[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions on Buddhism?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 612siddhartha.png (76 KB, 300x402) Image search: [Google]
612siddhartha.png
76 KB, 300x402
I've recently had a terrible existential crisis, death anxiety and nihilistic thoughts. I'm only 20 and I'm really struggling with the concept of mortality. Has anyone experienced the same? I've heard that people in western societies are very detached from death, keep themselves distracted and in denial. I think it's too late for me to go back to denial, would buddhism help me?

Btw I'm an atheist.
>>
>>73751315
It's a good philosophy. Stoicism is better and more practical though. See:
http://philosophybasics.com/branch_stoicism.html
>>
You can be an atheist and Buddhist at the same time, cuck.
>>
>>73751315
almost undoubtedly it would help you. Start meditating.
>>
If you're afraid of death then Buddhism isn't for you. Nirvana is the ultimate extinguishment unless you decide to become a Bodhisattva, at which point you're stuck trying to help enlighten humanity, however long that takes.
>>
>>73751315
It doesn't end well
>>
>>73751315
try reading the Tao te Ching, instead
>>
It's cool if it's genuine. It's lame if it's being used as a meme religion by hipsters.
>>
>>73751315
I like Confucian philosophy more.
>>
>>73751939
It's just to stop feeling very strong dysphoria and intrusive thoughts about death, which makes everything seem meaningless and I lose all motivation.
>>
Bits & pieces of different eastern philosophy along with stoicism have really helped improve my life. I was an Atheist for my whole life up until about a year of nearly daily meditation.

Buddhism is a philosophy more than a religion. That moment of what would likely be enlightenment is some really crazy shit
>>
>>73752115
everything is meaningless.. but that doesn't mean you have to lose motivation
and death is inevitable.. so fretting about it is foolish
>>
>>73751315
>Norwegian
Race traitor. Become a pagan instead.
>>
>>73751315
Look into vipassana meditation. It helped(s) me out a lot, anon. Just be patient and remember the path to enlightenment isn't supposed to be easy or obvious.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.