[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What should be done about the opioid epidemic /pol/? This isn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 15
File: oxycontin.jpg (70 KB, 620x442) Image search: [Google]
oxycontin.jpg
70 KB, 620x442
What should be done about the opioid epidemic /pol/? This isn't an inner city nigger problem anymore. The average opioid overdose profile is a Non Hispanic White Male in their mid 30's who started with a prescription for back pain or pain from degenerative arthritis. People get hooked on their pain pills and then move up to heroin or fentanyl and die of OD's. They start out having legitimate need for painkillers before they get addicted.

Donald Trump thinks the wall is going to solve the problem, completely forgetting that most the addicts get addicted through legit, American made pharmaceuticals
>>
We need something to take the edge off anon, don't take this from us.
>>
>>73709148
I don't know
>>
>>73709148
white people are being oppressed by minorities funded by SJWs and overdosing on opioids is a desperate cry for help
>>
>>73709148
lanklets btfo
>>
Let them kill themselves.

Opoate addicts aren't supposed to deal with the consequences of their actions if they're white? That sounds like cucked SJW cuck shit
>>
>>73709148
Less than 20% start with prescription pain pills.

Build wall.
>>
>>73709148
It's too late, and it's been too late since the 1960s. Doctors and Pharmacists hand this shit out like candy, ever since "being in pain" was a valid excuse.

I don't like to use TV shows as analogs, but Scrubs had a great episode on this. These aren't victims like so many people pretend they are. They genuinely turn into junkies. Losing the Drug War was a mistake.
>>
>>73709963
>Less than 20% start with prescription pain pills.
I'd like to see a source for that, druggie.
>>
>>73709148
If they know they're addicted, they should seek help. Doctors shouldn't hand that shit out like candy. As for the rest, just dump a fuckton of it on the streets and let them all overdose. Good riddance.
>>
There is PLENTY of help for an opiate addict. There is programs for them to ween off, there is programs for them to go cold turkey, there is support groups and meetings they can attend, there is FREE rehabs with bed and meals. There is forgiveness for drug offenders that get clean. The amount of help that is available is mind blowing and really not known about by normies. If someone raises their hand and says they have a problem, there are literally scores of people wanting to help them however they can.

There is a lot of support that people turn their back on so they can keep using...I don't have much sympathy.

What should be done about it? I don't know if anything further can be done, treatment options are a plenty. Tightening up legal opiate regulations will have little effect on the avg user.
>>
>>73710526
>There is programs for them to ween off
>There is forgiveness for drug offenders that get clean
This is literally the problem. They don't want help, and they are very rarely forced to get it.
>>
Fuarkk wish I had that bottle
>>
>>73710306

Doctors shouldn't hand it out like candy, too often they give out too much at once and without followup consultation to see how their pain management is going, and a big culprit is postop prescriptions. For dental work they give like 2 weeks of vicodin when they should be giving 2 days, with an option to come for a followup visit and get a refill if they're really still in pain from it.

When I had knee surgery they gave me 2 weeks of Norco, I only needed it for like 2-3 days then Ibuprofen was enough.

I mean that's one source of the problem that could be tackled by doctors, but when it comes to long term pain management, sometimes it seems like it's either these people get opioids or they suffer so much they just want to die anyway.
>>
>>73710777
The problem is two pronged:

Whites are the ones getting these scripts

Whites are too coddled to deal with pain
>>
>>73709148
BAN PAIN
>>
>>73709148
promotion of healthy active lifestyle.
being fit through life will stop 90% of back pains before they happen. also doing drugs interferes with your fitness regime, which is a deterrent from delving into a degenreate drug lifestyle.

I personally know i used to drink almost every night, and snort some of those pill at parties once in a while.. but since I took the iron pill a few years ago, i dont want anything to do with that shit. . I no longer drink because that means i wont be able to perform at the gym tomorrow.

people need to learn to respect themselves, and get in shape.
>>
>>73710988
>take the iron pill

/thread
>>
>>73710777
>Trips don't lie
>>
>>73709148
>Donald Trump thinks having functioning borders will have an effect on the out of control pharmaceutical industry
>as he said that one time
>citation needed
>>
File: Judge-Dredd-Movie-2012.jpg (70 KB, 1025x657) Image search: [Google]
Judge-Dredd-Movie-2012.jpg
70 KB, 1025x657
Someone is busted for non-prescribed opiates or amphetamines.

1 chance to clean up.

Than

Second offense;Shoot on site
>>
>>73711371
You're not gonna get one. Welcome to Nu/pol/.
>>
>>73709148
Who cares, you pretty much have to try to od. if you do it on accident your dumb. especially dealing with medication.
t. Used to be complete degenerate
>>
>>73709148

let all the degenerates die from drug overdoses because they're retarded assholes who don't listen when people tell them not to do drugs.

I know people who will beg, rob and steal for their daily dose and there's nothing that deters them from it.
>>
>>73709148
Look, if they were in so much pain that they needed potentially deadly medicine to alleviate it, then perhaps nature is telling them it's time to go.

