[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do Shia Muslims seem to be the more "intellectual"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: zsIvTbT.jpg (166 KB, 960x800) Image search: [Google]
zsIvTbT.jpg
166 KB, 960x800
Why do Shia Muslims seem to be the more "intellectual" and philosophical Muslims compared to Sunni Muslims?

At least I have that impression. I was just visiting a right-wing German discussion boards where they linked to a Shia Muslim site in German - where they talked about economy, interviewed professors, foreign policy, etc. etc.

But these Sunni Muslims mostly seem to talk about the length of their beards and the length of their pants while completely ignoring all political, philosophical issues.
>>
>>73758015
It has less to do with the fact that they are Shia and more to do with the fact that they are generally Persian.
>>
>>73758015

>Why do Shia Muslims seem to be the more "intellectual" and philosophical Muslims compared to Sunni Muslims?

They don't. They're both scum.

The only good muslims are Sufists. Who are killed on sight by the others for not being scum.
>>
Theyre both scheist and i expect the burdened volk to know this well.
>>
>>73758227
This. I'm an iranian, it is a cultural differenfe between regions rather than anything to do with shia vs sunni. Even our hardliners recognise evolution as scientific fact and are big on the sciences and figuring out what the west has done right and wrong. For example there are clergy that are for freer markets and capitalism.

>>73758228

Wrong. First of all Shia ideology is totally different and in many senses shares more with Christianity. Swap Jesus with Hussein and theres the same narrative about someone being killed unjustly and he died so we can live the life we have today. Sufis have a lot of respect in the islamic world except maybe from the Wahhabi Saudis but I'm not sure. Sufism had a lot of impact in iran.
>>
>>73758621
>Sufis have a lot of respect in the islamic world... Sufism had a lot of impact in iran.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/stephen-schwartz/iran-continues-crackdown-on-sufis_b_3181642.html

http://www.weeklystandard.com/iran-steps-up-threats-to-sufis/article/751298

http://newint.org/blog/2012/10/23/sufis-targeted-by-islamic-fundamentalists/

Okay, lad. Only a thoroughly poisonous religion could make fanatics out of sufists.
>>
they're all shitskins, death to muslims
>>
>>73758882
Propaganda. The iranian government doesn't officially recognise the difference between sects. There is no classifications on who is shia and if this mosque is sunni or anything, it's not how the iranian islamic government works at all. They crackdown on people for being anti-government, not because they aren't shia. The only religion actively persecuted are the Baha'i. Sufi islam is just listed as regular old islam in iran. Sufi music is everywhere as well as their chants and meditations etc. the most famous wrestling school in the country still has their Sufi practises blended in from centuries ago. Lately the government is starting to get hostile with Wahhabism but this will be the first time they've acknowledged the difference between sects.

The reason is that the shia institution has been trying to settled the schism. This would be the 4th attempt in 1400 years.
>>
>>73758971
Shitskins kicking burger butts since 79

Persian Empire when?
>>
>>73758228
W O A H

E X C E P T I O N A L L Y R A R E
>>
File: image.png (409 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
image.png
409 KB, 960x540
>intellectual muslims
>>
>>73759251
>propaganda

top fucking kek

says the man who claims to hail from the country that ranks 169 out of 180 countries measured by the Press Freedom Index

Everything you see and hear in Iran is government approved propaganda, the last time real reporting attempted to take root was the Green Revolution, and we all know how that turned out

There may be tolerant attitudes amongst the people of Iran in general, but that's not reflected by the Theocratic government
>>
>>73759982
I'm no fan of Iran but they're pretty much public enemy #1 when it comes to the west, I wouldn't trust anything the media has to say about them either.
>>
>>73760153

This.

And this is especially true for the "green revolution" or all other kinds of "revolutions" that Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama tried to sell as an uprising of "the people" ... although it rather seemed as if there were just some disco sluts, big city druggies and the cuckolds of wallstreet being used to destroy these countries from within.
>>
File: papers.jpg (467 KB, 1400x865) Image search: [Google]
papers.jpg
467 KB, 1400x865
>>73758621
>Even our hardliners recognise evolution as scientific fact and are big on the sciences
seems legit
>>
It's because the Shia have smaller dicks so have to compensate in other areas.
Source: Am largedicked
>>
Is this sarcasm? Iran slightly under russia. Science and all education is important in iran regardless of whether religious or not. Once iran catches up to other developed countries it will contribute more equally
>>
>>73759982
I'm not the iranian state media reporting to you dumbass american retard. at least Iranians know they're fed bullshit. Americans actually eat up all the bullshit fed to them because their state propaganda is more advanced than ours
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.