[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just saw this on social media. Wondered if there is a specific
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
Just saw this on social media.

Wondered if there is a specific reason as to why they are fewer women directors, help me out /pol/, is this SJW whining or a rare example of real sexism?
>>
>very slightly over half of all film school students are female
>Yet somehow there is this horrible system of oppression in place the minute they leave school

I don't even know, man.
>>
>>73713043
Leni Riefenstahl
And did you know that american psycho was also by a woman?

Sometimes there are women succeding, and btw, these days everyone has a camera on their phone that is far better than cameras Kubrick used
So only reason for this women not succeding is that they suck
>>
To be quite honest with you senpai,
I can't think of a good reason for women to fail at directing. Although, most women are uninteresting sacks of meat with little "creativity," so if I'm throwing millions of dollars at an entertainment project with the idea of keeping millions of viewers rapt with attention to it, I wouldn't employ someone who has trouble keeping my attention for 5 minutes in conversation. Just my two cents.
>>
>>73713043
Big scale media products come from the Jew.
The Jew tells you to embrace diversity but watches his own bottom line.
Women directors are not as good, do not pull in the sheklim, and are far riskier.
>>
>>73713043
Fantastic bait. Ever considered those women are just shittier than the men?
>>
Being a good director requires creativity, discipline , technical understanding, ambition, being unique and have something new to offer. Not sure why you're even asking.
>>
>>73713043
Maybe it has something to do with the fact that they don't make good films?
>>
Who knew women could be bad at certain things just like men can be bad at certain things
>>
File: 1459276788765.jpg (88 KB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
1459276788765.jpg
88 KB, 360x480
>>73713043
>real sexism
>real

Male superiority is a thing maybe because we are?
>>
Whatever the cause, I seriously doubt there are any "glass ceilings" in that industry.
>>
>>73713043
Might be a good idea to egg on femshits and make the Juden cave it.

More """womyn""" getting in means Jews get pushed out. The Jews are the real problem. Why not have their creations go and push them out?

And since femshit-touched movies are almost always shit, more and more normies and non-libshits would stop watching movies all together, destroying the Jew-controlled brainwashing industrial complex. Or at least drastically shrink their market to cripple the industry and making a lot of media Jews lose a lot of money.

Not to mention the salt womyn would generate when people don't want to watch their movies.
>"Why don't you want to watch a movie made by an independent and strong womyn, you misogynistic and sexist pig shitlord!? REEEEEEE"
>>
I saw a play directed by a woman at Stratford (Ontario) a few years ago. I'm not a huge fan of plays but I'd been to a few at Stratford before and they were all excellent.

First time I walked out of a show of any kind.
>>
>>73713043
that dropoff from 1 to 2 is massive, whats the 20% doing? getting pregnant and dropping out? thats the reason no women make it to row 6.
>>
Someone should counter this with an infograph on how many women are garbage collectors, janitors, etc.
>>
>>73713803
how the fuck can a dog vomit that much?
>>
Directing requires meticulous detailing and working with everyone on the crew, but also being able to get people to stand the fuck down when they're being stupid.

It requires a certain level of intensity that is simply beyond most women.

The ones that make it up there are the best of the best, male or female. Attempting to force more women into director positions will just end up with more non-batman-DC-level bullshit. Not because women can't direct, but because the level of intensity needed to direct a movie with a huge budget would crush the souls of far more people than just a sub-par director in over their head.
>>
>>73713278
Ur retarded if u think any camera with a lens smaller than ur finger is "good"

t. 1st AC
>>
>>73713803
Wowzers
>>
movie landscape involves a lot of connections as does any business. Getting a large movie budget involves money and the right people to know you, it could be that the men who do all the movies are all buddies with each other and simply don't have any female collegues.

Imagine the4chan community, but making movies.
>>
>>73713043
If only half of the female students can make a short film, who the fuck would give them money to make anything?
>>
The graphic is disingenuous as it implys the same total number of people at each level.
>>
>>73713043
Perhaps women are more risk averse that men? This perfectly consistent with women paying less for auto insurance because they are less of a risk.
>>
the avg age of top box office directors was 50 years old over the past two decades. tell me, how many women went into the director's role back in the 60s to 80s? and how many of those in cinema?

its the same bullshit they try to play with board level executives. of fucking course you aren't going to have parity when one pool starts out smaller than the other. in the coming years, even without further pushing by feminists, we'll see the scale tipped too far in the other direction. i wonder, then, if these same women will then fight to swing the needle closer towards the center or if they will claim that the markets decide and sexism does not exist? we all know the answer.
>>
>>73713043
This is a shoop, the original was showing how many jews to non jews in the movie industry
>>
>>73713278
Kubrick filmed 2001 in 70mm format, which used three 35mm class cameras, superimposed to make one large, wide image. The quality for a 35mm film is about 5300x4000 in digital terms.

iPhones shoot 4K or 1080p, heavily compressed
>>
>>73714737

Seriously?