And think of all the pain sufferers that live with their medication and do not die. Let's not put a cork on everyone's fork just because some stick themselves in the eye with the tines.
>>
make them narcan/laxative pills
therefore they become super sober and then they shit themselves as a reminder for being a drug using degenerate
>>
No one cares about real problems, OP. Just clinch issues like "preserving muh white race"

Tons of kids in my area have died due to opiates in the past year.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 316x202
>>73709535
This u fags

I love my percocet sometimes
>>
>>73710526

I think there's an issue with the stigma of going to get help for a narcotics problem. They don't want to be seen as white trash or niggers who got hooked due to peer pressure or wanting to get high. These people legitimately needed pain relief, it's just that pain relief is addictive as fuck.

Then there's the other stigma.. if they come out to their doctor that they're addicted.. and they legitimately have a chronic pain problem.. their fear is that they'll lose their pain medication and just suffer.

Chronic pain is exhausting, physically, mentally, and spiritually. When you're in so much pain you can't even sleep you're physically worn out all the time, and that takes its toll on you mentally being able to function and cope as well, emotionally you're angry and snappy at everyone all the time, because you're in pain, and nights when your pain is so bad nothing helps it, you pray and pray and pray, and no relief comes. You lose faith.

What we need is alternative treatments for the pain itself.
>>
>>73711371

here I'll help you out:

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/issues/
specifically: https://youtu.be/OfWidZH0xBs
>>
>>73711624

You're not reading the post or the news. The new generation of junkies isn't created by choice and peer pressure, it's created by a medical problem that becomes an addiction.
>>
>>73712260
He didn't mention prescription drugs once in that YT video.
>>
>>73712071
There is alternitive treatments for the pain itself and if someone is in so much pain they can't live without opiates, let them have their opiates.

People have had to confront much worse stigmas than having a pill habit. Stigma is no excuse to let yourself run wild as a junkie.

Quitting heavy opiate habit isn't hard. the heaviest opiate habits can get back to work in 2 weeks. and feeling completely normal again in 4 months. It is uncomfortable im sure, but it isn't hard to do. It's a lot harder to keep taking the drugs. People are just fucking junkies man...fuck em.
>>
File: hovedbilde.jpg (448 KB, 1531x1021) Image search: [Google]
hovedbilde.jpg
448 KB, 1531x1021
>>73709148
>we don't really into those kinds of pills here
>benzos only, bad enough
>well some few young stupid people prolly test all sorts of weird shit
>rivotril is most common
>valiums too
>and xanax
But damn pic related, each fucking time I am in that city dat happens. An overdose or 2-3 and a reminder that Os*o is just a tiny shit town of just about 500k "people".
>Nah heroin is the problem her
>lost two relatives to that shit
>>
>>73712412

exactly. He's not addressing the real problem. Donald Trump is stuck in a 1980's mentality, thinking all the heroin users are getting their drugs from mexico and are getting addicted through peer pressure in their teens. That's not the issue in New Hampshire. The issue is prescription opioids, they're the new gateway drug for Heroin.
>>
>>73712392
hardly. It's created by people experimenting with drugs, finding out how mellow and helpful opiates can be and then becoming addicted to it. I have met a lot of opiate addicts, I haven't met one with a legit pain problem.
>>
>>73712559
Good. Let the druggies suffer.

Everybody forgot about the concept of "tough love" over the past 20 years.
>>
>>73709148
I dont see the problem. Its 100 times better that they get this from the doctor. It must help some People. I am in pain, but it did not help me in dealing With pain. I dont use them, but because some People abuse them and die should not stop People from having a comfortable day.
>>
>>73712638
True

Pain/suffering/rock bottom is the ONLY thing that will get a junkie to quit. The pain of using needs to be greater than the pain of not using, and that's pretty tough when the pain of not using opiates is hell.
>>
>>73710092
I didn't, but I'm not an addict.

I took opiods 2 - 3 times a week for about a 3 year period. Now it's only a few times a year (when I'm on holiday abroad).
>>
>>73712638

I have 2 autoimmune diseases that cause degenerative arthritis. It feels like being hit in the joints with hammers while they're set on fire 24/7. Tough love doesn't help that.

I'm afraid of taking my pain medication because I know it's addictive. It feels like a real catch 22.
>>
>>73712920
I was talking about addicts, not people with a legitimate need.

You must have a guilty conscience.
>>
the problems isn't pills, it's dumbass faggots misusing them. this is like when someone drinks and drives and kills someone and you blame the alcohol instead of the driver
>>
>>73712990

that's where the addicts are coming from these days. People with legitimate need. If you use your pain meds every single day around the clock, you're going to develop tolerance, hyperalgesia (reinforcing the need to take the drug and take more of it to counter the increased pain and tolerance) and addiction.

