted. They bitch and moan if it gets higher.

These are literal loss leaders. No one is making money on these. The farmers basically work for cost. Which is killing private/local industry obviously.

People here have no idea how obscenely low the prices are compared to the rest of the world, AND STILL COMPLAIN.
>>
File: 1459985162730.jpg (7 KB, 323x241) Image search: [Google]
1459985162730.jpg
7 KB, 323x241
>>73780489
>>
File: 1457291887314.jpg (8 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
1457291887314.jpg
8 KB, 251x201
>>73780489
>>73780632
>mfw I didn't even realize pic related was relevant
>>
>>73780295

Lots of German industries buying Australian farmland.

To purchase agricultural land and operations in Australia, you don't even need to be reviewed by the government unless your proposed purchase/holdings exceeds 230 million U.S.D

Aside from the Germans and Swiss, most of our other agricultural lands are being purchased by the Chinese, Japanese and Koreans who have no ability to be self sufficient at their numbers and consumption rates and who describe Australia as a Pacific "Bread Basket".

This is something we're supposed to be proud of.
>>
>>73780523
It's a sad state. Globalization has ruined domestic agriculture for all but the largest corporate farms. I mean hell we only grow for sustinence anymore
>>
File: 1462921068231.jpg (18 KB, 836x483) Image search: [Google]
1462921068231.jpg
18 KB, 836x483
>>73780523
>have already gotten the green light to import cheap foreign labor "where necessary".

Just something about that has me feeling uneasy. I couldn't explain how in words, but the closest thing I can come up with is that that method seems like it's functioning off of borrowed time.

Off the top of my head it's definitely going to cause unemployment at least in the short term.
>>
>>73780684
What's your point exactly? Because you're just pouring oil into my rage flame. Our farmers get money to keep food production inside national borders and spend that on buying property abroad, yeah this is the brave new world we live in. Fuck this shithole, lets blow it up and restart humanity from scratch.
>>
File: 1463016000221.gif (2 MB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1463016000221.gif
2 MB, 450x450
>>73781013
Fuck this shithole, lets blow it up and restart humanity from scratch.
>>
>>73781136
We had a wall, and we tore it down. So there's that.
>>
File: na31375001.jpg (40 KB, 620x300) Image search: [Google]
na31375001.jpg
40 KB, 620x300
>>73780808

Yes.

Australia is familiar with Cargill. They are doing very well here.

>>73780869

The problem is that you're basically, bit by bit, making large chunks of your population redundant. You're from Egypt. You already know what happens when millions of young men can't get work. Especially when the work still technically exists, but pays less than living costs.

>>73781013

I don't believe it's your "farmers" buying land abroad. It's similar to what happens here;

To keep the system operating they need to turn the farms over to large corporations.

However, to win votes in rural areas, the government has to keep SOME farmers up and running. Hence the subsidies.

Sort of like how up until the last decade or so they would use tariffs and subsidy deals to encourage some companies to maintain a portion of their manufacturing base locally to keep jobs afloat and keep votes coming in.

Germans should be happy. You actually still HAVE a manufacturing base.

Although you now have a million or so unemployed unskilled laborers injected into your economy kek.
>>
>>73781136

Like you can kek egypt.

You're next revolution (next week? next month?) is going to be Syria tier.

And then you'll probably get "liberated" by Israel anyway.
>>
As a Northern Brit I fucking despise farmers. Acres and acres of gorgeous country side but if you set foot on it you get fucking arrested.

Farmers can fuck off.
>>
>>73779607

Milk is 92 cents at Aldi in Northern Illinois where I live. For 7 bucks a week you can have a 2400 calories a day
>>
>>73781794

>tfw milk is 1 dollar AUS a liter here.

>tfw unemployed junkies who collect 250 bucks a week in "disability" payments bitch that the big stores are "starving them to death"
>>
>>73775773
Farmer hate thread? This is a new low.
>>
If the TPP is good for anything it's that it's going to end the shitty quota system for dairy and poultry here. Other than that farmers are mostly on their own.
>>
>>73779773

lol but haven't jews been farming in america forever?
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.