[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you win a debate with a group of people that shirk at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
File: image.png (2 MB, 1481x992) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1481x992
How do you win a debate with a group of people that shirk at the thought of dissenting opinions, /pol/?
>>
There's no point in debating politics with anyone ever.
>>
>>73759888
You don't
>>
>>73759888
You don't. They aren't acting rational and aren't receptive to ideas that contradict your world view. If you can't separate out a single person to talk to in a calm environment you're not gonna convince anyone through debate. Don't get mad if you're surrounded by these folk, just laugh at them. Show them that they're ridiculous.
>>
>>73760084
>>73760034
>>73760024

I was at a bar last week alone because my gf was asleep and I had just gotten off work. I live 2 blocks away. Have a few. Stop caring. Prod at the hipsters surrounding me for one reasonable person. End up leaving while being screamed at for being a cis white privileged bigot. That's literally a quote. Told them to follow me home, and we could straighten it out. Nobody came. I didn't think people actually acted like that irl.
>>
>>73759888
Are you talking about Trump shills or Trump haters? I honestly can't tell.

>>73760024
This. Or anything really for that matter.
>>
>>73760400

I think there's a pretty clear behavioral difference in camps, m8.
>>
>>73760480
>Radicals act different
>/pol/ being self-aware
No to both.
>>
>>73759888
One way is to propose something you think they should agree with, and then show them how their own positions/ideology/candidates will not actually advance X thing.
>>
>>73759888
I've tried countless times and it's pretty much hopeless. No matter how much statistics or facts you throw at them, they won't change their opinion.

>muh feels
>your facts
>>
File: 1436627515014.jpg (11 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1436627515014.jpg
11 KB, 251x242
>>73760618
yeah its the Trump supporters pepper spraying 8 year old children
>>
>>73760867
Wait, what?
>>
>>73760867
>Cherrypicking
>Trump supporters use logic! They're the only ones!
>A billionaire reality tv star is a man of the people who will stop illegal immigration! He said so! And my pick always keeps his campaign promises, unlike literally every single candidate in modern history! I don't think like them! They don't think like this!
You literally just sound like a retarded Bernie shill claiming Trump is a Nazi.
>>
>>73760909
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4BHeaSRJUo
>>
>>73759888
You can't debate with them. They're literally memes. It's a surprise they're not all locked up tbqh.
>>
File: zoz.jpg (46 KB, 970x702) Image search: [Google]
zoz.jpg
46 KB, 970x702
>>73760968
>can't argue with anything but strawmen

yeah you're the redpilled one here m8!
>>
File: 1462562665829.png (99 KB, 550x818) Image search: [Google]
1462562665829.png
99 KB, 550x818
>>73761116
>>
>>73761003
Wtf? Reminds me of this time some bulldike cop tried to kill a spider with pepper spray as like 80 of us are watching the county's 4th fireworks show. Buddy's mom actually went to the ER.
>>
File: weebs.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
weebs.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>73761175
>rant against arguments I never made
>not a strawman

pull up another webcomic response you fucking nerd lmfao, I bet you keep that in your "epic burns" folder
>>
File: 1462246548600.jpg (62 KB, 664x836) Image search: [Google]
1462246548600.jpg
62 KB, 664x836
>>73761175

>when all you do is strawman and shitloads of different people call you out on it so you have a meme image saved

lol fuck off to reddit you might win an argument over there bud
>>
File: 1452120263125.jpg (90 KB, 600x588) Image search: [Google]
1452120263125.jpg
90 KB, 600x588
>>73760968
>If you're rich or famous, you can't possibly want something that helps your country.
>This candidate is really different, except he's just like all the others!
>You ever notice how Trump supporters don't like things? They're just like Bernie's people! Bernie's people don't like some things either!

Retard with low-tier bait. Show me a modern candidate that said globalism was evil.

Also,
>candidates before Trump didn't keep their promises
>So you should vote for someone else whose promises you don't even want them to do!
>>
>>73761247
>>73761309
>>73761377
>When you don't actually know what the term "strawman" means, but you bitch when someone calls you out on it anyway.
>>
>>73761377
>>If you're rich or famous, you can't possibly want something that helps your country.
And by the way. You can't. The rich are eternal nation-wreckers. They will ALWAYS choose profit over the country. Every time. The fact that you dumb Trump shills don't know this proves how you're exactly like the stupid liberals you try to make fun of.

Fucking horseshoe theory. How does it work?
>>
>>73759888
dont bother. people have been waking up for a while. every day a new batch of people realizes that the liberals are self destructive

just let them sperg out and talk of fake definitions to words . watch as they defend rapist and laugh as they prove themselves to be as willfully ignorant as any human can be
>>
>>73761433

fine dude, i'll explain it to you like you're five years old

>A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not advanced by that opponent.

first assertion

>>73760867

>yeah its the Trump supporters pepper spraying 8 year old children

to argue against that, one should supply evidence which at least refutes the claim, and ideally proves the opposite

the response

>>73760968

>>Cherrypicking
>>Trump supporters use logic! They're the only ones!
>>A billionaire reality tv star is a man of the people who will stop illegal immigration! He said so! And my pick always keeps his campaign promises, unlike literally every single candidate in modern history! I don't think like them! They don't think like this!
>You literally just sound like a retarded Bernie shill claiming Trump is a Nazi.

notice how the response provided no evidence, and established arguments that the first party did not make

now please explain to me how that isn't the absolute definition of a strawman.
>>
>>73761501
>The rich are eternal nation-wreckers
>>>/leftypol/, you stupid fucking faggot. And take your retarded reddit horseshoe garbage with you.

>argued against things no one said
>ur a fag
>U-UHHHH P-POST TH-THE EMERGENCY WEBCOMIC

Try again. Go ahead and tell me who we should vote for, cuck. I can't wait to be enlightened by you.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.