I'm afraid of it happening to me, so I don't like to use it, even though I'm miserable. I pretty much use it when the loaded gun in my nightstand starts looking like my best friend.
>>
Everyone knows that big pharma needs some serious correction
>>
>>73712920
There's a fairly cheap drug called memantine which seems to reduce tolerance to a fair amount of drugs -- opiods, stimulants, and some depressants. Taking it daily would prevent you from gaining a large tolerance to opiods. It's one thing to be a junky and need 300$ worth of black tar a day. It's another to only need 20$ worth. Also, no tolerance = no physical addiction.

Endogenous opiods will also be more effective.
>>
>>73713452
This is why doctors and researchers are studying cannabis in a big way.

Or if you don't wanna use cannabis because of your sensitive predilections, you can always get an implant.
>>
>>73713597

maybe. I mean, I'd be willing to try it. Nobody dies from Cannabis overdoses or gets dope sick trying to quit Cannabis.
>>
I have to take these because of a shagged back.

What are the alternatives?

I could laze about in bed on benefits all day...

or I could take painkillers, work and contribute to society.

I'm fucked if I am going to be a dolite, I would rather take codeine and die early than be a degenerate tosspot.
>>
>>73713750
I was referring moreso to cannabis oils and extracts (NOT Marino), but I don't have any studies or journals on hand to back up my claims to their efficacy.

They're readily available though; even Texas legalized cannabis oil recently for treatment of epilepsy and other medical uses.
>>
>>73709997
"Being in Pain" is the only excuse. These are painkillers.
>>
>>73709148
That literally doesn't happen

Also better treatment for back pain would help wouldn't it .
>>
>>73709997
Have you ever herniated a disc?
Nerve pain can last a fucking long time.
>>
>>73713981

well yeah, that's what I mean too, I don't want to smoke weed, but I'd be on board with CBD oils or whatever, but I need for the laws to change so I don't lose my job or go to jail over it.
>>
Myy doctor ojce prescribed me 60 OXY and I didn't get addicted after taking it every day for over a month
People get addicted because they want to not because they have to
I hate hearing this shit
It takes an addict to get physically addicted
It takes an idiot to buy more than their doctor tells them
>>
>>73714491
it takes months, not one month to get addicted lol
>>
Well opioid overdose plummeted in the States that ended cannabis prohibition. Maybe you other shitty States should try it.
>>
>>73712392
define the word junkie
>>
File: bergenjunkie.jpg (166 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
bergenjunkie.jpg
166 KB, 620x349
>>73714757
>>
>>73709148
Well duh it sucks being a white male in America
Especially if your job prospects are shit
People are addicted because life sucks right now

I'm sure you've heard about this statistics but whites in America have a GROWING deaths rate
Something that hasn't in a developed country since the fall of the Soviet Union
>>
>>73714757

Opioid addicts. More specifically heroin addicts but when it comes down to it they all have the same mechanism of action. Just some are more potent than others, some are easier to get and cheaper than others, some are legal, some are illicit.

But they all act the same. They all have cross tolerance.

You can get fentanyl for China shipped to you, from the internet supposedly. A lot of good the wall will do about that. Fentanyl is 50x more potent than Heroin.
>>
>>73714940
>Its not MY FAULT I pop oxys every day
>ITS SOCIETYS FAULT

CLASSIC Nu/pol/. The horseshoe theory is real.
>>
>>73715269
Are you denying that society is fucked?
People are weak cucks raised in a sinking society
This isn't something you can just meme away
It's a pretty serious issue that no one seems to be paying attention to
>>
>>73714491
I did 80mg oxycontins on and off for two years before waking up with withdrawals. This was ages ago, when those green pills were flooding the streets.

They fucked me. I have been clean longer than a decade, did 6 years in the military, started another awesome new career, and my brain is still fucked up.

Once you use or abuse a certain amount of opiates, the passages in your brain become just about permanently wrecked. I have to take 5-htp every single day to prevent crippling depression. I have everything I could ever want, great job, nice house, nice cars, free time to enjoy hobbies, and I still dream of slamming a giant shot of oxy into my arm.

Opiates are different. I am not an addictive person. I don't smoke or drink, never touched any other drugs aside from weed. Once you expose the brain to opiates for enough time, it fundamentally fucks you for life.

I literally am excited about getting old and getting cancer, so I will be able to abuse opiates one more time before I die. It's sick and twisted but that's what my fucked up brain is telling me. My own brain is a fucking traitor.
>>
>>73715400
Okay but I just want you to acknowledge that this is the same logic liberals use to excuse nonwhite drug use.

>Its not Jamals fault he mainlines heroin into his dick
>Its society's fault! He does heroin to dull the pain of living in the ghetto!

Fuck "society". You're a weak cuck because you want to be a weak cuck.
>>
>>73709148
the solution is to abort more niglets.
>>
>>73714897
hip, hippie
junk, junkie

many of them are not where they are because they wanted it that way but because opiates showed them something they where deprieved from in their youth. for me 'junkie' has a bitter taste and cutting them out of society is just more proof for them that they are junk, puss, outsiders, not accepted or loved. the depression epidemic is certainly a reason why the opiates are diffusing in to the generall public.
>>
>>73715532
It is society's fault
The ghetto is shit and black families are dead broken things

This doesn't mean Jamal is faultless just that there's a serious issue in society
Denying that is fucking retarded because then nothing will get fixed ever
>>
>>73710777
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2015/05/19/russian-cancer-patients/27571013/
>>
>>73715655

has nothing to do with the problem.

