[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who are you anon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: 8687546546535.jpg (183 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
8687546546535.jpg
183 KB, 1280x800
Post your job and/or your degree/s /pol/
>>
>>73728798
R A R E
A
R
E
>>
i'm ted cruz i;m a lawyer
>>
>>73728798
I work for the American Cancer Society as a tech project management consultant.

I have a bachelor in computer science, and business analysis from Notre Dame.

I do okay.
>>
Oil mining in Alberta
makes breddy good coin
>>
web/graphic designer, with a degree in design that literally none of my employers have ever asked or cared about once.
Still, I regret nothing and id do it again.
>>
>>73728798

About to graduate with a chemistry major/biology minor bachelors.

Life's looking pretty good.
>>
Accountant, Non-profit / Union audits
>>
Web app developer
High school degree
>>
>>73728798
Job:Zodiac Killer
Degree: JD
>>
Currently studying second year of general medicine at Charles University.
>>
>>73728798
Janitor in a refugee shelter.
Degree in janitoring.
>>
I'm a failure
>>
File: 7386836487232.jpg (16 KB, 552x414) Image search: [Google]
7386836487232.jpg
16 KB, 552x414
>>73729731

hmmmmm
>>
like all brazillians born in this accursed land
>>
Data miner for the NSA

I go on subvertive websites and get people to partake in IQ tests, answer questions about where they live and what jobs they have. Sometimes I even ask like 15 questions at a time since I'm too lazy to feign subtlety.

Never ceases to amaze me how I can post datamining threads every day using the same format and you idiots never catch on.
>>
Is a political sci degree worth it? From a top 100 school
>>
>>73729975
well at least i'm not schizophrenic
>>
Chemistry Technician
Basically it's an entry level position for people without graduate degrees.
Have a BS Chemistry, currently going to school part time to get an MS Chemistry.
>>
File: CeRqMSdUEAA1Ar1.jpg (117 KB, 1024x713) Image search: [Google]
CeRqMSdUEAA1Ar1.jpg
117 KB, 1024x713
>>73729573
nice one Japan.

Majoring in IT
High School Diploma
Hopefully Trump can get rid of this H1-B bullshit, I don't need want my job outsourced to poo's in the loo.
>>
>>73729975

gg
>>
>>73730108

Top 20. Top 100 if you are able to get a 4.0 + internship + exchange program BEFORE graduation. <100 don't do it.
>>
>>73730108
I wouldn't borrow more than $10k a year to attend. Realize that when you first graduate, you will be taking entry level positions that don't pay as well as others do. You may be struggling to pay huge loan payments. Look for scholarships/grants.
>>
Computer Engineering, will graduate next year. Attending a public uni because full-tuition scholarship
>>
>>73728798
>that different level of melatonin density

Thanks for this new fetish
>>
>>73728798
I majored in Gender studies and marxism and dabbled in some black history
>>
Studying a degree in economics and law and I'm currently working as a bartender
>>
>>73730108
>top 100
I'd recommend a trade rather than going into debt for a worthless degree
>>
I'm currently enlisting in the Canadian Forces for infantry service. I feel like they would frown on the fact that I'm on /pol/ so...
>>
>>73728798
Nobody. No job. No education. No future. My only hope is in Christ Jesus and that is only a recent change that came on me like a whirlwind.
>>
>>73729146
Is oil biz a trade
>>
>>73728798
Payroll Accountant
>>
psychologist and statistician

PHD

I also do consulting like evaluating nonprofits for meeting their goals
>>
Attorney. Criminal defense/civil litigation. 1 year in.
>>
File: 1455597961189.jpg (673 KB, 1600x1224) Image search: [Google]
1455597961189.jpg
673 KB, 1600x1224
Currently working in a bindery to save up money, plan on becoming an RCMP officer asap.
>>
Right now, I clean up after concerts (not a bad gig for $20/hr while I'm in school). Finishing up my Neuroscience degree, and hope to do research, hopefully within the private sector. There's too much bullshit to deal with in academia, and the pay is generally worse.

I just have to make sure I do some amazing research as I finish up my Masters and PhD so I can hopefully get a job within the private sector. Shit, even getting a non-adjunct professorship is pretty hard now a days in academia.
>>
>>73734929
learn everything you can about pharmaceuticals
>>
>>73734561
What was your undergrad degree? Any recommendations for undergrad in general? Have to declare major before next quarter, attorney is endgame
>>
>>73735019
That's actually the direction I want to go into. My chemistry background is really weak though, and the 2 semesters of Biochemistry kicked the shit out of me (I took the Biochemistry for Chem majors instead of the truncated version for the pre-med students.)

But if that doesn't work out, I'd love to do research using optogenetics, and learn to specifically target neurons to excite or inhibit, and control things in a more direct way. Pharaceuticals are great, but with optogenetics, you can directly target neurons, instead of worrying about factors such as getting the drug across the BBB or if your drug is binding too specifically, or not specifically enough to it's target.

Optogenetics of course has it's own problems, and I'm sure people are less willing to undergo gene therapy to inject the DNA for these receptors into the genome of the specific cells that we target, but once we get over that hill, I think it'll be a better long term solution therapy than using pharmaceutical drugs.
>>
>>73729146
Reservoir engineer. Heard the fire's suppressing like 800,000 bbls of production. You think you'll be able to ramp it up again quickly?
>>
>>73735168
poly sci, like 90% of the people I went to lol school with.

Undergraduate degree doesn't matter at all for law school. In fact, majoring in something other than poly sci, english, history, or philosophy would probably make you stand out on your apps. Just get good grades.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.