Do you have the original by any?
>>
>>73713043
So?

I'm sorry, is the film industry supposed to be 50/50? Is life in general?
>>
oy vey thank god these goy woman didn't blame the Jews for this one.
>>
>>73713043
It's not whites. That's jews discriminating them. It's film.
>>
Have you ever actually been to an acting conservatory or film school?
They are full of talentless fucks.

The reason there are few female directors is because all those chicks in film school want to make films specific to either their liberal opinions (which makes for crap movies), romance shit (of which is very unprofitable) or avant garde garbage.

Men generally make films about their interests which generally has action, violence, and naked chicks. Things very marketable to both men and women from all cultures.
Women's films are generally only marketable to a very small or non-existent audience.

Do you think some hipster art school chick wants to direct a movie about Superheroes, or WWII, or spies and shit? Of course not. They just want to "express themselves" and cry.
>>
>>73713043
>capitalism
>place for sexism
lmao
>>
>>73713043
people dont want to work with female directors. they are probably 100x worse than a female boss with a chip on her shoulder
>>
>>73715529
This is exactly it.

Women are dull, uninteresting and unfunny. What kind of movie are you going to do with those traits?

Sure there might be some good ones but I personally have never seen a good movie and saw a female name at the end credits. Ever.
>>
>>73714014
Pretty sure there are more jobs in the film industry than director
>>
>>73715799
Chicks and minorities just like making movies only they can enjoy.

How is a multimillion dollar budget gonna make its money back if it can't sell in other places?
>>
File: 1460529205375.png (804 KB, 1472x1582) Image search: [Google]
1460529205375.png
804 KB, 1472x1582
>>73713043
Geeee...... I wonder why
>>
>>73713043

being a director is harder than getting down on your knees and sucking Jew dick.

It required multi tasking and coordination plus creativity.

Plus, movies about your vagina will only go so far.
>>
Women entering lucrative/high prestige occupations? Meet competition. Men at the top making connections, Men at the bottom taking bit parts and any gig possible to keep their name in the game and earn opportunities. You don't just get a degree and immediately land high paying or even middle paying jobs in any prestigious fields unless your connections were pretty good back in school. A degree is a tool to make you more competitive against others, not a guarantee.
>>
>>73714772
I used to have the same original graphic. But I don't anymore. Jews hacked into my computer and deleted it. Seriously.
>>
>>73717549
I'll take your word for it man, that sucks.
>>
>>73713043
Men and women are different. In average they are very similar in a lot of things, like IQ, but when you look at the extremes of the bell curve there are a lot more men. Nature "rolls the dice" more often with men than women, which makes perfect sense from an evolutionary stand-point, because succeeding in an extraordinary manner offers more rewards to men than to women in terms of offspring (women are limited by pregnancy and menopause). For this reason, no matter the field, you will ALWAYS see men on top, while women are more uniformly distributed in the middle. The off-shot is that the biggest failures in the history of manking were also probably led by men.

The arguments that try to explain lack of women at the top with discrimination of some sort always fail one way or another, with ad hoc arguments that always apply to specific cases but never universally. For example, it is often said that "fair" representation (as in forcing a 50/50 split) can help close gender gaps, but this doesn't seem to stop the best cooks or fashion designers in the world (all men). Or the invisible glass ceiling, so invisible that it dissapears the moment you control for hours worked, productivity, etc. Proof of this is that the only measures being proposed are no longer blind interviews or other policies which try to make hiring as fair as possible, but instead they propose "effective equality" laws that force quotas, female-only training groups, etc. which basically cheat meritocratic systems and position women at the top unfairly.
>>
>>73713043
For fucks sake this literally destroys itself with the first statistic.
>>
>>73713043

Cool do one for Jews now
>>
>>73714078
I think they gave it something to induce vomiting.
>>
>>73713043
Women aren't as creative or driven to succeed as men are. It's simple, really.
>>
File: oy gevalt.jpg (728 KB, 2040x3160) Image search: [Google]
oy gevalt.jpg
728 KB, 2040x3160
>>73719950
>>
File: 1451245172301.png (98 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
1451245172301.png
98 KB, 600x500
>>73720111
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.