We're talking about a largely white problem.

Actually, if it was just niggers, it wouldn't even be in the news, much less a headline. The only black men we gave a shit about dying due to a drug overdose is Prince (and that's what he died from, prescription opioid overdose), Michael Jackson, and Jimi Hendrix. That's pretty much it. Any other nigger who dies of drug overdoses doesn't even become a statistic we care about. We only care when it's white people in the suburbs dying of this shit, then we know it's a real problem.
>>
>>73715899

Yeah that's the other side of the coin. Without pain meds, people in those chronic pain situations would rather just die. With the pain meds they can get addicted and die anyway.
>>
>>73712633
what are you saying exactly?
>>
>>73712843
>I took opiods 2 - 3 times a week for about a 3 year period. Now it's only a few times a year (when I'm on holiday abroad).

i aspire to this. every time i have opiods around (H,oxy) I take them till there aren't any left. i'd start in the morning and by the time they wear off, I'd start drinking to shake it off and call it a day. i'm super tolerant so I have to take a lot before I'm happy. i'm a well functioning white male, with a paid off apartment, >100K in the bank.

i guess what saves me is that i don't have a dealer, it takes me a week before i can get my hands on some, which is enough to get me come back to my senses.
>>
>>73716202
Well we can't present blacks or the black community in a negative light in our media
That would be racist
>>
>This isn't an inner city nigger problem anymore.

It never was. It's always been a white trash problem. Pain killers are literally the crack equivalent for white people.
>>
>>73712920
have you tried marijuana?
>>
>>73716512

in the 60's-80s heroin was an inner city minority problem, or a GI returning from Vietnam problem.

I think the trend changed beginning in the 1990's. Grunge was the symptom of the first wave of it shifting to a whiter demographic. It kind of coincided with wider prescription of opioids that started in the late 1980s. Since then Heroin has become a problem of white people, and it's only been getting worse.
>>
>>73716355
A lot of opioid patients successfully switch to the reefers for pain management.

With the crazy cultivation that's going on they can breed marijuanas with hella analgesic properties plus the added effect of making you forget about the pain you previously suffered.
>>
>>73716697

Not in many years, and until the law changes I really can't.
>>
>>73709148
Fuck all these assholes for only caring about opiods when it's celebrities dying when there are thousands of regular people dying

Prince
Michael Jackson
Philip Symore Hoffman
Heath Ledger
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgyuBWN9D4w
>>
people who become addicted to opiates are weak-willed and do not have discipline. an opiate high is bar-none the best experience in my life and they provide an occasional chill evening buzz(that sounds depressing...). i don't become addicted to to them because i believe I have strong will and If I do not want to become addicted to something I simply do not allow myself to become addicted. it is that simple...
>>
>>73711712
probably wouldnt work because opiates cause incontinence
>>
>>73709148
Fuck you for posting that picture, now I'm craving
>>
>>73717135
said every addict EVER. They all thought they could control it
>>
>>73717135
you have little idea what it all is about and why.
>>
>>73715489
>I literally am excited about getting old and getting cancer, so I will be able to abuse opiates one more time before I die. It's sick and twisted but that's what my fucked up brain is telling me. My own brain is a fucking traitor.

I know that feel I only used opiates once a week for about 5 years so I never really became physically addicted but holy fuck I miss it so much
>>
>>73717466

you mean constipation.

Incontinence is shitting all over yourself uncontrollably.

Did you know that Immodium AD is an Opioid? It just doesn't cross the blood-brain barrier, but it acts on opioid receptors in the intestine.
>>
>>73709997
What episode?
>>
>>73717937

I don't really get this mindset. I mean hydrocodone for me makes me feel giddy for about an hour or so, and then I just want to sleep for another 5 hours. It's really not worth it for the "high"

It's only nice for me because the pain I get gets worse when I lay down, making it impossible to get comfortable and sleep. Hydrocodone reduces the pain and makes me drowsy so I get restful sleep when otherwise I'd be up all night moaning.

But out of all the drugs I've tried, only meth (and just once there) is a more disappointing effect. But I haven't done any hard stuff like heroin but if it's just going to make me nod off, no thanks.

If I wanted to get high I'd eat shrooms or drop acid.
>>
>>73709997

How do you "win" the drug war? Trying to target the supply side certainly hasn't accomplished anything. You have to work on the demand side.. but drugs create their own demand, in fact, I'd say drugs create more demand on their own just by existing than any other product, except maybe sex.
>>
>>73711761
Yeah my best friends brother died on our birthday last year, it was the worst thing to happen in my life, and I can't imagine what he's going through.
>>
>>73709148
education
after that fuck em.
the only people from my youth that ended up heroin addicts were retards anyway.
I developed a problem with oxy's after back surgery years ago, after i realized i hadnt shit in about 3 weeks, i stopped and just lived with the pain.
On the other hand, if someone generally wants help, it should be offered
>>
>>73709535
Seriously, people have found ways to get high since the beginning of time. The large majority of users use responsibly. If you're some little fag who is still scared from what you learned in your 5th grade DARE class good for you, don't do drugs. But there's nothing wrong with responsible adults using substances. They can make one's life so much better and more efficient; especially drugs like benzos, painkillers, stimulants and disassociates.
This is a really good TED talk on the topic of the legalization and regulation of all substances, and how altering one's state of consciousness is a basic human need. Every civilizations has found a way to do so since the beginning of time.

https://www.ted.com/talks/ethan_nadelmann_why_we_need_to_end_the_war_on_drugs?language=en
>>
>>73717135
how long have you been chipping? what are you taking? not everyone who tries heroin or other good opiates get addicted, but if you keep chipping you will eventually get physically addicted. it can take 6 months or 6 years, but it will most likely happen
>>
>>73709148
I actually personally know a few sterotypical cases of opoid addiction.
>started on pills
>"damn theses are great but I'd never do H"
>pills too expensive so they started doing H
>"this is much better than pills but I'm only going to snort/smoke it, shooting it up is for addicts"
>tolerance went up even more
>they started shooting it
>haven't been in contact with them since
>>
End the war on drugs and cease lying in your drug education.
>>
ITT: white trash drug problems

Ew. If you have substance abuse issues with anything other than alcohol, you're human garbage.
>>
>>73709148
If op drank bleach, that would be a good start.
>>
I got addicted to opiates. kicked them a few months back

ask me anything
>>
>>73719628
Fuck you, I used to think like that, but wait until it happens to someone who is close to you.
>>
>>73719729
How much $/day were you spending?
>>
>>73709148
>taking away my cash cows

fuck you moralfags ive got a bottom line here
>>
>>73719729
How'd you do it?
>>
>>73719874
I'm 11 years sober bitch. Went through and worked at rehabs.
>>
>>73712920
Most "autoimmune" diseases are actually reactions to blood pressure medicines, nutrasweet intolerance and reactions to synthetic b-vitamins in "enriched foods".

Stay away from that shit and your "autoimmune" disease will go away.
>>
>>73719920
I'm not him but I also kicked an opiate addiction. It sounds cheesy but I just decided to quit one day. I had no money, no friends, no job, and I decided I had to turn my life around.
>>
>>73709148

*tasty white tears*
>>
>>73719920
>>73720110
Same.

I was a heroin addict for a long time. I just quit one day. I went through withdrawals after cold turkey quitting, awful first three days, after that was just all around sick.

Benzodiazepines were way worse to quit than heroin.

For the record I still have no friends.
>>
>>73719889
At first it was really cheap but then later on I was spending $30 a day just to avoid withdrawals. Might not sound like a lot to you but I had no job at the time.
>>73719920
I quit because I ran out of money. I had even sold some of my stuff to buy more because it was that addictive. I quit cold turkey and it was pretty awful. It was like having the flu for two weeks plus hardcore depression + some other symptoms. It was just fucking awful.

Then one day I got into an accident and the hospital put me on painkillers...and I relapsed a little. Quit again. Haven't touched since February I believe

Lots of upper class white teenagers - early twenties guys getting addicted. Just like me
>>
Oh, forgot to mention: I still think about the feeling opiates give me all the time. Pretty much every day I think about it. Hasn't gone away.
>>
>>73709148
Im a loser fag who WAS addicted/dependant on pain meds. I chose to be in constant pain over the horrific feelings of running out of meds/money. Do yourself a favor DONT start ever. It will ruin you.
>>
>>73709148

It's like any other prescription med- people need to be watched for side effects and treated, including developing an addiction to the stuff.

We're far too likely to simply say "fuck it" in the health care system after the user runs out of Oxycodone and is no longer officially our concern...until they OD on stuff they score elsewhere.

I had a friend that had to take it for a severely broken (three places) arm for pain relief. The doctor expected she might end up addicted and she went through after-opioid therapy to help come down off the cravings. It worked, she's clean but without the help it would have been truly shitty (or a failure).

There's good reasons for those drugs, but the monitoring of their use and aftereffects is woefully inappropriate in how little is done.
>>
File: 1453314251135.jpg (68 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1453314251135.jpg
68 KB, 409x409
>>
Stop trusting doctors. How bluepilled can you get? I've known that med school text books are written by pharma companies since I was like 15.
>>
>>73709997

Sounds like someone hasn't ever had chronic pain so bad that the only thing that stops it are prescription-strength meds. Pain that bad sucks the life out of you, and often these are the only solutions offered or that even work.

I've had migraines bad enough that I ended up a useless sweat-covered, half-blind puking mess for over a day straight and an exhausted, stiff barely-moving one after the migraine finally broke.

Or I can take that oxycodone and the migraine breaks and I get to live normally like anyone else.

But I also have a doctor that keeps an eye on my rate of going through those meds, does regular blood tests, etc. so I don't end up addicted. Most docs don't take using these seriously enough.
>>
what i like about oxycodone is that is lasts a looong time. the heroin rush and nodding is overrated in my opinion, maybe because i never slammed. i prefer oxy's because they make you feel just right for a decent amount of time.
>>
>>73713452

I know that feel. For me, the oxy is literally the last ditch medication- most of the time, I can control it with over-the-counter stuff like Excedrin.

The idea that I actually get to the point of tolerance and addiction scares me shitless, more than the migraines do.
>>
Nothing better than the sweet release of skag

>PS only stupid people od. It's natural selection
>>
File: 1461879786098.jpg (185 KB, 800x864) Image search: [Google]
1461879786098.jpg
185 KB, 800x864
>>73719037
so what?
>>
>>73720070

I'm not on any blood pressure medications, I don't drink diet soda (or soda at all)

Rheumatoid arthritis just runs in the family.
>>
File: wakarimasen.jpg (30 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
wakarimasen.jpg
30 KB, 600x450
>>73709148

>state governments regulate the fuck out of prescription pain meds to the point where chronic pain patients can barely get enough to get through the day

>epidemic of opioid addiction gets worse anyway
>>
>>73710526
Really that much help? It really doesn't seem like it. Everywhere you go you hear "they should just let them die" or "they did it to themselves, who gives a shit" or "never trust him he did X". You seek help you're branded a shifty drug fiend with no emotions. Sure you might find a support group here and there, but employers, friends, family, public, won't look at you the same.
>>
>>73709148

Kratom is a miracle plant that allowed me to quit opiates cold turkey. Pretty sure Big Pharm is going to push for it to be illegal sooner than later.
>>
>>73712559
Prescription drugs are more expensive than heroin. Hydrocodone is $10/pill here in Dallas and it will take 3 or 4 to do anything. Oxycontin and others are more expensive. Heroin is dirt cheap and has a ton more risks associated with it.

Stopping heroin is far easier than stopping abuse of pharmaceuticals simply because it isn't widely produced in the US, and cutting off heroin supply is far more advantageous in that heroin is arguably more dangerous and is easier to acquire, similar to disparities in sentencing for crack and powder cocaine.

Ending the nearly pandemic abuse of pharmaceuticals is important, but is not a reason to not end abuse of other drugs.
>>
>>73722825

Yeah see that's part of the problem. When the opioid problem started increasing the government responded by moving all opioid medications from Schedule III to Schedule II. It's only a matter of time before they start making some of them Schedule I.
>>
>>73710526
>There is PLENTY of help for an opiate addict

But there's no help for a former opiate addict. See this is what people don't get. Opioid addicts don't get hooked on drugs because their lives are otherwise fine. They get hooked on drugs because they have difficulty getting through the day without some form of catharsis.

Drug addiction is a symptom of a problem, not the problem in and of itself. Drug addiction is caused by a broken society and a broken culture. Until we fix that, drug addicts aren't going to get better.
>>
>>73709148
youre an imbecile
maybe fix why people are unhappy enough in the 1st place to want/need those aside from physical pain management

fix why they are so desperate for them for emotional pain managment
>>
>>73716408
too many niggers, regardless of how others parse their points into finer and finer strained gradations to prove this or that.
>>
>>73723241

that's crazy. After insurance it costs me like $8 for a bottle of 56 Norcos. That's supposedly a month's supply but I drag it out over 3 months minimum, usually 4-5 months.
>>
gas 'em
>>
>>73723441

But what about those who get addicted to using them for legit physical pain management?

The average time between first prescription and overdose death is 31 months.
>>
>>73723547
I mean street value, not from a pharmacy. A constant prescription to painkillers is pretty difficult to acquire.
>>
>>73723724

yeah I'm aware I'm just stunned at how much more expensive they are on the street.
>>
>>73709148
I work in pharma for a company that manufactures opiods.

Blame the FDA. They approved extended release (ER) drugs with doses way higher than anyone needs. They're ineffective for pain management, but an addicts dream. Also blame the FDA for failed "abuse deterrent" monopolies. The abuse deterrence is bullshit that doesn't work, and the FDA knew all along. Prepare to see this unravel in the coming months. Most people already realized who is to blame, but the government is always slow to fault itself.
>>
>>73723441
Youre an imbecile

Pain management can be dealt with better than simply handing out oxy like sweets to kids. Fucking corporate cuck.
>>
>>73709148
at least american companies make money off americans doing legal drugs and not grubby spics. The tax dollars it generates we use to bomb pakis. Getting high kills brown ppl man quit being a moral crusading fag OP
>>
>>73724061
BANKUHS MATE
>>
File: tumblr_o5i1ygzCwv1uf597bo3_1280.jpg (184 KB, 1280x854) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5i1ygzCwv1uf597bo3_1280.jpg
184 KB, 1280x854
>>73724312
ILL OWN THEM BOOTS ONE DAY
>>
>>73724405
https://youtu.be/l9u5rrvT454
>>
>>73724226
Typical druggie.

>I-it's legal bro!
>>
Anyone ever take kratom?
>>
>>73724948
BUT DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
>>73709148
>Donald Trump thinks the wall is going to solve the problem,

>he thinks trump is actually going to fulfill his "promises"

>he thinks a wall would do anything

>he actually think trump is going to evict millions of people

are you even old enough to post here, kid?
>>
>>73725087
Not an argument. Pop another percocet, junkie, it'll help you "chill out".
>>
>>73724226
Any possible short term-gain is dwarfed by the social costs, broken families and underproduction in the longterm.
>>
>>73722047
The point obviously being that the unbased morals of a few shouldn't determine the rights of the large majority. If you'd take one second to watch that video, it clearly states and cited how every single negative aspect of drugs would be removed or greatly improved by their legalization, and would save the government a ridiculous amount of money and jail space. Literally the only reason not to do so is people saying "I don't want people getting high though" and it's ridiculous that those are the ones getting their way and holding the country back.
>>
>>73725318
BUT DUDE
ITS LEGAL LMAO
>>
File: 1439966536953.jpg (12 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
1439966536953.jpg
12 KB, 205x246
>>73725053
Yeah, I had a seizure & died from it

Just kidding familia
>>
>>73725101

I'm referring to: >>73712260
>>
>>73709148
>What should be done about the opioid epidemic /pol/?
Don't take opiods.
>>
>>73723415
>But there's no help for a former opiate addict.
of course there is; 12 step programs
>>
Im in Norco 10s 325mg, take four a day, for a total of 120 a month.

If my script was cancelled tomorrow I would probably only last a couple days before I took the smith & wesson retirement plan.
I have severe scoliosis, and had "harrington rod" surgery when I was 14 to put full length titanium rods along my spine. I am 28 now, and my spine has degenerated (lol) so I have severe arthritis in my lower back. I live in constant pain (usually around a 5 on a 1-10 pain scale, higher on bad days) but taking the painkillers let me get my pain level down to a 2-3, and then I can function and go to work. Without painkillers, I can't get through a full days work, or even a couple hours, so I would end up going on disability and becoming a professional gibsmedat.

Isn't it better for society to "look the other way" on the painkiller issue, and keep millions of guys like me at work, rather than go on some moral crusade and put me and others on disability? What would you do in my situation? Inb4 kill myself. Boring answer, already considered that, give me a better option and I might listen.
>>
File: 1461863673617.gif (4 MB, 426x240) Image search: [Google]
1461863673617.gif
4 MB, 426x240
the opiate problem is so fucking easy to solve in america it's ridiculous. here's how to do it in 2 steps

1.educate people what they're taking for their pain management. Doctors give these pills to people without explaining that if you don't take them as prescribed, you can and very well form an opiate addiction. They don't even tell them that you will overdose if you take X amount of pills.

2.remove tylenol from the fucking pills. almost ALL prescription opiate overdoses occur because of acetaminophen poisoning. People who use these pills recreationaly don't seem to understand this, because if they did they would perform a CWE on these pills to filter out the acetaminophen so they don't have to take a lethal dose of tylenol when they decide to get high off 10 vicodens.

>but opiates and tylenol synergize with each other to manage pain!
this is true, but there is really no reason to combine them in one pill if it's the number 1 cause of overdose in the united states. Simply just prescribe two pills, a pure opiate pill and tylenol.

There, you just cut down addiction rates and nearly eliminated prescription painkiller overdose.
>>
>>73709148
Legalize, regulate drugs and use generated tax revenue for rehabilitation and anti addiction/responsible drug use education

Every country that did this has low drug abuse rates (portugal, netherlands, ireland)
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 245x266) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 245x266
I was huge heroin addict but got on methadone and life has gotten much better. You feel normal on it, like you did before you ever started doing opiates. Takes care of your mood so you can get on with life. I convinced most of my junkie friends to get on it, and they are doing great.
Takes the cravings away, and saves you if you relapse onto heroin- its impossible to overdose from opiates when ur taking methadone
>>
>>73727968
Yes and then you end up getting dependent on methadone and not weaning yourself off the methadone.

>t. Know someone who's been on methadone "maintenance" for 20 years
>>
>>73727274

I'm definitely not saying to just suffer or be disabled. I'm saying it'd be nice to have alternative drugs that aren't addictive but are effective for chronic pain, and doctors need to followup more with pain management cases to make sure their patients aren't getting addicted or using too much of their medication at once.

If their Vicodin 5mg/325mg acetaminophen is no longer cutting it for their pain, even 2 of them at a time and they're going to higher doses (making them sick on the tylenol) maybe they need 10mg/325mg norcos, or if they're complaining about short duration, IE, they're told to take it every 8 hours but their pain relief wears off after 6 hours, maybe they need one of the Continuous release options.

The problem most likely is.. these patients get these drugs for a legit reason, but begin escalating the dose when the prescribed dose doesn't handle their pain.

Then they run out and their prescription can't be refilled. So they start getting from illicit sources.
>>
>>73727420
Its easy to solve because methadone works so well. Suboxone is shit, but methadone works. Ppl want to be pity cases and have ppl feel sorry for tgem instead of shutting the fuck up and getting on methadone
>>
>>73712920
I have a painful autoimmune disease too
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ankylosing_spondylitis

But ive weened myself off opioids (i still take them if it gets bad enough) just no longer my crutch. Actually have been going to the gym and doing very low energy exercises and smoke weed from time to time as an anti-inflammatory
>>
>>73709148
Like most of us in the decaying West, the Yanks aren't really happy any more. Among the consequences are low birth rates and sky rocketing drug use. If Trump really does BUILD WALL and REMOVE KEBAB, restoring the mental and economic health of the mass of American people, I'm convinced this "drug problem" will largely tackle itself.
>>
>>73727968
Yes, you child, thats the point.
If i get cancer im not gonna be like "OMG IM A SLAVE TO MY MEDICINE IM JUST GOING TO DIE INSTEAD OF HAVING TO TAKE A PILL EVERY DAY!!!"

i have friends at my clinic who are architects, lawyers and one who works for the national academy of science.
All of us plan to be on it for life because it causes ZERO MENTAL IMPAIRMENT, short or long term.
>>
>>73709148
Replace all opioid prescriptions with either Gabapentin or Tramadol(not an actual opiate) for severe pain.
>>
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 500x416) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 500x416
Studies have actually show peoples iqs increase after being on methadone for 10 years

Read page 11
http://www.drugpolicy.org/docUploads/meth347.pdf

"The first 155 patients to receive methadone doses of 79 mg/d to 100 mg/d tested within the normal range of intellectual functioning (54). There was an absence of patients in the lowest range of IQs. Follow-up testing of 30 patients a decade later showed the following results: 25 scored higher than their original tests, one scored the same, and four showed modest declines within the normal range of scores.
Therefore, the major conclusion of studies concerning the functional potential of methadone patients is that they can perform any job for • which they are qualified. Alcohol and depres- sants are more likely to be a source of problems
for persons who drive or work around machinery than is methadone when used as a maintenance medication."
>>
>>73728363

I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and Psoriatic Arthritis. It's been kind of a bitch because some of the treatments they put me on I formed antibodies to, so in some cases they stopped being effective and in others I had allergic reactions to and almost killed me.

They would just give me prednisone but that completely fucks up your heart and they say I'm too young for that, maybe when I'm 60ish they'll switch to that. If I live that long. I constantly have fevers and my CRP (C-reactive protein, an inflammation marker) is in the thousands, normally it's supposed to be 0-3mg/L
>>
All this arguing over rehab and legalization misses the fundamental issue of too-large doses being prescribed thanks to heavy marketing towards pharmacists. ER is marketed as a convenience and compliance aid, when in reality anyone in enough pain that they need opiods will never forget to take their medication. Doses at these levels are extremely addicting
>>73724047
>>
>>73728643

you do realize you just samefagged right?
>>
>>73728789

Tramadol is no more effective for pain than fucking Tylenol.
>>
>>73709148
>tfw whites Americans are the only demographic whose mortality rates are on the rise

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2016/01/middle-aged-white-americans-left-behind-and-dying-early/433863/
>>
>>73729161
Didnt mean to...
>>
>>73709148
I wish i had opioids
>>
>>73729468
No, you really don't
>>
>>73709148
replace all heroin with fentanyl.
problem immediately and irrevocably solved.
>>
File: 1460810014712.jpg (36 KB, 422x408) Image search: [Google]
1460810014712.jpg
36 KB, 422x408
>>73709148
>get addicted to opioids
>die from an OD
Seems like the problem's solving itself desu.
>>
>>73729592
no
not sure enough
use carfentanyl
>>
>>73727274

no, its better for society to look directly at it and see nothing wrong with the quality of life it prodives
>>
>>73728643
You meant to reply to me. That's a logical fallacy, though.

All the people I know from the clinic are burnout junkies who are content in their mediocrity. Relying on anecdotal evidence is illogical.

Also, there might be "zero mental impairment", but you cant deny that you still get a buzz off methadone, you just dont slip into a nodding-off sensation.
>>
>>73726885
BRILLIANT

>bets cure for insomnia?

>LOST OF SLEEP

ahhaahahha

>>73725918
are you a dead?

>>73725318
society itself creates those problems with the drugs as excuses
>>
>>73709148
Based Co-Codamol
>>
>>73724061
anecdotal fallacy
ad hom
poisoning the well
false dilemma
armchair pharmacologist
armchair sociologist
psychopath
et al
you lose
>>
>>73709148

Just taking care of the "white problem" mate :p
>>
>>73723690

>But what about those who get addicted to using them for legit physical pain management?

what about them?

>The average time between first prescription and overdose death is 31 months.

better than a life of pain
>>
>>73730887
They get addicted because of the way opiods are prescribed. It doesn't have to be this way

A very good article:
http://static.latimes.com/oxycontin-part1/
>>
>>73727274
No it sounds like you're using them as prescribed
Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.